Author Topic: It's not just the weather that's cooler in Canada  (Read 32141 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: It's not just the weather that's cooler in Canada
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2006, 09:49:22 AM »
Ok ur a typical " Canadian" always saying americans are ignorant 
Typical Canadians, who can be boring, don't live in NYC for 15 years as I have.

I think some of you should visit Montreal & Toronto before you make any more silly comments.

There aren't many cities in the US as modern as either of those two, and the girls in Montreal can't be beat.

As far as going for life-saving surgery, you're only reading American based stories, which obviously involve bringing someone to an American hospital! Be more international and read foreign publications and you'll see the names of foreign hospitals, genius.

You have no clue-Microsoft recruits heavily in Canada. IMAX and Pam Anderson are Canadian..

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2006, 09:55:04 AM »
Anyone who lives in more than one country's more interesting-internationalists rather than having the sensibility of a particular country.

Trying to introduce something new to someone who only knows their hometown is a lot of work.

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2006, 09:55:43 AM »
You're just ignorant. Did you know that alot of American doctors go to school in Canada?

You are the typical ignorant American that people around the world detest.

It's true, but there is no perfect world. Higher taxes in Canada = better quality of life-better/cleaner streets, etc.

I agree with you about immigration, hopefully they'll change that soon but the reason it happens in the first place is that Canada's a more welcoming society in general, which isn't a bad thing even though it's gone too far.

You're absolutely right about the typical ignorant American.  he is exactly what I hate about the states.  With high taxes, we could make some cuts, instead of giving all that money to special interest groups.  I agree you need a welfare system, but ours could be a little stricter.  On immigration, I I think it is bad right now.  We do need more immigration, but it's the type that bothers me.  Right now it's easy to get into Canada if you are from a 3rd world country, but if your from Europe forget it.  Did you know that that terroist that got into a shoot out withy American soldiers in the middle east, and is now crippled in a wheelchair, we are paying for him and his family on welfare, and his medical bills.  Thius is the kid that his father died in the shoot out an dhe lived.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2006, 10:00:33 AM »
One last thing for the Americans:
How do you explain the obsenity of the numerous 3rd-world SLUMS in the US, especially in the northeast-Detroit, Compton, Newark, Baltimore, Philly, Los Angeles, etc.? Drive from modern Toronto over to Detroit if you really want to be depressed!

This doesn't even exist in Canada-Canadian "slums" are laughably clean-cut in comparison, hardly anything, because people have too much pride to ever let that happen.

The American slums are absurd-New Orleans is actually a blessing, now all those horrible 3rd world houses will be replaced with civilized housing that should've been done years ago.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2006, 10:06:04 AM »
Under the system of socialized medicine in Canada and Europe, people die because waiting lists to see doctors are too long to permit them to receive cardiac care in time

Sure, in a highly-educated country like Canada, people are virtually dying in the streets! That makes good newspaper fodder. The system isn't perfect but no one in serious need is ignored.

Much much better system than the Americans are stuck with & have put off adopting.

You should get out more, go and visit Montreal in the summer. You'll probably want to move there afterwards.

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2006, 10:13:01 AM »
Too bad your country is being over run by undesirables. People of European descent will soon be a minority. Your government is a joke. You have no history as a nation. Your flag dates from 1968 and means nothing. Your country has no foreign policy. Someday soon Canada will dissolve and just be assimilated in the USA.

Well stated.  Undesirable is an excellent choice of words.

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2006, 10:15:23 AM »
So a kid suffers cause he is born poor.

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2006, 10:19:47 AM »
well that's one of the main philosophical differences between Americans and Canadians right there:  
is health care a commercial service like everything else or is it more like a universal human right?

your bang on!

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2006, 10:24:26 AM »
Funny shit. To get treated for beast cancer or have a heart transpant you have to wait in line a mile long. But for seeing your locate family doctor or seeing a doctor in the hospital for a broken leg you don't wait any longer then you would in the States.  

And as a reminder, Canada already has a two-tier health care program installed. Our current PM has his own private jet and doctor from private clinic

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2006, 10:27:29 AM »
Unless somebody is severely mentally ill and thus cannot act in his or her own best interests, there is no reason for anybody to be living on the streets in Canada.  Food banks, free shelter etc. exist for those who are struggling with the basic necessities of life.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2006, 10:29:11 AM »
Funny shit. To get treated for beast cancer or have a heart transpant you have to wait in line a mile long. But for seeing your locate family doctor or seeing a doctor in the hospital for a broken leg you don't wait any longer then you would in the States.  

And as a reminder, Canada already has a two-tier health care program installed. Our current PM has his own private jet and doctor from private clinic

Thanks for chiming in Stephen Harper.  :)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2006, 10:33:26 AM »
The women in Montreal are hot.   ;D 

ignorance

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2006, 10:35:32 AM »
It is treated the same. It is called a food garden. You grow your own food in your backyard. And if you are too poor to do that there is always cows somewhere in a field.

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2006, 10:43:36 AM »
Because................. .....instead of restaurants being free, we have food banks.  Why do restaurants have to be free in order for the poor to be fed?  That is my point!  You sound like a broken record.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2006, 10:44:44 AM »
Too bad your country is being over run by undesirables. People of European descent will soon be a minority. Undesirable is an excellent choice of words.

Look out the window-it's the US that has been mongrelized by any number of foreign illiterates!

Do your homework and you'll find that the immigrants entering Canada for the most part have something to offer, rather than coming in and immediately weighing down social welfare as seen in the US. There aren't the same racial problems because the work ethic is similar between foreign nationals and Canadian citizens.

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2006, 10:45:52 AM »
Actually it's the US that has been mongrelized by any number of illiterates. Do you homework and you'll find that the immigrants entering Canada for the most part have something to offer, rather than coming in and weighing down social welfare as seen in the US.

I'm Canadian, and I beg to differ.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2006, 10:47:20 AM »
So am I-come and live here in the US for a while and Canada will seem like paradise re: undesirables & immigrants.

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2006, 10:50:30 AM »
I have alot of Canadian friends who now live in the U.S, and they love it.  I guess for now.  They all make more money then me, pay less taxes, and have a better standard of living.  Here in Canada, its hard to get ahead, because the more money you try to make, the more they punish u with a higher percentage of taxes.  

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2006, 10:52:08 AM »
Canada is largely a nation of immigrants.  Historically, immigration has been a net benefit to Canada.  One of the main problems now is that immigrants are applying to Canada with good foreign academic credentials but when they arrive they're stuck in jobs like driving cabs etc. because it's a very slow process for their professional requirements to be recognized in Canada.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2006, 10:53:01 AM »
Canadians living in the US generally come here with existing good job offers and live in yuppie communities that shelter them from the bad.

The overall quality of life in the US, especially in the northeast, is much lower considering all the bad neighborhoods, ones that your friends tend to ignore & don't live anywhere near.

They'll have less taxes, but the standard of living's not as good in many but not all US cities. Also, the economy in Canada's been better than in the US for years now.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2006, 11:12:15 AM »
So, if you are born into a poor family, is it fair that you get  second rate health care, as oppose to someone born into a rich family.

i bet anything you're a geekaholic communist

ignorance

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2006, 11:57:58 AM »
Go Green Party! :-X

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2006, 01:46:11 PM »
i bet anything you're a geekaholic communist

Neither a geek or a communist.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2006, 01:48:58 PM »
I just voted.  Liberal.  So don't blame me for what happens to Canada over the next 2-4 years.

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2006, 01:50:25 PM »
I just voted also, conservative........time for a change, I think.