Author Topic: Should Cops Be Allowed to Kill for Throwing Stones?  (Read 22200 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Should Cops Be Allowed to Kill for Throwing Stones?
« Reply #175 on: February 19, 2015, 11:11:33 AM »

Lame, you just took it out of context.   ::)

At least be intelligent enough not to come across like fat 13 year moron.   ;)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2015, 11:14:08 AM »
Didn't have to be in his pocket.  It's hard to tell, but it looked like he had something in his hands when he turned back towards the officers right before the second round of shots. 

We don't know if had a rock in his hand or not.  Even if its a rock I still don't think deadly force is warranted. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #177 on: February 19, 2015, 11:14:53 AM »
Regardless of the outcome of the case, your argument at this time that the police on site knew of his history will be based on ZERO facts which will show how stupid you are.

But you got one thing going for you in that when you look like fool you can always post up a meme to distract from that sobering fact you have to face.

lol funny your already covering the fact you know your wrong,got to hand it to you mr. rogers hahaha

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #178 on: February 19, 2015, 11:15:35 AM »
I'd like to see the exact procedure in writing.

It just doesn't seem logical in that instance that they would be trained to assume they are in deadly danger.  Had this been a knife or gun or bat, sure.  Softball sized rock sitting on the ground 20 yards away?  NO.

Softball sized rock in his hand in the act of throwing?  Maybe.  Just about anyone could and would dodge that.  

Deadly danger isn't the standard anywhere, for either police or civilians.  It's death or serious bodily injury.  

It's out of context to say this was just about a rock sitting 20 yards away.  The guy had already thrown rocks, was running away, then turned back towards the officers and looked like he was going to do it again.  With a split second to make a decision, they pulled the trigger.  I wouldn't except them to wait until the guy throws another softball sized rock.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: February 19, 2015, 11:17:05 AM »
We don't know if had a rock in his hand or not.  Even if its a rock I still don't think deadly force is warranted. 

I agree we don't know and the cops probably didn't know for certain either. 

You don't think a softball sized rock is a deadly weapon, or at least a weapon that can cause seriously bodily injury? 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: February 19, 2015, 11:17:35 AM »
Lame, you just took it out of context.   ::)

At least be intelligent enough not to come across like fat 13 year moron.   ;)

Do you even lift?  :D

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: February 19, 2015, 11:17:48 AM »
lol funny your already covering the fact you know your wrong,got to hand it to you mr. rogers hahaha

::)

until you can prove the police on  the scene knew his history you got nothing.  If you can i might change my opinion.  But event then, you have proven only how stupid you are, because what the police on the  scene know hasn't been established yet.

Go ahead and post another meme to hide how dumb of a person you are.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #182 on: February 19, 2015, 11:18:28 AM »
Deadly danger isn't the standard anywhere, for either police or civilians.  It's death or serious bodily injury.  

It's out of context to say this was just about a rock sitting 20 yards away.  The guy had already thrown rocks, was running away, then turned back towards the officers and looked like he was going to do it again.  With a split second to make a decision, they pulled the trigger.  I wouldn't except them to wait until the guy throws another softball sized rock.  

come on they could just shoot the rock in the air and make it into pebbles.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: February 19, 2015, 11:19:46 AM »
I agree we don't know and the cops probably didn't know for certain either. 

You don't think a softball sized rock is a deadly weapon, or at least a weapon that can cause seriously bodily injury? 

It could if thrown at a person who was unaware or didn't have the ability to dodge it.

Its a rock, its not that  dangerous if you know its coming.  

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #184 on: February 19, 2015, 11:20:39 AM »
::)

until you can prove the police on  the scene knew his history you got nothing.  If you can i might change my opinion.  But event then, you have proven only how stupid you are, because what the police on the  scene know hasn't been established yet.

Go ahead and post another meme to hide how dumb of a person you are.

oh someone getting mad lol just admitt your wrong

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: February 19, 2015, 11:20:52 AM »
Do you even lift?  :D

Do you?

Or do you just spend your time making stupid arguments that show how ignorant you are?

Or are you just a good little parrot?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: February 19, 2015, 11:22:46 AM »
oh someone getting mad lol just admitt your wrong

No, I am pretty right about you.  You have demonstrated yourself very well here. 

YOU = take an unproven fact, pass it off as fact, then jump into ad-hom when called on it.   

Pretty what you do all the time.

com on now, you know you want to post another meme.  DO IT!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: February 19, 2015, 11:24:16 AM »
It could if thrown at a person who was unaware or didn't have the ability to dodge it.

Its a rock, its not that  dangerous if you know its coming.  

:o

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #188 on: February 19, 2015, 11:30:38 AM »
No, I am pretty right about you.  You have demonstrated yourself very well here. 

YOU = take an unproven fact, pass it off as fact, then jump into ad-hom when called on it.   

Pretty what you do all the time.

com on now, you know you want to post another meme.  DO IT!!!

you mad bro hahaha anger is no way to live life
would you be my neighbo. lol

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: February 19, 2015, 11:34:30 AM »
you mad bro hahaha anger is no way to live life
would you be my neighbo. lol

ad-hom  and ridicule.  That's what you do when your dumb arguments are exposed. 

At least your lack of substance is consistent   

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #190 on: February 19, 2015, 11:36:26 AM »
Here is a proven fact: The perp was a worthless POS! The world is better off without him here stinking it up any more. He was exactly the type of person to kill, to create a better world for real human beings.
His death prevents all the future harm to society, that he would have done, if he were still alive.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #191 on: February 19, 2015, 11:39:51 AM »
the comment I responded to..  The question is also irrelevant because I never stated or implied what you suggested at all.   Oh, it also may qualify as a complex question fallacy.  Oh and the original comments you made that I replied to are also false analogies.

I don't know which comment you are referring too

just state the words you think I'm putting in your mouth

also, as I've pointed out I was responding to a specific scenario proposed by Skip so I didn't "frame" anything or make a false equivalency.  I responded to specific question

How about you go back to the Palin thread and do the exact same thing are you trying to do here

That's what I asked you to do there multiple times while you played dumb

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: February 19, 2015, 11:40:55 AM »
Here is a proven fact: The perp was a worthless POS! The world is better off without him here stinking it up any more. He was exactly the type of person to kill, to create a better world for real human beings.
His death prevents all the future harm to society, that he would have done, if he were still alive.

I disagree.  Everyone's life has value.  He didn't deserve to die just because he might have been a thug, or a crackhead, or just crazy.  He did create the circumstances that led to his own death, but he was a part of society, which includes people from all income, education, mental health, etc. levels.  

Maybe he would have spent his life in and out of jail.  Or maybe he would have become a productive member of society.  Who knows?  

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #193 on: February 19, 2015, 11:50:57 AM »
I disagree.  Everyone's life has value.  He didn't deserve to die just because he might have been a thug, or a crackhead, or just crazy.  He did create the circumstances that led to his own death, but he was a part of society, which includes people from all income, education, mental health, etc. levels.  

Maybe he would have spent his life in and out of jail.  Or maybe he would have become a productive member of society.  Who knows?  

Yeah Right. If they hadn't killed the worthless piece of shit, he was going to take up medical research and cure diseases. Grow a brain. The problem with society is that we don't kill off more of the shit people who are polluting society with their criminal presence.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: February 19, 2015, 11:55:13 AM »
Yeah Right. If they hadn't killed the worthless piece of shit, he was going to take up medical research and cure diseases. Grow a brain. The problem with society is that we don't kill off more of the shit people who are polluting society with their criminal presence.

I have no idea what he would have done or become and you don't either.  I haven't read anything about the guy.   

Plus I'm not into that whole Nazi kill off the undesirables thing. 

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #195 on: February 19, 2015, 12:00:52 PM »
I have no idea what he would have done or become and you don't either.  I haven't read anything about the guy.   

Plus I'm not into that whole Nazi kill off the undesirables thing. 

So you find violent criminals to be what, desirable in society? What, they're just doing their part to make the world a better place, and we should all care about them? Really? Seek professional help.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: February 19, 2015, 12:11:54 PM »
So you find violent criminals to be what, desirable in society? What, they're just doing their part to make the world a better place, and we should all care about them? Really? Seek professional help.

No I don't think violent criminals are a desirable part of society.  They should be locked up or executed, depending on the crime.  What I'm not in favor of is killing people who make mistakes.  I believe in rehabilitation.  It works for some.  I believe in second chances.  I believe people can change.  That doesn't mean we have to condone criminal behavior or give people a pass when they break the law.  We shouldn't.  But it doesn't mean we should go round up people you don't believe are productive members of society and start killing them. 

You should read about Hitler and Nazi Germany.  That is precisely what those folks did.  They systematically targeted and killed people who didn't fit their idea of a master race, including mentally disabled people and homosexuals.  Twisted. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #197 on: February 19, 2015, 12:19:33 PM »
ad-hom  and ridicule.  That's what you do when your dumb arguments are exposed. 

At least your lack of substance is consistent   

lol would you like to bet on who ends up right,and has the dumb arguments.come on mr rogers

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #198 on: February 19, 2015, 12:22:35 PM »
No I don't think violent criminals are a desirable part of society.  They should be locked up or executed, depending on the crime.  What I'm not in favor of is killing people who make mistakes.  I believe in rehabilitation.  It works for some.  I believe in second chances.  I believe people can change.  That doesn't mean we have to condone criminal behavior or give people a pass when they break the law.  We shouldn't.  But it doesn't mean we should go round up people you don't believe are productive members of society and start killing them.  

You should read about Hitler and Nazi Germany.  That is precisely what those folks did.  They systematically targeted and killed people who didn't fit their idea of a master race, including mentally disabled people and homosexuals.  Twisted.  

Rehabilitation has been a dismal failure. It isn't the answer. Neither is education, because the vast majority of violent criminals, are too stupid to be practically educated. Homosexuals and other mentally disabled people should be put in institutions, but violent criminals should be killed just for drill, because they can't be cured, regardless of what conservative "do gooders" and liberal "bleeding hearts," erroneously believe.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: February 19, 2015, 12:23:46 PM »
lol would you like to bet on who ends up right,and has the dumb arguments.come on mr rogers

Maybe, but first you need to cop to your mis-representation of facts.