Author Topic: 2013 Aston Martin Vanquish  (Read 6430 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: 2013 Aston Martin Vanquish
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2012, 09:15:28 AM »
Yeah, back when Ford had Aston and Jaguar, the underpinings for the XK8 and the DB7 were based on the XJS. The DB7 used an inline 6. When the V12 Vanquish (or Vantage, I get them confused) came along in concept form. Ford had created a V12 by putting two Duratech V6s together. Which means that it was limited in terms of what they could do with it. Ford was producing some concept vehicles with the V12 in it, like the Indigo (Remember Need For Speed?).

The thing is the duratec engines are mazda based engines..

There's quite a cross over between all these brands. The noble? It had a v6 with built internals and twin turbos producing what was it around 600+ bhp. It's a sick engine for sure.

I remember the indigo lol.. that was the best car in nfs2 :) It was really sexy too! Alongside the GT90! I can't believe Ford never went ahead with producing that beast!

I wonder who the lucky owner is today.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2012, 09:38:05 AM »

My favorite supercar from back in the day....

THE FORD GT (ALL AMERICAN MUSCLE BABY!)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2012, 10:59:40 AM »
Men who know everything about the latest super cars but don't own any, are like virgins talking all day about what they would do to a vagina.
Well, this would disagree with you...
[/youtube]

I've come across some dudes who have encyclopedic-like knowledge of cars, and what they did was have careers so that they could afford the Lambos, Ferraris, Porsches, etc.
And some work on their own old cars.

You go to many of the forums, you have reg guys who  are enthusiasts who race, or just into "stance", etc.

Remember, this is a bodybuilding board, and no one on here looks even close to Ronnie, Dorian, Flex, Phil, etc...but, we like talking about them, and know more than the general public about them.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2012, 11:12:31 AM »

Remember, this is a bodybuilding board, and no one on here looks even close to Ronnie, Dorian, Flex, Phil, etc...but, we like talking about them, and know more than the general public about them.

TRUTH  ;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2012, 11:24:01 AM »

Actually, most posters here love to claim that they are not BB fans and "don't really follow the sport."  They only come to getbig for "entertainment." Even hard core BB fans are too embarrassed to admit they follow this sport.

As for these hot rod cars... Most are like roller coasters: fun for a short thrill ride but not something you want to ride in every day.  At least that has been my experience with them.  8)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2012, 11:32:08 AM »
Actually, most posters here love to claim that they are not BB fans and "don't really follow the sport."  They only come to getbig for "entertainment." Even hard core BB fans are too embarrassed to admit they follow this sport.

As for these hot rod cars... Most are like roller coasters: fun for a short thrill ride but not something you want to ride in every day.  At least that has been my experience with them.  8)
True on both accounts.
And there is a reason why many exotics have multiple owners (who only keep the car for a yr or two) and shady pasts---they depreciate like rocks, are fragile, yet the maintenance stays the same or rises.
And who wants to continually drive a car that scraps speed bumps, can't take the ride for a long haul, or luggage. I guess it's like finding out that there is no use in having 21 inch guns at 5'9, looks cool, but that's it.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2012, 11:40:56 AM »
True on both accounts.
And there is a reason why many exotics have multiple owners (who only keep the car for a yr or two) and shady pasts---they depreciate like rocks, are fragile, yet the maintenance stays the same or rises.
And who wants to continually drive a car that scraps speed bumps, can't take the ride for a long haul, or luggage. I guess it's like finding out that there is no use in having 21 inch guns at 5'9, looks cool, but that's it.

Touché!  Though I'd have more fun keeping a BB around than an exotic car! ;D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2012, 11:43:39 AM »
[/youtube]

I've come across some dudes who have encyclopedic-like knowledge of cars, and what they did was have careers so that they could afford the Lambos, Ferraris, Porsches, etc.
And some work on their own old cars.

You go to many of the forums, you have reg guys who  are enthusiasts who race, or just into "stance", etc.

Your point is moot Parker - he could afford to buy any car he wants.

Bigcyps point (I think), is that guys bench racing these supercars that they've never even rode in, let alone seen, is akin to a virgin talking about how great pussy feels. And I agree. Only caveat is if the person is somehow involved in the industry, there is an exception for them.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2012, 11:56:16 AM »
Your point is moot Parker - he could afford to buy any car he wants.

Bigcyps point (I think), is that guys bench racing these supercars that they've never even rode in, let alone seen, is akin to apply85 talking about how great pussy feels. And I agree. Only caveat is if the person is somehow involved in the industry, there is an exception for them.
Fixed

and yes, that is true as well.
I guess it's like Jay I think had mentioned in that vid about the price and that one could find other cars faster---but what he feels in that car. And when that car came out people who didn't have 375k to spend on the car were like, " If I had 375k, I wouldn't buy that, I'd buy this."
but, that's the point, you don't have 375k.

My point was that Jay used to be one of those guys fantasizing about certain cars when he was younger, so hecwould have fallen into the same category as the "guys who know all about the cars, but didn't have them"

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2012, 12:07:56 PM »
That's why I always see hoodrat NFL and MLB players in then.  Classy guys. ::)

el bukkake bispunko

are you so unable to formulate your own opinion

that you would just a car on such poor criteria
T

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2012, 12:09:02 PM »
Parker seems oblivious to the fact that BigCyp's point was mainly aimed at him.
from incomplete data

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2012, 12:38:38 PM »
Parker seems oblivious to the fact that BigCyp's point was mainly aimed at him.
No, I know who he may have been referring to. I could post more vids, but this is a bbing board.
As I could post more on a myriad of diff things that I'm interested in, but they have no place here.
Keep in mind, I didn't start the thread.
One of the main things I keep harping on, is design and aesthetics, this being a bbing board, people should appreciate the aesthetics that the designers of said cars bring to the table. Sometimes it's not all about the "numbers", but how it looks--- (Bber vs PL, anyone?)

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2012, 12:47:26 PM »
Cars are great and all, but....

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2012, 01:10:34 PM »
The thing is the duratec engines are mazda based engines..

There's quite a cross over between all these brands. The noble? It had a v6 with built internals and twin turbos producing what was it around 600+ bhp. It's a sick engine for sure.

I remember the indigo lol.. that was the best car in nfs2 :) It was really sexy too! Alongside the GT90! I can't believe Ford never went ahead with producing that beast!

I wonder who the lucky owner is today.

Dumb. Dumbest looking car, almost like the Japanese trying to imitate Americana which they are so horrible at. Looks like an uglier Veyron which is already hideous.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2012, 01:16:46 PM »
Americans are not good at anything that requires class, such as designing a classy looking super car.

Both Fords look like boats. Same with Mustang or whatever that homo car is called.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2012, 01:46:20 PM »
Cars are great and all, but....

x2.  Muscle car or muscle man? 

I'll take the muscle man!   :P

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2012, 01:52:07 PM »
x2.  Muscle car or muscle man? 

I'll take the muscle man!   :P

It's a good feeling knowing you always have my back  ;D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2012, 02:06:22 PM »
Fun to look at, but not a car I would want to own or drive every day. :(
didn't know Apple made cars?