Author Topic: Palumbo "No one really goes on forums like Getbig anymore"  (Read 8713 times)

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
Re: Palumbo "No one really goes on forums like Getbig anymore"
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2020, 10:28:43 AM »
Palumbo was confusing Getbig with Rxmuscle, he thinks because his forum is dead the rest are too.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2020, 04:27:56 PM »

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2020, 07:04:58 PM »
Just popped in to RX's dead forum and it appears as though someone has set the record straight for Mr. Palumbo.

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2020, 09:05:39 PM »
Palumbo was confusing Getbig with Rxmuscle, he thinks because his forum is dead the rest are too.

Im from australia, aussie forums have died bigtime.

Ive noticed a few international forums not as active compared to years ago

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2020, 09:29:36 PM »
Ron > Dave

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2020, 10:03:46 PM »
Just popped in to RX's dead forum and it appears as though someone has set the record straight for Mr. Palumbo.

Just read your post, nice one...

It's a ghost town over there, palumbo himself never even goes on there.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2020, 02:48:09 PM »
What did he exactly say?

I heard "I mean Getbig is still ********** no one really goes on forums anymore."

EDIT: I think he said "Getbig's still up but...".

He is says getbig is still "AROUND"....

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2020, 02:49:36 PM »
Yet they are still reading posts on Getbig.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2020, 02:42:36 AM »
It's a shame forums dropped in activity, they are/were infinitely more entertaining than whatever people use these days with their real names on it.
I sure am glad I'm not a zoomer and I actually got to experience the golden age of the internet & video games before social medias and SJW/feminist culture.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2020, 02:53:46 AM »
As irrelevant as shoe polish.
Dave Protrudo, stop being small & useless to us.   >:(

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2020, 02:56:55 AM »
I think forums will make a comeback eventually.

Because all social media platforms like ig/twitter/youtube/fb has started quenching free speech and going hard on banning so called "far right" or anything non-SJW really last year or so.

Ron and getbig has kept a quite high ceiling on opinions but maybe he will be pressured to stop allowing free speech too eventually. By then this forum will be dead also.

In sweden we have one forum that is huge(in Forum terms) and very much alive. Over half million users. And reason it is alive is because it has free speech. The marxist goverment has tried shutting that forum down many many times. But has failed because the forum server is locatad in another country than Sweden. And if they started a nation shutdown on traffic there that would be very totalitarian and obvious dictatorship, like Chinas goverment limited internet. And that's why they don't dare to do it,,, yet anyways....

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2020, 03:27:27 AM »
It's a shame forums dropped in activity, they are/were infinitely more entertaining than whatever people use these days with their real names on it.
I sure am glad I'm not a zoomer and I actually got to experience the golden age of the internet & video games before social medias and SJW/feminist culture.
Anonymity allows people's true opinions.

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2020, 05:44:46 AM »
He owes getbig, the condition now known as Palumboism was first diagnosed and named after Dave on this boarding. We have cemented his legacy he he should hshow some respect  :)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2020, 05:57:02 AM »
If he means "noone of note", well, that might be partially true.

The power of this board in its prime was that it was a peanut gallery and a place that people of note in the industry were forced to pay attention to.  That was the amusing thing about it.

Now, they can safely ignore it. 

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2020, 06:13:39 AM »
A poster named Lancet. It's deleted now but this was the original text.

"What is Palumboism or Palumbism ?

Palumboism is a rare, complex disease only seen in the nether ranks of competitive bodybuilders.

The condition is first characterised by the sudden development of an enormous midsection whereby the entire width of the trunk, ribcage and pelvis grows disproportionately whilst the oblique muscles will thicken rapidly and the abdomen will become distended with the patient unable to hold in their stomach.

The condition is further characterised by chronic metamorphasies of the facial and cranial features, culminating in thick folds of dermal tissue round the mouth and thickening of the Levator labii. Mandibular and mental protuberance hypertrophy and overall cranial hyperplasia, accompanied by a dramatic increase in the size of the frontal ridge follows. Premature aging is also common with Palumboism

A particularly spectacular symptom used to confirm diagnosis are disproportionally small limbs on the otherwise gigantic upper body. This is first observed in the upper limbs, where the arms seem to remain in a catabolic shrinking state compared to the torso who's internal structures are growing out of control in all directions. The reasons for this are not yet understood. The quadraceps muscles of the legs also seem to be ever shrinking.

Overall a more neanderthal type structure develops:

In advanced Palumboism the outer dermis takes on a crackly brittle look, almost as if the patient has been glazed or varnished like a ceramic souvenier. The color of the skin will become uneven displaying varying hues and shades from grey to bright orange throughout the entire body, whilst the skin may appear weathered and abnormally aged.

There may also be a high level of vascular distension which never seems to go away in the patient, this will often result in veins having a 'worn out' apperance.

Perhaps the most unusual and distressing issue is that the patient seems totally unaware of what is happening to him.

Post mortem examination of patients sometimes reveals large quantities of a foreign oil-like substance in the biceps and anterior deltoid muscle heads.

What causes Palumboism ?

It is not fully known what causes the disease, although it is speculated that a genetic predisposition combined with an over reliance on high and never ending doses of various anabolic drugs accompanied by a gradual 'shut down' or mutation of the patient's own endiginous endocrine system possibly awakening dormant cro-magnonesque genes are causative factors.

Although Palumboism shares some symptoms with Acromegaly it should not be confused due to the additional conditions described above when making a diagnosis.

Treatments

There is no known cure for Palumboism, as long as the patient remains on his drug regimen there is little comfort and the condition will continue to deteriorate.

Promptly discontinuing drug use may halt further development of the condition although it cannot be fully reversed.

Palumboism in women

Although Palumboism can occur in the female sex it is extremely rare for the condition to reach the advanced stages witnessed in men, therefore accurate and prompt diagnosis becomes more difficult.

Whilst it should be noted that female Palumboism must not be directly confused with the seperate condition of virilization which is more commonly encountered, more cases of female Palumboism are being diagnosed and reported everyday."

;D;D

A classic example of owning some one..
Palumbo probably went on suicide watch after seeing this master piece of a post..

;D   ;D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2020, 06:32:39 AM »
Getbig: "Nobody really cares about Palumbo anymore..."

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2020, 09:14:10 AM »
I emailed Mr. Palumbo and asked him to post on getbig and his response, "I don't even have time to post on my own forum."
X

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2020, 09:52:07 AM »
His name is now part of the English language thanks to Getbig.

VladimirVersic

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2020, 06:50:18 AM »
For myself i always come back.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2020, 10:17:14 AM »
I emailed Mr. Palumbo and asked him to post on getbig and his response, "I don't even have time to post on my own forum."
His schedule is so packed. ::)