Author Topic: Serge VS Cormier - WHO WINS?  (Read 4381 times)

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
Re: Serge VS Cormier - WHO WINS?
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2007, 06:44:34 PM »
CC is destroying Jay there.

yeah he is, and jay won the arnold over chris that year.  gutler has gotten so many gifts its not even funny.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2007, 06:46:35 PM »
Has nothing to do with that. Don't put emotion where there isn't.

He lost in 2000 to a syntholed Flex after beating him at the Ironman, he lost in 2001 to Ronnie, and 2002-2005?, he lost to Jay. He had a better physique than Jay, a better back. And he made comments that they obviously were pushing Jay for some reason, he became very bitter, and then his accident. The man was known for being ones of the strongest bodybuilders, and just poof, before the accident it seemed he lost motivation. And losing to lee in Aussy did help things at all.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2007, 06:47:24 PM »
2 different chemical era.... like comparing a chevy '57 with an 2007 Z06 Corvette

Brutal bad pic vs good pic.

Which would you say is the bad pic??? Maybe you could throw your pic in the mix and show what either bodybuilder is lacking?
just push some weight!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2007, 06:49:55 PM »
Which would you say is the bad pic??? Maybe you could throw your pic in the mix and show what either bodybuilder is lacking?

hahaha. maybe for once he WONT post his picture!  :D
Z

Alex23

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2007, 06:51:58 PM »
Which would you say is the bad pic???

Go back and take a look.. I'm sure you're smart enough of a guy to realize the epic blurry bad lighting cutting the details.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2007, 07:07:43 PM »
Go back and take a look.. I'm sure you're smart enough of a guy to realize the epic blurry bad lighting cutting the details.

Well these are the closest pictures I could find of them hitting the same pose. If you have better pics feel free to post them. It's good motivation.

But isn't it interesting how a natural bodybuilder of the past could have placed favorably against the Real Deal? BTW I can't decide who wins that pose off. I think they are both great!
just push some weight!

Alex23

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2007, 07:22:54 PM »
Well these are the closest pictures I could find of them hitting the same pose. If you have better pics feel free to post them. It's good motivation.

But isn't it interesting how a natural bodybuilder of the past could have placed favorably against the Real Deal? BTW I can't decide who wins that pose off. I think they are both great!

Wasn't bashing your pics bro. Good compare.

I doubt Serge was natural :)

In fact he mentioned Teramex many times in late 70's interview  ;D

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2007, 11:54:33 PM »
i think they both have the same genetics to achieve great bodies. but as was stated, both came in different eras. i also agree with alex, serge wasnt at his best in that shot (not to mention picture quality), and chris looked 95-100% his best.

natural... hmm... maybe the word 'natural until proven user' is better, but u could say that about 99% of pros.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2007, 01:33:04 AM »
He lost in 2000 to a syntholed Flex after beating him at the Ironman, he lost in 2001 to Ronnie, and 2002-2005?, he lost to Jay. He had a better physique than Jay, a better back. And he made comments that they obviously were pushing Jay for some reason, he became very bitter, and then his accident. The man was known for being ones of the strongest bodybuilders, and just poof, before the accident it seemed he lost motivation. And losing to lee in Aussy did help things at all.

I think he had Jay's number at least once can't remember if it was 2002 or 2003. 2004 Jay was pretty small too.

With Lee's win CC complained he lost because it was judged in OZ by OZZIE's. So what about the San Fran 2002? No Aussie's judging there. I've got that video CC wasn't in the best condition, Lee was unreal.

Too many excuses there.

leannmean

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2007, 07:34:04 AM »
;D

Serge win of course. I never thought of comparing these 2 bodybuilders. Serge is a legend, a top 3 of his time and Chris is more like a top 10 best of his time at his best (when he is less than 80% of his best, I do not even give him a look). Whereas Serge whether he is at a lower weight (like 75 Olympia) or larger (72 Olympia) is a total piece of art.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2007, 07:40:26 AM »
Brutal being so black not even in sunlight can you make out any detail

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2007, 07:40:43 AM »
Cormier has like the third or fourth most pro wins among all BBs ever. To say that he was top 10 in his era is an understatement. He was in the top five of a top five that was better than any era of BB. Ronnie, Kevin, Shawn, Flex and Chris. IMHO, I only thought that Ronnie was better than him.
L

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2007, 09:31:15 AM »
Here I found a pic with more detail for you bros. I think either one could have made a terrific mr. Olympia!

Props to Chris for keeping it real and not injecting himself with any oil. That's why he should have been the top champion of the 90s.

just push some weight!

Sean-DeMarco

• Getbig III
  • "A year from now, you'll wish you started today."
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2007, 10:13:19 AM »
;D

...I like Cormier but I gotta roll with Serge on this one.~ ;D
~Sean-DeMarco

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2007, 12:53:31 AM »
that is a must better comparison of serge/cc.  could arguably give serge the nod with reason being aesthetically superior. that would set bbing in a new direction right there. but in today's bbing contest, chris would beat serge.

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2007, 01:08:55 AM »
that is a must better comparison of serge/cc.  could arguably give serge the nod with reason being aesthetically superior. that would set bbing in a new direction right there. but in today's bbing contest, chris would beat serge.
Serge Wins - But yes in todays warped bodybuilding world, they'd give Chris the nod. In fact, they'd give loads of big unshapely, un-balanced lumps the nod over him too which is just insane!!!!

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2007, 01:17:45 AM »
Serge Wins - But yes in todays warped bodybuilding world, they'd give Chris the nod. In fact, they'd give loads of big unshapely, un-balanced lumps the nod over him too which is just insane!!!!

nothing wrong with chris winning. he's got bigger legs and traps, more ripped, and still a relatively small waist. he just seems like a more complete package. serge's legs are what loses him there, for me. but his upperbody is right on part with chris'. shows how good serge was back in the day.

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2007, 01:21:52 AM »
nothing wrong with chris winning. he's got bigger legs and traps, more ripped, and still a relatively small waist. he just seems like a more complete package. serge's legs are what loses him there, for me. but his upperbody is right on part with chris'. shows how good serge was back in the day.
Funny thing is that Serge is getting back into top shape for a spring tour at age 69 and then for a guest posing at 70 years old and with Cormiers injury probs, Serge would prob beat him in a 2008 contest !!!

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2007, 01:41:28 AM »
Funny thing is that Serge is getting back into top shape for a spring tour at age 69 and then for a guest posing at 70 years old and with Cormiers injury probs, Serge would prob beat him in a 2008 contest !!!

lol that would be a sight to see!

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2007, 01:52:40 AM »
Impossible to compare Sergio worked Full Time in his early years not to mention when Sergio was in his Prime early 60s to mid 70s he was at least 25 years behind in chemical warfare imagine Sergio with 35 more pounds.

I will not give my opinion except to say Corimier is one of my modern favourites get your Tricep repaired and come Back late 08 at your all time best.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

leannmean

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2007, 06:00:07 AM »
If you compare Serge versus Robby: Black Panther versus Black Prince it will be more worth discussing. And Serge has beaten Robby. I believe CC will has to struggle even against Robby. Even if you compare Brian Bucannan against Serge or Robby, it will be more worthy. Bone Structure is one of the most deciding factor in bodybuilding supremacy. This is why Flex should be invincible in the early 90's before he ruin his health.

Hypo

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2007, 06:20:00 AM »
On those pics CC own Serge, it's not even funny.

How can you say Serge is better than Chris in those shots? Cormier's structure is one of the best out there, he totally out-muscles Serge and has a tight waist and better conditioning?

Serge has a great physique, but it's like saying Arnold could come back and take the Olympia. If CC came into any show like that, and had have been consistent like he was in the GPs, he would've walked away with a few Sandows.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2007, 07:47:18 AM »
Impossible to compare Sergio worked Full Time in his early years not to mention when Sergio was in his Prime early 60s to mid 70s he was at least 25 years behind in chemical warfare imagine Sergio with 35 more pounds.

I will not give my opinion except to say Corimier is one of my modern favourites get your Tricep repaired and come Back late 08 at your all time best.

Actually it is quite the opposite. Serge had all the time in the world to train and would train up to 5 hours a day. He was set financially from his family. He would even spend something like 250 franks just on horse meat every day!
just push some weight!

leannmean

• Getbig II
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2007, 07:47:35 AM »
On those pics CC own Serge, it's not even funny.

How can you say Serge is better than Chris in those shots? Cormier's structure is one of the best out there, he totally out-muscles Serge and has a tight waist and better conditioning?

Serge has a great physique, but it's like saying Arnold could come back and take the Olympia. If CC came into any show like that, and had have been consistent like he was in the GPs, he would've walked away with a few Sandows.

I dunno. No offence CC just do not have the type of structure that will make people say wow at the first look. Just my biased opinion. They also belong to different eras where the chemical factor and physique proportion ideals which make a pic to pic comparsion meaningless (every decade will produce a new chemical standards and physique standard ideals). Like you compare Arnold in 1975 against Wolf 2007 (you cannot say oh in the pics Wolf got better delts, legs than Arnold and is hence the better bodybuilder), or you compare Zane against Flex Wheeler.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2007, 09:35:03 AM »
The Beef is a big fan of the ebony male physique.

The Beef ain't ever living that shit down . . .

The Beef