Author Topic: Ahmaud Arbery - Discussion  (Read 57293 times)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: Ahmaud Arbery - Discussion
« Reply #225 on: May 17, 2020, 01:29:37 PM »
I'm not reading all this speculation, haha.

1) was the guy actually jogging?

2) was he trespassing?

3) did he have known priors?

4) did he grab the gun?

That info will allow me to decide if the rednecks are pieces of shit or not....I mean other than the obvious manslaughter because they couldn't wait for real cops.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #226 on: May 17, 2020, 02:15:25 PM »
The guy wasnt out jogging, his car was close by
that image of all the black stats, wow, shitty race of beings
those who turn a brown eye to that are trash
i respect the blacks who know their race is filled with shitty people
they dont get the book thrown at them any worse, deserve what get
blacks, almost as bad as democratic scum
wow

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #227 on: May 17, 2020, 03:03:41 PM »
I'm not reading all this speculation, haha.

1) was the guy actually jogging?

2) was he trespassing?

3) did he have known priors?

4) did he grab the gun?

That info will allow me to decide if the rednecks are pieces of shit or not....I mean other than the obvious manslaughter because they couldn't wait for real cops.

My guess is the old man missed being a cop and was trying to relive the glory days. Ended up getting more than he bargained for. Should have left it to the cops who were still on the job.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #228 on: May 17, 2020, 03:10:40 PM »

My guess is the old man missed being a cop and was trying to relive the glory days. Ended up getting more than he bargained for. Should have left it to the cops who were still on the job.

It sounds like he wasn't even good at being a cop:

Gregory McMichael, the former detective whose actions in Arbery's shooting were defended as a citizen's arrest, had been stripped of his law enforcement certification and power to arrest in February 2019, after he repeatedly failed to complete the required training.

According to documents from the Brunswick Judicial Circuit District Attorney's Office, McMichael had failed to finish mandatory firearms and use-of-force courses in 2014 as well.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: - Discussion
« Reply #229 on: May 17, 2020, 03:23:50 PM »
In bold....no it's not.
Did you watch the video? Did you see the struggle? Did you see the way he ran around the front of the truck and immediately attacked the guy holding the shotgun?

Yes. I watched the video. I saw the struggle. Attacking someone pointing a shotgun at them is not a smart move, obviously.  What would you do if someone was pointing a shotgun at you?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #230 on: May 17, 2020, 04:15:13 PM »

Yes. I watched the video. I saw the struggle. Attacking someone pointing a shotgun at them is not a smart move, obviously.  What would you do if someone was pointing a shotgun at you?
Your shotgun pic is dumb, nobody holds a shotgun by the very end of the buttstock, let alone is capable of shooting  someone that way. If you like, I could post pics of much shorter shotguns? At no point during the struggle/shooting were they 4' apart until he let go of the gun.

Last time someone pointed a shotgun at me, (over 25 years ago) I stopped fucking moving and they walked off.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: May 17, 2020, 04:23:32 PM »

If I was going for a jog and was confronted, I'd stop and politely ask what the problem is.  I think any level headed non criminal would do the same.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #232 on: May 17, 2020, 04:28:35 PM »
According to his mother, he was an avid jogger. These days almost every serious runner records runs on a Garmin. I wonder if he had one😂.  If he did, it would show his routes during his many runs..

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: May 17, 2020, 04:47:30 PM »
Your shotgun pic is dumb, nobody holds a shotgun by the very end of the buttstock, let alone is capable of shooting  someone that way. If you like, I could post pics of much shorter shotguns? At no point during the struggle/shooting were they 4' apart until he let go of the gun.

Last time someone pointed a shotgun at me, (over 25 years ago) I stopped fucking moving and they walked off.

Unlike Ahmaud, you are still alive. You made the smarter move by not moving. Although no one has ever pointed a shotgun at me, if they had, I would most likely have done what you did.

I wrote that the average length of a shotgun is 4' you replied that it is not. So, I posted a photo of a shotgun that is 49" long. If we'd been talking about the barrel of a shotgun, you'd be right, since the barrel of most shotguns sold in the U.S. are 18" long. The distance from my elbow to my finger tips is approximately 18" and I have fairly long arms. Some shotguns are a short 26" in total length. So yeah they come in different sizes. None of this will likely make much difference when the case goes before the Grand Jury and later if it goes to trial.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #234 on: May 17, 2020, 04:55:00 PM »
I agree with your post. If Arbery intended to commit a crime would he not have done it in the middle of the night instead of a bright sunny day?

;D HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA!
a

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #235 on: May 17, 2020, 04:57:16 PM »
If I was going for a jog and was confronted, I'd stop and politely ask what the problem is.  I think any level headed non criminal would do the same.

Thank you sir. Exactly.
a

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: May 17, 2020, 05:01:57 PM »
What would you do if you were jogging at night ,and 2 black males with guns confronted you?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #237 on: May 17, 2020, 05:32:15 PM »
Couple of points.

1. If he didn't have permission to be in that house under construction he was trespassing. Doesn't matter that others have done the same.

2. He ran after he was confronted for being in the building. Was he jogging?

3. They can legally carry weapons in that state

4. A civilian can make a civilian arrest for a felony holding a person for the cops.

5. The father was a retired cop who knew the guy from a previous weapons charge. 

6. He grabbed the shotgun. In light of the previous weapons charge after fighting for the guy's gun was he justified in shooting him or should he have surrendered his legally carried  weapon to him?

Personally I would have called the cops and have never gone to look for the guy.

1. It does matter. I've walked through houses being constructed countless times. When I visited my brother in Georgia we spent a day where they were building a bunch of homes to check it out. Just one lot over where I live they are building a house which I checked out weekly. If others can do it why not Ahmaud? Did those who confronted him own the property? Why is it their business?

2. Why was he confronted? Who are those guys to take it upon themselves to question him? I saw him running on the video. Those guys were waiting for him to confront him.

3. Yes, and? No one is making an issue about their right to be armed.

4. A civilian cannot arrest someone for trespassing nor is it a felony, this was already explained, nor can they arrest someone because they believe he may intend to commit a crime.

5. So. Was Ahmaud committing any crime at the time of the confrontation?

6. Some stranger comes at you pointing a shotgun? What right does he have to do that? Some may just surrender with their hands up another would rather defend themselves. If a shotgun barrel was pointed at me inches away I would take my chances and grab the barrel and fight for my life. I have no idea what that guy's intentions are but from my perspective, it can't be good.

These guys were looking for trouble. They came at him armed which implies they were preparing for a possible confrontation. They should have called the cops which is what most sensible people do if they see something suspicious. They killed another man that they threatened and confronted and whom Ahmaud decided to defend himself.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: May 17, 2020, 05:40:56 PM »
No he didn't. You can clearly see in the slowed down video, Travis is at the front of the truck on the drivers side, maybe with one leg in front of the truck. Arbery crosses the entire truck from the passenger side, to the drivers side to engage the guy with the gun.

What am I looking at here? Though the vid is blurry I see one guy in the truck bed and another (very blurry image) standing in the middle of the street which is when Ahmaud veers to the right to avoid him.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: May 17, 2020, 05:59:32 PM »

The homeowner Larry English wants nothing to do with the McMichael duo.

OK, so the actual owner of the property didn't seem to have much concern about Amhaud being on his property yet the McMichael's, who had no relationship or communication with the owner, decided to take it upon themselves to enforce trespassing laws.

Instead of acting like self-appointed enforcers, they should have just reported it to the police if they felt there was anything suspicious. But instead, they armed themselves and confronted Ahmaud.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: May 17, 2020, 06:02:40 PM »
Please, he had a criminal record and probation violations. Why would he risk a trespassing charge for no particular reason? Either he was a criminal, a fucking idiot or both. I’d go with the latter.

You seem to know all about him. What was he doing since his HS graduation in 2012?

Why haven’t we heard from past employers or coworkers telling us what a wonderful guy he was?  My guess is that there are none.

Assuming he was no angel and had a criminal record, so what? What crime was he committing at the time? Trespassing? That justifies armed civilians stopping him?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #241 on: May 17, 2020, 06:07:00 PM »
Assuming he was no angel and had a criminal record, so what? What crime was he committing at the time? Trespassing? That justifies armed civilians stopping him?

Did you not see this?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: May 17, 2020, 06:09:21 PM »
Did you not see this?

Only after I made this post.

You made a good point and I was thinking along those same lines as to why he took it upon himself to play cop again. Many go into LE because the like and get off on the power.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #243 on: May 17, 2020, 06:13:44 PM »
1. It does matter. I've walked through houses being constructed countless times. When I visited my brother in Georgia we spent a day where they were building a bunch of homes to check it out. Just one lot over where I live they are building a house which I checked out weekly. If others can do it why not Ahmaud? Did those who confronted him own the property? Why is it their business?

2. Why was he confronted? Who are those guys to take it upon themselves to question him? I saw him running on the video. Those guys were waiting for him to confront him.

4. A civilian cannot arrest someone for trespassing nor is it a felony, this was already explained, nor can they arrest someone because they believe he may intend to commit a crime.

6. Some stranger comes at you pointing a shotgun? What right does he have to do that? Some may just surrender with their hands up another would rather defend themselves. If a shotgun barrel was pointed at me inches away I would take my chances and grab the barrel and fight for my life. I have no idea what that guy's intentions are but from my perspective, it can't be good.

These guys were looking for trouble. They came at him armed which implies they were preparing for a possible confrontation. They should have called the cops which is what most sensible people do if they see something suspicious. They killed another man that they threatened and confronted and whom Ahmaud decided to defend himself.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #244 on: May 17, 2020, 06:16:48 PM »

Trespassing of  structure is a burglary. That is a felony. So an civilian arrest for a felony can only happen at the immediate time the crime was committed? If you were roaming through houses being constructed and the owner wanted to press charges you wouldn't have a defense in court.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #245 on: May 17, 2020, 06:23:55 PM »
Trespassing of  structure is a burglary. That is a felony. So an civilian arrest for a felony can only happen at the immediate time the crime was committed? If you were roaming through houses being constructed and the owner wanted to press charges you wouldn't have a defense in court.

Where did you get your law degree? U. of Mexico?

As a person of color yourself do you think that race was not a factor here?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: May 17, 2020, 06:25:22 PM »

Sorry, my friend, burglary is not trespassing that's why they are two different words and cannot be used interchangeably. Trespassing is being on someone's property without permission which is not a felony. Burglary is entering a building or property and committing or intending to commit a crime, usually theft. Ahmaud committed no crime while in that construction site and in which we would learn that that the actual owner had little concern. It certainly did not justify a civilian arrests.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: May 17, 2020, 06:30:36 PM »
Ahmaud veers to the right to avoid him.

It is pretty clear

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: May 17, 2020, 06:31:11 PM »
What would you do if you were jogging at night ,and 2 black males with guns confronted you?

Depends. Worst case scenario for me is I'd have to run away.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #249 on: May 17, 2020, 06:34:13 PM »
Depends. Worst case scenario for me is I'd have to run away.
Nope , you would stop and politely ask what the problem is.