Author Topic: John Wick 3  (Read 13088 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: John Wick 3
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2019, 04:14:38 AM »
Replicas and JW3 back to back for Keanu Reeves.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2019, 05:15:30 AM »
1 and 2 were mindless shootouts, so what difference does berry make? 

I just don't care for her personally.  Like a great many other Hollyweirdos, she's opened her mouth one too many times to opine on SJW crap and the like.  Ergo, it becomes difficult to separate her from her stupidity.  She's an okay actress and a beautiful woman but needs to keep her gaping Pandora's maw closed. ;D

And you are correct, it probably won't make much, if any, difference in the quality of the shootouts.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2019, 05:33:36 AM »
Angela Jolie was busy?
X

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2019, 05:49:36 AM »
movie needs more women i can think of many good ones!

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2019, 06:36:58 AM »
LOL seriously. Halle Berry is one of my top 3 of all time and to me she still looks damn good, so I wasn't disappointed to see her but those john wick movies are not about a "highly trained assassin". And I enjoy them. Everyone in every city he goes to knows he's an assassin, I don't think he ever managed to kill someone without it turning into a major clusterfuck gunfight, the only reason he wasn't shot to death (multiple times)  is because his enemies are even worse "assassins" than he is.

She was damn good in the helicopter action set piece.

The crybabies shouldn't be concerned about her in Wick.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2019, 06:54:56 AM »
Halle Berry is one of my top 3 of all time

Halle Berry is in the top 3 all time of every black man.  Why?  Because she's a "black" woman who looks white.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2019, 06:55:00 AM »
women are the best action stars!

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2019, 11:01:37 AM »
Halle Berry is in the top 3 all time of every black man.  Why?  Because she's a "black" woman who looks white.

She's black enough for most of getbig to claim they'll boycott a comic book assasin movie because she's in it. I guess that's black enough for me.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2019, 12:48:23 PM »
Regarding Miss Halle Berry.
Nobody is complaining about her color.

It's not because she is of color, it's because she is an attractive feminine woman that is not credible as a tough assassin killing men.

We'd complain as much if it was Nicole Kidman, Hayden Panettiere or Michelle McCarthy as well.

The lesbo they had in John Wick 2 is more credible because of her behavior, manner and background. Probably a tomboy growing up not scared of getting her hands dirty.

Prime-Sigorney Weaver (she has some size on her and can generate a more cold demeanor than Halle) would be more credible than Halle.

Someone like Lucija Rijker would be more credible as a hired killer.

Halle should play eye candy in the John Wick-movie and not a tough killer.
Q

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2019, 01:13:13 PM »
The other poster is the first person who brought up race.

The fact of the matter is that Berry has played in action movies before and has been good. Her role will likely be similar to the Ms. Perkins character in the first one, so it's not like the addition of an attractive woman assassin is some huge deviation from the previous pics. Ruby Rose wasn't especially good or "credible" in the second one and it's laughable that people are pretending Halle Berry joining the cast is somehow a blow to the quality of the franchise. They are entertaining movies that are just ok (if that) if you judge them by any other standard than being crowdpleasers.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2019, 01:24:05 PM »
Out of all the woman actresses, Berry is probably one of the best pics.

With that said, it’s an assassin movie that doesn’t exactky purport to reality. I’ve never minded Berry. I mean, she tends to stay out of the political spotlight moreso than others, so who cares.

Getbiggers are a bunch of snowflakes.
X

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2019, 01:27:29 PM »
Didn't think Ruby Rose was a necessary addition either, but a tad more credible than Halle Berry, Melissa McCarthy, Charlize Theron et al.

Would be better if they skipped female assassins entirely, since it tarnishes the genre.

We can accept leather jacket-clad buffoons waterskiing and jumping above sharks, but not this.
Q

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2019, 01:30:51 PM »
it's really a miracle how brands like nike, nfl, john wick can survive with all these getbig boycotts being actioned against them. i mean...they must be losing anywhere in the region of $50-$100 per year due to this!

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2019, 01:31:29 PM »
Out of all the woman actresses, Berry is probably one of the best pics.

With that said, it’s an assassin movie that doesn’t exactky purport to reality. I’ve never minded Berry. I mean, she tends to stay out of the political spotlight moreso than others, so who cares.

Getbiggers are a bunch of snowflakes.
I just think she is a bad actor again. Her one line in that preview was awfully presented by her in facial expression, tone, and delivery. Very michelle rodriguez-like.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2019, 01:35:29 PM »
it's really a miracle how brands like nike, nfl, john wick can survive with all these getbig boycotts being actioned against them. i mean...they must be losing anywhere in the region of $50-$100 per year due to this!
Who is boycotting? One guy said he might not see it. If she plays a large part he might be making the right choice.

Don't think you showed off your attic yet. Good insulation? R-50?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2019, 01:48:30 PM »
Hah, nobody is boycotting, we're merely stating the poor choice of actor/acress for a role.

If they add female assassins they need to be credible is all.

Adding someone like Melissa McCarthy would turn it into a comedy/slapstick which is not what people want to see when they watch John Wick.

Suspension of disbelief.

Q

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2019, 01:50:48 PM »
Who is boycotting? One guy said he might not see it. If she plays a large part he might be making the right choice.

Don't think you showed off your attic yet. Good insulation? R-50?

you'd only boycott watching the vid

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2019, 01:51:10 PM »
whats makes keanu reeves credible? he's too pretty to be an assassin.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2019, 02:02:55 PM »
I just think she is a bad actor again. Her one line in that preview was awfully presented by her in facial expression, tone, and delivery. Very michelle rodriguez-like.

I liked her in some things and haven’t liked her another things.

Also, she’s a household name, so I’m sure that was a good motivator to get her in.

With that said, I have thoroughly enjoyed all the Wick movies, and will see 3.
X

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2019, 02:04:57 PM »
Hah, nobody is boycotting, we're merely stating the poor choice of actor/acress for a role.

You say "hah" as if it's funny or unreasonable to conclude, when half of the posters in this thread have stated as much before. Didn't gay4more claim he cancelled his netflix subscription because it was too pc? And then didn't he say he would never see Black Panther? Then somehow when Black Panther came to netflix, someone forced him to watch it somehow and he posted a review.  ::) Some of these other posters have claimed they are boycotting Hollywood, entertainment, sports because of sjw culture, too.  

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2019, 02:14:40 PM »

You say "hah" as if it's funny or unreasonable to conclude, when half of the posters in this thread have stated as much before. Didn't gay4more claim he cancelled his netflix subscription because it was too pc? And then didn't he say he would never see Black Panther? Then somehow when Black Panther came to netflix, someone forced him to watch it somehow and he posted a review.  ::) Some of these other posters have claimed they are boycotting Hollywood, entertainment, sports because of sjw culture, too.  

I don't recall ever saying I would never watch Black Panther.  Maybe I did, I say a lot of crazy shit.  Regardless, I thought my review of Black Panther was one of the best threads of 2018.

I definitely boycott a lot of Hollywood movies but Halle Berry isn't enough to turn me off of John Wick.  John Wick is essentially just Keanu Reeves shooting people in the face for 2 hours.  Sign me up.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2019, 07:50:24 PM »
Loved the first one,  not so much the second, took way too much punishment, including getting shot in the side and still carried on, plus no one was afraid to take him on like he had no reputation atall

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2019, 08:04:23 PM »
Should have been Cobie Smulders as the female assasin

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2019, 12:42:20 AM »
One guy on Getbig refusing to see a movie is not a boycott.
Q

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2019, 05:30:38 AM »
She's black enough for most of getbig to claim they'll boycott a comic book assasin movie because she's in it. I guess that's black enough for me.

If that's what matters to you, fine.  :)  I just don't care for her SJW hypocrisy which is well documented.  As I said, she is a beautiful woman and an okay actress.  That's enough for most of the world.  If I buy the film (on 4k,!) it's because I've enjoyed it's predecessors enough to make it a part of my collection and will more than likely enjoy it enough to watch it a brazillion times over the coming years.