Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 769904 times)

obsidian

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #10025 on: December 08, 2023, 07:20:43 AM »
Lol - exactly. BTC is decentralized digital money / (Eth is not).

And then even if you were to compare them, BTC has 4x the market cap of Eth (and of course an even greater market than any other shit coin).
BTC currently has 2.97x the market cap of ETH. Not 4x. When you add the L2s and stable coins the lead is even less. ETH might flip BTC this bull run, for a short period. I'll admit BTC has been outpacing ETH this year, as it did in late 2017 and 2020. There's been more FUD directed at ETH. I like the underdog.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10026 on: December 08, 2023, 07:22:38 AM »
ETH is making BTC it's lil bitch right now :o
Look at Cardanzo and Solana!

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10027 on: December 08, 2023, 02:10:09 PM »
ETH is making BTC it's lil bitch right now :o

That was short lived. Only thing worse than a shitcoiner is a non coiner. Enjoy your coca cola stocks and HISA.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10028 on: December 08, 2023, 03:22:41 PM »
Folks, reminder: Don’t let the charlatans separate you from your (future) money.

There is a very high possibility that,  because we fell short in last bull market (price-wise,) we’re going to make up for it big time. This blow off top looks and sounds like it’s going to be insane.

No there isn’t. This is a repeat of last run except now it’s 500k-1M price target otherwise people won’t bother buying at 40k.

Big players buy larger bags and dump earlier than before = diminished returns.

Sky high Price targets are not on the cards at all until AFTeR we complete the interest rate cycle of higher rates. This will be Post 2030.

The ‘experts’ in 2021 were all wrong. All of them. All their newsletters got people wrecked. I know because I subscribed to shitloads and all were wrong.

Crypto ‘gurus’ are no different to Wall St, they can’t trade for shit so they sell services and make the money off fees. The trade accounts are mostly fake anyway, Demo accounts.

The good news is loads of fuckers who make millions scamming us plebs lost either all of it or the majority of their gains. I’m talking some lost 10s of millions post peak and they make out like it’s nothing. Pure gambling degenerates.

The looming question is still ‘where are all these projects in the real world?’. We are 3yrs now and all the talk of gaming last cycle I can’t see any major games adopting crypto. They all use their own in game currency for now which you buy with USD, not crypto.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10029 on: December 08, 2023, 05:34:15 PM »
No there isn’t. This is a repeat of last run except now it’s 500k-1M price target otherwise people won’t bother buying at 40k.

Big players buy larger bags and dump earlier than before = diminished returns.

Sky high Price targets are not on the cards at all until AFTeR we complete the interest rate cycle of higher rates. This will be Post 2030.

The ‘experts’ in 2021 were all wrong. All of them. All their newsletters got people wrecked. I know because I subscribed to shitloads and all were wrong.

Crypto ‘gurus’ are no different to Wall St, they can’t trade for shit so they sell services and make the money off fees. The trade accounts are mostly fake anyway, Demo accounts.

The good news is loads of fuckers who make millions scamming us plebs lost either all of it or the majority of their gains. I’m talking some lost 10s of millions post peak and they make out like it’s nothing. Pure gambling degenerates.

The looming question is still ‘where are all these projects in the real world?’. We are 3yrs now and all the talk of gaming last cycle I can’t see any major games adopting crypto. They all use their own in game currency for now which you buy with USD, not crypto.

I think you're wrong and perhaps burnt by these so called "experts". Not only  do I think btc will surpass 76k, but actually  eclipse it. End of the day who cares whether 20k, 40k, 69k short term when the likely hood of btc going to 1m+ Iong term is in play.

These big institutions, companies, UHNW individuals, countries, states, banks you speak  of will look to hold btc on their balance sheet for 5-10+ years.  People turn to trading because they have no conviction.  Why sell if you kmow it will go up for 5-10 years.

Those btc Maxi's who purchased sub 1k and degened in have conviction, they sit on 10s of millions and are down 10s of millions but are  unphased due to conviction.

Shitcoiners complain about "toxic btc maximalist culture" while they scam people out of their money. If the best they can do is complain about our attitude, we've won.

Bitcoin Maximalism is toxic to grifters, schemers and affinity scammers.

blackpele

• Getbig III
« Reply #10030 on: December 09, 2023, 08:58:17 AM »
I think you're wrong and perhaps burnt by these so called "experts". Not only  do I think btc will surpass 76k, but actually  eclipse it. End of the day who cares whether 20k, 40k, 69k short term when the likely hood of btc going to 1m+ Iong term is in play.

These big institutions, companies, UHNW individuals, countries, states, banks you speak  of will look to hold btc on their balance sheet for 5-10+ years.  People turn to trading because they have no conviction.  Why sell if you kmow it will go up for 5-10 years.

Those btc Maxi's who purchased sub 1k and degened in have conviction, they sit on 10s of millions and are down 10s of millions but are  unphased due to conviction.

Shitcoiners complain about "toxic btc maximalist culture" while they scam people out of their money. If the best they can do is complain about our attitude, we've won.

Agree 100%, I invested close to $20k in all these shitcoins and nfts in the last cycle and got wrecked, if instead I DCAed into BTC, I would have been much better, but I was chasing the higher yield like a fool....
To me the biggest threat to BTC is quantum computers, other than that I see no reason why not to go higher long term, I mean maxis are not selling, fiat is losing value as always, builders are building, etc.....
I mean if you go back 5-10yrs in coinmarketcap, you will see all these coins that are completely gone, who is to tell me that maybe apart from ETH, coins like SOL, ADA, DOT and all the others will be here in 10-20yrs down the line, but I guess that's why there is higher upside in all these projects lol......

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10031 on: December 09, 2023, 09:35:58 AM »
Agree 100%, I invested close to $20k in all these shitcoins and nfts in the last cycle and got wrecked, if instead I DCAed into BTC, I would have been much better, but I was chasing the higher yield like a fool....
To me the biggest threat to BTC is quantum computers, other than that I see no reason why not to go higher long term, I mean maxis are not selling, fiat is losing value as always, builders are building, etc.....
I mean if you go back 5-10yrs in coinmarketcap, you will see all these coins that are completely gone, who is to tell me that maybe apart from ETH, coins like SOL, ADA, DOT and all the others will be here in 10-20yrs down the line, but I guess that's why there is higher upside in all these projects lol......
Coinmarketcap makes it difficult to see 3 and 5 year gains. Where's the setting to see that?

I prefer coinranking.com. Simpler interface.

https://coinranking.com/

Doge is up 4,608% from 5 years ago. Bitcoin is up 1,188%. ETH is up 2,507%. BNB is up 5,060%

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10032 on: December 09, 2023, 11:26:43 AM »

Correct! I did get burned because they were all wrong on BTC price estimates. I still made money tho despite it.

The fact is I was -20% under on my calculated peak BTC valuation and the experts got it 10x more wrong.l than I did.

If I look at my own track record:
2021 peak estimate of 55k is -20% off
17.5k bottom I bought in at was +13% off (I went it before the drop to 15.5k)
Next peak  at 76k might be somewhat close

The good part of retail mentality is it’s repeatable. people will always want to touch the wet paint rather than listen to someone tell them it’s wet. Meaning retail will go with the higher valuations experts again and this time I am seeing 500k-1M being thrown around just like 200k was last time.

Just like last time the cycles no longer mattered yet it turns out they did. This time apparently the cycles don’t matter…… wet paint……

blackpele

• Getbig III
« Reply #10033 on: December 09, 2023, 11:33:05 AM »
Coinmarketcap makes it difficult to see 3 and 5 year gains. Where's the setting to see that?

I prefer coinranking.com. Simpler interface.

Doge is up 4,608% from 5 years ago. Bitcoin is up 1,188%. ETH is up 2,507%. BNB is up 5,060%

https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/

Go back 10yrs, January '14, the only coins that are still around apart from BTC is Doge, LTC and XRP, everything else is just gone....

https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20140105/

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10034 on: December 09, 2023, 12:04:28 PM »

Go back 10yrs, January '14, the only coins that are still around apart from BTC is Doge, LTC and XRP, everything else is just gone....

Your link only shows a snapshot of the price on that date. Where does coinmarketcap show the increase in price over 3 or 5 years? Coinranking makes this easy via a dropdown menu. That way you can gauge how projects are performing over longer periods. Coinmarketcap sucks!

Forget about that site and go here:

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10035 on: December 09, 2023, 12:08:19 PM »
Coinmarketcap can only show price increase for the past 7 days? WTF?! That's useless. How can you gauge a project's performance over such a short period? The site is useless.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10036 on: December 09, 2023, 12:10:15 PM »

Yahoo Finance's historical data is way more detailed than coinmarketcap. I see most youtube influencers refer to coinmarketcap. Why?! Coinranking is a lot more useful.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BTC-USD/history/

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #10037 on: December 09, 2023, 09:10:14 PM »
Lets cut through the chase. When BC drops to the 32 range buy.. hold it.. you'll thank me later. Should happen before Jan 30.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10038 on: December 10, 2023, 01:26:24 AM »
Nice to see some commonsense and some lessons which have been learned here. :)

Only thing worse than a shitcoiner is a non coiner.

Exactly. And the sad thing is, many shitcoiners are non coiners (or at least not yet whole coiners, which should be everyone's priority before they start dabbling in shit).

Sky high Price targets are not on the cards at all until AFTeR we complete the interest rate cycle of higher rates.

Agree. Lower rates, money printing and financial liquidity = positive for Bitcoin.

Almost none. All this alt shit really is just basically shit. The quicker most people realize the better. And even those which are not entirely shit and actually do have a use case (less than 1% of all alts) I would say, only 1% are fairly priced. Most of the very small number of "legit" alts are usually WAY overpriced for what they represent. Often 100-1000x any reasonable price that you would use in a typical VC calculation. The only alt with a legit use which is actually growing, and which is at  fair (but still not cheap) price I have found after many hours of research is Filecoin (FIL). Does not have the hype of so much shit out there, but has the best prospects of a return based on current price and usage. Go figure...

Love it. 100% agree!

Love it. And great to see some new posters spreading wisdom from lessons learned.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10039 on: December 10, 2023, 01:54:45 PM »

That's not gonna happen, but games developers are launching games on crypto platforms. IMX has over 400 games they plan to launch.

Ideally the quality of the games is what will determine if the whole thing is successful and not the fact that it has anything to do with crypto.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10040 on: December 10, 2023, 01:59:31 PM »
This recent boom was on the back of ETH spot ETF news. ETH yield could potentially be a huge draw for boomers

FOMO got me so I'm chasing  :D  Bought my first big tranche of Alts. Celestia TIA at just under $2.5 (at $2.6 now)

Up x4 in a month. Love being a lucky shit coiner

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10041 on: December 14, 2023, 04:38:30 AM »
Time to get ready to blast through 44.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10042 on: December 18, 2023, 07:49:36 AM »
Time to get ready to blast through 44.

It did look good for a  blast through, but at the time the situation with Ledger looked to put a break on that move.  It may need to go lower now before it can go higher.

ETH is also looking very bearish. It may need some of that good spot ETF moment to counter some of the FUD going around.

I'll take my lucky x5 on TIA and cash it out TAX FREE

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10043 on: December 18, 2023, 08:13:37 AM »
It did look good for a  blast through, but at the time the situation with Ledger looked to put a break on that move.  It may need to go lower now before it can go higher.

ETH is also looking very bearish. It may need some of that good spot ETF moment to counter some of the FUD going around.

I'll take my lucky x5 on TIA and cash it out TAX FREE

In the long run, BTC is unstoppable in my view.

The market often confuses matters incidental to Bitcoin with Bitcoin itself. Bitcoin doesn't give a shit about Ledger's f-up, nor any bullshit scam exchange, nor any bullshit coin that seeks some affinity with Bitcoin. In the long term, Bitcoin always prevails.

As for Eth, yes, the alt and shitcoiners are learning a lesson that last cycle's "shiny new objects", which did well coming from a very low market cap, will not perform as it did against BTC in future cycles, both because the market has sniffed out their bullshit, but also due to the larger market cap of such shitcoins. Would not surprise me at all if ETH actually underperforms BTC this cycle (far from the 5x some Eth zelots were predicting).

The dollars and cent Robin Hood alt degens, have focused their hopes on the next "shiny new object" (Solana as an example). All these alts are that absolute BS, yet they attract investors who really have no idea at all, beyond believing a BS narrative about how the latest coin will send the world.

I would keep it very simple. There is no second best Bitcoin. And there is only one Bitcoin. If investing in a alt, understand you are buying a token in an unregistered security, whose business is extremely likely to fail. (One rare exception I have found where the coin really does equate with a profit making business which is growing is Filecoin).

Further, it is very likely that once the titans of finance on Wall St have their BTC etf, they will apply huge force to ensure exchanges stop selling any kind of unregistered security. Quite possibly all will be removed from US exchanges. That really could be the plan. Remove SBF and CZ. Do the EFT with the adults in the room. And then crack down on the alts.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10044 on: December 18, 2023, 09:16:23 AM »
In the long run, BTC is unstoppable in my view.

The market often confuses matters incidental to Bitcoin with Bitcoin itself. Bitcoin doesn't give a shit about Ledger's f-up, nor any bullshit scam exchange, nor any bullshit coin that seeks some affinity with Bitcoin. In the long term, Bitcoin always prevails.

As for Eth, yes, the alt and shitcoiners are learning a lesson that last cycle's "shiny new objects", which did well coming from a very low market cap, will not perform as it did against BTC in future cycles, both because the market has sniffed out their bullshit, but also due to the larger market cap of such shitcoins. Would not surprise me at all if ETH actually underperforms BTC this cycle (far from the 5x some Eth zelots were predicting).

The dollars and cent Robin Hood alt degens, have focused their hopes on the next "shiny new object" (Solana as an example). All these alts are that absolute BS, yet they attract investors who really have no idea at all, beyond believing a BS narrative about how the latest coin will send the world.

I would keep it very simple. There is no second best Bitcoin. And there is only one Bitcoin. If investing in a alt, understand you are buying a token in an unregistered security, whose business is extremely likely to fail. (One rare exception I have found where the coin really does equate with a profit making business which is growing is Filecoin).

Further, it is very likely that once the titans of finance on Wall St have their BTC etf, they will apply huge force to ensure exchanges stop selling any kind of unregistered security. Quite possibly all will be removed from US exchanges. That really could be the plan. Remove SBF and CZ. Do the EFT with the adults in the room. And then crack down on the alts.

A consolidated Robinhood wallet has the 3rd biggest holdings of bitcoin out there ($3B). Not all bitcoin holders are maxis, some degen into alts to print multiples then roll it up into bitcoin.

Sol was already banned (labelled a security) in the US by the SEC earlier in the year and that hasn't stopped it in the last couple of months. Why fade these things in the short term? I certainly won't be cutting off my nose just to spite my face.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10045 on: December 18, 2023, 09:35:16 AM »
A consolidated Robinhood wallet has the 3rd biggest holdings of bitcoin out there ($3B). Not all bitcoin holders are maxis, some degen into alts to print multiples then roll it up into bitcoin.

Sol was already banned (labelled a security) in the US by the SEC earlier in the year and that hasn't stopped it in the last couple of months. Why fade these things in the short term? I certainly won't be cutting off my nose just to spite my face.

Yes that is true about Robinhood, although bear in mind almost all exchanges hold their BTC across multiple wallets. RH seem to hold all in one wallet for some reason.

The SEC does not need to label anything a security for it to be a security. The SEC's job is to enforce securities laws, and the laws as to what is a security are already very clear. Sol will always be Sol, regardless of what the SEC says. However, they can prosecute the founders if they are in the US, and they can ask (and indeed compel) US exchanges to delist, which would massively dent liquidity and confidence in such an "alt".

Alts are a natural enemy to Bitcoin, in that they parasite off all the goodwill and legitimacy Bitcoin has, in attempt to try to steal a little of BTC's value. Its insidious stuff which in the long term only always hurts those holding alts when the scam collapses. But yes, if you time it right (just like with any scam and Ponzi or pyramid scheme), you can "make money" which you then convert back into BTC. Basic mathematics dictate that most people will not make money, with this approach, but that a smaller number will make a lot. And of course very alt "investor" thinks they are a genius, until they are not...

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #10046 on: December 18, 2023, 10:21:07 AM »
Long time since I've participated in this thread, but for what it's worth, I've consolidated all the money I had in crypto into 2 "coins".

Hold 1 Bitcoin and a few thousand in Chainlink. That's it.

"1"

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10047 on: December 18, 2023, 10:26:47 AM »
Long time since I've participated in this thread, but for what it's worth, I've consolidated all the money I had in crypto into 2 "coins".

Hold 1 Bitcoin and a few thousand in Chainlink. That's it.

"1"

Nice - smart move. The best "alt" in my view, is one which you can sit on for a decade, and which you know has a prospect of long term survival and success. Chainlink is one of these I think.

I am 95% BTC and then a few "alts" for shits and giggles, much as I despite them. :)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #10048 on: December 18, 2023, 10:52:39 AM »
Nice - smart move. The best "alt" in my view, is one which you can sit on for a decade, and which you know has a prospect of long term survival and success. Chainlink is one of these I think.

I am 95% BTC and then a few "alts" for shits and giggles, much as I despite them. :)

Hard to resist not keeping to BTC with all the ETF talk.

Chainlink is in bed with SWIFT. For what that's worth, that's a huge partner to have and worthy of respect. Not to mention that as an oracle product, it connects everything. Has enough potential real-world function from my viewpoint.

"1"

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #10049 on: December 18, 2023, 10:59:51 AM »
Had a nice surprise a moment ago thanks to this thread.  Since I am homeless by GetBig standards I started by putting just a teensy £10k into it in 2022 - but ended up pulling some out for various reasons.  And I didn't look at it again this year since some time in January.  When I checked a moment ago, my pitiful remaining BTC 'investment' moved from ~£4800 in Jan to ~£6400 today

Zero effort LOL - sweet
T