Author Topic: Should Cops Be Allowed to Kill for Throwing Stones?  (Read 22196 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Should Cops Be Allowed to Kill for Throwing Stones?
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2015, 04:12:02 PM »
Evidence against these supposed "renegade cops" executing people cold blooded in the street has been a little bit weak here lately, imo.

Truth.  Hasn't stopped people from nationwide campaigns.  It's alarming how these movements are grounded on demonstrably false evidence/claims. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2015, 04:18:22 PM »
Truth.  Hasn't stopped people from nationwide campaigns.  It's alarming how these movements are grounded on demonstrably false evidence/claims. 

Watch out Dos Equis, you accidentally might bump into some undercover police officer at the DVD section in your local Target only to have him bust out his concealed Desert Eagle and blow you away in response!!!

Aren't you scared!?!?   ???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2015, 04:19:45 PM »
yall are making up reasons why the cops were cool to shoot this guy.

yes, the rock would have technically qualified.

But running away after throwing a rock - that's what the video shows.   All this "the cops didn't know if he reloaded with more rocks"  -  they were 4 feet from him, they saw he was out of rocks.  

shit man, you just want to bend over and get rammed by LEO, you really do.  some kind of guilt for your pot smoking younger days, people?  I dont get it.

333386, please chime in with common sense here

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2015, 04:21:05 PM »

But running away after throwing a rock - that's what the video shows.   All this "the cops didn't know if he reloaded with more rocks"  -  they were 4 feet from him, they saw he was out of rocks.  

shit man, you just want to bend over and get rammed by LEO, you really do.  some kind of guilt for your pot smoking younger days, people?  I dont get it.

And as usual you are making up outrageous story lines and claiming to know the minds of the officers.
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2015, 04:23:11 PM »
Watch out Dos Equis, you accidentally might bump into some undercover police officer at the DVD section in your local Target only to have him bust out his concealed Desert Eagle and blow you away in response!!!

Aren't you scared!?!?   ???

Terrified.  Cops are always shooting young men who are on their knees with their hands up.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2015, 04:28:04 PM »

If it was 1962 and we had Sheriff Andy Taylor on the call maybe he could have given the criminal the benefit of the doubt... Talked him into trying him some of Aunt Bea's apple pie left over in the patrol car....Had a good Christian honest, positive 15 minute chat and they both left the situation better men without anyone having to go to jail or so much a ticket being written up.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2015, 04:28:17 PM »
Evidence against these supposed "renegade cops" executing people cold blooded in the street has been a little bit weak here lately, imo.

Exactly, because it's a child's view of the discussion.

Nobody, and you can't point to even one thread, where the issue has revolved around a cop executing somebody in cold blood, on their knees, etc.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2015, 04:29:27 PM »

But running away after throwing a rock - that's what the video shows.   All this "the cops didn't know if he reloaded with more rocks"  -  they were 4 feet from him, they saw he was out of rocks. 

shit man, you just want to bend over and get rammed by LEO, you really do.  some kind of guilt for your pot smoking younger days, people?  I dont get it.

Yep, right off the bat it's about how this guy was trash.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2015, 04:29:54 PM »

Aren't you scared!?!?   ???

the point is - this COULD happen.

IF a cop didn't like beach for whatever reason (surely a possibility)
IF we lived in a world where anyone who assaults a cop could be shot while running away (getbiggers want it)
IF we lived in a world where cops sometimes make up assault charges (oh yes, already there)

I don't like a world where the cop you mentioned could waste beach bum and get away with it.  Once you allow #2 from above to be allowed (as #1 and #3 are already in place), you allow cops to become one man execution squads.

I GUESS we could just reverse it... Bearded man wearing a "dont tread on me" shirt is executed by 5 African cops wearing UN hats on the streets of America, because he threw a rock and ran.   I have to wonder if the Repub wing of getbig would support that shooting as easily ;)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2015, 04:32:45 PM »

IF we lived in a world where anyone who assaults a cop could be shot while running away (getbiggers want it)
IF we lived in a world where cops sometimes make up assault charges (oh yes, already there)

I don't like a world where the cop you mentioned could waste beach bum and get away with it.  Once you allow #2 from above to be allowed (as #1 and #3 are already in place), you allow cops to become one man execution squads.

I GUESS we could just reverse it... Bearded man wearing a "dont tread on me" shirt is executed by 5 African cops wearing UN hats on the streets of America, because he threw a rock and ran.   I have to wonder if the Repub wing of getbig would support that shooting as easily ;)

Nah dude, all these cops are innocent, lol.

I know when I'm in Wal-Mart it's my first instinct to want to kill some kid playing with a toy gun.  ::)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2015, 04:36:30 PM »

I don't like a world where the cop you mentioned could waste beach bum and get away with it.  Once you allow #2 from above to be allowed (as #1 and #3 are already in place), you allow cops to become one man execution squads.

I GUESS we could just reverse it... Bearded man wearing a "dont tread on me" shirt is executed by 5 African cops wearing UN hats on the streets of America, because he threw a rock and ran.   I have to wonder if the Repub wing of getbig would support that shooting as easily ;)

Ah, when you're argument has absolutely zero substance to it...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2015, 04:37:08 PM »

Exactly, because it's a child's view of the discussion.

Nobody, and you can't point to even one thread, where the issue has revolved around a cop executing somebody in cold blood, on their knees, etc.

That's exactly what people claimed happened in Ferguson.  "Hands up don't shoot"!  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2015, 04:38:10 PM »

And as usual you are making up outrageous story lines and claiming to know the minds of the officers.

Yep. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2015, 04:42:24 PM »
That's exactly what people claimed happened in Ferguson.  "Hands up don't shoot"! 

First, people in Ferguson have nothing to do with posters on this site...not even sure how the hell you made that leap.

Second, that was a couple of witnesses that made that claim with others saying vastly different.

As I said, he's got a child's argument.  We're not going to see cops putting people on their knees and executing them.  ::)
It's not even an issue.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2015, 04:46:54 PM »

First, people in Ferguson have nothing to do with posters on this site...not even sure how the hell you made that leap.

Second, that was a couple of witnesses that made that claim with others saying vastly different.

As I said, he's got a child's argument.  We're not going to see cops putting people on their knees and executing them.  ::)
It's not even an issue.

I'm not sure exactly what posters said on the board, and if your comments were confined solely to what a handful of people said on the board, then I stand corrected. 

What you're not correct about is that a "couple of witnesses" made a claim about Brown being executed.  There have been thousands of people nationwide making the same false claim about Michael Brown being executed.  Members of the St. Louis Rams came out doing a "hands up don't shoot" gesture during pre game.  It was/is all over the county.  All based on a blatant falsehood. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2015, 04:49:54 PM »
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/report-atlanta-cop-wanted-on-murder-charge/nhBGj/
Here's an example of a cop that met a chick on a dating website, killed her, burnt her body, and tried to flee to MEX.

Don't tell me cops don't do evil and fcked up things.  They're people just like everyone else, and some will be messed up or evil.

I don't like the idea of Cops having the ability to shoot unarmed people in back for crimes that the cop's word is enough to establish.  Period.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2015, 04:51:28 PM »
Ah, when you're argument has absolutely zero substance to it...

my point is that the cops would be from another continent, brought in by obama/UN to subdue american protesters.

how fast would these little suck-ups support UN "peacekeepers" from Africa or Asia mowing down americans for running away after 'throwing a rock'?

I have to think suddenly, they'd be against it.  But hey, today they think police should be able to waste people who are running away empty-handed.  Gotcha.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2015, 05:00:40 PM »
my point is that the cops would be from another continent, brought in by obama/UN to subdue american protesters.

how fast would these little suck-ups support UN "peacekeepers" from Africa or Asia mowing down americans for running away after 'throwing a rock'?

I have to think suddenly, they'd be against it.  But hey, today they think police should be able to waste people who are running away empty-handed.  Gotcha.

To massive amounts of United State citizens that would be treason and you would have more to worry about them some Lone Wolf Tea Party Weirdo showing up and causing trouble.

In fact, I think the UN "peacekeepers" would be the ones pissing their pants in such a scenario.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2015, 05:03:13 PM »
I'm not sure exactly what posters said on the board, and if your comments were confined solely to what a handful of people said on the board, then I stand corrected. 

What you're not correct about is that a "couple of witnesses" made a claim about Brown being executed.  There have been thousands of people nationwide making the same false claim about Michael Brown being executed.  Members of the St. Louis Rams came out doing a "hands up don't shoot" gesture during pre game.  It was/is all over the county.  All based on a blatant falsehood. 

Eh, splitting hairs.  A couple of people made the claim, a larger group unfortunately parroted a bunch of nonsense.

In any event, we're trying to discuss a use of force where the rules aren't so clear.

The cops should be held to the same or higher standards that we are.  If they shot him for punishment, they've got to be prosecuted and put in a tiny cell for a long time.  If they shot because they thought they were about to get pelted again, I'm thinking it's justified self defense.  Problem is....do we really have any way to tell in this case?  I'm thinking, no.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2015, 05:05:58 PM »

I have to think suddenly, they'd be against it.  But hey, today they think police should be able to waste people who are running away empty-handed.  Gotcha.

It would be the same thing.  Everybody knows that 'UN Peacekeepers' = Americans.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2015, 05:08:41 PM »

Eh, splitting hairs.  A couple of people made the claim, a larger group unfortunately parroted a bunch of nonsense.

In any event, we're trying to discuss a use of force where the rules aren't so clear.

The cops should be held to the same or higher standards that we are.  If they shot him for punishment, they've got to be prosecuted and put in a tiny cell for a long time.  If they shot because they thought they were about to get pelted again, I'm thinking it's justified self defense.  Problem is....do we really have any way to tell in this case?  I'm thinking, no.

If you're making the broader statement that people in general do not accuse the cops of executing people, then no it's not splitting hairs. 

Is there any evidence that this guy was shot as a form of punishment? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2015, 05:08:45 PM »
The cops should be held to the same or higher standards that we are.  If they shot him for punishment, they've got to be prosecuted and put in a tiny cell for a long time.  If they shot because they thought they were about to get pelted again, I'm thinking it's justified self defense.  Problem is....do we really have any way to tell in this case?  I'm thinking, no.

They have 2 viewpoints of the video.  

The guy picks up a rock, throws, and they shoot/taze him.

He runs, crosses a street, freezes with hands up, then runs again.

I don't see any scenario where they think a rock magically reappears in his hands.  

Rather, more likely, they were already in "shoot this motherfvvker" mode (because he had a rock up), and just like in many other cases, when they finally did cross the street to him, his hands were empty, his hands were up, and he was shot because of "some shit that happened earlier".

He was shot because he threw a rock at them.  Then he ran, crossed street, ran, froze, put hands up, and was shot by a few of them.  THIS is what I hate - the "continuation" where person can do something, run, surrender, then be executed, and these pussy idiot wimp suckups say "well, he shouldn't have thrown a rock".

Sickening that some people are that soft.  He was no longer a "deadly threat" and his hands were up.  Just arrest him, you  murderous fucks.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2015, 05:11:57 PM »
If you're making the broader statement that people in general do not accuse the cops of executing people, then no it's not splitting hairs. 

I'm right there Gung-Ho and saying "lock up the corrupt sonovabitch and throw away the key" with Skip and 240 as soon as we see this evidence.

But like the rest of these non stories I simply do not see it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2015, 05:13:05 PM »
I'm right there Gung-Ho and saying "lock up the corrupt sonovabitch and throw away the key" with Skip and 240 as soon as we see this evidence.

But like the rest of these non stories I simply do not see it.

Agree. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2015, 05:16:44 PM »

As far as I know (understanding that it's still under investigation), only the video that seems to indicate he was surrendering, but could also indicate he was about to throw again.

If somebody was throwing rocks at you, would you be justified in using lethal force?  Do you think a prosecutor would put you away?