Author Topic: The Ting Tings Suck  (Read 1275 times)

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
The Ting Tings Suck
« on: August 02, 2009, 08:31:48 AM »
Another example of the music industry peddling utter garbage.  It shouldn't even be called the "music" industry anymore.
(

Bast175

Re: The Ting Tings Suck
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 08:33:32 AM »
lighten up

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 08:37:40 AM »
(

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 10:40:19 AM »

Interesting that a majority of your posts are about music...and your hatred for "Pop" of the current day.

Do you like anything that's out there? Matchbox 20/Rob Thomas, All-American Rejects, David Cook, Green Day, or Shinedown?

What about other genres of our current time?

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 10:42:53 AM »
Who the fuck are the ting tings?

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 10:47:47 AM »
"Shut up and let me go" and "That's not my name", etc. Pretty un-musical as music goes.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 10:52:01 AM »
catchy songs, wrote and played by them selves.... got to give them that at least!

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 11:01:58 AM »
"Shut up and let me go" and "That's not my name", etc. Pretty un-musical as music goes.

About 8-10 "songs" in the industry today are not musical. The remaining 2 are usually so edited, using overdubs galore, spliced together (more than one take...today's music includes performances taken in the studio over a period of weeks...not one day or even a few hours apart), computerized instruments or not even the claimed artist; that it's hard to even call those songs genuine.
I talked to one guy that said the "Welcome To The Jungle" album by GnR did not contain a lick played by Slash. Slash was so loaded at the time, he couldn't get out of the corner of the studio, so they had to have another guy record his parts. Slash may be a talented player, but not during that time. He used his record contract advance for something a bit edgier than recording tape.
Another story is about Beyonce and how she can't sing more than a few words within the given melody, and her takes are spliced together using 20+ takes of one song.