Author Topic: Prince at halftime..  (Read 5682 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Prince at halftime..
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2007, 01:39:03 PM »
Prince was married not too long ago.  Pretty (ex) wife.  http://static.flickr.com/65/200052803_5793780f36_m.jpg

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2007, 01:46:31 PM »
  Freddie Mercury would have been great as a half time show at the SB. one of the best frontmen ever IMO. i thought Prince did a great job. he did his old stuff which is what people wanted to see. he absolutely killed it on his guitar.

That's what I was talking about. He can fucking wail on the guitar. Lot of people aern't aware how good a guitarist he is. If you can get past the funky design of his axe you can appreciate how well he plays.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2007, 02:53:49 PM »
What I saw last night looked like full blown faggotry to me.  Michael Jackson was with Lisa Marie Presley and I'm not going to make a case he's not gay out of it.  Prince is Fruity and way way to effeminate. Unless Freddie is reserected this is gayer than I ever want to see in the superbowl again... I don't have a problem with gay stuff, have gay friends, but gay things I don't really want to see right in the middle of football :-X  And that was just gay.

Prince really is not gay... oddly no one in any of his groups has EVER said he was gay... Prince is a few things though.

1. He's a black guy... black guys can wear more flamboyant outfits and hair styles, it's just the way it is.
2. He's a short dude... he's pretty waify too.
3. He comes from the early 80s era of Los Angeles music... These guys were dressing androgenously and shit... remember that "blouse" looking thing from Purple Rain?

He's not gay... he's just Prince... and Prince is a bad dude in my book... he gets more girls than anyone on this board.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2007, 03:10:49 PM »
Prince really is not gay... oddly no one in any of his groups has EVER said he was gay... Prince is a few things though.

1. He's a black guy... black guys can wear more flamboyant outfits and hair styles, it's just the way it is.
2. He's a short dude... he's pretty waify too.
3. He comes from the early 80s era of Los Angeles music... These guys were dressing androgenously and shit... remember that "blouse" looking thing from Purple Rain?

He's not gay... he's just Prince... and Prince is a bad dude in my book... he gets more girls than anyone on this board.

ha ha!! so true. people always say Prince is a wierdo or a homosexual but if you look at the girls he gets, its absolutely rediculous, straight models. im not old enough really to have seen him in when he was a huge star in his prime but i have seen him  perform and have seen the girls he gets.
  Prince did come out of the L.A scene at the same time as the glam-rock genre was taking off. they both dresses similar and both got the girls.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2007, 04:13:31 PM »
While his music may not be your cup of tea, Prince is as good as it gets if you have an admiration of musical talent.

Exactly, Prince is his own music genre. There is Rock and then there is Prince. He bridge the gap between Rock, R&B,  His 4 disc Crystal Ball album was excellent. He has toned down a lot since he is now a Jehovah's Witness.

He is know for taking one song and turning it into a 45-90 song, like he did at his press conference.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2007, 05:55:51 PM »

The man is over 50 years old and I've never heard about him having any sort of sexual encounter with another guy, but that doesn't mean it's never happened.

One thing I do know, though, is that he's boned more and hotter bitches than all of us on this board combined!  lol

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2007, 03:59:33 AM »
I didn't like him in the 80s and I don't like him now... He may not be gay, but his appearnce is gay as hell... I'd rather see something not so ah yea... gay... during football.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2007, 04:26:20 AM »
He is just a "pretty" dude. Jaime foxx had said along the lines of, "Prince is probably more prettier than many of the women you see.

And as far as I know, he is the only black man that could wear a perm right.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2007, 05:16:39 AM »
Whether he's gay or not isn't the point, it's the annoying femme mannerisms. Guys dressing in glam rock outfits in LA did not have that same Little Richard gay mannerism, which is where i think he got it. He never came from LA. It was always Minneapolis, along with the band the Time.

As far as getting trim because of these mannerisms, anyone with fame gets plenty of that. Even Billy Joel. Nothing to do with prancing around stage like Liberace. It's interesting how he usually gets a pass on those mannerisms. Personally i've never cared for the music either, or the hype about Prince, he's obviously a Hendrix wannabe.

Excerpt, re: 1981:
That same year, he gained his first exposure to the mainstream rock audience by opening a few shows for the Rolling Stones. Taking the stage in a trench coat and bikini briefs, he faced down nearly 100,000 Stones fans at the Los Angeles Coliseum, and was booed off the stage.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2007, 08:13:58 AM »
it was a good show

E
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2007, 10:34:36 AM »
Whether he's gay or not isn't the point, it's the annoying femme mannerisms. Guys dressing in glam rock outfits in LA did not have that same Little Richard gay mannerism, which is where i think he got it. He never came from LA. It was always Minneapolis, along with the band the Time.

As far as getting trim because of these mannerisms, anyone with fame gets plenty of that. Even Billy Joel. Nothing to do with prancing around stage like Liberace. It's interesting how he usually gets a pass on those mannerisms. Personally i've never cared for the music either, or the hype about Prince, he's obviously a Hendrix wannabe.

Excerpt, re: 1981:
That same year, he gained his first exposure to the mainstream rock audience by opening a few shows for the Rolling Stones. Taking the stage in a trench coat and bikini briefs, he faced down nearly 100,000 Stones fans at the Los Angeles Coliseum, and was booed off the stage.

Sounds like a ton of hate to me... You just don't like the guy... that's fine, but don't say he's gay because of it... I mean, you CAN say he's gay, but I just think you're wrong.

And while he himself is from Minnesota... It was after his move to LA that he made a real impact.