Author Topic: YOUR PAPERS PLEASE!!!  (Read 2406 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
YOUR PAPERS PLEASE!!!
« on: January 10, 2007, 01:40:23 PM »
Supreme Court upholds “secret law” requiring travelers to show their ID to fly
Monday January 08th 2007, 1:38 pm
Filed under: Police State
If this ruling doesn’t truly discredit the Supreme Court as just another rubber stamp I don’t know what will.  The ruling is in reference to Gilmore v. Gonzales, 06-211, in which millionaire Libertarian Activist John Gilmore (co-founder of the Electronic Frontier Foundation) attempted to force the the federal government to disclose the actual law that requires people traveling by air to either show ID or submit to a more thorough search when passing through airport security.

The justices, by letting the appeals court ruling against Gilmore stand, have legitimized the use of “secret laws” against the citizens of the United States.  This means you are now responsible for abiding by laws that are not published, and even classified in some cases.

I have asked before and I will ask again.  When will people say enough is enough?  What happens when people start getting arrested for breaking secret laws, and then find themselves in secret courts.  Oh, wait, that has already been approved by the Military Commissions Act.

This ruling marks yet another blow against personal liberty and freedom, and a giant step towards totalitarianism in America.  I just hope people start waking up to this soon, before it’s too late.

http://wikiprotest.com/blog/index.php/2007/01/08/supreme-court-upholds-secret-law-requiring-travelers-to-show-their-id-to-fly/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: YOUR PAPERS PLEASE!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 03:49:34 PM »
I agree the government should disclose the text of the regulation.  I'm sure they can either release or craft language that justifies why they need an ID for travel.  Shouldn't be that big of a deal and it isn't a major inconvenience anyway (to show ID).

But the rest of the article is alarmist nonsense. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 04:02:45 PM »
I agree the government should disclose the text of the regulation.  I'm sure they can either release or craft language that justifies why they need an ID for travel.  Shouldn't be that big of a deal and it isn't a major inconvenience anyway (to show ID).

But the rest of the article is
alarmist nonsense. 
Whatever trollboy  :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 04:21:49 PM »
Shouldn't you be in a bunker awaiting the end of the world?   :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 04:27:19 PM »
Shouldn't you be in a bunker awaiting the end of the world?   :)
You think I'm the type afraid to face death beach?  Serious, answer that, you figure me for that type?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 04:56:08 PM »
You think I'm the type afraid to face death beach?  Serious, answer that, you figure me for that type?

Berserker I don't know you from Adam, so I honestly couldn't say.  But I sort of picture your house as having patched up holes all over the place from where you punched them in anger.   :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 05:05:09 PM »
Berserker I don't know you from Adam, so I honestly couldn't say.  But I sort of picture your house as having patched up holes all over the place from where you punched them in anger.   :)
wrong.... Just one door and I fixed it by switching it with the closet door and putting a hat rack across the hole :D  No, I won't be going into a bunker, I'll be going down with the ship.  I have no desire to live in a world where everything I loved is gone.  That would be like being the walking dead.  I won't be hiding in a hole.  Now you know me from Adam ;)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 09:23:01 PM »
Berserk..all these laws ur worried about will never ever affect u. Besides slip me a 20..i'll make sure ur papers are in order..or u can get on the truck :P
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 09:47:19 PM »
Berserk..all these laws ur worried about will never ever affect u. Besides slip me a 20..i'll make sure ur papers are in order..or u can get on the truck :P
;D thanks man, you know they're coming to take me away :P

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 10:04:43 PM »
Well if u keep up this I love Hugo crap i'm afraid i'm going to have to stamp ur gulag pass.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 10:16:27 PM »
Well if u keep up this I love Hugo crap i'm afraid i'm going to have to stamp ur gulag pass.
Oh come on man, where's the love  :(  I'm feeling on top of the world tonight, don't ruin it for me ;D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 02:38:24 AM »
OK..how about as a trustee..I'll get u a nice cap and whistle and u can beat 240 anytime u want.  :D
L