Author Topic: Where Are They Now - Tom Prince  (Read 43721 times)

falco

• Getbig V
Re: Where Are They Now - Tom Prince
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2019, 05:38:52 AM »
On point analysis. I remember writing back and forth with Casey Viator. He argued he was in great health because all his blood tests came back great. He died a short couple of years later.

I don't know why bodybuilders rationalize their health problems away as genetic. You take four or five drugs from questionable sources then argue it has nothing to do with any health problems.

Going back to O'Hearn it's true. The guy is never out of shape. He will fluctuate slightly but dam it's decade after decade. If he uses it's really low dose because he is always in shape. Imagine him using what the other guys use? These pro superstars look like absolute crap once they go completely clean and not taking low doses off cycle. The list is long of how they look like shit.  That's why this "sport" is just bull shit. It's a sport based on drugs. No drugs equals no sport. No one is going to pay money in Vegas to see a cut up natural 170lbs on stage. Fans of drugs like to think all sports are based on drug use and that is not true.  

Glad Prince is living a good life financially due to his wife. According to the National Kidney Foundation the life expectancy is 5-10 years for dialysis with a few exceptions. I wish him the best.

You mean he allows to be photographed only when he is on shape?

willl

• Getbig III
« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2019, 05:40:52 AM »
What exactly is “true trt” these days

Many are using 300 mg and up and consider that to be trt ::)

my own definition of true TRT is whatever individual dosage which doesn't suppress one's own endocrine axis

this dosage is different from person to person

by definition, Test Replacement should do just that, replacing the individual's own T production to where it should be.
physiological ranges for normal sedentary adults can be looked up online and vary slightly

This is the physical part.

Now comes the well-being part: for adults who wish to increase their appetite, libido, energy levels and enhance recuperation from activities, a broader TRT approach can be used, one that surpasses physiologic range and prevents the majority of side effects linked to supraphysiologic dosages.

For a young adult it is perfectly possible to get maximal range physiologic T levels without having to add TRT, provided they take good care of themselves in every way possible.  :)

What I think is, you gotta be efficient in what you do.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2019, 07:34:51 AM »
You mean he allows to be photographed only when he is on shape?

If he was truly natural he would never have looked like this

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2019, 06:29:56 PM »

Using whatever amount that gets you within normal reference range. On my blood test anything over 1000 ng/ml is flagged as high.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2019, 06:39:30 PM »

Surprised he was out in public shirtless like that considering how conscious he is of his image. Don't get me wrong. I think he looks great there. Healthy and strong. Just not hard core bber look.

That gets back to what I've said before that nowadays, since the secret is out, people just aren't impressed with bbers anymore. They see these jacket up mutants and just think steroids. You look at this "off cycle" pic of Hearn and you see a healthy in shape guy.

ponal

• Getbig III
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2019, 08:53:08 AM »
Surprised he was out in public shirtless like that considering how conscious he is of his image. Don't get me wrong. I think he looks great there. Healthy and strong. Just not hard core bber look.

That gets back to what I've said before that nowadays, since the secret is out, people just aren't impressed with bbers anymore. They see these jacket up mutants and just think steroids. You look at this "off cycle" pic of Hearn and you see a healthy in shape guy.
you look better?

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2019, 10:25:43 AM »
Who is that?

IFBB Pro Beau Baisden.  Wannabepro brought him to my attention originally then I recognised him from the study Walter posted a while back.  Those threads pop up easily if you search his surname

I'm sure it's coincidental but shortly after I began an update thread on the girlfriend-transplant situation his previously public IG and Facebook went private - but not deactivated or switched to memorial mode - so I'm guessing his carne do Brasil is still doing its job...

Edit:  I was wrong or he's decided to go public in the last few days (thanks Walter https://www.instagram.com/beauifbbpro/?hl=en)

I'm starting to think Beau is a GetBig lurker who wanted to prove his new kidney was standing up to his 'lifestyle' so changed his IG settings...

T

MarkyStevo

• Getbig II
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2019, 10:41:39 AM »
Why does he look so old? Damn, that's crazy dude.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2019, 10:43:48 AM »

Walt, I read that study last time you posted it and found the evidentiary links to be strong (as a layman, granted)  I'm not sure what people think of the Anabolic Doc YouTube channel, but I found his stuff on kidneys also very interesting.  For me, if a heavy juicer develops FSGS hen to ignore the additional risk factors that come with aspects of the lifestyle seems naive at best...

Bigorexia is a problem, for sure.  But in the interview (which by the way was great thanks Shawn) I think Prince made an even more import point - you don't want feel your kidneys failing.  So people keep pushing right to the edge of the cliff without knowing how perilous a position they are in...

I read that you don't always know your kidneys are failing until they're in very rough shape. This is why regular lab work is a must for anyone putting chemicals in their system.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2019, 10:57:39 AM »

True TRT is when you need it to keep your testosterone levels within a normal range. One problem is that current thinking reduces what is considered normal test levels as you age.

Men in the highest quartile of total testosterone (above 550 ng/dL) had a 30% lower risk of cardiovascular events. Any level of total testosterone below 550 ng/dL resulted in significant increased risk, thus helping to establish a minimal baseline as to where total testosterone should be to guard against heart attack or stroke.

https://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2012/6/testosterone-controversy

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2019, 12:20:46 AM »
you look better?

I look better than you. That's the reason you stay hidden behind a keyboard on a bbing board.

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2019, 07:00:44 AM »
True TRT is when you need it to keep your testosterone levels within a normal range. One problem is that current thinking reduces what is considered normal test levels as you age.

Men in the highest quartile of total testosterone (above 550 ng/dL) had a 30% lower risk of cardiovascular events. Any level of total testosterone below 550 ng/dL resulted in significant increased risk, thus helping to establish a minimal baseline as to where total testosterone should be to guard against heart attack or stroke.

Of course, these guys are in the business of selling TRT treatments. Wonder if confounding factors are at play here.

Those on TRT are usually from higher income brackets and more attentive to matters of health ,like regular medical check-ups, good diet and nutrition and keeping up a consistent exercise regimen.

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #137 on: November 15, 2019, 07:07:57 AM »

gaypridephotos
Follow
Gay Pride Los Angeles 2008
Actor/model/bodybuilder Mike O'Hearn -- aka Titan of "American Gladiators" fame -- promoting NBC Universal Television.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8830768@N06/2566902650/in/photostream/

Another photo ,from the same event. Good shape,but not bodybuilding size and conditioning.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2019, 07:08:54 AM »

And the ranges have changed for the worse over the years.

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2019, 09:27:44 AM »
You won't get kidney failure from HRT doses. You people are really getting stupid.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2019, 02:31:06 PM »
You won't get kidney failure from HRT doses. You people are really getting stupid.

But “trt” dosages these days are 500 mg to 1 gram a wk to some.... The minimum

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2019, 03:10:40 PM »

Overkill.

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2019, 05:40:01 PM »

No,they're not really....maybe for self-prescribed lunatics.

Nothing above 250 can be called TRT.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: November 15, 2019, 08:03:21 PM »

Coming from someone who has been on TRT for the last decade or so, I could not agree more with what you posted.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2019, 09:28:40 PM »

No. Why do you say something like this? Why would a doctor risk his career prescribing a dose that would put you thousands of ng/ml over the reference range?

"The minimum."

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2019, 11:51:09 PM »
gaypridephotos
Follow
Actor/model/bodybuilder Mike O'Hearn -- aka Titan of "American Gladiators" fame -- promoting NBC Universal Television.

Another photo ,from the same event. Good shape,but not bodybuilding size and conditioning.

huge difference in look of his muscles and overall size . . !

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2019, 04:34:33 AM »
gaypridephotos
Follow

He looks good there.  No homo.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2019, 07:28:08 AM »

I’ll go even further and say nothing above 160-180mg should be called TRT. Everything should be depending on the labs, but even with a really high SHBG binding up your free test, a 160mg/week dose should get you over that and put your free test in a nice, high end of the range if not more. 200mg/week plus anastrozole is the standard cookie cutter plan of the legal steroid clinics not basing any of their protocol on labs. Most using a protocol like that will run into elevated red blood cell count or hematocrit levels AKA thick blood.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2019, 07:35:15 AM »
you look better?

pellius is vastly leaner.

ponal

• Getbig III
« Reply #149 on: November 16, 2019, 08:06:18 AM »
pellius is vastly leaner.