Author Topic: CAT NIP  (Read 2139 times)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
CAT NIP
« on: November 09, 2007, 11:39:14 AM »
  WTF is in CAT NIP and why does it make my cat act like she's on crack? What a mistake that was giving that shit to her!!  :o  I am a first time cat owner and I had no idea. My sister told me to give it to her that "they like that stuff it's good for them"  >:(  it was funny for awhile but she was  really getting on my nerves...I put it all down inside her scratcher thingy and put a big pile in a bowl and put it out with her food and she ate it..That's what I thought it was..just a treat but she went nuts...WTF is it? Is that normal? or does my cat have mental problems?I am serious ..I guess I am ignorant but I don't know anything about this stuff.....I am considering eating a bowl of it to see if it gives me that kind of energy(jk)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: CAT NIP
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 12:08:37 PM »
hahaha   ;D

My cat loves the stuff.  He is so lazy, he hardly moves for anything, but you get out some catnip, and he's all over the place. 
His pupils get dialated like he's high too.   :D

:)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 12:45:32 PM »
hahaha   ;D

My cat loves the stuff.  He is so lazy, he hardly moves for anything, but you get out some catnip, and he's all over the place. 
His pupils get dialated like he's high too.   :D

I was lying on the couch and she was flying all over the place bouncing off the furniture. I was like WTF?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 12:48:45 PM »
I was lying on the couch and she was flying all over the place bouncing off the furniture. I was like WTF?
Maybe you gave her too much?  Is she OK now?
R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 02:15:45 PM »
  WTF is in CAT NIP and why does it make my cat act like she's on crack?

I think that's what it is  ;D  Crack for cats.  It's harmless, but I'm not sure at what quantity.  I think I have some growing in my garden  ???  called cat mint.
:

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 02:19:48 PM »
Maybe you gave her too much?  Is she OK now?

yeah..she has gone back to her "spot" on the top corner of the couch where she can look out the window..she just started  her 12  :) hour nap. ..I think she crashed from the speed now

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 02:35:01 PM »
   yeah..she has gone back to her "spot" on the top corner of the couch where she can look out the window..she just started  her 12  :) hour nap. ..I think she crashed from the speed now
I dated a guy who said growing up his family had a raccoon for a pet and it got into his Uncle's cocaine and freaked out and died :(

R

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 02:40:19 PM »
I dated a guy who said growing up his family had a raccoon for a pet and it got into his Uncle's cocaine and freaked out and died :(

I really didn't know it would wind them up.. :-[  I let her eat a big pile of it. She is an indoor cat and has never been allowed to roam outside since I found her...I just thought she like it cause it was like grass or something. I never had a cat before last summer when I found her. She was small enough to almost fit in one hand.I found her outside my dad's garage during a thunderstorm. They live in a housing addition and I thought it probably belonged to a neighbor brat kid so I took it home. Next day asked all the neighbors and nobody had a clue and nobody would take her so now I have a cat. :-\

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 03:05:51 PM »
Catnip affects the pheromone receptors in domestic cats and some wild species of cats (Cheetahs and catnip are a trip).  Only like 2/3 to 3/4 of the cat species are susceptable to the effects of catnip.  If I remmber right, cats from Australia generally aren't because they have a relatively closed genetic pool. 

It is harmless as far as we know as long as the stoned cat doesn't roll down the steps into the basement (it happened to my neighbors cat when I lived in Ohio). 

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 05:27:44 AM »

So it's legal for cats to get high, but not people   ::)

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 10:17:14 AM »
  So it's legal for cats to get high, but not people   ::)
I was thinking the same thing  >:(................ I want human nip ;D

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 06:14:15 AM »
  I wonder what would happen if you just ate  a big bowl of catnip? :-\ would it make you all speed buzz'n?  What if you smoked it? It is pretty dry. I hate smoke so I couldn't if I wanted to. One of you should try it and let us know. ;D

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 06:56:44 AM »
  I wonder what would happen if you just ate  a big bowl of catnip? :-\ would it make you all speed buzz'n?  What if you smoked it? It is pretty dry. I hate smoke so I couldn't if I wanted to. One of you should try it and let us know. ;D

it won't do anything but give you a headache. 

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 09:21:30 AM »
it won't do anything but give you a headache. 

that sucks..thought maybe I had stumbled onto some dirt cheap speed. ..lol   ;D

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 03:58:23 PM »

that sucks..thought maybe I had stumbled onto some dirt cheap speed. ..lol   ;D

Two tablesspoons of raw nutmeg in your cheek like dip.  swallow the spit or use 4 tablespoons and brew a dark tea with it.    Then post on the LSD like effects.  ;D  ;)