Author Topic: Search Is On for the People Who Gunned Down Several Dogs  (Read 5934 times)

knny187

• Getbig V
Search Is On for the People Who Gunned Down Several Dogs
« on: June 21, 2007, 10:25:54 AM »
This is a sad story.

I was watching the news last night & this came on.  Apparently, someone (they suspect kids) went on to this woman's Sanctuary & shot 5 dogs with a shot gun while they were in their cages.

This organization is a non-profit rescue.  They usually get a lot of their recuses from the street, & try to place them in permanent homes.  All 5 of these dogs were rescue's & were up for adoption.

Being that they're a non-profit organization, they don't have the funds for the medical expenses that were just inquired.  It seems the dogs weren't killed immediately & were tried to be saved....but the extent of the damage was far too great & had to be uthenized.

http://www.kusi.com/home/8104512.html   - WARNING! - GRAPHIC PICTURES!

http://www.locoshideaway.com/  - their website

On a side note....they were in the news about a year ago for another major loss due to fire.  At the time, they were not up to code & failed to have certain permits.

I kind of feel for these people a little.  It's obvious they are trying to make a difference....but keep running into alot of obstacle's.  They're just low on funds & donations being a non-profit organization. 

http://www.pe.com/localnews/hemet/stories/PE_News_Local_D_kennel16.3898343.html  - story on this subject

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Re: Search Is On for the People Who Gunned Down Several Dogs
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 10:41:44 AM »
People are assholes!!    >:(

I bet it was some punk ass kids thinking they are "cool".

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 10:54:51 AM »
nothing cool about shooting a dog behind a closed kennel

It really pisses me off.  Why on earth do people do this?

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 11:06:54 AM »
Those kids are the future Jeffrey Damer's.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 11:51:15 AM »
I remember when I was living in Vegas back in 2000 people would take their dogs when they didn't want them anymore and drive them out to the desert and leave them with no water or food or anything.  Someone caught someone doing this on tape and they were caught.  They literally pick the dog up while driving and throw it out the moving car.  Man I wish I would have seen this happen.  No cops would have been called.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 11:57:52 AM »
That is so cowardly.  They could very easily take them to a shelter, where worse case they would get humanely put down, and best case they get adopted.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 12:18:41 PM »
If I caught something like that....I guarantee...the pet would get a ride back & there would be a new hole dug in the desert.

This website seems quite extensive for listings of rescue/adopt pet in your areas.

http://www.petfinder.com

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 05:43:18 AM »
If I caught something like that....I guarantee...the pet would get a ride back & there would be a new hole dug in the desert.

This website seems quite extensive for listings of rescue/adopt pet in your areas.

http://www.petfinder.com

That site is dangerous! If wifey wasnt about to pop I think we might have another  dog by now!
X

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 08:41:06 AM »
That site is dangerous! If wifey wasnt about to pop I think we might have another  dog by now!

I never could go to one.

I'd never have enough room in the car to drive home

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 09:26:01 AM »
nothing cool about shooting a dog behind a closed kennel

It really pisses me off.  Why on earth do people do this?

I can't look at the pictures... the people who do things like this should be put to death by torture. God I hate people sometimes.
and keep moving!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 09:59:43 AM »
I can't look at the pictures... the people who do things like this should be put to death by torture. God I hate people sometimes.

I just really have a hard time trying to figure out why someone would shoot a defenseless animal thats sitting behind a cage & posing no threat.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 11:45:48 AM »
I just really have a hard time trying to figure out why someone would shoot a defenseless animal thats sitting behind a cage & posing no threat.

I have a hard time trying to figure out ANY animal abuse or neglect knny. I just don't get it.
and keep moving!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 11:53:24 AM »
I have a hard time trying to figure out ANY animal abuse or neglect knny. I just don't get it.

Well, I think some of it is called Mental Retardation

:-\

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2007, 12:26:22 AM »
By the way knny petfinder is a top notch organization. The adoption groups I work with www.roverrescue.com and purrfectpartners.com are both members (sub-groups) of petfinders. They have lots of dedicated volunteers.

You guys do a great job on this board.
and keep moving!

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2007, 07:38:29 AM »
Good thing I am not by you Dave, or Huey and Milo would be joining the pack!! Roverrescue has a nice website, will check out the cat one later.

And thanks, I think this board has done better than Ron thought it would.  It's nice to see regulars on the other boards come down and show off their pets.
  :)

Tell me these 2 aren't cute!  (all of them are!)  That's why I can't click on those sites that much, I can only resist for so long.  I agree, Petfinder is a great site to find your next buddy.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2007, 09:00:15 AM »
By the way knny petfinder is a top notch organization. The adoption groups I work with www.roverrescue.com and purrfectpartners.com are both members (sub-groups) of petfinders. They have lots of dedicated volunteers.

You guys do a great job on this board.

Thanks Max Rep

Alot of people (Ron included) thought this was some kind of joke.

Honestly..at first...I think some of us (myself included) just wanted to post pictures & start a few topics about our pets.  I was sitting here at times wondering "How are we going to pitch this to Ron...& what topics are we going to start?"  It's been on subject for a long time..but Ron discarded the idea.  So some of us (basically all the mods on this section & a few others like Princess L) basically convinced Ron it wasn't going to be a joke.

Well, it seems there was a ton of get big members that love their pets as much as the people that started this section.  Great topics just seem to come up & alot of great information is passed.

I think the biggest thing is just letting everyone on this board know that this place exists.  Alot of members don't come down to the other boards.   

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2007, 12:16:30 PM »

To me this place is were getbiggers get real. I'm getting to see that you knny, Amy, and a host of other people are good "peeps". You don't always get that on the other boards... if ever. I never know if it's the person or if it's his/her alter personality just for getbig. I never figured Geo for a cat person or knny for that matter. Knny I've always liked that Rainbow Bridge Poem.

It's good to see this side of all of you. 

Amy who are Huey and Milo and what did you mean by they would be joining the pack?

Here's a cool story for you.

Growing up my Aunt Nina had Muscular Dystrophy. My Black Labrador Retreiver (Blackie) loved Aunt Nina and whenever she visited he'd sit by her feet. Aunt Nina lived to be 70 and had the illness for 40 years... in that time she never once complained or said "why me". She just accepted her burden and enjoyed her life... in short she taught all of us what the meaning of Courage.

Fast forward to 5 years ago.

The first group of kittens my ex and I ever rescued were 7 orange Tabby's from the alley. We had no clue what we were doing. But we information came to us, people came to us that guided us... it was like some sort of "Divine Intervention".

5 of seven kittens got adopted and I kept two brothers "Rocky" and "Bullwinkle". Of the first two we got adopted, one we nicknamed "Runt"... the runt of the litter... but she was the courageous one. She was always the first one to learn something new, let us pick her up without hissing at us, climb out of the cage that we had, etc. “Runt” was courageous.

She was adopted with one of the other girls by a nice young couple… a few weeks after they were adopted they came back for a follow-up on the vaccinations. I asked the couple what did you name them… The first was Nala because it was a character out of “the Lion King and Nala looked like a little Lion. The other “Runt was named… are you ready…

Nina… simply because it went well with Nala.

The couple never knew about my Aunt Nina the courageous woman but Runt the courageous kitten got her name. Now I understood where the “Divine Intervention” came from.

Hope I didn't bore everyone with that one.

and keep moving!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2007, 12:37:25 PM »
Great story.

Did you ever imagine that Goatboy had a cat?  Now to me....shows something.  Although he claims it's his wife's....how do you not live with a cat w/o being a part of it's life.  A cat usually gives you no choice in the matter.  To the cat...your in his home.

My g/f & I were talking the other day & was thinking about using the dog for therapy in hospitals or old folks homes.

He's a big dog...but 'overly' friendly/loving & NEEDS people's attention.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2007, 12:38:16 PM »
That is a great story!   :D

Huey and Milo are on the adoptables list at the roverrescue site. 

Joining the pack - I would be scooping them up to have a forever home with my pack.
   ;D

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2007, 12:32:19 AM »
Great story.

Did you ever imagine that Goatboy had a cat?  Now to me....shows something.  Although he claims it's his wife's....how do you not live with a cat w/o being a part of it's life.  A cat usually gives you no choice in the matter.  To the cat...your in his home.

Thank you. What do you think the chances atr that THAT kitten would have gotten THAT name? I mean it’s not the type of name you normally hear a cat getting. Every time I tell that story I get chills.

Yes it does show something about Goatboy… I’m glad to hear it. 

My g/f & I were talking the other day & was thinking about using the dog for therapy in hospitals or old folks homes.

He's a big dog...but 'overly' friendly/loving & NEEDS people's attention.

I can tell you this knny my neighbor has two therapy dogs. The process is quite lengthy. The dogs have to qualify then go you and the dog have to go through training and you have to go through all kinds of security checks.

From my own experience with volunteer work with animals… this could very well be the most life-enhancing, totally self-less, exhausting, emotional roller-coaster causing, self esteem raising, personal growth producing things you ever have or will undertake.

If you do I can almost guarantee, the rewards will most certainly outweigh the drawbacks by leaps and bounds and you will forever garner my respect.   

That is a great story!   :D

Huey and Milo are on the adoptables list at the roverrescue site. 

Joining the pack - I would be scooping them up to have a forever home with my pack.
   ;D
Amy… don’t you just wish we could get them all great homes and great families for life. You’re a very good person.

and keep moving!

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2007, 12:37:24 AM »
Thanks Max Rep

I think the biggest thing is just letting everyone on this board know that this place exists.  Alot of members don't come down to the other boards.   

knny... I didn't know that it existed for a while. I found it by accident when I was moving a post from the G&O board. I sure glad I found it though. I think it is becoming my favorite board.
and keep moving!

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2007, 04:32:20 PM »
Amy… don’t you just wish we could get them all great homes and great families for life. You’re a very good person.

Yes I do.  That is why it is hard to be against that mandatory spay and neutering because I do see the intentions behind it, I just don't think it is going to help and may make matters worse.   Unplanned puppies/kittens are a concern, but I think the bigger problem is people's attitudes of disposable pets.  The juvenile and older dogs that are turned in to the shelters, which I think early altering will escalate because of behavior problems that may result from early altering.  And those behavior problems may result in the dogs not being adopted if surrendered. 

You met Briona, my dane mix when she was a puppy.  I think I told you this story but I will repeat it.  I was told she was a Great Dane, she was sold without papers but I was assured she was pure bred.  The first week I had her I called the woman and asked if she was sure the pups were pure bred, that I didn't think they were.  I told her I had every intention of keeping her, I just wanted to know and was planning on getting her ears cropped but would not do that if she wasn't full dane.  She kept saying she was.  I went ahead and had her cropped and still had a feeling she wasn't 100% dane and made a few more calls to this woman each time being told their was no way the litter wasn't pure dane.   It became apparent that she wasn't full dane as she got older so I took out an ad in the newspaper looking for the buyers of the other female and male that were in the litter.  I was all set to take her to court and sue her.  The "breeder" saw my ad and contacted me and I told her to come and see the dog and that I was ready to sue her, that I had given her numerous chances to come straight.  She agreed to come see her.  The buyer of the male contacted me and he knew exactly why I had placed the ad. He had his suspicions too.  So the breeder came over and so did Bri's brother and she ended up refunding half the money to both of us.   Unfortunately the buyer of the female was shown my ad weeks after this happened so it was too late for me to help her, but I did encourage her to contact her herself. 

What really pissed me off about the whole situation was that she didn't give a shit what happened to those pups.   People bought them thinking they were getting a Great Dane, and didn't get that.  If the person only wanted one dog and wanted a Great Dane, what if they then dumped them at a shelter?  I knew that there was no way I would of done that, but I told her that was pretty low of her and told her exactly what I thought of her and her concern for the puppies.  I was happy to hear that neither of Bri's litter mates had been dumped, that was comforting.  The owner of the male had a St Bernard too and had really wanted a Great Dane but was keeping him.   

I still get pissed when I think of her!  I scoured the paper for some time after that seeing if she was advertising any other litters.   She told me she had gotten a new female puppy and even talked about mating her with Emmett in the future ( I had gotten Emmett shortly before this finally concluded).  Like I would of had anything to do with her.   She didn't think anybody would do anything about her deception.  Wrong!!   Her repeated lies and lack of concern for the welfare of the puppies was my motivation, not the money.
   >:(

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 01:20:42 AM »
Wow I remember meeting Briona! I'm glad you kept her. How long ago was that?

My best dogs and my childhood dog were all mixed bread dogs. They are great pets. My Blackie was a Black Labrador-Weimaraner mix. He looked exactly like a black lab but he had a white goatee and a white stripe on his chest about 4 inches long. He lived 12 year and passed in 1970 when I was sophomore in high school. His picture is right here on my desk next to my computer. His paw-prints are on my heart and he is always with me. 

To me the purity of the breed just isn't an issue. The “spirit” of the animal is. I know that many people have a different view on this. 
and keep moving!

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 05:40:25 AM »
She was 6 in June, so 6 years ago!!   Once I had decided she was mine, that was it.  If I had gotten a call from the "breeder" that night and she said she wasn't sure if she was pure bred, she was still going to stay with me.  That's why I was so pissed at this scam she tried to pull, the other pups might have been dumped when they were older and it was realized they were not full Great Dane.   She didn't care what happened to them.   >:(

I agree it's not the breed, it's the dog itself, but people do sometimes have a preference or a breed in mind, I had always wanted a Great Dane. Her deception could of been very bad for the puppies.  I should of still taken her to court just to teach her a bigger lesson.   >:(   

I wouldn't trade Bri for anything.  Maybe it worked out the way it was supposed to, because if they had been in the paper as a dane mix I probably wouldn't of went to look at them, and I wouldn't be blessed with having her in my life.   :)

Do you have any current companions?

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2007, 05:21:17 PM »

She was 6 in June, so 6 years ago!!   

Do you have any current companions?

Wow it seemed longer. I haven't seen our mutual "freind" in several years.

Now define companions...  ;D I have Rocky, Bullwinkle and Ally (Alexandra) they are quite the pack of pussies! I'll try to get some pics posted.
and keep moving!