Author Topic: Arrested! Chris Benoit's doctor Dr. Phil Astin  (Read 3869 times)

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
Arrested! Chris Benoit's doctor Dr. Phil Astin
« on: July 02, 2007, 11:48:31 AM »
He turns himself into the feds.
Who else will be on the Dr's files.
Not the Hulkster I Hope.

Story from CNN

ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- The personal doctor of pro wrestler Chris Benoit was charged Monday with improperly dispensing painkillers and other drugs.

The seven-count indictment says Dr. Phil Astin dispensed drugs including Percocet, Xanax, Lorcet and Vicoprofen between April 2004 and September 2005.

The recipients were identified in the indictment by their initials.

Federal drug agents have taken over the probe into whether Astin improperly prescribed testosterone and other drugs to Benoit before the wrestler killed his wife and son and committed suicide in his suburban Atlanta home last month. State prosecutors and sheriff's officials are overseeing the death investigation.

Astin surrendered earlier Monday.

Attorney Manny Arora said Astin "is doing about as good as can be expected. He's disappointed and surprised."

Meanwhile, the state prosecutor in the Benoit investigation said Monday he currently has no plans to file criminal charges in the case.

"From our standpoint, I have no reason to believe there will be any criminal charges at the current time," Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard told The Associated Press. "What the federal government is going to do, it will be up to them."

Investigators have conducted two raids at Astin's west Georgia office since last week.

"It would be our belief and understanding that the federal authorities were looking for patient files and the computers that the files may be contained in to determine if prescriptions were written improperly," Arora said.

Astin prescribed testosterone for Benoit, a longtime friend, in the past but has not said what, if any, medications he prescribed when Benoit visited his office June 22, the day authorities believe Benoit killed his wife.

Meanwhile, toxicology tests on Benoit's body have not yet been completed, Ballard said.

Anabolic steroids were found in Benoit's home, leading officials to wonder whether the drugs played a role in the killings. Some experts believe steroids can cause paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as "roid rage."

"We're still asking questions and searching for answers with regard to the death so we can tie up loose ends," Ballard said.

Ballard said finding a motive in the case remains elusive.

"I think it will always be undetermined as to 'Why?"' Ballard said. "I think it's because there can't be any satisfactory reason why you kill a 7-year-old."

Authorities have said Benoit strangled his wife and son, placing Bibles next to their bodies, before hanging himself on the cable of a weight-machine in his home.

Benoit's father, Michael, said Monday that "it's impossible to come up with a rational explanation for a very irrational act."

"That's my feeling. Let the cards fall where they fall, we have no control over it at this point," he said. "It's just impossible to come up with a rational explanation for what happened."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/02/wrestler.ap/index.html
Most are all show no go!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Benoits Dr. arrested.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 11:50:03 AM »
oh brother, like that's gonna solve anything. ::)

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 11:55:06 AM »
They tried to get Mcmahon once, and Hulk Hogan saved his butt.  Will WWE be able to whether this storm?  Cause you know that they are under the microscope even more now.
Most are all show no go!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 11:57:25 AM »
McMahon may be an asshole but what the fucck does he have to do with the psychotic actions of another person, i'm so sick of this blame society, it's always someone else's fault, it's bullshit.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 12:01:46 PM »
standby for steroids being blamed in a media frenzy
T

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 12:08:04 PM »
it's the Doctor's fault that he killed his family, it's McDoanlds fault that people are fat, it's Phillip Morris's fault that people smoke 4 packs a day and get emphysema at age 47 and on and on and on. ::)

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 12:11:06 PM »
it's the Doctor's fault that he killed his family, it's McDoanlds fault that people are fat, it's Phillip Morris's fault that people smoke 4 packs a day and get emphysema at age 47 and on and on and on. ::)

That about sums up all of America's problems LoL...
You Can't Do It!!!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 12:13:22 PM »
my take is........do whatever the fucck you want to do in your life but don't fuccking blame me or anyone else if you get yourself into trouble, stay the fucck out of my business and i stay out of yours.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 12:14:21 PM »
oh brother, like that's gonna solve anything. ::)
Exactly.... As if the steroids had anything to do with the crimes he commited? The stupidity of some people amaze me....They can't arrest Benoit..So....They'll just go and arrest the Dr. ?

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 12:14:57 PM »

Well, his doctor probably perscribed him something very illegally.  I agree with Mcdonalds ect.  But the law is the law.  It must be huge for them to come down on his doctor like that, this quick and hard.
Most are all show no go!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 12:16:34 PM »
Well, his doctor probably perscribed him something very illegally.  I agree with Mcdonalds ect.  But the law is the law.  It must be huge for them to come down on his doctor like that, this quick and hard.
who fuccking gives a shit? he's a grown man, he doesn't have to take the shit, he went to the doc and asked the doctor to prescribe it and he did, he made his own decision.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 12:23:30 PM »

no kidding.

the system is designed so that stupid people can exterminate themselves. 

everyone in this country is very well aware that McD makes you fat, smoking causes cancer, seatbelts save you in crashes, etc.

when someone ignores this and kills themselves, it's simple.  They assigned more value to the joy given to them from McD/Marlboro, than they did to the joy of living another 40 years.

We shouldn't hate on them for it.  We should thank them for checking out, leaving their social security money and 40 years worth of food/water available for the rest of us. 

WetWorker

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 12:26:08 PM »
We all know its the testosterone cream that made him do it.  Pointing the blame to testosterone cream  is going to bring back the Benoit family and make everyone feel better ::)

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 12:47:14 PM »
who fuccking gives a shit? he's a grown man, he doesn't have to take the shit, he went to the doc and asked the doctor to prescribe it and he did, he made his own decision.

Squad, sounds like you believe steroids are to blame.  I don't believe they are even if he had them in him.
Most are all show no go!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 12:54:55 PM »
I don't blame steroids, no matter what he was on.

I wouldn't blame cocaine if some cokehead ran me over on the road.  I'd blame the prick behind the wheel.
I wouldn't blame sugar if some idiot snorted 50 pixie sticks and ran me over.  I'd blame the prick behind the wheel.

Bottom line is, the person chooses to abuse anything.  So the person is to blame. 

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • myspace.com/babyhercules1914
Re: Arrested! Chris Benoit's doctor Dr. Phil Astin
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 02:23:03 PM »
I saw this story here on the news days ago when they raided the dr's home and office over in Carrollton. They aren't just looking at steroids. This guy apparently has a history of illegally selling various drugs to people. They are investigating to see if Benoit may have something else in his system which "may" have contributed to his actions.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 02:25:51 PM »

it's your dads fault you suck 47 cocks every friday at the local glory hole
$

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 02:26:10 PM »

Amen. Since the "killer" is dead they have to go after someone.  ::)

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 02:30:10 PM »
The has mental problems that is y killed himself and his family, maybe they should look at that first

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 02:46:03 PM »
Another upstanding medical "professional".  What a piece of trash.  I say send to him to jail for 30 years, he's the one who is guilty...haha  Benoit was a mere victim of the system and "roid rage".  ahah
Roid rage, the most overplayed card by the media. 
N

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 02:49:06 PM »
Squad, sounds like you believe steroids are to blame.  I don't believe they are even if he had them in him.
no steroids aren't to blame, he's to blame.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2007, 02:58:25 PM »
I would have to say that he had developed a state of depression that he was not able to overcome.  Most people don't realize that Painkillers are as addicting as heroin.  If he was on Oxycodone for an extended period of time, it is likely that at some point he was going to hurt someone or himself (which proved to be true).  Speaking from personal experience after my backsurgery I had a Oxycodone addiction that snuck up on me.  It completely took over my thoughts.  I sought help when my script was out and I went to get a refill and the dick said that I'd have to wait two days because I had used them all prior to the 30 days alloted.  I thought that I was going to put him through a wall and fortunately my wife was with me to keep me under control.  Scary stuff.  It'll grab you by the balls before you know and then you're screwed.

As far as saying the depression from coming of roids, or the rage from being on roids....that's bs.  Not even comparible to an opiate withdrawl.  Like comparing table tennis to real tennis.

Arresting the doctor?  Is that really going to solve anything?  It's quite possible that he would have gone through those med's within a year.  Sounds like a scapegoat was needed.
\

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 03:41:26 PM »
they found a 12 pack of miller lite in his fridge, are they going to get sued?

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 03:45:18 PM »
240 is back, very good analysis, I agree whole heartdly with you,
TEAM Nasser

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 03:50:33 PM »
240 is back, very good analysis, I agree whole heartdly with you,

thanks.

Everyone should note this - in a world full of limited resources, every time someone ends themself with a vice they know is a killer, they leave their share of resources for the rest of us to split.  On a macro level, if a million kids took up skydiving on speed tomorrow, and many of them checked out, you and I would live in a nation with lower food, gas, and home prices.  Our social security would last longer.  We'd have to wait less time for healthcare.

If everyone lived to be 100, the nation would be a much less fun place.  Lots of people doing nothing but living on the govt tit for 40+ years.  So if a small % choose to end themselves early to enjoy things they feel good to them, so be it.  Live and let live!