Author Topic: It's Official, Our gym opens to the public May 1.  (Read 6102 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: It's Official, Our gym opens to the public May 1.
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2012, 04:56:35 PM »

good luck dude!

LOL, Coach doesn't believe in recession ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2012, 05:05:34 PM »
LOL, Coach doesn't believe in recession ;D

What's a recession? LOL

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2012, 05:07:16 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2012, 05:08:50 PM »

Yeah, gotcha.
I believe the bottom line is, it's NOT your average gym.

Not even close. If I opened an average gym it would fail. We have a pretty solid business model.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2012, 05:22:47 PM »
$549.00

Thanks for answering, is there any chance at a daily pass cost estimate?  I just want to see The Coach in action one day.

TEAM Nasser

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2012, 05:44:00 PM »
What's a recession? LOL

Aren't you living in a broke state?  ;D
But in all seriousness, I understand you're not the guy who starts a 13/dozen gym, but how many people can afford those fee's in your area?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2012, 05:54:51 PM »
Not even close. If I opened an average gym it would fail. We have a pretty solid business model.

And, unfortunately, I think most people here are equating it to an "average" gym, which is not a fair or accurate comparison.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2012, 06:02:01 PM »
Had to laugh at the parking lot comment. Coach is up there with Goodrum and his gym in the sky. Hope it has huge tires, ropes, chains and balls. Should be state of the art.

::)

(Photo Above: CPB Champ Melvin Wells - Mr. New York State 1949)

Another pre-roid, Golden Age champ who is not well known is Melvin Wells. He was born 1919 and died 1994. He was from Buffalo, New York and was known as the “Buffalo Hercules” in honour of his hometown.

Melvin was Mr. New York State 1949 and won the “Most Muscular” title in the Mr. America competition of that year. He also placed 2nd (behind Jack Delinger) in the Mr. America 1950 contest and was Mr. Strength and Health 1951.

Perhaps the most inspirational thing about Melvin Wells is that he did not begin training in the most modern or optimal facilities. He built his classic physique through pure determination and made the best out of his situation. When he began, he actually trained with large rocks in an unheated garage!

This should motivate people who, for example, cannot afford a gym membership or are training at home. You don’t have to use the best equipment etc. The best or optimal gift you have is not your “good” genes for building a muscular body. You don’t have to have any forefathers who were strongman, wrestlers etc. The most irreplaceable gift you have is your health and determination.

That may sound odd, but does it not all start with health and determination? Because with these, you can make the best out of your situation – even if you must start training at home with large rocks!
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2012, 06:33:44 PM »
Aren't you living in a broke state?  ;D
But in all seriousness, I understand you're not the guy who starts a 13/dozen gym, but how many people can afford those fee's in your area?

Huntington Beach (Huntington Harbour, Seacliff area, etc) is a pretty affluent area with high disposable incomes. In my area of training, parents are willing to pay for their kids to improve in their particular sport be it football, baseball, soccer, LaCrosse or whatever. parents are becoming more educated in the benefits of trainers who know how to train not only athletes but young athletes. For the $549.00 we offer a complete athletic program, soft tissue work, strength training,conditioning, speed programs, etc. approximately 3-4 days per week this includes nutrition and the mandatory recovery supplementation, ice bathes (when needed) after training. Again, thats just one program. If parents know their kids are in good hands they will pay but it's the results that keep them in the programs. BTW, the $549 is a 12 month commitment. We have approximately 30 kids in this program.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2012, 06:35:20 PM »
Can black people join? I like to wear my Obama shirt while training.

DBX

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2012, 06:42:03 PM »
Huntington Beach (Huntington Harbour, Seacliff area, etc) is a pretty affluent area with high disposable incomes. In my area of training, parents are willing to pay for their kids to improve in their particular sport be it football, baseball, soccer, LaCrosse or whatever. parents are becoming more educated in the benefits of trainers who know how to train not only athletes but young athletes. For the $549.00 we offer a complete athletic program, soft tissue work, strength training,conditioning, speed programs, etc. approximately 3-4 days per week this includes nutrition and the mandatory recovery supplementation, ice bathes (when needed) after training. Again, thats just one program. If parents know their kids are in good hands they will pay but it's the results that keep them in the programs. BTW, the $549 is a 12 month commitment. We have approximately 30 kids in this program.
you can get the same training you're providing for less than 1/4 of the price you're charging, you're just gouging people cause you live in orange county

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2012, 06:44:22 PM »
Funnily enough I walked my dogs with my ex today and she was saying we should think about giving it another go. I am tempted - she is very trustworthy but incredibly selfish and argumentative.

edit: haha, wtf... I thought this Groink's gf thread. Er..good luck with the gym, coach.
O

MikMaq

« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2012, 06:47:15 PM »
You got a track or something, how is one suppose to run, without treadmills, concrete dont cut it, and soft shift costs money.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2012, 07:01:37 PM »
you can get the same training you're providing for less than 1/4 of the price you're charging, you're just gouging people cause you live in orange county

Wanna bet?

DBX

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2012, 07:31:46 PM »
Wanna bet?

yes i do, there are tons of gyms in north america running the exact same cookie cutter bench,squat, dead , rope ,tires ,single leg squat ,step up and lunge routine of yours.

You didnt invent it , you can go to butt fuck idaho and get the same shit for the fraction of the price , you're just taking advantage of all the rich soccer moms who give all the little jimmys what they want ,what you do is the equivalent of bottle services ,  charging four,five times the market value because of the location you're in  

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2012, 08:08:27 PM »
yes i do, there are tons of gyms in north america running the exact same cookie cutter bench,squat, dead , rope ,tires ,single leg squat ,step up and lunge routine of yours.

You didnt invent it , you can go to butt fuck idaho and get the same shit for the fraction of the price , you're just taking advantage of all the rich soccer moms who give all the little jimmys what they want ,what you do is the equivalent of bottle services ,  charging four,five times the market value because of the location you're in  

1. No one program is the same. To prove it. if I asked you to design a program (I've asked this before of someone else and I got excuses as to why they didn't do it) for football, off-season to in season, speed programs including teaching mechanics, testing, etc, etc, etc can you do it? Good, neither can most people unless thats what they specialize in.

2. I never said I invented anything.

3. You're delusional if you think what I do can be done at a fraction of the price. This ain't Golds, 24hr fitness, Planet Fitness or any other "cookie cutter" gym, and those gyms are just that...cookie cutter. 

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2012, 08:25:41 PM »
all these sports come down to if they are naturals at the sport and have good genetics, as well as respond well to drugs, training helps, but playing the sport(practice) is enough training for the most part, little weight room that is it.  You try to make it so complicated, but it isn't.

TEAM Nasser

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2012, 08:28:57 PM »
all these sports come down to if they are naturals at the sport and have good genetics, as well as respond well to drugs, training helps, but playing the sport(practice) is enough training for the most part, little weight room that is it.  You try to make it so complicated, but it isn't.

God please just STFU ::)

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2012, 08:58:23 PM »
what's your gym's name?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2012, 09:35:34 PM »
$549.00!!!!!!!!!! :o :o
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

jakesonyou

• Getbig III
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2012, 09:48:13 PM »
total rip off!

Your training and your personal trainers will be no different than anyone else!  Making the gullible customers do useless exercises just to waste time and empty their wallets!

I pay $199 a year to access to a gym open 6-12am.  access to pool, hockey rink, showers, saunas, free towels, lounge, and more.

For someone on a bodybuilding forum this is so saddening.  This is why Americans get bad rep.  You know what's right, but you still do wrong to pocket cash!

You are a scammer.  Scam, scam, and more scam  >:(

L.L

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2012, 09:53:28 PM »
549.00 monthly better gets me 1 shot of prop ,3 ius of gh x 3  times per week with my membership

DBX

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2012, 03:21:30 AM »
1. No one program is the same. To prove it. if I asked you to design a program (I've asked this before of someone else and I got excuses as to why they didn't do it) for football, off-season to in season, speed programs including teaching mechanics, testing, etc, etc, etc can you do it? Good, neither can most people unless thats what they specialize in.

2. I never said I invented anything.

3. You're delusional if you think what I do can be done at a fraction of the price. This ain't Golds, 24hr fitness, Planet Fitness or any other "cookie cutter" gym, and those gyms are just that...cookie cutter. 

pure unadulterated bull shit ,  there are tons of GREAT  S&C's all over north america that dont gouge as brutally as you, 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2012, 04:05:06 AM »
total rip off!

Your training and your personal trainers will be no different than anyone else!  Making the gullible customers do useless exercises just to waste time and empty their wallets!

I pay $199 a year to access to a gym open 6-12am.  access to pool, hockey rink, showers, saunas, free towels, lounge, and more.

For someone on a bodybuilding forum this is so saddening.  This is why Americans get bad rep.  You know what's right, but you still do wrong to pocket cash!

You are a scammer.  Scam, scam, and more scam  >:(

Thanks for that. But your not paying for the gym.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2012, 04:15:35 AM »
pure unadulterated bull shit ,  there are tons of GREAT  S&C's all over north america that dont gouge as brutally as you, 

How good are you at math?

If you take the average personal trainer the usually charge what, $50-55? If the client comes in 3x per week x 4 weeks that's $600-660 per month. We offer more for less with 10 x's the training and experience of the average trainer. I know for a fact Joe defranco charges waay more than that and his training isn't that much more different than mine. He just has great PR.