Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 753198 times)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #5825 on: April 16, 2021, 01:52:30 PM »
It probably is a generational thing.  We Gen X'ers know a Ponzi Scheme when we see one.

Market Cap is a Trillion now. If there is 10 billion worth of real, commercial trade in BTC, it'll be a lot. This means that 1 BTC circulates..........ever y hundred years. That's insane, that has nothing to do with 'money'.
                                                                                                                                   Anthony Migchels

It's clearly a Ponzi scheme, but what's "real" these days. Stock markets? House prices? Currency valuations? Everything is propped up one way or another and right now bitcoin isn't that different.

It's just another card in the house of cards.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5826 on: April 16, 2021, 01:59:10 PM »
It's clearly a Ponzi scheme, but what's "real" these days. Stock markets? House prices? Currency valuations? Everything is propped up one way or another and right now bitcoin isn't that different.

It's just another card in the house of cards.
True, that's why I said to get out now or at least sell most of it to make money while you can. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #5827 on: April 16, 2021, 02:46:45 PM »
True, that's why I said to get out now or at least sell most of it to make money while you can.

Get out of which investments, and get into which investment?

Stay in cash?  You risk getting slaughtered by inflation.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5828 on: April 16, 2021, 02:48:42 PM »
Get out of which investments, and get into which investment?

Inflation of 3%, 5%, or even 10% is better than 100%.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #5829 on: April 16, 2021, 03:23:47 PM »

Agreed.  How does that answer my question?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #5830 on: April 16, 2021, 03:36:11 PM »
Vechain just blew its load. Will head higher. Easy money

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5831 on: April 16, 2021, 04:49:55 PM »

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5832 on: April 16, 2021, 04:59:54 PM »

This will end just like gamestop.  Will short this into the ground one of these days

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #5833 on: April 16, 2021, 05:10:15 PM »

that is not only a risk, it is guaranteed.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5834 on: April 16, 2021, 05:50:57 PM »
It probably is a generational thing.  We Gen X'ers know a Ponzi Scheme when we see one.

Market Cap is a Trillion now. If there is 10 billion worth of real, commercial trade in BTC, it'll be a lot. This means that 1 BTC circulates..........ever y hundred years. That's insane, that has nothing to do with 'money'.
                                                                                                                                   Anthony Migchels

Dude you clearly don't even know the definition of a Ponzi scheme.

Bitcoin has had an entirely public and decentralized ledger since is inception. You can view the entire ledger any time!

Every single coin had to be mined, from the genesis block onwards (and that includes for Satoshi himself).

The amount that can be printed and the algorithm governing this, is public and open source.

So, its absolutely IDIOTIC to call Bitcoin a Ponzi scheme.

Now, compare to the above criteria to the USD... Centralized, no public ledger (in fact no-one knows for sure how much USD haS been created), dollars can be created ("printed") at will, and of course those who run the system and are closest to the top keep huge amounts of created money for themselves and their friends. (In effect stealing from a sucker like you by stealth).

BITCOIN IS OUR DEFENSE AGAINST THE PONZI SCHEME WHICH IS WHY KEEPS GOING UP WHEN MEASURES IN PONZI USD FIAT CURRENCY.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5835 on: April 16, 2021, 07:02:01 PM »
This is bullish for ETH!

https://www.investing.com/news/cryptocurrency-news/eth-bonanza-as-three-north-american-ethereum-etfs-approved-in-one-day-2477172

While gaining exposure might still be difficult south of the US-Canada border, Canadian investors will shortly have a host of options to choose from to gain exposure to Ethereum (ETH) via an ETF as regulators have approved three different Ethereum ETFs in a single day.

Purpose Investments, Evolve ETFs, and CI Global Asset Management were all approved by Canadian regulators to launch Ethereum-backed ETFs today. The ETFs will be the first ETH ETFs in North America, and among the first in the world.

Some observers noted that all three being approved at once may have been part an effort not to give Purpose an “unfair advantage”. Purpose appeared to gain an edge after the launch of the wildly popular Purpose Investments ETF, the first North American Bitcoin ETF which quickly swelled to $1.3 billion in AUM while competitors waited for approval. Rival Evolve Fund Group’s Bitcoin ETF only managed to attract $100 million in AUM, despite launching only two days later than Purpose and offering 25% less management fees.

In a Tweet, a reporter for Bloomberg said that the CL Galaxy and the Purpose ETF funds will begin trading on 4/20 — a date he thought would please Elon Musk, given it’s marajuana culture connection. Likewise, Evolve’s ETH ETF — which they first filed for in March — will begin trading on the same day.

The Canadian stock market has already demonstrated a significant appetite for exposure to crypto assets. Previous exchange-traded Ethereum products led to market halts on the first day of listing, and Purpose’s Bitcoin ETF cracked $100 million in its first day of trading.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5836 on: April 16, 2021, 07:06:40 PM »
This will end just like gamestop.  Will short this into the ground one of these days
Gamestop started the year below $20 and is currently $154.69. Not doing so bad in the grand scheme of things.

i don't think Doge will burn completely like the US dollar - there are too many celebrities backing it and it has many people that believe in it. It could potentially hit $1 this year. It was 44 cents earlier today. It will go down again sure but overall I think the movement will be up.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5837 on: April 16, 2021, 07:12:54 PM »
Gamestop started the year below $20 and is currently $154.69. Not doing so bad in the grand scheme of things.

i don't think Doge will burn completely like the US dollar - there are too many celebrities backing it and it has many people that believe in it. It could potentially hit $1 this year. It was 44 cents earlier today. It will go down again sure but overall I think the movement will be up.

Then buy some at 44 cents. Its got a lot of celebrities backing it. ;D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5838 on: April 16, 2021, 08:00:09 PM »
Cardano Leader Calls Dogecoin Bubble Dangerous

Charles Hoskinson says Dogecoin prices could collapse, causing regulatory fallout for the crypto industry.

Cardano leader Charles Hoskinson has warned that Dogecoin's recent market rally could have a negative outcome.
He suggests that the Dogecoin bubble could attract attention from lawmakers and regulators if and when it bursts.
Hoskinson even promoted Cardano competitors such as Ethereum 2.0 and Algorand as strong alternatives to Dogecoin.

Hoskinson Says Prices Are Unsustainable
Continuing on from its recent price performance, Dogecoin has seen a 124% price gain over the past 24 hours. That prompted Charles Hoskinson to comment on the coin’s success.

“DOGE has always been for our industry kind of a an inside joke, a pet rock, a fun mocking cryptocurrency, and a light-hearted thing,” Hoskinson stated in a YouTube video.

He noted that Dogecoin’s price rally has largely been driven by Elon Musk’s promotion of the coin on Twitter. He added that the coin’s growth has also been driven by “market manipulation by clever whales,” possibly referring to /r/WallStreetBets, a Reddit community that has organized various investment campaigns.

Hoskinson argued that Dogecoin’s growth is not sustainable. He noted that Dogecoin does not have a stable development team, that the coin’s code is largely based on Bitcoin, and that the coin is not well-equipped to deal with security issues if one should arise.

Cardano leader Charles Hoskinson has warned that Dogecoin's recent market rally could have a negative outcome.
He suggests that the Dogecoin bubble could attract attention from lawmakers and regulators if and when it bursts.

Charles Hoskinson, creator of Cardano and CEO of IOHK, has criticized Dogecoin’s rapidly rising market value.

Hoskinson Says Prices Are Unsustainable
Continuing on from its recent price performance, Dogecoin has seen a 124% price gain over the past 24 hours. That prompted Charles Hoskinson to comment on the coin’s success.

He noted that Dogecoin’s price rally has largely been driven by Elon Musk’s promotion of the coin on Twitter. He added that the coin’s growth has also been driven by “market manipulation by clever whales,” possibly referring to /r/WallStreetBets, a Reddit community that has organized various investment campaigns.

Hoskinson argued that Dogecoin’s growth is not sustainable. He noted that Dogecoin does not have a stable development team, that the coin’s code is largely based on Bitcoin, and that the coin is not well-equipped to deal with security issues if one should arise.

Hoskinson even encouraged investors to sell their DOGE. “If you’ve made money, great, but get the hell out of it! It’s a bubble, it’s not real, there’s nothing sustainable there,” he stated.

Regulatory Fallout Is Possible
Furthermore, Hoskinson suggested that the Dogecoin bubble could mean long-term fallout for the crypto industry.

He believes that once the Dogecoin bubble bursts, there will be regulatory inquiries from bodies such as the SEC and U.S. Congress. “There will be all kinds of regulators running around saying this is proof that crypto can’t control itself,” Hoskinson speculated.

Hoskinson suggested that if this trend continues, the cryptocurrency industry will be regulated to the degree that blockchain projects will be required to get approvals similar to bank charters. Hoskinson explained: “It will be an invitation-only club controlled from the top down, and any freedom that we have managed to pull back from the legacy financial system will be lost.”

He added that, even before the bubble bursts, overly high market values could attract lawmakers and international regulators.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #5839 on: April 17, 2021, 03:35:43 AM »
Average getbiggers make millions in a day  ;D

At its peak around 2 mil

As of now around 1.5/1.6

what is the price you purchased it for?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5840 on: April 17, 2021, 10:18:34 AM »
Bitcoin is worthless so any amount of inflation makes fiat currency still worth more.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5841 on: April 17, 2021, 10:23:58 AM »
Dogcoin is gonna take a giant shit over everyone, hope you sold at the peak.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5842 on: April 17, 2021, 01:58:03 PM »

As far as I can tell he believes that 1 bitcoin is worth 0 dollars instead of 61 thousand dollars.

I guess the price listed is not the same as what he believes to be true.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5843 on: April 17, 2021, 02:14:28 PM »
As far as I can tell he believes that 1 bitcoin is worth 0 dollars instead of 61 thousand dollars.

I guess the price listed is not the same as what he believes to be true.
When you guys start withdrawing money like that let me know.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5844 on: April 17, 2021, 02:35:55 PM »
When you guys start withdrawing money like that let me know.

I know we are both using the English language and I HAVE seen those words put together in that order before yet I still haven't the slightest idea what you are trying to say.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #5845 on: April 17, 2021, 03:23:16 PM »
Bitcoin is worthless so any amount of inflation makes fiat currency still worth more.

I don't really consider myself a BTC investor but I keep an amount in there and just skim off the top. I just bought a brand new set of tires from just my BTC profits.

There are many legit reasons to shy away from BTC as an investment but every reason you have given is just demonstrably false and you continue to lose credibility. I wonder if you even followed the spot-on explanation of why BTC can't possibly be a Ponzi scene. Your lack of any coherent rebuttal other than just to say BTC is worthless, another completely absurd and provably wrong claim as goods and services are routinely traded for BTC, is another example.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5846 on: April 17, 2021, 03:31:26 PM »

Ok now you have me worried you are about to utterly wreck yourself in the coming years (even outside of crypto) by saying to exit everything and go to cash.

I have a lot of posts here on the money supply. I’ll give you foot notes because you need to understand this to protect yourself.

Consumer interest rates are driven by bond rates.

Govt debt levels and amounts of new debt are causing upward pressure on bond rates. To keep rates under control govts will purchase a portion their own bonds inline with a target interest rates.

We saw M2 increase 25% last year and this year will be larger and each year larger after that due to the huge QE program and Covid assistance packages. This is the largest on record. The result of this is in the bond market more and more buyers of bonds will ask for higher interest rates above what the US Govt is targeting therefore causing the Us Govt to purchase a greater and greater portion of their own bonds to keep rates low.

This is how monetisation begins because you can’t destroy debt you owe to yourself because it ends up evaporating from the money supply (there is no free lunch). You must pay yourself and this is going to see the money supply rip upwards at a rate of knots but it will flow into the system from the top.

In this environment we see pretty much no cost of debt for the rich and trillions being pumped into their pockets. Stocks go up. Commodities go up. Property goes up. Collectables go up. That money fed to the top stays at the top and goes only into scarce items (financial assets)  that the wealthy deem as most valuable.

Meanwhile for us plebs we get utterly wrecked in the wage inflation front because the CPI will show very little inflations vs what is going on and CPI is the core metric used for wage increases. We get wage deflation and higher unemployment because nobody will perform a job and be on struggle street when you can have no job and be better off from govt welfare. As businesses get upward cost pressure, margins get squeezed, prices eventually have to go up, volume drops, profit goes down, people are made redundant as the business has to right size to the new market. That is how the unemployment will rise.

To not own an asset of some kind will see you absolutely wrecked from currency devaluation. BTC market cap peak this year will be ballpark 5T.....from 0.125T March 2020 when the globe shut down. We are now in an environment where BTC is performing exactly how it is designed to perform. It reflects what these fuckers are doing with the money supply.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5847 on: April 17, 2021, 08:32:54 PM »
Big dump across the board tonight.

Edit. Wow!!! That was nuts  8000 dollars dump in minutes

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5848 on: April 17, 2021, 09:56:22 PM »
Big dump across the board tonight.

Edit. Wow!!! That was nuts  8000 dollars dump in minutes

Price floor 48.7k last week and dumped to 51.2k. Shows that floor level holds strong.

Coins all last week were still being pulled from exchanges, price floor goes up, pressure increases on spot price.

Apparently the sell off was due to coin base C-level team announcing a dump of all their shares..... yeah, to buy Bitcoin which would outperform the shares lol.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #5849 on: April 18, 2021, 01:01:16 AM »
$ 57,707.96