Author Topic: bitcoin becoming legit currency  (Read 12171 times)

Nomad

• Getbig IV
Re: bitcoin becoming legit currency
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2013, 05:12:11 PM »
I was very critical of bitcoin at first too until I learned the nuances of the currency. A single coin is divisible up to 8 decimal places. In the past day it’s up over $150. Since the start of this thread it’s up over 50 percent. It will continue to outperform any other investment you can make. The government can do absolutely nothing to stop it. The only reason they’ll attempt to make it look criminal is because they missed the boat on it. It’s revolutionary, as much as the internet was. A complete paradigm shift on how we think of currency. Jump aboard while it’s cheap. Buy 0.5 bitcoin just in case.

wait for bitcoins to go down a bit first prior to moving in?

all drugs - TPPIIP

Ganuvanx

• Getbig II
  • There's somethin out there, and it ain't no man.
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2013, 05:42:40 PM »
wait for bitcoins to go down a bit first prior to moving in?

Yes, when it broke $900 I expected profits to be taken off the table. There's a big pullback going on now. It will likely drop several hundred dollars.

Ganuvanx

• Getbig II
  • There's somethin out there, and it ain't no man.
« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2013, 02:45:53 PM »
If the Fed says it's okay, that means they created it. 

Asshole... WAKE UP!

Previous to yesterday every US agency and mainline news outlet was slamming bitcoin as the currency of criminals/drug buyers/money launderers etc. and doing absolutely everything they could to deter bitcoin. Yesterday the US government and Federal Reserve to came out to support it? That should tell you they never created it. It is more likely they came to the realization there isn’t anything they can do to stop it and have considered other options to control it. Perhaps making it the official world currency when the US dollar collapses? Who knows for sure. It’s obvious the powers that be have plans involving bitcoin and crypto currencies. The way I’m interpreting it is now it would be foolish not to hold any. You haven’t seen anything yet as to the price it will reach. Now watch mainline news do a 180 and show support for digital currency. Then we'll know the power elites missed the boat on bitcoin.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2013, 06:38:42 AM »
It would have been better if the virtual currency were retained for virtual, nonphysical purchases.  Wasn't that the whole point?  To establish an online, borderless economy to facilitate the exchange of data?  As soon as it gets equated to a physical currency the whole purpose is lost and you might as well just revert to using the dollar. 

What am I missing?

Bump for ignorance.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2013, 07:21:56 AM »
What backs bitcoin?  What are their assets?  Currency is backed usually by something like gold.  What about the bicoin exchanges?  Who runs those?

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2013, 10:02:33 AM »
I feel something dangerous in investing for bitcoin .

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2013, 10:04:41 AM »

Yes probably North Korea is behind this.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2013, 10:07:12 AM »

It is a common scam, lots of people putting money in and taking money out. You can definitely invest but take money out fast for profit. You never know when the floor will fall and lose your cash.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2013, 11:51:14 AM »
It is a common scam, lots of people putting money in and taking money out. You can definitely invest but take money out fast for profit. You never know when the floor will fall and lose your cash.
According to several experts, this bubble will continue for a while.
I am not so interested in the value of this virtual currency but i am interested in how long exist this virtuual currency. Even if it goes very high value,its a garbage for me if it disappears.
If it wont disappear, i would exchange lots of money for it .

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2013, 12:29:05 PM »
According to several experts, this bubble will continue for a while.
I am not so interested in the value of this virtual currency but i am interested in how long exist this virtuual currency. Even if it goes very high value,its a garbage for me if it disappears.
If it wont disappear, i would exchange lots of money for it .

Experts are probably investors trying to rake in some fish before they bail.

An old saying is when Time magazine does a story about an investment, it's already to late.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2013, 12:33:29 PM »
What backs bitcoin?  What are their assets?  Currency is backed usually by something like gold.  What about the bicoin exchanges?  Who runs those?
yah we can say whatever we want how "bad" fiat curency is, but botcoin uses same fractional reserve system.

while fiat currencies arent backed by gold anymore(that was usa first move),theyre backed by things like economic power and expected taax revenues.

bitcoin is backed by what again? ??? ???

by the belief of suckers.

believing in a currency is important for its survival, but with national economy and taxes, you can rely on somehting.

all the ppl were afraid on some non phsical worldwide currency, and now theyre fully buying into it.

n

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2013, 01:32:42 PM »
yah we can say whatever we want how "bad" fiat curency is, but botcoin uses same fractional reserve system.

while fiat currencies arent backed by gold anymore(that was usa first move),theyre backed by things like economic power and expected taax revenues.

bitcoin is backed by what again? ??? ???

by the belief of suckers.

believing in a currency is important for its survival, but with national economy and taxes, you can rely on somehting.

all the ppl were afraid on some non phsical worldwide currency, and now theyre fully buying into it.

To be fair, Fiat is making some inroads in the American market so the currency for buying one of these cars is going to be pretty strong.

Now if the government helped remake the Fiat 8V and backed it, I think the dollar would sky-rocket.

OR if they made more of these and made them worth a few billion each, the 1952/53 Fiat 8V Supersonic, then the dollar will regain the value.  I am glad that they chose Fiat to back the money system.  Not a bad move at all.

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2013, 01:54:50 PM »
Bingo.  People bash on the gov, but at least we know who they are and vote them in.  But with Bitcoin, who actually owns it?  Who controls the majority?  Would you trust some Pablo Escobar type guy that owns 10% of it?  What about the early adopters?  Guys that bought it for pennies and own say a million coins.  What happens when this does get to say $10k and they decide to dump it all causing a huge crash?  Shit is too volatile.  The whole method of a bunch of people with strong computers and coding knowledge being about to mine these is plain retarded.  I also think the number of coins being 21 million is just too low.  For this to be a world wide currency it needs to be higher.  Once you start dealing with bits of bitcoin it becomes one large mess.

21 million coins = nominal value of $11.18 billion USD

Plenty of $ to start of with.

The computers generate codes to create more coins everyday.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2013, 01:58:16 PM »

Yah but what kind of cars are backing the system?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2013, 01:59:56 PM »

They are NOT creating new coins.  There are 21 million total coins.  The computers are mining the coins and those that mine them, own them.

Remember Enron was worth billions, but in reality was backed by shit.  Same as many other companies.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2013, 02:04:48 PM »
Why can`t someone take a couple hundred million and make a computer to mine all of them?  ???

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2013, 02:06:12 PM »
so bit coins are made of granite or what

A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2013, 02:08:59 PM »
Why can`t someone take a couple hundred million and make a computer to mine all of them?  ???

That's what they are doing.  There are teams of people working together trying to mine them.  It is difficult encryption and takes time but they are doing it.  The Chinese probably have a warehouse of computers and people working on them trying to mine them all day long.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2013, 03:25:01 PM »
That's what they are doing.  There are teams of people working together trying to mine them.  It is difficult encryption and takes time but they are doing it.  The Chinese probably have a warehouse of computers and people working on them trying to mine them all day long.
LOL

this shit makes no fucking sense i thought they were actually mining shit out of the ground...

How are new bitcoins created?
Number of bitcoins over time, assuming a perfect 10-minute interval.

New bitcoins are generated by the network through the process of "mining". In a process that is similar to a continuous raffle draw, mining nodes on the network are awarded bitcoins each time they find the solution to a certain mathematical problem (and thereby create a new block). Creating a block is a proof of work with a difficulty that varies with the overall strength of the network. The reward for solving a block is automatically adjusted so that roughly every four years of operation of the Bitcoin network, half the amount of bitcoins created in the prior 4 years are created. 10,500,000 bitcoins were created in the first 4 (approx.) years from January 2009 to November 2012. Every four years thereafter this amount halves, so it will be 5,250,000 over years 4-8, 2,625,000 over years 8-12, and so on. Thus the total number of bitcoins in existence will never exceed 21,000,000. See Controlled Currency Supply.

Blocks are mined every 10 minutes, on average and for the first four years (210,000 blocks) each block included 50 new bitcoins. As the amount of processing power directed at mining changes, the difficulty of creating new bitcoins changes. This difficulty factor is calculated every 2016 blocks and is based upon the time taken to generate the previous 2016 blocks. See Mining.
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2013, 03:38:23 PM »
LOL

this shit makes no fucking sense i thought they were actually mining shit out of the ground...

How are new bitcoins created?
Number of bitcoins over time, assuming a perfect 10-minute interval.

New bitcoins are generated by the network through the process of "mining". In a process that is similar to a continuous raffle draw, mining nodes on the network are awarded bitcoins each time they find the solution to a certain mathematical problem (and thereby create a new block). Creating a block is a proof of work with a difficulty that varies with the overall strength of the network. The reward for solving a block is automatically adjusted so that roughly every four years of operation of the Bitcoin network, half the amount of bitcoins created in the prior 4 years are created. 10,500,000 bitcoins were created in the first 4 (approx.) years from January 2009 to November 2012. Every four years thereafter this amount halves, so it will be 5,250,000 over years 4-8, 2,625,000 over years 8-12, and so on. Thus the total number of bitcoins in existence will never exceed 21,000,000. See Controlled Currency Supply.

Blocks are mined every 10 minutes, on average and for the first four years (210,000 blocks) each block included 50 new bitcoins. As the amount of processing power directed at mining changes, the difficulty of creating new bitcoins changes. This difficulty factor is calculated every 2016 blocks and is based upon the time taken to generate the previous 2016 blocks. See Mining.

So a country like china with billions of people and billions of computers can create the largest network and mine the shit out of it.  See why I don't trust it?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2013, 01:50:43 PM »
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/dec/18/bitcoin-plummets-china-payment-processors-digital-cryptocurrency

Digital cryptocurrency has lost almost 50% of its value overnight after BTC China said it could no longer accept deposits in the Chinese currency

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2013, 01:59:41 PM »
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/dec/18/bitcoin-plummets-china-payment-processors-digital-cryptocurrency

Digital cryptocurrency has lost almost 50% of its value overnight after BTC China said it could no longer accept deposits in the Chinese currency

can't believe your the first to post this. So here's a question is now a good time to buy? In my eyes this is done. 

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2013, 02:03:56 PM »
Remember Enron was worth billions, but in reality was backed by shit.  Same as many other companies.

^

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2013, 02:08:23 PM »
Draining 3's daily.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2013, 02:21:54 PM »
can't believe your the first to post this. So here's a question is now a good time to buy? In my eyes this is done. 

The bitcoin has a quasi-religious cult following that will, in all probability, continue to drive the price up conditional on any news deemed positive. So, there will be opportunities to profit in the future.