Author Topic: Over 45 training  (Read 416072 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Over 45 training
« Reply #1425 on: March 04, 2016, 02:35:55 PM »
DELTS/BI'S FORARMS ...HOME WORKOUT..

SIDE RAISES 15/20 DB ...30/30/30 10-12 REPS
UNDERHANDED CURL BAR FR RAISES X3
DB PRESS'THESE SUCKED 'BECAUSE I STILL AM DOING PALMS IN TO PRESS AND COULD ONLY DO 30 LBERS  :-\ GETTING THEM OFF MY SHOULDER.I TRIED 45'S COULD NOT BUDGE L/S OFF SHOULDER :P..I DID 15 REPS SLOW TO BURN THEM THO...X3
SEATED REAR LATERALS 30 LB DBS X4
WIDE CABLE UPRIGHT ROWS HITS SIDE DELTS TOO X4

BI'S
SUPESET CABLE CURLS WITH HAMMERS X4
SEATED CONCENTRATION CURLS X3
DB CURLS ALT ARM REPS WITH  DROP X3 45 TO 30'S

REVERSE CURLS AND WRIST CURLS FOR FOREARMS

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1426 on: March 04, 2016, 08:04:11 PM »
Back and chest:

Power cleans and jerks 3 x 3  160lbs 1 x 1 175lbs ( I know it's light. It's all my shoulder can take.)
Pull ups 3 x max
Seated lat row with V handle 2 x 12 170lbs
Dumbbell row off bench 2 x 10 80lbs (all the way down and all the way up)
Reverse grip pulldowns 2 x 10

Dumbbell bench press 2 x 8 75lbs (all the way down and up)
Hammer strength bench 2 x 8
Incline fly 2 x 10
Machine fly 3 x 10
Push ups 1 x max

stiff leg dead 2 x 6 195lbs
Weighted hypers 2 x 15 25lbs plate behind head

Ab coaster 2 x 26 40lbs
Seated machine crunch 2 x 15

Gym Observations:

My gym friend told me how he hurt his back a couple of days ago. I feel for him having my share of problems.  He said it hurt to stand but he wanted to do some light cardio.

Even though it snowed about 5 inches the gym was crowded.

Think I over did it this week training. Leaning out too quickly and I'm having trouble sleeping. Might just take the weekend off. Going to see how I feel with just a Saturday off.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1427 on: March 05, 2016, 06:17:05 AM »
Back and chest:

Power cleans and jerks 3 x 3  160lbs 1 x 1 175lbs ( I know it's light. It's all my shoulder can take.)
Pull ups 3 x max
Seated lat row with V handle 2 x 12 170lbs
Dumbbell row off bench 2 x 10 80lbs (all the way down and all the way up)
Reverse grip pulldowns 2 x 10

Dumbbell bench press 2 x 8 75lbs (all the way down and up)
Hammer strength bench 2 x 8
Incline fly 2 x 10
Machine fly 3 x 10
Push ups 1 x max

stiff leg dead 2 x 6 195lbs
Weighted hypers 2 x 15 25lbs plate behind head

Ab coaster 2 x 26 40lbs
Seated machine crunch 2 x 15

Gym Observations:

My gym friend told me how he hurt his back a couple of days ago. I feel for him having my share of problems.  He said it hurt to stand but he wanted to do some light cardio.

Even though it snowed about 5 inches the gym was crowded.

Think I over did it this week training. Leaning out too quickly and I'm having trouble sleeping. Might just take the weekend off. Going to see how I feel with just a Saturday off.

yes a couple of Days off and good food will put you right. Visit Stevo for a real Italian meal... :) Today itīs a wet rainy Day here. Not really cold so i might just brave the elements later Tonight and go for an easy run.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1428 on: March 05, 2016, 07:14:49 AM »
yes a couple of Days off and good food will put you right. Visit Stevo for a real Italian meal... :) Today itīs a wet rainy Day here. Not really cold so i might just brave the elements later Tonight and go for an easy run.

My wife is Italian.   :)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1429 on: March 05, 2016, 07:18:39 AM »
My wife is Italian.   :)
Oh ...OK  :) good taste. Women and food...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1430 on: March 06, 2016, 10:29:49 AM »
Oh ...OK  :) good taste. Women and food...

Worked legs at home again. Measured my quads before and after the workout. I pump I felt was real. My quads were an inch larger. Sadly that's only a temporary gain. My legs feel good today.

I have a busy week this week, with something going on almost everyday. It is going to be challenging for me to get to the gym. I am going to make every effort to do so because us old guys might lose what we've gained and there is less time to get it back.  ;D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1431 on: March 07, 2016, 07:20:38 AM »
Worked legs at home again. Measured my quads before and after the workout. I pump I felt was real. My quads were an inch larger. Sadly that's only a temporary gain. My legs feel good today.

I have a busy week this week, with something going on almost everyday. It is going to be challenging for me to get to the gym. I am going to make every effort to do so because us old guys might lose what we've gained and there is less time to get it back.  ;D
I think itīs great that you are so active every day. I see a lot of older people in the woods when i run going Nordic walking. Good for them to still be active and not sitting at Home looking out a window. You are very active Jay. More than some half your age.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1432 on: March 07, 2016, 07:39:10 AM »
LEG DAY ;D :P 8)...

LEG PRESS WARMUP 3 PLATES X15,,,5 PLATES X12,6X10,7X0,8X6 BRUTAL
V SQUAT HAMMER 3,4,5 PLATES SIDE 'THESE ARE FUN 'NICE SMOOTH MACHINE
LUNGES WALKING KETLLES LUNGES 45 LBERS X2
EXTENSIONS SETS OF 12 220/235/250

HAMS
SINGLE LEG CURLS 80/90/100 SETS OF 10 ..80 IS LIGHT 100 GETS HEAVY LIKE A MOFO..
I WAS DARING SLDL 2ND EXERCISE 185/225/235

CALVES
5 SETS CALF RAISES ON LEG PRESS WENT LIGHT WITH REPS START SET PROGRESSED TO LAST 2 SETS HEAVY 10 REPS SETS

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #1433 on: March 07, 2016, 09:46:43 AM »
DELTS/BI'S FORARMS ...HOME WORKOUT..

SIDE RAISES 15/20 DB ...30/30/30 10-12 REPS
UNDERHANDED CURL BAR FR RAISES X3
DB PRESS'THESE SUCKED 'BECAUSE I STILL AM DOING PALMS IN TO PRESS AND COULD ONLY DO 30 LBERS  :-\ GETTING THEM OFF MY SHOULDER.I TRIED 45'S COULD NOT BUDGE L/S OFF SHOULDER :P..I DID 15 REPS SLOW TO BURN THEM THO...X3
SEATED REAR LATERALS 30 LB DBS X4
WIDE CABLE UPRIGHT ROWS HITS SIDE DELTS TOO X4

BI'S
SUPESET CABLE CURLS WITH HAMMERS X4
SEATED CONCENTRATION CURLS X3
DB CURLS ALT ARM REPS WITH  DROP X3 45 TO 30'S

REVERSE CURLS AND WRIST CURLS FOR FOREARMS

Shoulder still that bad, eh?  :-\

It looks like you worked around it fairly well because your recent pics look on-par.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1434 on: March 07, 2016, 09:55:06 AM »
Shoulder still that bad, eh?  :-\

It looks like you worked around it fairly well because your recent pics look on-par.
thanks man...yeah I have worked around it well to be honest.i can front press ok with almost usual rom.i do the seated shoulder press with a stack weight on it,i can do the inner grip palms facing version .when you do dbells you start square one on your shoulder that's tough for me barbell you start at top position im good there...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1435 on: March 07, 2016, 04:31:29 PM »
Leg day:

Dumbbell squat 2 x 12 80lbs dumbbells. (Completely bent my legs with a fairly straight back holding the dumbbells at my sides. Could not go any deeper.)
Leg press 2 x 12 4 plates a side (went deep)
leg extension 3 x 12
standing leg curls 2 x 12

standing calf raise 2 x 12
seated calf 2 x 15 90lbs

4 way neck 2 sets of 15

ab coaster 2 x 27 40lbs.
seated ab crunch machine 2 x 15

Gym Observations:

Damn I have zero calf development.  

Saw another built young guy using moderate weights and quick sets.  Maybe the universe is telling me to use moderate weights. An example of his chest workout. Started with decline dumbbell presses. He did about 4 quick sets with about 60lbs. His arms were huge. He was using about 40lb for incline dumbbell flies.

A young tall thin brunette got on the treadmill and ran really fast for about 30 minutes. I was impressed.

I mentioned it before but it's a peeve of mine. Why is everyone doing partials?  I'll answer that. So they can handle heavy weights that they couldn't use without the cheat. An older guy take two 80lbs dumbbells for flat benching. He did sets of half  reps. I'm sure if you asked him he would delusionally say he was doing a full rep or that is the proper way to do a press to prevent injury is another excuse I have heard.

This is a typical hard core gym.  Everyone comes dressed to workout and no one changes in the locker room or uses the showers there.

This hard core gym does have those big inflated balls. The old people use it against a wall to do squats like the owner taught them.

The temperature is heating up in NJ. Tomorrow I will run outside for the first time in months due to nerve damage in my foot. The foot is good and tested on the treadmill. Time to run outside. I can't wait.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1436 on: March 07, 2016, 07:36:30 PM »
chest
seated chest press x4 135-165 ,,reps 10-12
inc press 135-155-165-135  same reps
inc flyes x3 30/35/40 slow and squeeze sets 10
cable crossovers x3
finished 2 sets decline pushups x15  1set bw 1 set with 25 lb plate on loer back

tris
overhead rope extensions x4 ..90-120
reverse underhanded pushdownsx4..90-120
dip machine x3..170/180/190
db lying extensions x2 ..20-30 db

all sets to 12

abs
treadmill

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1437 on: March 08, 2016, 12:20:16 PM »
Worked out at home. Since it was arm day and I don't have any equipment at home, I did a bunch of push-ups....5 sets of 20 regular push-ups, 3 sets of 20 standing push-outs off the bathroom vanity. I tried doing triceps by turning my back the the vanity and mimicking dips. It sort of worked. I'm hoping to make it to the gym sometime today to work hams, calves and abs. -just need to get some paperwork finished first.

I don't know if I mentioned this before but I also exercise my core muscles every morning except Sunday morning. Today I did side bends, 2 sets of 100. Yesterday I did crunches - 2 sets of 20 for each of three positions, front, left twist and right twist. I really get a burn from these.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1438 on: March 08, 2016, 06:11:39 PM »
Thinking about going back to my home gym. I trained mainly at home for decades. During the summer of 2015 and into 2016 I have trained at two commercial gyms almost exclusively.  

I was talking about the positives and negatives of home vs commercial training with my friend in the gym.  

1. At home I have spotting safety racks for benching, inclines, and squatting. In the commercial gym I use the power rack for squatting but I have to rely on others for a spot when benching.  Many don't have a clue how to spot and do stuff like wrapping their hands around the bar for every rep making it way too easy.

2. At home everything works with the function intended. If anything didn't I would get rid of it. At the gym as we all know it's fun to try different stuff but how many times have you tried some new machine or a bench to find it unuseable?

3. At home I have a quality power bar and a quality Olympic bar. In the commercial gyms the bars were horrible. Knurling that was barely existent and some with the sleeves so loose it appeared dangerous.

4. At the home gym there is never any waiting. I've have run into many professional machine sitters. They sit in the machines and just relax doing a non taxing set.  It really pisses me off when a guy sits in a machine for 15 minutes watching everyone else train.

5. I like all kinds of music. This hard core gym only plays rock from the 70's and a little rock for the other years. I don't like to lift with ear buds. At home I have satellite radio and a cd player.  I switch between dance, pop, motown 70s, 60's, 80's, 90's and current on a whim.

6. At the commercial gym I do feed off the energy of the gym.  At home I can sometimes rest too long between sets.  How can you dog it in a commercial gym when someone can be making gym observations on you and posting it on getbig?

7. Zero hot girls in my basement gym.  A matter of fact it's only me all the time.  

8. The treadmills are obviously superior in the commercial gym than my home unit but my display is light years clearer and better.  If you're a runner instead of a walker you can tell instantly the difference between a good treadmill and a commercial grade.

9. My heavy bag is leather and doesn't swing insanely like the cheap heavy bag this gym has. The commercial gym has the bottom third of the bag almost a solid rock. I pity the fool who hits it low. They will break their hand.

10. The commercial gym has an outstanding neck machine and at home I use an old fashion weight helmet. It works but it's so nice to have the use of that machine.

11. I am beginning to miss my home gym. Getting nostalgic for my old workout routines that I can do in my home gym. I think very soon I will go back home for awhile.  

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1439 on: March 08, 2016, 07:29:29 PM »
Thinking about going back to my home gym. I trained mainly at home for decades. During the summer of 2015 and into 2016 I have trained at two commercial gyms almost exclusively.  

I was talking about the positives and negatives of home vs commercial training with my friend in the gym.  

1. At home I have spotting safety racks for benching, inclines, and squatting. In the commercial gym I use the power rack for squatting but I have to rely on others for a spot when benching.  Many don't have a clue how to spot and do stuff like wrapping their hands around the bar for every rep making it way too easy.

2. At home everything works with the function intended. If anything didn't I would get rid of it. At the gym as we all know it's fun to try different stuff but how many times have you tried some new machine or a bench to find it unuseable?

3. At home I have a quality power bar and a quality Olympic bar. In the commercial gyms the bars were horrible. Knurling that was barely existent and some with the sleeves so loose it appeared dangerous.

4. At the home gym there is never any waiting. I've have run into many professional machine sitters. They sit in the machines and just relax doing a non taxing set.  It really pisses me off when a guy sits in a machine for 15 minutes watching everyone else train.

5. I like all kinds of music. This hard core gym only plays rock from the 70's and a little rock for the other years. I don't like to lift with ear buds. At home I have satellite radio and a cd player.  I switch between dance, pop, motown 70s, 60's, 80's, 90's and current on a whim.

6. At the commercial gym I do feed off the energy of the gym.  At home I can sometimes rest too long between sets.  How can you dog it in a commercial gym when someone can be making gym observations on you and posting it on getbig?

7. Zero hot girls in my basement gym.  A matter of fact it's only me all the time.  

8. The treadmills are obviously superior in the commercial gym than my home unit but my display is light years clearer and better.  If you're a runner instead of a walker you can tell instantly the difference between a good treadmill and a commercial grade.

9. My heavy bag is leather and doesn't swing insanely like the cheap heavy bag this gym has. The commercial gym has the bottom third of the bag almost a solid rock. I pity the fool who hits it low. They will break their hand.

10. The commercial gym has an outstanding neck machine and at home I use an old fashion weight helmet. It works but it's so nice to have the use of that machine.

11. I am beginning to miss my home gym. Getting nostalgic for my old workout routines that I can do in my home gym. I think very soon I will go back home for awhile.  
good read rich and observations...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1440 on: March 09, 2016, 09:25:36 AM »
delts and arms:

Press behind neck 3 x 6 120lbs (Light weight but it was all the way down to the traps. My shoulder is just shot.)
Dumbbell laterals 2 x 10 25lbs
Dumbbell rear laterals standing bent over 2 x 10 30lbs
Rear delt machine 2 x 10
delt lateral machine 2 x 10 70lbs

Barbell shrugs 2 x 10 255lbs

EZ barbell curls 2 x 10 90lbs
straight bar cable curls 3 x 12
machine scott curls 2 x 8 ( so weak on them from the previous exercises)

Weighted dips 2 x 10 25lbs ( no shallow dips. All the way down)
traditional tricep pushdowns 3 x 12
tricep machine 2 x 10

wrist curls 2 x 25 90lbs
reverse grip pulley curls with straight bar 2 x 12

Ab coaster 2 x 20 60lbs
ab crunch machine 2 x 15

Gym observations:

Two guys talked to each other by the dumbbells for at least 45 minutes. They didn't do one set.

More and more girls are working out here.  I don't get it but this place is suddenly popular. Maybe it's the 75 degree weather and the girls feel the pressure to get into shape for the summer.

Owner was pissed that someone left a 100lbs plate flat on the floor. They are really hard to lift up when flat with no where to grip it.

Sometimes I really feel my working out life would have been better spent if I never heard of lifting weights. Such things as body weight exercises, judo, and I would be healthy and in great shape without destroying my joints.

I know I did press behind the neck with a bad shoulder. I can hear the "what the fucks".  I did them for almost 40 years without a problem. Now that I don't do them anymore my shoulder is shot. Just wonder if controlled full range of motion press behind the necks will improve flexibility and strengthen my shoulder.  Anyway I'm using smooth controlled full range of motion with 120lbs. I might work up eventually if my experiment works to 135lbs pushed off the traps to full extension. I missed my younger days when I could use heavy weights but I do what I can do now.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1441 on: March 09, 2016, 09:35:11 AM »
delts and arms:

Press behind neck 3 x 6 120lbs (Light weight but it was all the way down to the traps. My shoulder is just shot.)
Dumbbell laterals 2 x 10 25lbs
Dumbbell rear laterals standing bent over 2 x 10 30lbs
Rear delt machine 2 x 10
delt lateral machine 2 x 10 70lbs

Barbell shrugs 2 x 10 255lbs

EZ barbell curls 2 x 10 90lbs
straight bar cable curls 3 x 12
machine scott curls 2 x 8 ( so weak on them from the previous exercises)

Weighted dips 2 x 10 25lbs ( no shallow dips. All the way down)
traditional tricep pushdowns 3 x 12
tricep machine 2 x 10

wrist curls 2 x 25 90lbs
reverse grip pulley curls with straight bar 2 x 12

Ab coaster 2 x 20 60lbs
ab crunch machine 2 x 15

Gym observations:

Two guys talked to each other by the dumbbells for at least 45 minutes. They didn't do one set.

More and more girls are working out here.  I don't get it but this place is suddenly popular. Maybe it's the 75 degree weather and the girls feel the pressure to get into shape for the summer.

Owner was pissed that someone left a 100lbs plate flat on the floor. They are really hard to lift up when flat with no where to grip it.

Sometimes I really feel my working out life would have been better spent if I never heard of lifting weights. Such things as body weight exercises, judo, and I would be healthy and in great shape without destroying my joints.

I know I did press behind the neck with a bad shoulder. I can hear the "what the fucks".  I did them for almost 40 years without a problem. Now that I don't do them anymore my shoulder is shot. Just wonder if controlled full range of motion press behind the necks will improve flexibility and strengthen my shoulder.  Anyway I'm using smooth controlled full range of motion with 120lbs. I might work up eventually if my experiment works to 135lbs pushed off the traps to full extension. I missed my younger days when I could use heavy weights but I do what I can do now.

RICH there is nothing to be ashamed of with 120 lb presses you can still pump the delts just as good with slow tempo or more reps ,delts to me respond better to reps more than weight to me at least,yeah 185/225 behind the neck press looks impressive around the other guys/kids at the gym ,but sometimes you can't have it all...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1442 on: March 09, 2016, 04:28:28 PM »
Whenever I see a guy using 225lbs in the press behind the neck they are using the smith machine and only going half way down. I understand what you are saying. I really believe we would all be better bodybuilders if we left the ego at the door and trained the muscle instead of the ego.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1443 on: March 09, 2016, 06:33:43 PM »

From what you say, you have a well equipped home gym. If you don't need the inspiration of seeing other people working out around you, you probably don't need to spend time and money on a gym membership. Having said this, why not use both? When you get tired of working out at home, hit the gym and vice versa.

Presently, I am working out at home because going to the gym is temporarily less convenient. I have literally no equipment and no where to put it if I had it. This limits me to body weight exercises. It has surprised me how much I am getting out of them. Of course I am doing high reps since high resistance isn't possible. My jeans actually fit tighter in the thigh and I did not shrink them in the drier. LOL! At the conclusion of my workout, I feel pumped. The next day I am pleasantly sore. I might add some dumbbells for added movements since I'd only need a couple of sizes and they don't take up a lot of room.

I say do whatever you need to, to keep your workouts interesting and fresh. I don't need or want to get big anymore. I just want to stay in shape and this seems to be working out pretty well for me lately.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1444 on: March 09, 2016, 06:39:51 PM »
RICH there is nothing to be ashamed of with 120 lb presses you can still pump the delts just as good with slow tempo or more reps ,delts to me respond better to reps more than weight to me at least,yeah 185/225 behind the neck press looks impressive around the other guys/kids at the gym ,but sometimes you can't have it all...

High reps and lower resistance must work well for a lot of folks. I've noticed that the people with the biggest and most defined delts at the gym employ this methodology. I personally know that a shoulder injury, no matter how minor, really sets one back and is slow to recover. I believe in working my joints enough to ward off bone loss and arthritis, but not so much that I mess them up.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1445 on: March 10, 2016, 04:15:22 AM »
From what you say, you have a well equipped home gym. If you don't need the inspiration of seeing other people working out around you, you probably don't need to spend time and money on a gym membership. Having said this, why not use both? When you get tired of working out at home, hit the gym and vice versa.

Presently, I am working out at home because going to the gym is temporarily less convenient. I have literally no equipment and no where to put it if I had it. This limits me to body weight exercises. It has surprised me how much I am getting out of them. Of course I am doing high reps since high resistance isn't possible. My jeans actually fit tighter in the thigh and I did not shrink them in the drier. LOL! At the conclusion of my workout, I feel pumped. The next day I am pleasantly sore. I might add some dumbbells for added movements since I'd only need a couple of sizes and they don't take up a lot of room.

I say do whatever you need to, to keep your workouts interesting and fresh. I don't need or want to get big anymore. I just want to stay in shape and this seems to be working out pretty well for me lately.

A home gym doesn't have to be elaborate like the one I have. You can do so much on a very small foot print of a gym. Look at power blocks and their bench with attachments.  Also look at IronMaster dumbbells and their super bench with attachments. Just using dumbbells you can have a really great home work out. You can do something like this two or three times a week.

Dumbbell squats 2 x 10 (dumbbells held at sides and really sink it but don't bend over and deadlift it. Back straight.
Dumbbell lunges 2 x10
Stiff leg deadlifts 2 x10

pull ups 2 x max
Dumbbell row with knee on bench 2 x 10

dumbbell bench 2 x 8
incline dumbbell bench 2 x 8

dumbbell shoulder press 2 x 8
dumbbell delt laterals 2x 10

alternate bicep curl 2 x 8

two arm  dumbbell tricep extension 2 x 8

dumbbell one leg calf raise 2 x 15

ab and neck

Of course there are many other exercises and if you get the attachments from Ironmaster there are a lot more exercises. You can have a really good home gym and store everything in the space of a love seat couch.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1446 on: March 10, 2016, 05:29:12 AM »
A home gym doesn't have to be elaborate like the one I have. You can do so much on a very small foot print of a gym. Look at power blocks and their bench with attachments.  Also look at IronMaster dumbbells and their super bench with attachments. Just using dumbbells you can have a really great home work out. You can do something like this two or three times a week.

Dumbbell squats 2 x 10 (dumbbells held at sides and really sink it but don't bend over and deadlift it. Back straight.
Dumbbell lunges 2 x10

pull ups 2 x max

dumbbell bench 2 x 8

two arm  dumbbell tricep extension 2 x 8

ab and neck

Of course there are many other exercises and if you get the attachments from Ironmaster there are a lot more exercises. You can have a really good home gym and store everything in the space of a love seat couch.

yep.i don't have a great bench it adjusts but its rickety slightly so I put dunbell on rear bottom base when I incline or shoulder press.i have dumbells 15/20/30/45/50/60..need in between ones and then 70-100's trying to locate online 'used'.I HAVE A MULTI FUNCTIONAL STACK MACHINE THAT DOES EVERYTHING...and have push up 'perfect pushup'handles.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1447 on: March 10, 2016, 12:49:26 PM »
BACK .TRAPS/ABS AT HOME

FRONT PULLDOWNS X4 SUPERSETTED WITH DB PULLOVERS
SINGLE ARM LOW CABLE ROWS X4
STANDING UPPER BACK ROW X4
SINGLE ARM UNDERHANDED PULLDOWNS X3

TRAPS
DB SHRUG X3
CABLE TO FRONT X3
BEHIND BACK REAR CABLE X3

ABS
120 REPS SETS OF FLOOR CRUNCHES LEGS ON BENCH AND DECLINE BENCH SUPPORTED LEG RAISES

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1448 on: March 10, 2016, 02:11:09 PM »
A home gym doesn't have to be elaborate like the one I have. You can do so much on a very small foot print of a gym. Look at power blocks and their bench with attachments.  Also look at IronMaster dumbbells and their super bench with attachments. Just using dumbbells you can have a really great home work out. You can do something like this two or three times a week.

Dumbbell lunges 2 x10

pull ups 2 x max

dumbbell bench 2 x 8

two arm  dumbbell tricep extension 2 x 8

ab and neck

Thanks for the information about using dumbbells at home for various exercises. Pull-ups might be a challenge since the only parts of this house that has vaulted ceilings is the living room and all of the second floor, which is my daughter and son-in-law's private space. I could do them with bent legs, but when I've tried that, it throws me off (seems uncomfortable).

Last night I worked legs for the second time this week. -Forgot to measure them before I started the workout, so I couldn't determine how good a pump I got by the difference in size other than a visual and visuals lie to me sometimes. For example, I thought I was fairly handsome because my wife always told me I was. When I see a photo of myself, it is a rude awakening!  :(

I just checked out the Iron Master website. The equipment looks great. However, it is much more than I need or want at home. Most of the time, I go to the gym to workout anyway. Annual membership dues for me are $220. At this rate, it would take decades to save enough on dues costs to cover the expense of having a comprehensive Iron Master set-up even if I had a place to put it, which I do not. Additionally, if I wanted to use the Silver Sneakers program through my medical insurance, I would pay $0 in membership dues. Many gyms have the Silver Sneakers program. I could go to a lot of different gyms with this at no cost to me.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1449 on: March 10, 2016, 04:15:42 PM »
Back and chest:No warm ups listed.

Power cleans and jerks 3 x 3 165lbs then 1 x 1 180lbs.
Pull ups 2 x max (all the way up and all the way down)
Low cable row 2 x 12 170lbs
Dumbbell row off bench 2 x 10 85lbs (all the way down and up)
Reverse Pulldown 2 x 10

Bench press 2 x 6 (I won't post the weight. Just sad with my bad shoulder)
Incline bench 2 x 6
flies 2 x 48lb
Push ups 20-15

Stiff dead 2 x 6 205lb
Weighted hyper extensions 2x15 25lbs.

Weighted floor crunches 1 x 50 5lbs.

Gym Observations:

Just exhausted after this workout. Gym was empty. Then again it was my own basement gym.