Author Topic: Warren Buffet - Hypocrite  (Read 8876 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Warren Buffet - Hypocrite
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 11:51:29 AM »

If Buffet a credible person when it comes to economic policy.

Yes or no?

Not any more - he is conflicted beyond repair now with his BOA, GS, and other nonsense of the last year.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 12:02:29 PM »
Not any more - he is conflicted beyond repair now with his BOA, GS, and other nonsense of the last year.   

So all those threads you posted where Buffet was trashing Obama -

Buffet, someone you admit as not credible...

WHy did you post from a thread you don't consider credible?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 12:10:28 PM »
So all those threads you posted where Buffet was trashing Obama -

Buffet, someone you admit as not credible...

WHy did you post from a thread you don't consider credible?

To show the idiocy of your messiah and the lack of leadership, message, program, etc.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 12:13:17 PM »
To show the idiocy of your messiah and the lack of leadership, message, program, etc.

Do you often choose to post articles from sources (that you consider to be not credible), just as long as they make obama look bad?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2011, 12:22:35 PM »
Additionally -

LOL @ message board warriors and lifetime GOP legislators - telling americans they know MORE about creating jobs and succeeding in business than WARREN BUFFET.

He's the second richest man in the world and expels more business knowledge taking a shit than Paul Ryan delivers in a year.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2011, 12:32:02 PM »
The US has a much greater SPENDING problem than it does a taxing problem.  Due to tax loopholes and the various ways in which the very wealthy accumulate their wealth, higher taxes would mean very little to them in the long run.  Buffet's plea sounds more pluralistic than an actual solution to the US debt problem.

Then again, more tax income just means another endowment to some company to create electric batteries for electric cars that don't exist.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2011, 12:36:09 PM »
Additionally -

LOL @ message board warriors and lifetime GOP legislators - telling americans they know MORE about creating jobs and succeeding in business than WARREN BUFFET.

He's the second richest man in the world and expels more business knowledge taking a shit than Paul Ryan delivers in a year.

::)

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2011, 01:12:35 PM »
Surprise, surprise, ol' Uncle Warren is a giant tax cheat. Who didn't see that coming?

This guy has made a career out of tax dodging and now he has the gall to demand that others pay more (while he dumps all his money into charities because he KNOWS the govt. will just waste it). Sounds like someone in the twilight of their life trying to secure their legacy.

thats exactly what he'd doing.  and it's working.  I am a CPA and tax practitioner and it's amazing the shit i see on the news regarding taxes that is just flat out wrong.   The average American doesn't understand what they're reading and are lied to on a continuous basis by biased reporters whose sole job it is to spoon feed mindless lemmings what they want to hear.  disgusting.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2011, 01:23:37 PM »

Yes or no?

he may be.  i don't know.  i do know that he obviously doesn't understand tax.  just because someone is wealthy doesn't mean that they know how to fix our current deficit.   

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2011, 03:43:35 PM »
G

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2011, 03:53:55 PM »
thats exactly what he'd doing.  and it's working.  I am a CPA and tax practitioner and it's amazing the shit i see on the news regarding taxes that is just flat out wrong.   The average American doesn't understand what they're reading and are lied to on a continuous basis by biased reporters whose sole job it is to spoon feed mindless lemmings what they want to hear.  disgusting.

Thank you.  I've been saying the same thing.  It's alarming how much blatant misinformation the media lets Obama get away with. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2011, 04:12:15 PM »

Well said. This is just class warfare and political posturing by Obama. He knows it's going to get shot down but he doesn't care. It's all about securing another 4 years.

Everyone should be paying the same rate. We're all American citizens and if I'm not mistaken, we're all supposed to be equal. Since when did equality entail paying more than someone else?  ::)

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2011, 04:34:53 PM »

Yes or no?

Yes.  Why wouldn't he be?  He has proved that he can run an extremely profitable holding company, evidenced by Berkshire Hathaway's 20% annual return in the past 40 years.  (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkshire_Hathaway)  Buffet is fiscally conservative and frugal (he still lives in the Omaha home that he bought for $31,500 back in the 50's or 60's - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Buffett) and while he knows how to make money, he isn't afraid to give money to others in need.  (Buffet has pledged to give away the majority of his wealth and has already committed a big chunk of his billions to charity.)  Buffet is old enough to have seen the years back when the top tax rate was 50%, and he still made great money after paying his taxes.  

There is no reason for our country to have a wealth disparity equal to Rwanda and other 3rd world countries.  (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/sep/18/bronx-manhattan-us-wealth-divide)  When the top 400 richest Americans have the same amount of wealth as the bottom 50% of all Americans, there is something wrong.  

I don't think we need to redistribute wealth from the top to the bottom, but if that top tier is benefiting the most from the prosperity, health and stability of American society, they need to pay a commensurate share of taxes to keep it that way.  Buffet knows that and is just as intelligent and capable of commenting on economic policy as the idiots in our government that have been trying to do it for the past decade.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2011, 05:23:46 PM »
Well said. This is just class warfare and political posturing by Obama. He knows it's going to get shot down but he doesn't care. It's all about securing another 4 years.

Everyone should be paying the same rate. We're all American citizens and if I'm not mistaken, we're all supposed to be equal. Since when did equality entail paying more than someone else?  ::)
OK. Let's make it equal. The super-rich pay what their secretaries do.

Or is that class warfare?
G

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2011, 07:16:07 AM »
OK. Let's make it equal. The super-rich pay what their secretaries do.

Or is that class warfare?

the problem is you're flat out wrong that the super rich pay less than their secretaries.  The super rich pay a larger majority of their tax on investment income.  This IS taxed at a lower rate.  However the majority of investment income is coming in the form of capital gains and dividends.  These dividends are taxed once at the corporate level (35%), and then taxed again at the shareholder level (15%).  This is the part of tax that Mr. Buffett doesn't understand.  Just because he's super rich doesn't mean he knows anything about taxes.  He doesn't prepare his own tax returns you guys.  Now some writer with an agenda is misleading you to believe something that is absolutely not true and now you are diseminating this bullshit information to more people on this board.  and I don't expect the average person to understand our tax code.  But let's leave articles like this to CPA's or IRS agents.  Not young liberal writers who don't know their ass from the IRC.  like i said before.  disgusting.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2011, 07:22:58 AM »
i'd love him as a client though.  As his tax preparer I could do no wrong.  Anything I screw up, I can just tell him that i thought he wanted to forgo the deduction so that he could help the country.  :)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2011, 08:01:37 AM »
the problem is you're flat out wrong that the super rich pay less than their secretaries.  The super rich pay a larger majority of their tax on investment income.  This IS taxed at a lower rate.  However the majority of investment income is coming in the form of capital gains and dividends.  These dividends are taxed once at the corporate level (35%), and then taxed again at the shareholder level (15%).  This is the part of tax that Mr. Buffett doesn't understand.  Just because he's super rich doesn't mean he knows anything about taxes.  He doesn't prepare his own tax returns you guys.  Now some writer with an agenda is misleading you to believe something that is absolutely not true and now you are diseminating this bullshit information to more people on this board.  and I don't expect the average person to understand our tax code.  But let's leave articles like this to CPA's or IRS agents.  Not young liberal writers who don't know their ass from the IRC.  like i said before.  disgusting.
Do you consider this article factually inaccurate then?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/capital-gains-tax-rates-benefiting-wealthy-are-protected-by-both-parties/2011/09/06/gIQAdJmSLK_story.html

Steven Mufson is no spring chicken.

Most Americans depend on wages and salaries for their income, which is subject to a graduated tax so the big earners pay higher percentages. The capital gains tax turns that idea on its head, capping the rate at 15 percent for long-term investments. As a result, anyone making more than $34,500 a year in wages and salary is taxed at a higher rate than a billionaire is taxed on untold millions in capital gains.
G

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2011, 08:35:03 AM »
Do you consider this article factually inaccurate then?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/capital-gains-tax-rates-benefiting-wealthy-are-protected-by-both-parties/2011/09/06/gIQAdJmSLK_story.html

Steven Mufson is no spring chicken.

Most Americans depend on wages and salaries for their income, which is subject to a graduated tax so the big earners pay higher percentages. The capital gains tax turns that idea on its head, capping the rate at 15 percent for long-term investments. As a result, anyone making more than $34,500 a year in wages and salary is taxed at a higher rate than a billionaire is taxed on untold millions in capital gains.

and there you go again.  taking a snippet of information and making a horribly misleading assumtion about it.  Is there an advantage for capital gains for the wealthy?  Yes there is.  Is this their entire income?  No.  Why is the author conveniently leaving out a discussion on the dividends these same people receive?  Why?  I'll tell you why.  Because then the term "double tax" would have to be discussed.  And thats when he would lose his liberal readers like yourself.  You don't wanna hear that shit.    

With regards to raising the rates on capital gains, this is an issue that is tossed around every 4 years.   You act like this is a new issue.  We are in a recession.  Is this the time to give people less incentive to invest in our companies?  In my opinion, No.  

And you can post as many articles as you want but you're still being lied to.  The wealthy pay more tax than the middle class and the poor.  Period.  WE HAVE A PROGRESSIVE TAX SYSTEM IN THIS COUNTRY.  The top 10% pay close to 60% of the tax bill every year for this country.  As much as you don't want to believe it thats the truth.  Sorry.  The sad fact is that you don't want to hear the truth.  And there are plenty of young writers that are ready, willing, and able to give you exactly what you want to hear.  disgusting.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2011, 08:46:59 AM »
the worst part of this whole discussion is that the tax system is not our problem.  We can't raise the rates high enough to keep up with our spending.  Some of you are simply fighting the wrong battle.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2011, 09:07:42 AM »
What does Michelle say about this?
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2011, 09:36:10 AM »
AP fact check: Secretaries don’t pay more taxes than their bosses (Paging Warren Buffet)
Hotair ^ | 09/19/2011 | Ed Morrisey

Let's hope that Warren Buffet is better at managing funds than he is at tax policy. After Buffett complained that his secretary pays a higher tax rate than he does, Barack Obama decided to call his new class-warfare taxes “the Buffett Rule” and emphasize that he wants to make taxes more “fair.” But was Buffett right? According to an AP fact check — and just about every ounce of common sense that exists outside of the class-warfare fever swamps of the White House these days — not at all:

“Middle-class families shouldn’t pay higher taxes than millionaires and billionaires,” Obama said Monday. “That’s pretty straightforward. It’s hard to argue against that.”

The data tell a different story. On average, the wealthiest people in America pay a lot more taxes than the middle class or the poor, according to private and government data. They pay at a higher rate, and as a group, they contribute a much larger share of the overall taxes collected by the federal government.

There may be individual millionaires who pay taxes at rates lower than middle-income workers. In 2009, 1,470 households filed tax returns with incomes above $1 million yet paid no federal income tax, according to the Internal Revenue Service. That, however, was less than 1 percent of the nearly 237,000 returns with incomes above $1 million.

Even when talking rates rather than aggregate payments, the claims made by Buffett and Obama are nothing more than an urban legend:

This year, households making more than $1 million will pay an average of 29.1 percent of their income in federal taxes, including income taxes and payroll taxes, according to the Tax Policy Center, a Washington think tank.

Households making between $50,000 and $75,000 will pay 15 percent of their income in federal taxes.

Lower-income households will pay less. For example, households making between $40,000 and $50,000 will pay an average of 12.5 percent of their income in federal taxes. Households making between $20,000 and $30,000 will pay 5.7 percent.

That has been true ever since the US went to a progressive income tax. It was true decades ago, it was true a few years ago, and it remains true today. Those with higher incomes pay more taxes at higher rates that those with lower incomes. So unless Buffett’s paying his secretary a million dollars a year, the notion that we’re burying secretaries in higher taxes while letting millionaires and billionaires off the hook is flat-out false.

Buffett should know better than to make that kind of claim without checking his facts first, but no one elected Buffett to be in charge of anything, either. The President of the United States has vast resources at his command to get the facts straight before speaking to the American people, especially before pushing a divisive and destructive policy like his tax plan with class-warfare rhetoric designed to gin up demand for government to start seizing more from the successful than they already do. Either Obama doesn’t bother to do his homework, or he doesn’t care whether he’s passing along myths rather than facts.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2011, 11:07:22 AM »
and there you go again.  taking a snippet of information and making a horribly misleading assumtion about it.  Is there an advantage for capital gains for the wealthy?  Yes there is.  Is this their entire income?  No.  Why is the author conveniently leaving out a discussion on the dividends these same people receive?  Why?  I'll tell you why.  Because then the term "double tax" would have to be discussed.  And thats when he would lose his liberal readers like yourself.  You don't wanna hear that shit.    

With regards to raising the rates on capital gains, this is an issue that is tossed around every 4 years.   You act like this is a new issue.  We are in a recession.  Is this the time to give people less incentive to invest in our companies?  In my opinion, No.  

And you can post as many articles as you want but you're still being lied to.  The wealthy pay more tax than the middle class and the poor.  Period.  WE HAVE A PROGRESSIVE TAX SYSTEM IN THIS COUNTRY.  The top 10% pay close to 60% of the tax bill every year for this country.  As much as you don't want to believe it thats the truth.  Sorry.  The sad fact is that you don't want to hear the truth.  And there are plenty of young writers that are ready, willing, and able to give you exactly what you want to hear.  disgusting.

Thank you posting your comments on this subject bears.  This issue just drives me crazy.  I wish you could get on the news show circuit and tell the truth about Obama's tax lies. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2011, 11:24:00 AM »
Buffett’s math is a bit off
NEW YORK POST ^ | September 20, 2011 | S.A. MILLER

WASHINGTON -- Billionaire investor Warren Buffett isn’t as undertaxed as he and President Obama seem to think.

Buffett actually was taxed twice on his investment income.

First, Buffett had to make the money he invested. Those earnings were taxed as corporate income, at about a 35-percent rate.

Then, Uncle Sam took another cut when Buffett invested the money and earned a profit. That’s when Buffett paid the 15 percent capital-gains tax rate.

All told, after combining corporate taxes and capital gains taxes, Buffett forked over about 45 percent of his earnings.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2011, 11:25:53 AM »
Thank you posting your comments on this subject bears.  This issue just drives me crazy.  I wish you could get on the news show circuit and tell the truth about Obama's tax lies. 

His fact checkers aren't doing him any favors.  That Buffett comment should be getting them fired.  They're blatantly trying to spread the lie that we don't have a progressive tax system.  It's just plain infuriating.  There are thousands of people out there who think that the poor pay more income tax than the rich.  It nothing short of insanity.  And how the FUCKING PRESIDENT OF THE FUCKING UNITED FUCKING STATES OF FUCKING AMERICA thinks that this is true just makes me want to puke.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2011, 11:28:48 AM »
His fact checkers aren't doing him any favors.  That Buffett comment should be getting them fired.  They're blatantly trying to spread the lie that we don't have a progressive tax system.  It's just plain infuriating.  There are thousands of people out there who think that the poor pay more income tax than the rich.  It nothing short of insanity.  And how the FUCKING PRESIDENT OF THE FUCKING UNITED FUCKING STATES OF FUCKING AMERICA thinks that this is true just makes me want to puke.  

I feel exactly the same way.  Infuriating.