Author Topic: Wilder vs Fury PPV  (Read 12283 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Wilder vs Fury PPV
« on: November 21, 2018, 07:14:11 PM »
Bum vs Crackhead
Trash undercard with all tune up fights

Only $74.99 HD, $64.99 SD

Steven Espinoza and Al Haymon are out of their rabbit ass minds. At best this is a $19.99 fight and undercard.  

8000 out of 21000 tickets sold.  Failed attempt to package tickets on Groupon.  $45 and street teams are up next to sell this trash fight.

Boxing fans aren't fools.  They saw what Fury look like 90 days ago vs a bum, doing the Rope-A-Dope and getting touched up.

Frank Warren got Manny Pacquiao tax problems.  Pretty obvious he is selling Fury ass to Haymon and Wilder for a bailout!

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
Re: Wilder vs Fury PPV
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 08:21:32 PM »
Fury needed 1 maybe 2 more tune up fights against top 10 competitors before taking on the US champ.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 09:16:33 PM »
Styles Makes fights

Fury could give WIlder fits with movement and the jab- for a giant Fury is very fast with his hands and movement and his footwork isn't too shabby

until he runs out of gas.........

If wilder hits him clean with his right- good night

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 09:17:00 PM »
Bum vs Crackhead
Trash undercard with all tune up fights

Only $74.99 HD, $64.99 SD

Steven Espinoza and Al Haymon are out of their rabbit ass minds. At best this is a $19.99 fight and undercard.  

8000 out of 21000 tickets sold.  Failed attempt to package tickets on Groupon.  $45 and street teams are up next to sell this trash fight.

Boxing fans aren't fools.  They saw what Fury look like 90 days ago vs a bum, doing the Rope-A-Dope and getting touched up.

Frank Warren got Manny Pacquiao tax problems.  Pretty obvious he is selling Fury ass to Haymon and Wilder for a bailout!
crazy

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 09:20:43 PM »
Wilder has that one punch power, but Fury is so big and so awkward that I think he'll outpoint Wilder in a very unpleasing fight.  I don't find this fight or the rest of the card as terrible as some do until you factor in the PPV aspect.  This has no business being on PPV. 

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 09:36:35 PM »
$75 lmao, fury has aged like a mother fucker, in just a few years

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 01:54:11 AM »
Wilder has that one punch power, but Fury is so big and so awkward that I think he'll outpoint Wilder in a very unpleasing fight.  I don't find this fight or the rest of the card as terrible as some do until you factor in the PPV aspect.  This has no business being on PPV.  

They are both awkward, but one has been active and his reflexes are primed while the other one is coming off of 2 fat camps to cut 135 lbs.  Fury is not the same fighter from 3 yrs ago.  Wilder has 36 nice mins to detonate one right hand while fury has to keep his big head away from it.    

I believe Wilder is an -150 just to win. Easy money! Fury isn't winning on the cards, and if he engages, he is going to sleep.

Heavyweight 12 rounds - Staples Center - Los Angeles, California - Showtime
Sat 12/1       501 Tyson Fury      
 +150    
 o9½ -165           
11:00PM       502 Deontay Wilder       
 u9½ +145         

The fight is a setup Fury can't win. Ortiz outboxed Wilder and had a 10/8 round in the 7th but was behind on the cards going into the 10th when the stoppage occurred.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2018, 02:28:05 AM »
Styles definitely do make fights, on paper Wilder has the edge due too being more consistent never actually leaving the game, everyone is saying as soon as Wilder lands the right...it’s goodnight fury, I wouldn’t be so sure he’s not punching down on a stationary target like the others he fought, (Ortiz the exception) he is a good fighter however let’s not forget he was 38-39 Years Old not exactly a fighter in his prime.

The likely outcome imo is fury will frustrate the hell out of Wilder for @ least half the fight, then that inactivity for fury will more than likely catch up with him, I don’t see Wilder just “blowing” fury away with 1 punch...he will have too hit him consecutively round after round until fury’s legs and lack of fight conditioning betray him in the later rounds.

I actually think Wilder...Joshua...and Fury are overrated the thing they all have going for them is “size” I doubt seriously all 3 of that lot would trouble the Prime 1980s-1990s Lennox-Bowe-Holyfield-Tyson, Bowe in his prime was arguably the best infighter for a big man as was Lewis from long range Holyfield was a freak and near complete all round fighter and a prime Tyson was a viscous ruthless machine

Joshua imo is just a modern version of frank Bruno with a slightly better skill set, Wilder has a great right hand and is somewhat unorthodox and fury while he can actually box...is about as exciting as watching wet paint dry...and that’s about it for that lot.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2018, 05:36:42 AM »
Styles definitely do make fights, on paper Wilder has the edge due too being more consistent never actually leaving the game, everyone is saying as soon as Wilder lands the right...it’s goodnight fury, I wouldn’t be so sure he’s not punching down on a stationary target like the others he fought, (Ortiz the exception) he is a good fighter however let’s not forget he was 38-39 Years Old not exactly a fighter in his prime.

The likely outcome imo is fury will frustrate the hell out of Wilder for @ least half the fight, then that inactivity for fury will more than likely catch up with him, I don’t see Wilder just “blowing” fury away with 1 punch...he will have too hit him consecutively round after round until fury’s legs and lack of fight conditioning betray him in the later rounds.

I actually think Wilder...Joshua...and Fury are overrated the thing they all have going for them is “size” I doubt seriously all 3 of that lot would trouble the Prime 1980s-1990s Lennox-Bowe-Holyfield-Tyson, Bowe in his prime was arguably the best infighter for a big man as was Lewis from long range Holyfield was a freak and near complete all round fighter and a prime Tyson was a viscous ruthless machine

Joshua imo is just a modern version of frank Bruno with a slightly better skill set, Wilder has a great right hand and is somewhat unorthodox and fury while he can actually box...is about as exciting as watching wet paint dry...and that’s about it for that lot.

the likely outcome is closer to the gerald washington , who is about 6'7 - fury's 6'8-9, fight.  wilder gets outboxed for several rounds, the fight slows down about 5-6, fury gets a bit stationery around the ropes (limit exit points), wilder holds the guard arm down (slightly illegal but the ref missed it in the GW fight), and he detonates a right (it can pretty much land anywhere).  frank warren is ringside checking to see if the funds have been deposited in his account to cover his tax debts. Thank you, Al Haymon

around :36

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2018, 05:40:42 AM »
the likely outcome is closer to the gerald washington , who is about 6'7 - fury's 6'8-9, fight.  wilder gets outboxed for several rounds, the fight slows down about 5-6, fury gets a bit stationery around the ropes (limit exit points), wilder holds the guard arm down (slightly illegal but the ref missed it in the GW fight), and he detonates a right (it can pretty much land anywhere).  frank warren is ringside checking to see if the funds have been deposited in his account to cover his tax debts. Thank you, Al Haymon

Wilder about punched him through the ropes!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2018, 06:04:03 AM »
It will be a fixed fight just like cormier vs lewis
A

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2018, 07:58:27 AM »
Can see two scenarios unfolding. One being Fury gets bombed out in two rounds, unable to deal with Wilders long, winding punches, the power and speed too much for him after the lay off. Second one being Fury proves too awkward and Wilder get tired throwing punches that miss, leading to a Fury victory on points.

Can't see Fury stopping Wilder, not enough dig to his shots.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2018, 08:07:48 AM »
Fury gets KOed and disappears into Bolivian. Wilder and Joshua and the rest get KOED the fuck out by a new guy that comes from nowhere and reiginites the HW boxing scene.
It will happen and when it does ill bump this.
And no its not James Stabler

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2018, 09:19:40 AM »
Interesting, his Szpika knock out is similar to Washington, and I believe Stiverne 2 was similar. He holds or freezes (held Szpilka's head down the left vs pulling Washington guard down) you with the left for a split second which gives him a momentary stationery target for the right. Other than that, as long as Szpika was moving, he pretty much took the other right hands.  

Not allowing him to control you with his left might be a solution for staying away from a big bomb.  

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2018, 12:54:56 PM »
The heavy weight division is a disgrace today. The top guys of today would be low level journey men in the past.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2018, 01:06:49 PM »
$75 lmao, fury has aged like a mother fucker, in just a few years

Falcon transformation  :D

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2018, 03:04:32 PM »

excellent analysis

I agree with you about Joshua and Bruno- AJ slightly faster hands than Frank and Aj much better power in both hands but AJ is mechanical and his head movement/defence is not that flash

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2018, 03:06:41 PM »
They are both awkward, but one has been active and his reflexes are primed while the other one is coming off of 2 fat camps to cut 135 lbs.  Fury is not the same fighter from 3 yrs ago.  Wilder has 36 nice mins to detonate one right hand while fury has to keep his big head away from it.    

I believe Wilder is an -150 just to win. Easy money! Fury isn't winning on the cards, and if he engages, he is going to sleep.

Heavyweight 12 rounds - Staples Center - Los Angeles, California - Showtime
Sat 12/1       501 Tyson Fury      
 +150    
 o9½ -165           
11:00PM       502 Deontay Wilder       
 u9½ +145         

The fight is a setup Fury can't win. Ortiz outboxed Wilder and had a 10/8 round in the 7th but was behind on the cards going into the 10th when the stoppage occurred.

how do these USA odds work?

does  "- " mean Wilder is the underdog?

Virgil

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2018, 03:53:52 PM »
I guess I'm in the minority, but I think it's gonna be a great fight, if Fury comes in with the right mindset I think he can win.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2018, 05:36:32 PM »
Fury is good for boxing.  He's what a heavyweight champ is supposed to be...flashy, over the top, knowledgable about the history of the sport, a shit talker...a character.  Wilder has his strengths.  He reminds of a hungry young Mike Tyson but without the technique and discipline.  He strikes back hard when he gets hit...like it's personal to him.  It looked he killed the Polish dude.

Both are more exciting than AJ.  AJ has no charisma.  He's boring, protected and won't venture out of his hometown to fight.  Even if Tyson loses I think he's still got a claim to fighting again for the title at some point.

Usyk is, to me, the wild card in the heavyweight division.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2018, 06:37:12 PM »
Boring fight with Fury moving and frustrating Wilder with angles until about round 6-7 when Wilder finally lands haymaker.  KO 7

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2018, 08:58:22 PM »
Fury is good for boxing.  He's what a heavyweight champ is supposed to be...flashy, over the top, knowledgable about the history of the sport, a shit talker...a character.  Wilder has his strengths.  He reminds of a hungry young Mike Tyson but without the technique and discipline.  He strikes back hard when he gets hit...like it's personal to him.  It looked he killed the Polish dude.

Both are more exciting than AJ.  AJ has no charisma.  He's boring, protected and won't venture out of his hometown to fight.  Even if Tyson loses I think he's still got a claim to fighting again for the title at some point.

Usyk is, to me, the wild card in the heavyweight division.

Just curious but why would Canelo fight GGG in East Europe or FMW fight Manny in the Philliphines? It seems you want Joshua to fight Wilder in Alabama or something?  Protected? I think Wilder not fighting Vlad at 33-0 for undisputed because he was just a baby, wasn't ready, wasn't developed, is the pure definition of protected. When last I checked, Joshua has 2 Hall of Famers on his resume, several undefeated fighters, and damn near the whole top 10 in 21 fights. I'm not getting into Wilder fighting cruiserweight journeymen 20+ fights into his career.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2018, 09:11:29 PM »
how do these USA odds work?

does  "- " mean Wilder is the underdog?

+ is the underdog.  Fury pays $150 on a $100 bet while Wilder pays $58 on a $100 bet, I thought Wilder would be about -250 or so, the bookies would give a poor return on Wilder to get people to bite on Fury money. Ortiz fight proved that Haymon is not letting you beat Wilder on the cards if Wilder is the hometown fighter. -170 is easy money on Wilder for a straight victory by stoppage or Al Haymon cards.    t

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2018, 09:52:53 PM »

tyson is more mobile than that hebrew

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2018, 12:57:21 AM »
tyson is more mobile than that hebrew

i guess you missed szpilka. fury is not this agile, in his current form.