Author Topic: Robbing a store and taunting cops is now a thing-Video of newest shooting  (Read 15669 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Robbing a store and taunting cops is now a thing-Video of newest shooting
« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2014, 09:48:19 AM »
The kid wanted to die like 240 or bust said , suicide by cop.

true, but the details in their written statement didn't match distance nor position of knife in the video.  they had the video too... not sure why they exaggerated the truth - probably to make the danger seem worse.  Dude standing 10 feet away holding knife saying "kill me" isn't the same as dude 3 feet from cop with knife in overhead position lol.   

Death isn't imminent from the dude ten feet away.   Granted, he's a sneeze away from getting 9 bullets in him... but just because a person says "shoot me" doesn't mean you do it.  I'm pretty sure the cops figured they were covered, but wanted to make the threat seem worse for when they got reviewed on the incident - they probably didn't count on the cell phone video?

Both shoots, IMO, were legal.  I Just hate that cops had to exaggerate shit both times.  Those exaggerations, in everyday practice, can result in people going to prison longer, or even at all.  And if they'll do it so casually with a dead body, surely they'll have no qualms about doing it with a red light or stolen property or a gun or whatever.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2014, 08:33:39 AM »

They do this every single day.  Tasers work when properly used by trained individuals....you don't need to kill everything that moves

Reality. Tasers are effective when both prongs make contact with the skin in most of the population. The prongs don't always make contact with the skin. Sometimes one prong misses which renders it useless, sometimes prongs don't penetrate the clothing, rendering them useless. If you are facing a subject with a nerf knife then go ahead and taser them. You'll get a second chance for plan B if it doesnt work. But if they have a real knife or a gun, you're risking your life that both prongs make contact AND they aren't the small percentage that happen to be immune to the electrical impulses. Feel free to do that if YOU want to... as a trained Taser user, I'm not going to do it..  

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2014, 12:10:50 PM »
How FNG stupid are these thugs and ghetto creeps? 

Well, they are incredibly, insanely and overwhelmingly stupid, and this is an understatement of the year  ;D