Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 768356 times)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #10400 on: February 28, 2024, 02:59:51 PM »
ETH is up 64% the past 3 months. BTC is up 63%. I think the money will rotate to other coins. There's only so much you can make with BTC. Doge pumped hard the past day or so.

Let's say the crypto market cap goes to $10 trillion. If BTC maintains a 50% dominance, then the other $5 trillion goes to alts. ETH might go back to a 20% dominance, if only for a day or so. That gives ETH a market cap of $2 trillion. Let's assume 120 million ETH.  That gets the ETH price to $16.6k.

There are rumors the SEC will meet with ETH Spot ETF applicants in March. It's not 100% guaranteed the ETH Spot EFTs are approved. More unlikely compared to BTC.

But there's lots of stuff that could happen to prevent this. Perhaps nukes are used in the Russia / NATO arena? Time will tell.

ETH is gonna be fine whatever happens. You'll get 10K minimum either this year or next.

ETF with staking is the most bullish scenario, but unlikely to be approved.
ETF without staking keeps things ticking along. Looks the most likely.
No ETF will cause an ETH sell off, but the dip will be bought hard and ETH still has plenty of other bullish catalysts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Doge is now at 11.5 cents, down from its ATH of 75 cents. That's an 84.66% crash, as of today. And even then it is still up +5,600% from its price 5 years ago.

Doge did pretty well recently, but it looks like VCs and WS degens have chosen PEPE and WIF as this cycles memecoins. I got on WIF early and it's already x8 and still hasn't been listed on tier 1 exchanges. If you have any SOL on the network roll it into WIF. It will outperform it by multiples.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10401 on: February 28, 2024, 03:05:31 PM »
Here's an interesting thing my friend said about BTC, in regards to when i mentioned El Salvador buying bitcoins and accepting it as currency.

He goes the real issue will be when the first country figures out they can Print paper currency and then BUY Bitcoin with it.  Any opinions?

Wait until your friend finds out about the Tether printer LMAO

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10402 on: February 28, 2024, 04:04:14 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Doge is now at 11.5 cents, down from its ATH of 75 cents. That's an 84.66% crash, as of today. And even then it is still up +5,600% from its price 5 years ago.

Godspeed

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10403 on: February 28, 2024, 04:56:06 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I just sold all of my Doge for since it was up today.  Still lost 5k with it. Stupid investment for me. Thank God I made some money back on ETH.  Still getting my ass handed to me with ETH classic.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10404 on: February 28, 2024, 05:10:38 PM »
Wait until your friend finds out about the Tether printer LMAO

Fed said Tether was 14% backed. What happens if the US took down Tether but not USDC? Apparently there is a shitload of people in USDT earning yield.

I just sold all of my Doge for since it was up today.  Still lost 5k with it. Stupid investment for me. Thank God I made some money back on ETH.  Still getting my ass handed to me with ETH classic.

DOGE is a lagging token so seems to fire up only at the very end.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10405 on: February 28, 2024, 05:35:45 PM »
Fed said Tether was 14% backed. What happens if the US took down Tether but not USDC? Apparently there is a shitload of people in USDT earning yield.

DOGE is a lagging token so seems to fire up only at the very end.

Tether bought nation sized allotment of US T-Bills ($72.5B) to try stay in their good graces. Also the 2 main characters walked away.The black swan scenario with Tether is basically off the table now.

They still want them gone/neutered though. The FUD campaign probably ramps up around the time Circle/USDC IPOs

The tin foil rumour is JPMorgan wants to launch and be the main USD stable in crypto one day.

Those who want similar stable coin type yield probably end up at Ethena USDe  (27% right now). That probably ends in tears in a bear market.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10406 on: February 28, 2024, 05:39:04 PM »
ETH is gonna be fine whatever happens. You'll get 10K minimum either this year or next.

ETF with staking is the most bullish scenario, but unlikely to be approved.
ETF without staking keeps things ticking along. Looks the most likely.
No ETF will cause an ETH sell off, but the dip will be bought hard and ETH still has plenty of other bullish catalysts

Doge did pretty well recently, but it looks like VCs and WS degens have chosen PEPE and WIF as this cycles memecoins. I got on WIF early and it's already x8 and still hasn't been listed on tier 1 exchanges. If you have any SOL on the network roll it into WIF. It will outperform it by multiples.

any opinions on the .58 ratio recently of  ETH/BTC,  i kind of like to buy ether when its below that ratio and bitcoin when its above.  going back and forth.
You think the Ether ETF's will not get approved due to staking? or is there away around that for black rock and others?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10407 on: February 28, 2024, 06:07:36 PM »

any opinions on the .58 ratio recently of  ETH/BTC,  i kind of like to buy ether when its below that ratio and bitcoin when its above.  going back and forth.
You think the Ether ETF's will not get approved due to staking? or is there away around that for black rock and others?

The consensus amongst the Bloomberg ETF experts (they were spot on with the BTC ETF) is that ETH spot ETF with access to staking yields will not approved.

During the meeting the have scheduled next month they will ask ETF applicants to make amendments removing staking yields. Experts give this amended ETF a 70% of approval. Some say 99% because Blackrock are involved.

So basically you will be able to buy ETH ETF but not collect staking yield which makes the ETH ETF product a lot less attractive than holding spot ETH and staking.

I personally wouldn't bother trading between ETH/BTC right now because you could probably make better gains sticking with one and doing nothing.

Either go with BTC and feel safe and comfortable and enjoy the ride, or take on a bit more risk and go with ETH, stake and restake it and collect Eigen points plus various other yields and accept the ETF volatility. If you're in ETH and not staking/restaking you're basically handicapping your potential gains.

BEEFCAKE

• Getbig III
  • Team Suckmymuscle Nunchuk Masters&Chicken Blasters
« Reply #10408 on: February 28, 2024, 06:07:53 PM »

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10409 on: February 28, 2024, 10:05:31 PM »
The consensus amongst the Bloomberg ETF experts (they were spot on with the BTC ETF) is that ETH spot ETF with access to staking yields will not approved.

During the meeting the have scheduled next month they will ask ETF applicants to make amendments removing staking yields. Experts give this amended ETF a 70% of approval. Some say 99% because Blackrock are involved.

So basically you will be able to buy ETH ETF but not collect staking yield which makes the ETH ETF product a lot less attractive than holding spot ETH and staking.

I personally wouldn't bother trading between ETH/BTC right now because you could probably make better gains sticking with one and doing nothing.

Either go with BTC and feel safe and comfortable and enjoy the ride, or take on a bit more risk and go with ETH, stake and restake it and collect Eigen points plus various other yields and accept the ETF volatility. If you're in ETH and not staking/restaking you're basically handicapping your potential gains.

How would you go about staking your ether.
If you don’t kind sharing your opinion.

Or should I read this whole thing?
https://cointelegraph.com/learn/ethereum-2-0-staking-a-beginners-guide-on-how-to-stake-eth

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10410 on: February 28, 2024, 11:40:40 PM »

https://cointelegraph.com/learn/ethereum-2-0-staking-a-beginners-guide-on-how-to-stake-eth
If you have 32 ETH you could solo stake. But it is technical and if you configure your validator wrong or it is not online 24/7 your holdings could be slashed via a penalty. There's also a staking / unstaking que that's long.

Liquid staking is a better option via Lido. I am staking ETH on Binance.Us and also Coinbase. Note that some crypto influencers feel that staking in a bull market is not the best idea because you can't sell the ETH tokens when a price reaches a point you like. Let's say ETH hits $5,000 and you want to sell some. If it is locked up in staking you can't.

Also note that with any centralized exchange, you are at risk of losing your crypto. I believe your ETH will get slashed if Coinbase fucks up with their validator configs. So it is a risk any way you look at it.

I plan on unstaking some ETH to allow me to sell when I want. I unstaked BNB recently for this reason, and the APY was not that high anyways, around 1.59%. I have not sold yet, still waiting. I am losing some staking yields sure. I just don't want to be locked up if things go nuts with the prices. Keep that in mind before you stake. If you don't plan on realizing any gains this time around then staking is the way to go.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethstaker/comments/14d7ruh/solo_staking_is_35_more_profitable_than_staking/

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10411 on: February 29, 2024, 06:00:01 AM »
If you have 32 ETH you could solo stake. But it is technical and if you configure your validator wrong or it is not online 24/7 your holdings could be slashed via a penalty. There's also a staking / unstaking que that's long.

Liquid staking is a better option via Lido. I am staking ETH on Binance.Us and also Coinbase. Note that some crypto influencers feel that staking in a bull market is not the best idea because you can't sell the ETH tokens when a price reaches a point you like. Let's say ETH hits $5,000 and you want to sell some. If it is locked up in staking you can't.

Also note that with any centralized exchange, you are at risk of losing your crypto. I believe your ETH will get slashed if Coinbase fucks up with their validator configs. So it is a risk any way you look at it.

I plan on unstaking some ETH to allow me to sell when I want. I unstaked BNB recently for this reason, and the APY was not that high anyways, around 1.59%. I have not sold yet, still waiting. I am losing some staking yields sure. I just don't want to be locked up if things go nuts with the prices. Keep that in mind before you stake. If you don't plan on realizing any gains this time around then staking is the way to go.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethstaker/comments/14d7ruh/solo_staking_is_35_more_profitable_than_staking/

Thanks for all the info!

What do you recommend for cold storage?  Trezor?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10412 on: February 29, 2024, 09:45:49 AM »

Best to read it yourself so you understand the risks involved. Also make sure you're eligible for eigen points with whichever protocol you use.

Trezor over Ledger as Ledger developers have fuked up far too many times.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10413 on: February 29, 2024, 11:49:14 AM »
Update on 2 rumors.

1 - that Bezos is buying up BTC big. He was last week seen on his boat with Michael Saylor, so very likely he is a Bitcoiner and sees the future.

2 - that Bezos is buying Filecoin. He fully understands data storage, and he knows Filecoin will eat Amazon's juicy margins. If you can't beat em, join em.

I know neither with certainty, but at the same time, the info comes from reasonably smart people who have a sense of these types of things.

So, take it with a grain of salt, always be skeptical, due your own research - but do give my points above some thought (and remember where you head this first).

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10414 on: February 29, 2024, 01:32:51 PM »
I’m split 60/40 Bitcoin/ether right now.  On the fence about waiting for ether ETF to come out. IF it does price should shoot up relative to Bitcoin meaning the ETH/BTC ratio goes over .58 hopefully as close to .70 as possible and either sell my ETH and buy BTC or convert ETH all to BTC.  ULTIMATELY I understand it comes down to the choice I make but would love to hear opinions on what you guys would do and gals if there’s any into crypto.  I heard satoshi is female and actually used to work for the CIA.  Also isn’t the USA the largest known holder of BTC through confiscations?  Obviously China is a giant holder through back channel purchases.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10415 on: February 29, 2024, 06:03:51 PM »
Update on 2 rumors.

1 - that Bezos is buying up BTC big. He was last week seen on his boat with Michael Saylor, so very likely he is a Bitcoiner and sees the future.

2 - that Bezos is buying Filecoin. He fully understands data storage, and he knows Filecoin will eat Amazon's juicy margins. If you can't beat em, join em.

I know neither with certainty, but at the same time, the info comes from reasonably smart people who have a sense of these types of things.

So, take it with a grain of salt, always be skeptical, due your own research - but do give my points above some thought (and remember where you head this first).

Same Bullrun playbook as 2021. It was a ongoing joke on Twitter among influencers to see who could begin a rumour and get it into national media. The Apple buying rumour was reported by CNBC but it all started as a joke. I saw many of them unfold. XRP and Japanese banks was a massive doozy aswell.

The thing that matters right now is the ETF flow stays turned on.

I gave a family member 1 ETH near the top in 2021. I tried to convince him to buy in more at 17.5k with me and at Lows of a few others, he said he will trade instead. He lost it all and more.

Now at 62k he calls and is thinking of getting 20k of BTC but wants to wait for a pullback….. I told him it has legs so at 62k you’re kind of fucked still sidelined. It might go to 76k and you’ll shit and FOMO buy or you’ll wait for 30k or 42k and it’ll pullback to 53k, reverse and you’ll FOMO at 96k lol.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10416 on: February 29, 2024, 06:14:52 PM »
Gas fees exploding already…….

ETH isn’t even near ATH yet and it can’t cope lol.

*EDIT* just did 2 transaction on oneinch and copped around USD60 in fees.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10417 on: March 01, 2024, 09:36:34 AM »
The Bezos rumour was doing the rounds at the end of last year after Saylor was a guest at a birthday party for the new woman Bezos is with. Rumour picked up moment again after Bezos starting selling Amazon stock.

Another rumour/prediction doing the rounds is that another Nation state/Government is buying.

And the most ridiculous rumour of the lot is that the Vanguard CEO is stepping down from his job for shunning bitcoin.

Actual real news, Merrill Lynch and Wells Fargo have started offering the ETFs to their clients. That's several $trillions more of AUM that will now have access to the ETFs

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10418 on: March 01, 2024, 03:12:30 PM »
The Bezos rumour was doing the rounds at the end of last year after Saylor was a guest at a birthday party for the new woman Bezos is with. Rumour picked up moment again after Bezos starting selling Amazon stock.

Another rumour/prediction doing the rounds is that another Nation state/Government is buying.

And the most ridiculous rumour of the lot is that the Vanguard CEO is stepping down from his job for shunning bitcoin.

Actual real news, Merrill Lynch and Wells Fargo have started offering the ETFs to their clients. That's several $trillions more of AUM that will now have access to the ETFs

Like El Salvador?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10419 on: March 01, 2024, 04:35:44 PM »

Like El Salvador?

Bigger/more wealthy. Middle Eastern possibly.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10420 on: March 01, 2024, 06:46:03 PM »
Bigger/more wealthy. Middle Eastern possibly.
Isn’t the USA The biggest BTC holder due to confiscation?  And clearly China buying underground.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10421 on: March 01, 2024, 06:55:02 PM »
Isn’t the USA The biggest BTC holder due to confiscation?  And clearly China buying underground.

Yeah, the biggest government holding, although they are due to sell a good chunk of it this year. Also some former Eastern block European countries hold large quantities.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10422 on: March 01, 2024, 08:34:50 PM »
Seems like meme and alts are gonna rally now.  Pepe, shib, doge, never understood the allure? Gambling?  Super low price? 

https://coin360.com/

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10423 on: March 02, 2024, 12:57:18 AM »
Seems like meme and alts are gonna rally now.  Pepe, shib, doge, never understood the allure? Gambling?  Super low price? 

https://coin360.com/
People become attached to the Meme. The meme is what gives it value. Shiba is up 74% the past 24 hours! Doge is up 22%. Doge is now finally at 15 cents again. Some influencers reckon $1 might be in the cards for Doge this time around. If X starts accepting Doge it will probably go past $1. The only issue is Doge has a relatively high inflation rate. But the supply of Doge is a lot less than the USD - lol!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogecoin

Dogecoin started with a supply limit of Ð100 billion, which would have been far more coins than the top digital currencies were then allowing. By mid-2015, the 100 billionth Dogecoin had been mined, with an additional Ð5 billion put into circulation every year thereafter. Although there is no theoretical supply limit, at this rate, the number of Dogecoins put into circulation will only double in 20 years (the next doubling will occur in the year 2075). There is no implemented hard cap on the total supply of Dogecoins. Nonetheless, in February 2014, Dogecoin founder Jackson Palmer announced that the limit would be removed in an effort to create a consistent reduction of its inflation rate over time.[61] In other words, the inflation rate improves over time starting at 5% in 2015 to less than 4% by 2019, 3% by 2027, and 2% by 2035.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10424 on: March 02, 2024, 12:58:56 AM »
Godspeed
Thanks. I bought Doge when it was around 2 cents. My Doge is all house money.