Author Topic: Lee Preist's last shot - YOU CAN HELP!  (Read 53311 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Lee Preist's last shot - YOU CAN HELP!
« Reply #200 on: October 08, 2007, 10:52:23 AM »
Why not. It sounds like what you are saying is in other words, the IFBB doesn't really give two shyts what the fans want, but if a Petition in this case has enough signatures, they should take notice. Remember its the fans that pay the bills in this industry.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you fits good here. Yes it suits Lee as well(smarten up Lee, help Bob help you)

"The proof is in the pudding" (pertaining to the IFBBs thoughts on the fans) if other Bodybuilders and fans see this and see how it is ignored. Take Lee out of the equation and put someone else in his shoes will the same fate be theirs?

X

No, A petition will NOT make any difference either.

WEAPONX

• Getbig II
« Reply #201 on: October 08, 2007, 11:02:07 AM »
You're mind is clearly made up. And its good you stick too you're opinions, it shows integrity,

Now heres mine again. Yes a Petition can bring change if brought forth by the right individual or individuals

X

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: October 08, 2007, 11:11:14 AM »
You're mind is clearly made up. And its good you stick too you're opinions, it shows integrity,

Now heres mine again. Yes a Petition can bring change if brought forth by the right individual or individuals

X

It's has nothing to do with me making up my mind about anything. If you reread my post, I said that short of a lawsuit, the IFBB will do whatever it pleases and believe me they do not care at all about a few people on Getbig who sign a petition. It know it may be hard to believe , but Getbig participants are but a very small percentage as far as people who spend money on shows and supplements. Just FYI, I personally would like to see Lee compete again!

WEAPONX

• Getbig II
« Reply #203 on: October 08, 2007, 11:26:46 AM »
Are you the IFBB? No,Yes,Maybe, I took it that you weren't, so possibly you're mind is made up, not the IFBBs, unless you speak on their behalf. I read clearly what you wrote, and understand it as such.

By no means am I looking for an On line Argument with you, or anyone else for that matter, well maybe that Squadfather guy ;D

Decisions can be changed if argued properly is all I am saying, and yes getbig is a small portion of the big picture but hopefully it grows, Lees Petition is even on Facebook now.

Again these are just my opinions

X

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #204 on: October 08, 2007, 11:34:59 AM »
Decisions can be changed if argued properly is all I am saying, and yes getbig is a small portion of the big picture but hopefully it grows, Lees Petition is even on Facebook now.

Uh oh, a facebook page...now you're really hitting the big time!

::)

::)

WEAPONX

• Getbig II
« Reply #205 on: October 08, 2007, 11:38:45 AM »
Caught you're attention didn't I !!!!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: October 08, 2007, 11:50:03 AM »
Are you the IFBB? No,Yes,Maybe, I took it that you weren't, so possibly you're mind is made up, not the IFBBs, unless you speak on their behalf. I read clearly what you wrote, and understand it as such.

By no means am I looking for an On line Argument with you, or anyone else for that matter, well maybe that Squadfather guy ;D

Again these are just my opinions

X

No argument at all. In fact I agree with you that Lee should be let back in, but I think that you are not realizing that the IFBB can do what it likes and always has. If the petition works then I will be the first one to admit I was WR WRROO WRONG!!!!!  ;D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #207 on: October 08, 2007, 04:13:36 PM »
Strange thing is, Chic, Shawn and Lee all want the same thing.  They want to see pro bodybuilders  better rewarded for their efforts.  And all three have tried in the past to get something moving and it hasn't worked and each has ended up blaming the other, although it does seem like shawn and chic are still pissed at lee and using him as a whipping boy.  I don't know how it's going to happen, but one thing is obvious, bodybuilders need to band together to get better conditions.  I mean, this was how working unions originally formed, when workers had enough of being mistreated and unfairly rewarded.  Shawn and Chic have unrealistic expectations from Lee, he is just the messenger who is hoping someone with greater leverage than he, takes some action.  Shawn and Chic have stopped competing so can devote more time to these types of causes.  Shawn, Chic and Lee need to bury the hatchet and soldier on for this cause, even at the risk of this situation we have now continuing to happen.  The whole time you guys focus on the past, their is no future.  Forget your petty differences, and remember the cause.  May the force be with you.
V

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #208 on: October 08, 2007, 04:23:21 PM »
Unfortunately, Lee has never been one to travel the "Proper" Proceedures to ensure "CHANGE" good, bad or otherwise.
He pisses all over the place when it comes to Rules and Regulations, then he wants someone to clean it up because it wasn't his fault that no one was there to hold his Peter and point it in the right direction of the Urinal!
Sorry, Lee has made his bed, thumbed his nose and flipped his finger too many times, at too many people that actually care about the sport, athletes and the federation.
The way he went about garnering attention to an issue is not the way one would go about tryin to implement change.
Sadly, Lee either had some bad advice, no advice or simply was never potty trained to know how to avoid situations like the one he's found himself in now.
Who is going to feel sorry or obligated to continue watching this train wreck?
The sport is bigger than one person, look David Henry cracked th etop 10 at the Olympia at 5'4 buck and change, this is what people are talking about now, not Lee..
Sorry bud, the truth is....... what it is :-\

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: October 08, 2007, 04:24:27 PM »
Unfortunately, Lee has never been one to travel the "Proper" Proceedures to ensure "CHANGE" good, bad or otherwise.
He pisses all over the place when it comes to Rules and Regulations, then he wants someone to clean it up because it wasn't his fault that no one was there to hold his Peter and point it in the right direction of the Urinal!
Sorry, Lee has made his bed, thumbed his nose and flipped his finger to many times at too many people that actually care about the sport, athletes and the federation.
The way he went about garnering attention to an issue is not the way one would go about tryin to implement change.
Sadly, Lee either had some bad advice, no advice or simply was never potty trained to know how to avoid situations like the one he's found himself in now.
The sport is bigger than one person, look David Henry cracked th etop 10 at the Olympia at 5'4 buck and change, this is what people are talking about now, not Lee..

Hey Shawn, when is the date of your show this year. Just wondering, thanks.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: October 08, 2007, 04:41:43 PM »
Unfortunately, Lee has never been one to travel the "Proper" Procedures to ensure "CHANGE" good, bad or otherwise.
Sorry, Lee has made his bed, thumbed his nose and flipped his finger too many times, at too many people that actually care about the sport, athletes and the federation.
The way he went about garnering attention to an issue is not the way one would go about trying to implement change.
The sport is bigger than one person, look David Henry cracked th e top 10 at the Olympia at 5'4 buck and change, this is what people are talking about now, not Lee..
Does Lee annoy you so much Shawn because he reminds you of yourself?.  You always spoke your mind during your professional bodybuilding career and frequently had others offside.  I only ask because you seem unable to let go off Lee's past mistakes and focus on the goal, which is better conditions for Pro Bodybuilders.  And although their has been some improvement, their is still a long way to go.  It seems you had unrealistically high expectations of Lee and now feel let down.  Not all bodybuilders have your savvy and business acumen.  Regardless of Lee's past mistakes, isn't it in everyone's best interests to stop attacking each other.  Naughty Children are always an indication of a problem within the family, best to help the naughty child than to beat up on him.  It isn't easy, but persistence is rewarded.  God Bless
V

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: October 08, 2007, 04:49:14 PM »
Hey Shawn, when is the date of your show this year. Just wondering, thanks.

Bump for an answer?  ???

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: October 08, 2007, 04:54:35 PM »
Bump for an answer?  ???
Show was held June 1 2007 - Kai Greene won
V

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: October 08, 2007, 04:58:17 PM »
Show was held June 1 2007 - Kai Greene won

OK smartass,  ;D Let me rephrase, when is the show scheduled for next year.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: October 08, 2007, 05:15:48 PM »

bump

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: October 08, 2007, 05:32:58 PM »
Sorry, I can't help you with that, maybe you need to ask Shawn. lol
V

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: October 08, 2007, 05:38:25 PM »
Sorry, I can't help you with that, maybe you need to ask Shawn. lol

I did  >:( but he ain't answering.  :'(

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #217 on: October 08, 2007, 07:14:57 PM »

I HAVE MADE MY BED SINCE I WAS 4 YEARS OLD SHAWN...........IN YOUR PAST YOU HAVE SAID THE SAME STUFF I HAVE SAID....SEEMS NOW YOU PUT ON A SHOW AND NEED IFBB TO SANCTION IT...YOUR VIEW HAS CHANGED........YOUR NOT LIKE THE OLD SHAWN RAY WHO ALWAYS SPOKE OUT....WHY IS THAT ...CASUE YOU DONT COMPETE NOW SO IT DOSENT MATTER.....YOU NEED TO MAKE MONEY SO YOU JUST GO ALONG WITH IT........
AS FOR THE MIDDLE FINGER MD USED THAT PIC NOT ME...IT WAS NOT TAKEN FOR THAT PURPOSE....PER AND I WERE JOKING AROUND WHEN IT WAS TAKEN AND IT WAS USED FOR AN ARTICLE ALMOST A YEAR LATER AND MD WROTE THE HEADING I NEVER SAID WHAT WENT WITH THAT PIC...SO BE MAD AT MD NOT ME FOR THE FINGER SHOT...............THERE WILL NEVER BE CHANGE BECAUSE ATHLETES GET THREATENED ALL THE TIME IF THEY STEP OUT OF LINE.......I MUST OF MISSED THE DAVE HENRY THREAD.................. I SAW ALL THE JAY SHOULDNT HAVE WON THREADS THOU

Stavios

« Reply #218 on: October 08, 2007, 07:26:16 PM »
I MUST OF MISSED THE DAVE HENRY THREAD.................. I SAW ALL THE JAY SHOULDNT HAVE WON THREADS THOU

because no one care about Dave Henry, he shouldn't even have been top 10

true story

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #219 on: October 08, 2007, 07:49:01 PM »
Ah, Lee I made my stand at the Athletes Meetings prior to shows.
I put Ideas and Changes in Writing and submitted them to the proper people running the industry not on Internet Message Boards and posting Private Responses from companies I did business with including Contract with Weider, Olympia and Magazines like you did with MD and the Olympia Contracts.
Again, not to beat a dead horse but you still dont get it, the Channel or Vehicle you use to get your points, ideas, frustrations or opinions heard are all wrong, have been wrong and continue to be wrong!
You are accomplishing nothing posting all of the above on the boards when you have an Athlete Rep and federation that you ignore and post BS instead.
You really should throw your computer in the trash and wait 6 months, maybe then you'll be heard, until then you continue to shoot yourself in the foot with your "It wasn't my fault Posts" for your fans to see you dont take responsibilty for anything you've said or done regarding Suspensions and BS  :-\

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #220 on: October 08, 2007, 07:58:08 PM »
I HAVE MADE MY BED SINCE I WAS 4 YEARS OLD SHAWN...........IN YOUR PAST YOU HAVE SAID THE SAME STUFF I HAVE SAID....SEEMS NOW YOU PUT ON A SHOW AND NEED IFBB TO SANCTION IT...YOUR VIEW HAS CHANGED........YOUR NOT LIKE THE OLD SHAWN RAY WHO ALWAYS SPOKE OUT....WHY IS THAT ...CASUE YOU DONT COMPETE NOW SO IT DOSENT MATTER.....YOU NEED TO MAKE MONEY SO YOU JUST GO ALONG WITH IT........
AS FOR THE MIDDLE FINGER MD USED THAT PIC NOT ME...IT WAS NOT TAKEN FOR THAT PURPOSE....PER AND I WERE JOKING AROUND WHEN IT WAS TAKEN AND IT WAS USED FOR AN ARTICLE ALMOST A YEAR LATER AND MD WROTE THE HEADING I NEVER SAID WHAT WENT WITH THAT PIC...SO BE MAD AT MD NOT ME FOR THE FINGER SHOT...............THERE WILL NEVER BE CHANGE BECAUSE ATHLETES GET THREATENED ALL THE TIME IF THEY STEP OUT OF LINE.......I MUST OF MISSED THE DAVE HENRY THREAD.................. I SAW ALL THE JAY SHOULDNT HAVE WON THREADS THOU

So now you didn't even WRITE the columnns you had in MD? Those weren't YOUR words?

When Ron had the video camera on you, stating your intentions, you then recanted and said you were "only joking"

You had to write a letter of apology, when I asked you about it, you said you didn't write it...you just signed your name to it....

You never asked to get back in the IFBB...Steve Blechman did.

It has been very difficult to work on your behalf Lee, when you take no responsibility for anything.... let's take your latest "letter of apology"....asking for reinstatement and apologizing for your actions, etc......why would they believe you NOW?

Sadly...you've cried WOLF (no, not Dennis) so many times that your credibility is shot....

I've tried helping you, offered my advices on numerous occasions...yet you STILL wan't to make it as difficult as possible for anyone to take you seriously...

Quite frankly...I'm at a loss at this point.

I guess you can continue to bring up other people, point fingers, and badmouth the rules and practices of the IFBB....if you think that will help your return to the stage.

Balls in your court........

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #221 on: October 09, 2007, 12:35:08 AM »
All this reminds me of listening in on my wife and her mates!!!! So  Much Bitchin'  ;D

Lee - Get into the shape of your life dude, turn up at the Arnold as a spectator in a Vest, publicise the hell outta yourself over the next 6-8 months WITHOUT badmouthing anybody - Let Your Body Do The Speakin!! CREATE A RUMBLE that will demand EVERYONE'S desire to see you back and battling the best of the pros again......

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #222 on: October 09, 2007, 10:15:18 AM »
Ah, Lee I made my stand at the Athletes Meetings prior to shows.
I put Ideas and Changes in Writing and submitted them to the proper people running the industry not on Internet Message Boards and posting Private Responses from companies I did business with including Contract with Weider, Olympia and Magazines like you did with MD and the Olympia Contracts.
Again, not to beat a dead horse but you still dont get it, the Channel or Vehicle you use to get your points, ideas, frustrations or opinions heard are all wrong, have been wrong and continue to be wrong!
You are accomplishing nothing posting all of the above on the boards when you have an Athlete Rep and federation that you ignore and post BS instead.
You really should throw your computer in the trash and wait 6 months, maybe then you'll be heard, until then you continue to shoot yourself in the foot with your "It wasn't my fault Posts" for your fans to see you dont take responsibilty for anything you've said or done regarding Suspensions and BS  :-\

NO SHAWN I HAVE ALWAS TAKEN RESPONSIBILTY FOR MY ACTIONS.......I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE DONE IT YOUR WAY SEEING AS HOW IT DID NOTHING....DIDNT EVEN GET THE FANS INVOLVED...THEY ARE AFTER ALL WHAT KEEPS THE IFBB GOING NOT YOU ...ME OR CHICK.....

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #223 on: October 09, 2007, 10:18:35 AM »
So now you didn't even WRITE the columnns you had in MD? Those weren't YOUR words?

When Ron had the video camera on you, stating your intentions, you then recanted and said you were "only joking"

You had to write a letter of apology, when I asked you about it, you said you didn't write it...you just signed your name to it....

You never asked to get back in the IFBB...Steve Blechman did.

It has been very difficult to work on your behalf Lee, when you take no responsibility for anything.... let's take your latest "letter of apology"....asking for reinstatement and apologizing for your actions, etc......why would they believe you NOW?

Sadly...you've cried WOLF (no, not Dennis) so many times that your credibility is shot....

I've tried helping you, offered my advices on numerous occasions...yet you STILL wan't to make it as difficult as possible for anyone to take you seriously...

Quite frankly...I'm at a loss at this point.

I guess you can continue to bring up other people, point fingers, and badmouth the rules and practices of the IFBB....if you think that will help your return to the stage.

Balls in your court........

READ AGAIN BOB WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE PIC OF THE FINGER AND THE HEADING OF THAT STORY WAS NOT MY DOING...BUT ANYTHING THAT WAS IN ARTICLE..YES I SAID.....I HAVE ALWAYS OWNED UP TO THAT...BUT..WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE PIC AND THE TITLE THAT WENT WITH IT..THAT WAS MDS IDEA OR DOING...THE ARTICLE IS MY WORDS...HOPE YOU GET IT NOW.........I WILL ALWAYS BRING UPU THE RULES WHEN THEY ARE NOT FOLLOWED AND CODE OF CONDUCT....WHY HAVE THEM IF YOU DONT FOLLOW THEM...

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #224 on: October 09, 2007, 01:30:17 PM »
"WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE PIC AND THE TITLE THAT WENT WITH IT..THAT WAS MDS IDEA OR DOING"

Ah,...............there's a whole lot more to this than that son.

That said, it's NOT about the Fans but rather about your CONDUCT and Rules.
When you understand that, you'll be on the road to Maturity.
Take responsibility for your CONDUCT.
Good luck out there kid. ;)
S. Ray