Author Topic: Shortened muscle bellies- long term effects of bad form with very heavy weights?  (Read 13931 times)

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
most bodybuilders are afraid of injecting the arm because scar tissue can tear the bicep easily ???

U a totally forgetting real Leopold 'injecting posts'  ??? ::) senor IMITACION  :D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I read at least a dozen primary sources a day
If you master electromagnetism and aerospace engineering these answers will be implicitly known.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
today I trained arms and tried to lock out my narrow grip bench presses because of this thread. It was a really bad experience

I normally get about 12 reps with 120kg without locking out the elbows, just pumping up and down, now I could only get like 6, which was strange because generally locking out makes it easier not harder? like normally when i nearly fail on 11th rep of no locking out, and lock out for the last one, the last rep is really easy...

So other things I noticed.... it's harder to balance tha bar because you are not in a smooth groove, i felt my dominant stronger tricep (right) work a lot harder than the left... also i found my chest was really doing a lot of work at the top of the motion (the one i normally dont do)

i have really long arms

i am very confused and dont know what to do with my life now

to lock out or not to lockout that's the question

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
when you getting older,should lift lighter and higher reps with full range.

Good advice. Most guys who lifted heavy in their teens,20's, 30's 40's and into the early 50's realize all the damage they have done and the way the body just  doesn't work the way it use to. I found using moderate weights with higher reps the body starts responding again. It's just a new stimulus to adapt to.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
today I trained arms and tried to lock out my narrow grip bench presses because of this thread. It was a really bad experience

I normally get about 12 reps with 120kg without locking out the elbows, just pumping up and down, now I could only get like 6, which was strange because generally locking out makes it easier not harder? like normally when i nearly fail on 11th rep of no locking out, and lock out for the last one, the last rep is really easy...

So other things I noticed.... it's harder to balance tha bar because you are not in a smooth groove, i felt my dominant stronger tricep (right) work a lot harder than the left... also i found my chest was really doing a lot of work at the top of the motion (the one i normally dont do)

i have really long arms.

i am very confused and dont know what to do with my life now

to lock out or not to lockout that's the question

^^
Don't go so narrow, maybe move your hands apart another inch, plus add a little more weight you should be struggling to get 8 reps on this exercise... it's supposed to be low-rep/heavy all the way.
If all else fails, do skull crushers with an E-Z curl bar (eliminates wrist pain).
P.S.  You do not HAVE to lock out, it benefits the joints to go just a little short of locking out!  Segio Oliva trained that way...

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
maybe muscles arent meant to be hammered compulsively all life long, maybe it's quite an extremistic, vain occupation especially when all your life revolves around it... Maybe it's the proof you should be doing other things at some point.

Hahahah so true.

Used to see a guy at the gym who was about 40-45 years old. Jacked & roided up. Looked like a monster. Had the steroid red skin glow year round and arms were as vascular as a cock.

It was hilarious to see him druve up in a rusted out jeep Cherokee with mismatched wheels and cracked windshield. I think he said a prayer before he started it EVERYtime

falco

• Getbig V
Hahahah so true.

Used to see a guy at the gym who was about 40-45 years old. Jacked & roided up. Looked like a monster. Had the steroid red skin glow year round and arms were as vascular as a cock.

It was hilarious to see him druve up in a rusted out jeep Cherokee with mismatched wheels and cracked windshield. I think he said a prayer before he started it EVERYtime

Rock crawling rigs are always battered up. It's pointless to fix them because next weekend there's going to be more carnage.