Author Topic: 17 year old wont get out of car. Gets tasered and peppered spray  (Read 27113 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Starts at 1:15. Kid is now being charged with assault and battery and resisting arrest.

X

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
Re: 17 year old wont get out of car. Gets tasered and peppered spray
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 04:34:16 AM »
Starts at 1:15. Kid is now being charged with assault and battery and resisting arrest.

Just another example of idiots making a huge unnecesary fuzz out of an otherwise routine stop.
Yes, you have rights, doesn't mean you have to be a dick about it and prevent others from doing their job.

-edit- The crybaby makes for hilarious entertainment.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 04:36:38 AM »
"Resisting arrest" is turning into the biggest cyclical pile of BS. In NYState, you can be brought up on charges of "resisting arrest". What were you being arrested for that you resisted, you may ask? Well, "resisting arrest", obviously.

So, in NY, you can be arrested for nothing and if you protest, then you're resisting arrest.

It's time for all freedom loving American's to move to states that believe in liberty and use their overwhelming numbers to forcibly change the government to libertine form and then secede from the Union. Do that a few times and then the secessionist states can form a loose association of states, say a "Confederacy of States" or something like that.

The revolution won't start in somebody's living room, it will start in some Statehouse.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 04:37:02 AM »
Why can't people just do what cops ask?

Is it dangerous to tase someone after getting sprayed? Can they catch on fire?
w

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 04:39:58 AM »
Most important part of the story. Why try to delete the video if you have nothing to hide?  ??? ???

After brutalizing her 17-year-old friend and taking them both into custody, the officers attempted to delete the footage. Luckily, the video went to a “recently deleted” file on her iPhone and was able to be recovered.
X

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 04:40:16 AM »
That kid is an idiot.

A whole generation of self-entitled little monsters we are raising in this country.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 04:40:48 AM »

What? You mean like is pepper spray flammable and do tasers produce sparks?

No and no.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 04:41:20 AM »
"Resisting arrest" is turning into the biggest cyclical pile of BS. In NYState, you can be brought up on charges of "resisting arrest". What were you being arrested for that you resisted, you may ask? Well, "resisting arrest", obviously.

So, in NY, you can be arrested for nothing and if you protest, then you're resisting arrest.

It's time for all freedom loving American's to move to states that believe in liberty and use their overwhelming numbers to forcibly change the government to libertine form and then secede from the Union. Do that a few times and then the secessionist states can form a loose association of states, say a "Confederacy of States" or something like that.

The revolution won't start in somebody's living room, it will start in some Statehouse.

You guys in NY cant even pay for private blood work or get TRT from clinics huh?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 04:41:27 AM »

haha, good question, gene.

Maybe just a little smoke. Nothing too serious to worry about.  

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 04:44:42 AM »
haha, good question, gene.

Maybe just a little smoke. Nothing too serious to worry about.  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 04:47:51 AM »
What? You mean like is pepper spray flammable and do tasers produce sparks?

No and no.

Excuse me, AJ, but I think this is a more appropriate question for Johnny Falcon to answer, since it deals with electricity (tasers).
X

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 04:51:37 AM »

Totally unnecessary.. I think they could have handled it better. I can understand why a lot of people here are anti cop.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 04:54:37 AM »

Despicable!

"1"

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 05:23:00 AM »
Can someone please explain how come the police will arrest a guy for smoking dope, but turn a blind eye to local production facilities?
Ψ

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2015, 05:24:23 AM »
Can someone please explain how come the police will arrest a guy for smoking dope, but turn a blind eye to local production facilities?
::)
Think long and hard about it...

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2015, 05:26:24 AM »
::)
Think long and hard about it...

Are you into this conspiracy theory crap too  ::)
Ψ

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2015, 05:33:20 AM »
Are you into this conspiracy theory crap too  ::)
you ask a very, very blanket question. A question that you believe to be true.
There is no simple answer. And it is complex...

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2015, 05:37:24 AM »
Despicable!

"1"

Have to side with the officers.  If you're pulled over and an officer smells marijuana, then he has a right to investigate.  If you refuse, then you are obstruction of justice.  Since he fought with the officers, that's resisting arrest and assault.

Being 17 doesn't matter....in fact, he can be easily tried as an adult and placed in an adult housing.  Truthfully, if they complied then it would have been just a ticket and sent on their way but they decided to argue with the cops and curse at them.  Never a great idea.

Hope he enjoyed the taser and pepper spray.  That will learn em....
A

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2015, 05:37:58 AM »
you ask a very, very blanket question. A question that you believe to be true.
There is no simple answer. And it is complex...

You saying the cops are paid by the manufacturers?  Meaning they work for them?
Ψ

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2015, 05:46:14 AM »
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015/04/10/virginia-police-investigate-video-of-teen-being-tased-claim-officer-tried-to-delete-footage/

Virginia Beach, Va. (CBS DC) — Virginia Beach Police say they’re investigating whether an officer’s use of force was excessive after a now-viral video surfaced of a traffic stop in which a teenager was pepper-sprayed, tased and police attempted to later delete the cellphone recording.

The traffic stop occurred on Jan. 10 and was recorded by Courtney Griffith, 18, who had been stopped for a traffic violation in the 1900 block of Darnell Drive, WTKR-TV reports. Her 17-year-old friend Brandon Wyne was sitting in the backseat and another passenger was in the car when they were pulled over for a broken license plate light, but the officer said he smelled marijuana and asked them to step out of the vehicle.

“Until my mother is here, no one is to touch me, understand?” Wyne can be heard saying to the officer.

“Well, you’re gonna get out of the car in just a second,” responds the officer.

“I will, but no one will touch me until my mother is here. I am 17 years old,” says Wyne.

“You have to comply,” Griffith tells Wyne, who can be seen from the cellphone she’s propped up on the dashboard. “Sir, how does a normal traffic stop go from ‘I smell marijuana’ when I don’t allow that kind of stuff into my car?”

The officer tells her he is “going to explain it,” and Griffith tells Wyne to “shut up” to hear the officer’s explanation. “Am I being detained?” she asks, and the officer responds, “Yes… for the smell of marijuana coming from your vehicle.”

The officers proceed to tell the teens that the vehicle smelled like marijuana and demand that the passengers step out of the vehicle. Four cop cars were on the scene at this point and Wyne, being a minor, repeatedly requests that his mother be present.

“They begin to pull people out of my car,” Griffith told WAVY-TV. “Before they even run my plates, they begin to pull people out of my car.”

“I’m 17 years old, stop!” cries out Wyne as he is pepper-sprayed. He states that he is calling his mother and repeats that he is only a minor as the officers threaten to tase him. After he is tased, Wyne tells the officer he’ll get out of the car, but before he can exit, he is stunned a second time.

“At this point, his hands are up and they are over his eyes. At this point, everything is fine with what the police have done,” Tim Anderson, Wyne’s attorney, told WAVY. “Tasing him was completely unnecessary. He was not a threat. His hands are up. He is clearly immobilized by the effects of the pepper spray, and they could have dragged him out.”

Griffith told WAVY she couldn’t watch the video anymore, and that is shows excessive use of force by law enforcement is not just “about race.”

“I can’t even watch it anymore … I can’t see him go through that,” Griffith said. “It’s not about race. It’s not about class. It could happen to anybody nowadays.”

At the conclusion of the four-minute video, a police officer can be seen appearing to shut off Griffith’s camera. Griffith says when she got her cellphone back from police the video had been deleted. But she was able to recover the video because it saved to a “recently deleted folder.”

“They arrested me, never Mirandized me or Brandon, and they sent me off with a summons. When I went back to my car, my phone had been brought off the dashboard and was on the driver’s seat. I asked the cops who deleted the video, after looking for it in my folder, and they all started laughing. It was sickening. I later found it in my recently deleted folder,” Griffith told The Free Thought Project.

Wyne is currently in juvenile detention, charged with assault and battery, obstruction of justice, and possession of marijuana with intent to sell. Virginia Beach Police told WAVY that their investigators are reviewing the allegation that the officer took the phone and attempted to delete the video.

Griffith was given a ticket for having pot in her purse, but the charge was dismissed.

“If you have nothing to hide, why delete it? It doesn’t make any sense,” Griffith told WAVY.

The officer has been placed on administrative duty, pending the department’s investigation. The Virginia Beach Police Department released the following statement to WAVY Thursday:

“The Virginia Beach Police Department’s Office of Internal Affairs is currently investigating a Use of Force incident that originated as a traffic stop on January 10, 2015 at approximately 9:00 p.m. in the 1900 block of Darnell Drive, Virginia Beach.

The Virginia Beach Police Department immediately began investigating this incident based on the officer’s self-reported Use of Force Report and video captured from the officer’s TASER camera submitted the night of the incident. The department was previously unaware of the citizens recorded video until today. The internal investigation was initiated based the processes and policies that serve as checks and balances when an officer uses force. It should be noted this investigation was self-initiated by the police department and was not as a result of a citizen complaint.

As a result of the traffic stop arrests have been made and narcotics were recovered.

The involved officer has been placed on administrative duty.”
:

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2015, 05:54:51 AM »

Have to side with the officers.  If you're pulled over and an officer smells marijuana, then he has a right to investigate.  If you refuse, then you are obstruction of justice.  Since he fought with the officers, that's resisting arrest and assault.

Being 17 doesn't matter....in fact, he can be easily tried as an adult and placed in an adult housing.  Truthfully, if they complied then it would have been just a ticket and sent on their way but they decided to argue with the cops and curse at them.  Never a great idea.

Hope he enjoyed the taser and pepper spray.  That will learn em....

I guess people expect the police to continue to ask the dumbass kid to step out of his vehicle until 6 am the next day.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2015, 05:56:33 AM »

Because they do not have to.

Have you ever heard of habeas corpus?

What's fucking irritating beyond belief is to believe that we Have to be uber-obedient to what pigs say.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2015, 05:59:48 AM »
You saying the cops are paid by the manufacturers?  Meaning they work for them?
You look for a simple answer for a complex issue.
Because they do not have to.

Have you ever heard of habeas corpus?

What's fucking irritating beyond belief is to believe that we Have to be uber-obedient to what pigs say.

and here comes mr. Ignorant

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2015, 06:02:32 AM »
good they got what they were looking for,lol I'm going to call my mommy....I'm seventeen years old just get Out of the car  :D

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2015, 06:08:06 AM »
You look for a simple answer for a complex issue. and here comes mr. Ignorant

Dude, the girl asked "am I being detained?". The pig said "yes". Girl says "for what?". Pig says "for marijuana".

Marijuana can easily be a broken brake light or suspicious activity or anything else the cop desires at any point.

Truth is he got stopped for driving while black AND with white girls in the car. A huge no-no in pig protocol.