Author Topic: Mods for the MMA Board -  (Read 22909 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Mods for the MMA Board -
« on: September 22, 2008, 10:29:52 AM »

It is time to get back mods for this board, ones that will do the job, regardless of whether or not you like them or not.

Who are the fairest that can be mods...

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Mods for the MMA Board -
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 10:33:20 AM »
Chutebox, Mindspin, Sincity.............IMO.
Straight down the center with those guys.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 10:43:38 AM »
I'd be happy to throw my name in the mix.
Predictions
 40/61

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 11:02:07 AM »

Bluto did a good job too.  After I analyzed it all, so I need fairness.

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 11:12:00 AM »
Looks like MS is already knighted. I think Sin should be reinstated, and a vote between Blutes and CB. I think CB has some awesome knowledge that a majority of the time isn't cut and paste. Plus, he is trains hella, and has a grip of respect from me.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 11:41:09 AM »
Bluto did a good job too.  After I analyzed it all, so I need fairness.

i am with chaos

bluto does a bit of work - mostly cut and paste

but stirs too much shit for shits sake, he would have to grow up alot

all the other guys chaos picked play it straight
T

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 11:49:07 AM »

I agree,  plz Ron don't give bluto mod status again, he's already annoying enough on the G & O board.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 12:17:24 PM »
I agree,  plz Ron don't give bluto mod status again, he's already annoying enough on the G & O board.

Agreed, time and time again, the vast majority has spoken against Bluto being Mod of this board, besides his plate is already full with the 3 other boards that he moderates.

Ron, listen to what the members are saying and go with ChuteBoxe or SinCity, as a HUGE fan of MMA/Boxing, you have my word that these two know 10X the amount about the sport than Bluto.

Reign Down

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • http://www.sickipedia.org/
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 01:05:41 PM »
Bluto does not know enough.

He does cut and paste but the guys who really know their stuff should mod, it makes sense
Ta ta nerds!

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 02:09:49 PM »
It is time to get back mods for this board, ones that will do the job, regardless of whether or not you like them or not.

Who are the fairest that can be mods...

I'll do it.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 02:26:17 PM »
You don't need to be an MMA encyclopedia to mod this place.  You need to be here enough to keep an eye on it.  And you need to be fair about any changes made. 

That said, Chute, Sin & Bluto are all good candidates.  I know some of you don't like Bluto, but he does contribute a lot and he is here all the time.  And just because his opinion may differ from yours, doesn't mean that he is stirring shit up. 
w

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 02:43:26 PM »
You don't need to be an MMA encyclopedia to mod this place.  You need to be here enough to keep an eye on it.  And you need to be fair about any changes made. 

That said, Chute, Sin & Bluto are all good candidates.  I know some of you don't like Bluto, but he does contribute a lot and he is here all the time.  And just because his opinion may differ from yours, doesn't mean that he is stirring shit up. 
That being said, how can people enjoy a board if they feel a mod is always trying to start shit?
Seems alot of times someone will disagree just to disagree.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 03:28:41 PM »
That being said, how can people enjoy a board if they feel a mod is always trying to start shit?
Seems alot of times someone will disagree just to disagree.

As far as I know, the sole purpose of a board is to exchange & discuss opinions/ideas.  If Bluto thinks that Fedor is overrated and he wants to start a threat about it, there's nothing wrong with that.  If, on the other hand, he starts a thread or makes a post where he insults another board member, then we have a problem...
w

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 03:02:24 AM »

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 03:14:21 AM »

thirded ;)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 06:24:30 AM »
Thanks for the support from everyone in this thread. This board is the sole reason that I come to Getbig. If I get the job, you know I won't let you fellas down. My vote is for Chutebox as well. He helped me get the job and he did a damn god job. I never saw him be unfair and I know he enjoyed modding here. Ron bring the Trifecta!

Journeyman

• Getbig II
  • BIGGER STRONGER FASTER!
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 05:16:02 PM »
JOURNEYMAN
Journeyman

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 09:17:51 PM »
thirded ;)

+4

In the end we need a mod(s) we respect and can act like an adult in a room full of kids. I don't want a mod who melts down and sends me a torrent of  PM's  just because I disagreed with him on the board. I'm sure TheIronwarrior would agree since he has been on the receiving end as well. That type of behavior is reprehensible,

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 02:52:38 AM »
I think Chute, Mind, SCSG and Thin Lizzy are good candidates. 

IronFan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 05:17:12 AM »
Apply the Fedor test:  Anyone who says he's not the best, or criticizes his beliefs, should be DQ'd.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 08:05:13 AM »

+4

In the end we need a mod(s) we respect and can act like an adult in a room full of kids. I don't want a mod who melts down and sends me a torrent of  PM's  just because I disagreed with him on the board. I'm sure TheIronwarrior would agree since he has been on the receiving end as well. That type of behavior is reprehensible,

X5 Chuteboxe, SinCity, Mindspin.

Ron, this combination will at least make the board reputable.

Please remember also that Boxing discussion is supposed to be here to stay as well, and the threads should not be moved.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 08:19:25 AM »
X5 Chuteboxe, SinCity, Mindspin.

Ron, this combination will at least make the board reputable.

Please remember also that Boxing discussion is supposed to be here to stay as well, and the threads should not be moved.

Yeah Ron can we add boxing to the name of this board? Or maybe call it the FULL CONTACT board? Just an idea.. ???  I guess with the right Mods we will not have to worry about boxing threads being moved.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 08:44:53 AM »
Empty cans rattle the most.
Z

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2008, 09:03:31 AM »
Empty cans rattle the most.
Again, you come in here with these vague statements. These "empty cans" are the lifeblood of this board.

When have you ever come up with an original thread? All you can do is come in here, post a quick cut-and-paste topic, then run back to the G&O board, and troll it up for 5 or 6 hours.

And when you do try to come up with your own ideas for Topics they just magnify your ignorance of the sport 10 fold.

You aren't mature enough to run this board. This board will never be taken serious with you running it.

Do you think this is all some big conspiracy to keep you out? We just want a decent place to discuss MMA/Boxing. Nothing more, nothing less.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 09:11:32 AM »
Again, you come in here with these vague statements. These "empty cans" are the lifeblood of this board.

When have you ever come up with an original thread? All you can do is come in here, post a quick cut-and-paste topic, then run back to the G&O board, and troll it up for 5 or 6 hours.

And when you do try to come up with your own ideas for Topics they just magnify your ignorance of the sport 10 fold.

You aren't mature enough to run this board. This board will never be taken serious with you running it.

Do you think this is all some big conspiracy to keep you out? We just want a decent place to discuss MMA/Boxing. Nothing more, nothing less.

I was going to avoid speaking on his comment, but I don't understand why he would make this comment other then out of pure disrespect. This board doesn't need comments like this.