Author Topic: Anti-virus programs  (Read 2196 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Anti-virus programs
« on: January 30, 2009, 08:30:48 PM »
My anti-virus program is running out in a matter of weeks. I had Norton and to renew it it would cost me 40 bucks. My brother told me that Comcast(our cable provider) offered Mcafee for free and it was better than Norton, so I DLed it, but I had to remove Norton to make it work for some reason. Is it a good program? It said it was a 120 dollar value, but I have no clue wtf that means. I am DLing a shitload of movies on a BT site and don't want to have any problems. Another thing, since I uninstalled Norton, can I still get the renewal for 40 bucks if this new one sucks? Thanks in advance.
E

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: Anti-virus programs
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 09:01:26 PM »
AVG Free 8.0

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 09:04:52 PM »

Tapper

• Getbig IV
  • You're an SMF!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 06:01:43 AM »

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 01:18:49 PM »
avast

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 08:14:15 AM »
i hate norton, don't like Mcafee.  I have AVG 7.5 on laptop running on vista.  not a big fan of of.  I have ESET on desktop and it flies, doesn't bog the system down at all.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 08:16:16 AM »
Avast is with no doubt the best choice to go, been using it for 4 years already, must have

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 10:54:31 AM »
My anti-virus program is running out in a matter of weeks. I had Norton and to renew it it would cost me 40 bucks. My brother told me that Comcast(our cable provider) offered Mcafee for free and it was better than Norton, so I DLed it, but I had to remove Norton to make it work for some reason. Is it a good program? It said it was a 120 dollar value, but I have no clue wtf that means. I am DLing a shitload of movies on a BT site and don't want to have any problems. Another thing, since I uninstalled Norton, can I still get the renewal for 40 bucks if this new one sucks? Thanks in advance.

Buy ESET Smart Security. It has been just as efficient as F-secure and Norton, but it is cheaper and most of all, it doesn't use resources like those two. In fact it is faster than those, and it is very lite. I have been using it two years now, and will be using it until someone makes better one.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 08:30:51 AM »
I run Mcafee.  I know jack shit about this stuff but I don't have any complaints.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 09:00:39 AM »
I run Mcafee.  I know jack shit about this stuff but I don't have any complaints.

Actually all of this software discussion leads to one simple thing:

The best software is the one that adapt perfectly to YOUR needs.

To many, photoshop is the best, but its hard to use, in the other hand, google's picassa will let you do the same than ps, with just one "im gonna have luck" button.

If mcafee works for you, then thats one you must use.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 07:38:49 PM »

Love mine and have had it for years but every 3 years.....$100 for a three year subscription
D

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 06:46:52 AM »
Been using avast for a couple of years ... its free and doing a great job. :)
?

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 06:51:46 AM »
Been using avast for a couple of years ... its free and doing a great job. :)

isnt it great? especially when you set it to do everything in background, it wont really bother you at all