Author Topic: Dorian Looking Small  (Read 36909 times)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: Dorian Looking Small
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2006, 05:29:20 AM »
what about that year he got whacked out on extacy

lol    who?

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2006, 07:39:32 AM »
dorian.................. ..........one time he was at a club high on extacy and some chics boyfriend knocked him out, he comes to golds venice some when he here, he still has good claves, but hes just an old guy now, doesnt even lift heavy, but he still looks good for his record and age

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2006, 07:42:08 AM »
dorian............................one time he was at a club high on extacy and some chics boyfriend knocked him out, he comes to golds venice some when he here, he still has good claves, but hes just an old guy now, doesnt even lift heavy, but he still looks good for his record and age

ya i heard he likes the party drugs

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2006, 07:55:11 AM »
thats the thing, alot of these people are hung up on these freakin party drugs, its so stupid, u dont even know what your buying when u purchase that crap, why take a chance on dying for real over a party drug to feel high, u see what that shit did to craig titus

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2006, 09:07:33 AM »
thats the thing, alot of these people are hung up on these freakin party drugs, its so stupid, u dont even know what your buying when u purchase that crap, why take a chance on dying for real over a party drug to feel high, u see what that shit did to craig titus

youre right. unfortunately alot of pros get stuck in that trap.it's hurt more than one pros pre-contest dieting.

and it does more damage than just to your physique. like you said take a look at what happened to titus

javico

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2006, 06:21:30 PM »
See this

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2006, 06:42:09 PM »
Dude's still a beast.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2006, 07:33:04 PM »
Looks like he stopped working out legs.
"Shut the F up and train"

420 Diesel

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2006, 08:28:19 PM »
are you blind?

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2006, 01:57:06 AM »
He should have that Bicep re-attached, stage a comeback, and crap on everyone.

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2006, 03:30:34 AM »

He retired like 8 years ago. He still looks big and in good shape. Actually he looks better than a few offseason pro. Plus.. he looks happy. All in all he's holding up pretty good.

Hes got a new wife and kid, a supplement company, still has the gym, and he looks really healthy.

People need to stop hating on Yates.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2006, 03:42:15 PM »
he still looks pretty damn big to me
R

kaylos

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2006, 11:30:49 PM »
i wish yates the best and ill still respect the man for his accomplishments

Which accomplishments ?
Having taken tons of drugs ?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: February 02, 2006, 11:47:40 PM »
Yes fuckin Ali looks like shit.  I can't believe he ain't still fighting
Joe Namath what a waste, I can't figure out why he isn't playing
Henry Aaron what a loser, you think he'd stay in baseball to make sure nobidy breaks his records
Arnold Palmer, what a pussy.  He can't even beat a guy named Tiger
John  McEnroe what the hell!  Why would you quit playing when he should be winning the U.S. Open every year
I don't understand why all these people don't keep competing till they die.  Oh! maybe cause they are RETIRED!  You can really tell when young people say things on these boards.  I was the same way when I was younger.  I could never imagine not going to the gym and notbeing the strongest guy wherever I went.  But, you know somethings happen and things change.  YOu young guys are going to go through the same thing.  It's great to be able to talk shit now and make fun of former greats, but the thing you have to realize is at least they got there.  At least they did what they set out to do.    I am willing to bet that 99% of the people on here ragging Dorian and others for looking so shitty now and how come they don't stay in shape have never competed, acheived a high status and are under 35 or 40.  It's easy to pinpoint ignorance

Amen brother.

Hendrix

• Getbig IV
  • Male Silverback Gorillas Do Not Take Drugs.
« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2006, 12:23:39 AM »
He has a supplement line so he should still be big and conditioned,It is very hard to tell in those photos what his shape he is in.
But for Jesus Christ he has to be in shape for his supplement line i know many will buy his supplements without knowledge of his current shape but many of us my self included will not buy his supplements from a small retired bodybuilder no matter how great he was.
BOBB SAPP KILLS

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2006, 02:56:03 AM »
Which accomplishments ?
Having taken tons of drugs ?

You must be on the wrong board.  Amazingly, pro bodybuilders take tons of drugs, it's an integral part of the game.  Dorian accomplised more than nearly every other pro who all took tons of drugs.  So perhaps he trained harder, was more consistent, paid more attention to his diet, maximised his potential, didn't throw it away through partying and recreational drugs like Cormier or Wheeler?

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2006, 04:18:16 AM »
regardless of how he looks now, his legacy shows that he was the best of his generation in regards to achievement. Although Shawn should have beaten him, Dorian set the standards to a level which has rarely, if at all, been surpassed
I agree with all except the underlined. There were a few Olympias where Ronnie DID match the Shadow as far as conditioning. AND Ronnie has a better shape.
Look at Lee Haney NOW and you'll get a pretty good idea of what Ronnie(granted his waist won't be as small) will look like years after he retires.

SwingGuru

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2006, 08:17:01 AM »
I seriously doubt that Haney is clean when that picture was taken.  I've seen him look plenty smaller than in that picture.

The key to these athletes is that they can in 3 months get a great deal of it back.  Arnold typically does that before his movies.