Author Topic: African Americans And Language!  (Read 4230 times)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: African Americans And Language!
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2017, 01:55:13 PM »
BUT DON'T FORGET!

WITHOUT THE BLACK SPEECH, Getbig would NEVER have had the "DAT DERE CELLTECH!"-meme!

So we have Ronnie et al alot to thank for!

DAT DERE
Q

Elvis_McCartney

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2017, 02:08:47 PM »
Big difference between uneducated and making up a language. I have seen black college graduates use "finna" and "finda".  This is a serious question because it is really happening. Its like jargon that they only understand but is being picked up by high school students that are around them every day.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, but what she was saying was true.  Plus I think some alcohol had a little something to do with the slurred words.  I couldn't understand one word from the guy from Spain.  He talked just like that fellow from King Of The Hill, Boomhauer.  Great show BTW.

As far as the Blacks coining new words.  Well, it's called Ebonics.  So when they butcher English they can say they have their own language.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2017, 08:18:45 PM »
I own a house in Rodanthe. I rent it out and have it to myself for about two months out of the year. I have never heard anyone talk like that there. I buy my fish when the fisherman come back in and as rude as they may be, never speak like that, lol.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spent my summers on the Outer Banks as a kid. Buxton, Salvo, Hatteras. Gorgeous place.
a

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2017, 08:32:59 PM »
Ah, but what she was saying was true.  Plus I think some alcohol had a little something to do with the slurred words.  I couldn't understand one word from the guy from Spain.  He talked just like that fellow from King Of The Hill, Boomhauer.  Great show BTW.

As far as the Blacks coining new words.  Well, it's called Ebonics.  So when they butcher English they can say they have their own language.
finna isnt ebonics