Author Topic: Superbowl Sunday - Halftime antics and show  (Read 11939 times)

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
Re: Superbowl halftime hijinks. AMAZING
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2012, 09:42:57 AM »
Privileged half German bitch never worked for anything in her life.  South American class at its' finest.
i believe she is all kraut

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2012, 09:54:03 AM »
My hometown did a hell of a job for the whole week. Many analysts have remarked that this was the best super bowl every. They said this before the game. You could walk the whole NFL experience and all the extra super bowl sites in one mile of walking. Halftime was killer, not a huge Madonna fan but what a show! You will see it come back to Indy within 10 yrs.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2012, 09:58:47 AM »
My hometown did a hell of a job for the whole week. Many analysts have remarked that this was the best super bowl every. They said this before the game. You could walk the whole NFL experience and all the extra super bowl sites in one mile of walking. Halftime was killer, not a huge Madonna fan but what a show! You will see it come back to Indy within 10 yrs.

do ya ever see peyton around town?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2012, 10:04:23 AM »

Once Los Angeles FINALLY gets stadium built .... We might get superbowl every other year

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2012, 10:11:54 AM »
do ya ever see peyton around town?

Not much, he is probably one of the more private high profile sports player there is. Very few people even knew him and his wife was expecting until he made an apperance for the media with the twins. Not that he is a dick, I think it is more to protect his family. I have seen most of the other players, some several times. Only seen Payton 2x. Indy is a small city for the population so everyone hangs as a lot of the same places.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2012, 10:12:54 AM »

Once Los Angeles FINALLY gets stadium built .... We might get superbowl every other year

They should put it by Southbay. I love that area.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2012, 10:17:28 AM »
They should put it by Southbay. I love that area.

yea i stay in burbank, work in santa monica

have to travel the grinding 10fwy + 110frwy + 5 frwy fucking brutal

if its not Laker traffic, its clipper traffic, USC FOOTBALL or concert or dodgers, and convention center traffic, or nokia tv/concert traffic, or your every day run of them mill after work heavy traffic

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2012, 10:21:37 AM »
yea i stay in burbank, work in santa monica

have to travel the grinding 10fwy + 110frwy + 5 frwy fucking brutal

if its not Laker traffic, its clipper traffic, USC FOOTBALL or concert or dodgers, and convention center traffic, or nokia tv/concert traffic, or your every day run of them mill after work heavy traffic

How long is your commute usually for how many miles? I am seriously thinking about moving there.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2012, 10:29:56 AM »
Lol, but no.  Indy got it the same reason Houston got it and Dallas got it . because they built a new stadium and it was in the clause of building one.

If San Diego and LA both get new stadiums the rotations would be Miami, SD, LA and NO.  They would throw in other teams if they build new stadiums.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2012, 10:32:29 AM »
How long is your commute usually for how many miles? I am seriously thinking about moving there.

burbank to santa monica i leave home at 5:45 takes me 15min , leave after 6am on the dot your in traffice for 45 leave anything past 6:30am and it can be anything from 1 hour 30min to 2 hours.

Santa Monica to burbank at 5:00pm takes 2 hours to 2 and half hours... its fucking brutal ... its literally bumper to bumper the whole way thru,

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2012, 10:34:45 AM »
burbank to santa monica i leave home at 5:45 takes me 15min , leave after 6am on the dot your in traffice for 45 leave anything past 6:30am and it can be anything from 1 hour 30min to 2 hours.

Santa Monica to burbank at 5:00pm takes 2 hours to 2 and half hours... its fucking brutal ... its literally bumper to bumper the whole way thru,

Fucking love LA but the traffic is the shittiest in the world.  Perpetual traffic jams.  I hit a traffic jam at fucking midnight once.  What the fuck.  Love living south closer to the border.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2012, 10:57:06 AM »
i was hoping Mick Foley would make an appearance and go crashing through the stage.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2012, 11:11:43 AM »
Lol, but no.  Indy got it the same reason Houston got it and Dallas got it . because they built a new stadium and it was in the clause of building one.

If San Diego and LA both get new stadiums the rotations would be Miami, SD, LA and NO.  They would throw in other teams if they build new stadiums.

That may be the reason they got this first one, I am not arguing that. It won't be the reason they will get the next one. I am saying because of the great job the city did they will get another when competing with the likes larger cities.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2012, 11:28:53 AM »
  The Internet is all abuzz about how M.I.A. flipped off the crowd during her performance. No big deal, IMO.

Purge_WTF

There's something sexy about black chicks with British accents.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2012, 11:38:09 AM »
  The Internet is all abuzz about how M.I.A. flipped off the crowd during her performance. No big deal, IMO.

Maybe she was making an "I" geture for Indianapolis?

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2012, 11:42:35 AM »
i saw the attempt to block it live, but didnt notice her flipping the bird, i really thought they were trying to blur the image when she pulled aside her towel to reveal her snatch to the camera

but she had a triple that night, showed the crotch (kinda), flipped the bird, and said "i dont give a shit"

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
  There's something sexy about black chicks with British accents.
She's from Tamil. Not Black/African.
Just a nice complexion.  :)

Nails

• Getbig V
i saw the attempt to block it live, but didnt notice her flipping the bird, i really thought they were trying to blur the image when she pulled aside her towel to reveal her snatch to the camera

but she had a triple that night, showed the crotch (kinda), flipped the bird, and said "i dont give a shit"

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Morons here know absolutely nothing about MIA and her political activism.  They also do not understand the lyrics of her songs which actually do have meaning.

The song is a denouement following stereotypical perceptions of immigrants, violence and M.I.A.'s own visa troubles while recording her second album. She said in an interview "I was having this stupid visa problem and I didn’t know what it was, aside from them thinking that I might [sic] fly a plane into the Trade Center—which is the only reason that they would put me through this...". She chose to do the song's famous chorus in sound effects rather than in full spoken word and recorded children singing the words, saying listeners could interpret the song's protagonist as being anyone from street hustlers to gun-selling corporations. "Paper Planes" was made available for download in August 2007 and released as the album's third single by XL Recordings and Interscope Records on February 11, 2008.
The song includes a sample of "Straight to Hell" by The Clash. "Paper Planes" is a downtempo rap song ballad, with a folk style melody considered less dance influenced than the other songs of the album. The song has been widely acclaimed among music critics, who complimented the song's music direction, sample and lyrics, reaffirming that the song continued M.I.A.'s political dance revolution in music. The EP Paper Planes - Homeland Security Remixes was released with the single simultaneously. "Paper Planes" appeared in the film trailer for the film Pineapple Express which greatly increased its popularity in North America. It was also featured in the trailer for the documentary Capitalism: A Love Story and two versions of the song were featured in the film Slumdog Millionaire and its soundtrack in 2008. Achieving much commercial success, the song peaked in the top 20 in some countries in Europe, Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States, where it reached the top ten of seven Billboard charts and peaked at number four on the Billboard Hot 100. "Paper Planes" is M.I.A.'s first top 20 record in the UK and her latest top ten hit in Canada after "Boyz". It reached two positions higher than "Boyz" to top the Billboard Hot Dance Singles Sales chart. The song charted in numerous other countries worldwide and is to date XL Recordings' best selling single. "Paper Planes" has been certified three times Platinum by the Music Canada (CRIA) in Canada and the Recording Industry Association of America in the US, where as of November 2011, it is ranked the 59th most downloaded song in the digital era, and has been certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of New Zealand in New Zealand. By November 2011 the song had sold 3.6 million copies in the US, becoming the seventh best-selling song by a British artist in the digital era.
On 3 December 2008, the song was nominated for the Record of the Year at the 51st Grammy Awards. It was sampled in rappers T.I. and Jay-Z's single "Swagga Like Us". She gave a well received performance of this song and "Paper Planes" at the Grammy ceremony on the night she expected her first son's birth. Several publications ranked "Paper Planes" as one of the best songs of the year and of all-time. Its release is ranked number 50 in The Guardian's list of the 50 key events in the history of world and folk music, praising it for having turned globalisation inside out.[1] An accompanying music video for the song was directed by Bernard Gourley and it was filmed in New York, U.S.. The video showed M.I.A. walking and dancing with friends along the streets of the city and paper planes flying overhead. M.I.A. sells sandwiches from a van to several other New Yorkers. Critics praised the video for being simple and perfect for the themes of the song. M.I.A. performed the song at several shows including the Late Show with David Letterman and added the song to her setlists of her second and third major concert tours, Kala Tour and People vs. Money Tour, where it was well appreciated by fans.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2012, 11:49:47 AM »
really, they should inclide things in the contract like "if you flip the bird, cuss, or show your snatch, you get sude for $50 million.

unless it's planned of course.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Paper Planes:

The track stems slightly from M.I.A.'s family history and from M.I.A.'s own frustration at American government visits to her official website following the release of her debut album Arular in 2005, a refusal to grant her a work visa to record her second album in the US in 2006 despite several previous travels to the country before and after her debut album's release, coupled with her brief presence on the US Homeland Security Risk List in 2006 due to her politically charged lyrics.[6] M.I.A. has openly discussed the origin of the song, saying "I was thinking about living [in Bed-Stuy], waking up every morning—it’s such an African neighborhood. I was going to get patties at my local and just thinking that really the worst thing that anyone can say [to someone these days] is some shit like: ”What I wanna do is come and get your money.” People don’t really feel like immigrants or refugees contribute to culture in any way. That they’re just leeches that suck from whatever. So in the song I say "All I wanna do is [sound of gun shooting and reloading, cash register opening] and take your money." I did it in sound effects. It’s up to you how you want to interpret. America is so obsessed with money, I’m sure they’ll get it."[5]

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
About the sound of gunshots in the chorus — “If you’re an immigrant you left somewhere and most of the time you fled a war. Gun sounds are a part of our culture as an everyday thing. If you’ve been exposed to gunfights and violence and bombs and war then I can use those sounds backing my thoughts, ya know? Look, I’ve been shot at so I’m quite comfortable with gunshot sounds. If you have a problem with it, go and talk to the people who were shooting at me.”
Asked about its relation to paper planes and the lyric —“I fly like paper, get high like planes/ if you catch me at the border I got visas in my name/ if you come around here I make ‘em all day” — “We make our own visas [...] A paper plane is the visa itself."
- M.I.A. talking to The Daily Beast about "Paper Planes".[7]

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
I am not surprised that most things fly well over most Getbigger`s heads.

"Paper Planes" was written and produced by M.I.A. and Diplo with additional production by Switch. It was recorded at the artist's home in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn and in London where it includes kids from Brixton singing on the chorus; the song was one of the last written for Kala, recorded soon after she regained entry to the U.S..[3][4][5] The track stems slightly from M.I.A.'s family history and from M.I.A.'s own frustration at American government visits to her official website following the release of her debut album Arular in 2005, a refusal to grant her a work visa to record her second album in the US in 2006 despite several previous travels to the country before and after her debut album's release, coupled with her brief presence on the US Homeland Security Risk List in 2006 due to her politically charged lyrics.[6] M.I.A. has openly discussed the origin of the song, saying "I was thinking about living [in Bed-Stuy], waking up every morning—it’s such an African neighborhood. I was going to get patties at my local and just thinking that really the worst thing that anyone can say [to someone these days] is some shit like: ”What I wanna do is come and get your money.” People don’t really feel like immigrants or refugees contribute to culture in any way. That they’re just leeches that suck from whatever. So in the song I say "All I wanna do is [sound of gun shooting and reloading, cash register opening] and take your money." I did it in sound effects. It’s up to you how you want to interpret. America is so obsessed with money, I’m sure they’ll get it."[5]

She added that she felt that listeners could interpret the gunshots and cash register ringing in the song's chorus as coming from any gun-toter, telling an interviewer "You can either apply it on a street level and go, oh, you’re talking about somebody robbing you and saying I’m going to take your money. But, really, it could be a much bigger idea: someone’s selling you guns and making money. Selling weapons and the companies that manufacture guns — that’s probably the biggest moneymaker in the world."[4] Acknowledging that her heavily politicized lyrics in all of her compositions were "a bit of a jump for people", she told Carolyn E. Davis of MTV in April 2005 that not talking about her experiences would disqualify her as an artist, noting that "the other point I was making referencing the violence I had seen in Sri Lanka is, if we're going to invest so much money in creating wars around the world, that's quite a given thing. If you've seen somebody get shot and if you've seen a bomb go off, then you've given me total access to talk about it — because you've made that a part of my life. I didn't ask for nobody to bomb my school, but if they did, I would have the right to talk about it. And if people are uncomfortable, then they should think twice before they go off and hit random buildings."[8] M.I.A has expressed surprise at the song's wide commercial success, telling Rolling Stone in October 2008, "I always took pride in being a little underground — it really is a very unlikely record to cross over."[9]

Twaddle

• Getbig V
Morons here know absolutely nothing about MIA and her political activism.  They also do not understand the lyrics of her songs which actually do have meaning.

The song is a denouement following stereotypical perceptions of immigrants, violence and M.I.A.'s own visa troubles while recording her second album. She said in an interview "I was having this stupid visa problem and I didn’t know what it was, aside from them thinking that I might [sic] fly a plane into the Trade Center—which is the only reason that they would put me through this...". She chose to do the song's famous chorus in sound effects rather than in full spoken word and recorded children singing the words, saying listeners could interpret the song's protagonist as being anyone from street hustlers to gun-selling corporations. "Paper Planes" was made available for download in August 2007 and released as the album's third single by XL Recordings and Interscope Records on February 11, 2008.
The song includes a sample of "Straight to Hell" by The Clash. "Paper Planes" is a downtempo rap song ballad, with a folk style melody considered less dance influenced than the other songs of the album. The song has been widely acclaimed among music critics, who complimented the song's music direction, sample and lyrics, reaffirming that the song continued M.I.A.'s political dance revolution in music. The EP Paper Planes - Homeland Security Remixes was released with the single simultaneously. "Paper Planes" appeared in the film trailer for the film Pineapple Express which greatly increased its popularity in North America. It was also featured in the trailer for the documentary Capitalism: A Love Story and two versions of the song were featured in the film Slumdog Millionaire and its soundtrack in 2008. Achieving much commercial success, the song peaked in the top 20 in some countries in Europe, Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States, where it reached the top ten of seven Billboard charts and peaked at number four on the Billboard Hot 100. "Paper Planes" is M.I.A.'s first top 20 record in the UK and her latest top ten hit in Canada after "Boyz". It reached two positions higher than "Boyz" to top the Billboard Hot Dance Singles Sales chart. The song charted in numerous other countries worldwide and is to date XL Recordings' best selling single. "Paper Planes" has been certified three times Platinum by the Music Canada (CRIA) in Canada and the Recording Industry Association of America in the US, where as of November 2011, it is ranked the 59th most downloaded song in the digital era, and has been certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of New Zealand in New Zealand. By November 2011 the song had sold 3.6 million copies in the US, becoming the seventh best-selling song by a British artist in the digital era.
On 3 December 2008, the song was nominated for the Record of the Year at the 51st Grammy Awards. It was sampled in rappers T.I. and Jay-Z's single "Swagga Like Us". She gave a well received performance of this song and "Paper Planes" at the Grammy ceremony on the night she expected her first son's birth. Several publications ranked "Paper Planes" as one of the best songs of the year and of all-time. Its release is ranked number 50 in The Guardian's list of the 50 key events in the history of world and folk music, praising it for having turned globalisation inside out.[1] An accompanying music video for the song was directed by Bernard Gourley and it was filmed in New York, U.S.. The video showed M.I.A. walking and dancing with friends along the streets of the city and paper planes flying overhead. M.I.A. sells sandwiches from a van to several other New Yorkers. Critics praised the video for being simple and perfect for the themes of the song. M.I.A. performed the song at several shows including the Late Show with David Letterman and added the song to her setlists of her second and third major concert tours, Kala Tour and People vs. Money Tour, where it was well appreciated by fans.

You are now one with the cut and paste.