Author Topic: People who don't leash their pets or pay attention to laws.  (Read 1417 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
People who don't leash their pets or pay attention to laws.
« on: December 30, 2007, 12:03:09 PM »
Am I the only one incensed by people who let their pets run around in their front yards, on trails, in parks, in public in general off leash?  Quite consistently i see people doing this and i always wonder if they are compeltely ignorant of the fact that in the most places, its completely illegal?  All animal control would have to do to make more money is drive around neighboorhoods, find people with their dogs out front off leash and fine them.  Not only does it invite potentially dangerous situations with other dogs, the likelihood of your dog getting hit by a car skyrockets.  This girl i know has a dog that attacked a chicken at a college campus (it sounds funny, but its not) that was part of an experiment.  She was extremely angry about having to pay the vet bill for a chicken.  Conversation:

me: how did your dog get to that chicken? 
her: the chickens weren't really enclosed.
me: So why did you walk her so closely by them?
her: well she didn't come when i called her
me:so your dog was off leash?
her: yeah
me: you know... thats completely illegal and you've only got yourself to blame
her: but she hates being on her leash

LOng story short, she's a fucking dumb bitch, but represents a large faction of the dog owning population.

CAT owners are even worse though.  In most places its illegal to let your cat out of your yard off a leash.  Yes, most "outdoor" cat owners let their cats go wherever they want and leave food out for it and only when their cat comes back clawed up, bloodied or pregnant do they realize the problem.  And even then they usually don't do anything to rectify the situation.  I'll never understand why there isn't public education and information on pet ownership laws.

temper35

• Getbig III
Re: People who don't leash their pets or pay attention to laws.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 05:48:39 PM »
Am I the only one incensed by people who let their pets run around in their front yards, on trails, in parks, in public in general off leash?  Quite consistently i see people doing this and i always wonder if they are compeltely ignorant of the fact that in the most places, its completely illegal?  All animal control would have to do to make more money is drive around neighboorhoods, find people with their dogs out front off leash and fine them.  Not only does it invite potentially dangerous situations with other dogs, the likelihood of your dog getting hit by a car skyrockets.  This girl i know has a dog that attacked a chicken at a college campus (it sounds funny, but its not) that was part of an experiment.  She was extremely angry about having to pay the vet bill for a chicken.  Conversation:

LOng story short, she's a fucking dumb bitch, but represents a large faction of the dog owning population.

CAT owners are even worse though.  In most places its illegal to let your cat out of your yard off a leash.  Yes, most "outdoor" cat owners let their cats go wherever they want and leave food out for it and only when their cat comes back clawed up, bloodied or pregnant do they realize the problem.  And even then they usually don't do anything to rectify the situation.  I'll never understand why there isn't public education and information on pet ownership laws.

Basically yeah

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 03:43:18 PM »
What gets me worse....is when I'm walking my dog & another dog comes up off leash & the owner says "don't worry....he's ok....he doesn't bite".

Now granted....maybe 1 out 100 instances so far it may not have happened...or maybe that dog is ok with greeting people......but why in HELL would they feel comfortable with their dog approaching a strange dog let alone a Big Assed Rottweiler?  How do they know my dog doesn't hate other dogs & wants to kill them?

Now granted...he's probably the most socialized dog we've ever had & he knows how to socialize with dogs......but he's an intact male.  If there is a female in the area thats in heat....I've seen Males act differently especially with the scent in the area.

temper35

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 07:00:14 PM »
What gets me worse....is when I'm walking my dog & another dog comes up off leash & the owner says "don't worry....he's ok....he doesn't bite".

Now granted....maybe 1 out 100 instances so far it may not have happened...or maybe that dog is ok with greeting people......but why in HELL would they feel comfortable with their dog approaching a strange dog let alone a Big Assed Rottweiler?  How do they know my dog doesn't hate other dogs & wants to kill them?

Now granted...he's probably the most socialized dog we've ever had & he knows how to socialize with dogs......but he's an intact male.  If there is a female in the area thats in heat....I've seen Males act differently especially with the scent in the area.

Yeah no matter how trained a dog is, a female in heat somewhere can be an issue for any male.  When Plato was younger he was in my yard and we have a huge 10 foot wall around it because of an inground pool law, but he must of smelled a female somewhere because he was like frantic running along the wall and marking, and then propping himself up on it, sniffing and marking.  I was like wow it is getting close to neuter time, lol.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 08:22:36 PM »

Agree.  People cant even raise thier kids, let alone pets.  Bunch of lazy fucks who follow the path of least resistance.

also if one dog is on a leash and the other is not problems usually start if one dog is dominante.  I was walking my dog on leash and this stupid lazy lady opened her door to let her dog out to pee and she thought the thing would stay in the yard.  Well it a adult male german Shep and it is not trained at all and when it saw me and my dog across the street it came at us in a mildly aggressive manner.  Well i was telling the dog to go away and then he tried to jump on my dog.  man I dont give a fuck i kicked that fucking dog so hard in the ribs screamed at him and swung at him.  after that he kind of charged us but i chased after his ass.  Thing is I became the aggressor and this dog backed off.

See i dont care my dogs my family and if anyone fucks with him Im in the mix.  Now this is not with rough play or dogs jostling for possition in the pack.  This for attacks.

RancherRanger

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 11:28:06 AM »
Our 2 are inside dogs.  When there outside, mainly to potty there on leashes all the time.  I hate when people let there animals run free.  And what's funny is there first to complain when that animal is hit, poisoned, etc.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 12:38:21 AM »
Agree.  People cant even raise thier kids, let alone pets.  Bunch of lazy fucks who follow the path of least resistance.

See i dont care my dogs my family and if anyone fucks with him Im in the mix.  Now this is not with rough play or dogs jostling for possition in the pack.  This for attacks.

Quote #1 and #2 of the week.  ;D