Author Topic: IRS issue resolved now? can you admit you were wrong?  (Read 1600 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
IRS issue resolved now? can you admit you were wrong?
« on: August 21, 2013, 07:55:39 AM »
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/20/definitive-proof-republicans-irs-lied-congress-public-irs-scandal.html

Not only  were progressives just as scrutinized but they were the only ones not to succeed with their application, lol.

Lied to again, more waste.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: IRS issue resolved now? can you admit you were wrong?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 08:19:56 AM »
Fuck the irs no matter what

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 10:24:42 AM »
Fuck the irs no matter what

sure, but the point is that some nutjobs will take an obviously false partisan tactic and run with it. This is the reason for the apathy of the people, stupid people.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 11:49:47 AM »
You keep posting from douchbag lib websites that the scandal aint a scandal.....its a scandal....you're wrong as usual. Somebody said you're not even American....if so worry about your own country.
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 11:54:30 AM »
One of the few still arguing the IRS didn't do what they already admitted to doing.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 11:58:16 AM »
One of the few still arguing the IRS didn't do what they already admitted to doing.

Haha, exactly.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 12:03:31 PM »
You keep posting from douchbag lib websites that the scandal aint a scandal.....its a scandal....you're wrong as usual. Somebody said you're not even American....if so worry about your own country.

The whole thing has been released, it blantantly states that the only groups denied were progressive groups.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 12:05:02 PM »

what did they admit to doing? targeting only conservative groups with a political agenda? or admitting they targeted clear political partisan applications that really should have been denied? they didn't target right or left as Issa claimed nor did Obama have anything to do with it.

Go learn about bell curves dummy.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 01:05:45 PM »
How could people be "wrong" about the IRS scandal, when the IRS admitted wrongdoing?  And Lois Lerner took the Fifth?   

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 02:35:48 PM »
How could people be "wrong" about the IRS scandal, when the IRS admitted wrongdoing?  And Lois Lerner took the Fifth?   

Because you can get details wrong, so you are suggesting that the outcome is all that matters?

So the fact that you assholes were going on about the White House ordering the IRS to attack the right doesn't matter? the testimonies, the bullshit Issa dragged the tax payers through?

Just forget all the partisan lies for weeks?

do you want me to bump all the threads with everyone on the right saying that the tea party orgs were unfairly attacked? that Obama used the IRS as a tool against his rivals?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 02:41:24 PM »
Because you can get details wrong, so you are suggesting that the outcome is all that matters?

So the fact that you assholes were going on about the White House ordering the IRS to attack the right doesn't matter? the testimonies, the bullshit Issa dragged the tax payers through?

Just forget all the partisan lies for weeks?

do you want me to bump all the threads with everyone on the right saying that the tea party orgs were unfairly attacked? that Obama used the IRS as a tool against his rivals?

Are you saying the IRS admitted to wrongdoing, but they had their own "details" wrong? 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 07:48:25 PM »
Are you saying the IRS admitted to wrongdoing, but they had their own "details" wrong? 

Don't you know that opinion pieces on the internet are more accurate than the IRS itself?  ::)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 08:12:43 PM »

No, nice try though. I am clearly referring to the tactic of taking things out of context, like all you did, issa included. You guys went on and on about Obama targeting tea party groups, meanwhile the left was just as scrutinized and the only two denials were left leaning nutcases.

as a mod (fellow mod) you set a shitty example by obfuscating the issue and playing ignorant. Issa was wrong, what was the scandal? why was Obama ever mentioned? so the IRS targeted the correct groups for scrutiny and this is Obama's fault?

Just pointing out that working together to rid politics of this bullshit should be the goal. You were celebrating Issa draggin this shit on and on.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 10:24:52 AM »
No, nice try though. I am clearly referring to the tactic of taking things out of context, like all you did, issa included. You guys went on and on about Obama targeting tea party groups, meanwhile the left was just as scrutinized and the only two denials were left leaning nutcases.

as a mod (fellow mod) you set a shitty example by obfuscating the issue and playing ignorant. Issa was wrong, what was the scandal? why was Obama ever mentioned? so the IRS targeted the correct groups for scrutiny and this is Obama's fault?

Just pointing out that working together to rid politics of this bullshit should be the goal. You were celebrating Issa draggin this shit on and on.

Thank you very much.  I take a lot of pride in setting a good example as a moderator.  I really earn my pay around here. :)

And you, as a Canadian, set a fine example of a . . . Canadian. 

But you haven't answered the question.  You said people were "wrong" about whether the IRS targeted conservative and Tea Party groups.  When I asked you about the IRS admitting they did this, you said "Because you can get details wrong."  I'm not even sure what that means.

Let me ask a different question:  why did the IRS admit they targeted conservative and Tea Party groups? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 10:25:28 AM »
Don't you know that opinion pieces on the internet are more accurate than the IRS itself?  ::)

Yep.  I don't think he's really interested in the facts. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 02:13:25 PM »
Thank you very much.  I take a lot of pride in setting a good example as a moderator.  I really earn my pay around here. :)

And you, as a Canadian, set a fine example of a . . . Canadian. 

But you haven't answered the question.  You said people were "wrong" about whether the IRS targeted conservative and Tea Party groups.  When I asked you about the IRS admitting they did this, you said "Because you can get details wrong."  I'm not even sure what that means.

Let me ask a different question:  why did the IRS admit they targeted conservative and Tea Party groups? 

the issue wasn't if they were targeting the tea party groups they were...wait for it, hear comes the need for intellect, but they should have and targeted left groups as well. Thus it wasn't a partisan nor Obama related issue at all.

See hear

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=479980.0

you have 33 posting articles citing Obama used the IRS to target political enemies. Crazy fucking loons. Play dumb now though and skirt the issue.

another lunatic thread

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=479378.0

so again just answer these questions

did Obama use the IRS for his gain?

did the irs unfairly unscrutinize tea party groups while letting liberal like groups pass?

The IRS admitted they targeted groups, not tea party or occupy or stop being a retard.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 03:25:01 PM »
the issue wasn't if they were targeting the tea party groups they were...wait for it, hear comes the need for intellect, but they should have and targeted left groups as well. Thus it wasn't a partisan nor Obama related issue at all.

See hear

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=479980.0

you have 33 posting articles citing Obama used the IRS to target political enemies. Crazy fucking loons. Play dumb now though and skirt the issue.

another lunatic thread

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=479378.0

so again just answer these questions

did Obama use the IRS for his gain?

did the irs unfairly unscrutinize tea party groups while letting liberal like groups pass?

The IRS admitted they targeted groups, not tea party or occupy or stop being a retard.

Do you talk to people like this in real life?  I don't read all of your posts, but you call people stupid in almost every post you make.  Must be difficult always being the smartest guy in the room, no? 

In any event, no the IRS did not target 100 percent of liberal groups the way it did with tea party groups.  Here is what the IG said:

“Our audit did not find evidence that the IRS used the ‘progressives’ identifier as selection criteria for potential political cases between May 2010 and May 2012,” George wrote in the letter obtained by The Hill.

The inspector general also stressed that 100 percent of the groups with “Tea Party,” “patriots” and “9/12” in their name were flagged for extra attention.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/06/27/irs-inspector-general-no-liberal-groups-werent-targeted-the-way-tea-party-groups-were/

To answer your questions:

1.  Of course the president used the IRS to target political opponents, which benefitted him.  He didn't give someone a memo with that kind of directive.  He didn't have too.  He just publicly criticized those groups and said they needed to be investigated.  That's why the targeting happened.  Those people did exactly what the president wanted them to do.  Is there a smoking gun?  Of course not.

2.  Yes.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 03:39:44 PM »
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/20/definitive-proof-republicans-irs-lied-congress-public-irs-scandal.html

Not only  were progressives just as scrutinized but they were the only ones not to succeed with their application, lol.

Regardless, the existence of the IRS in and of itself is wrong, so in turn, you're wrong... As usual

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 03:40:32 PM »
Do you talk to people like this in real life?  I don't read all of your posts, but you call people stupid in almost every post you make.  Must be difficult always being the smartest guy in the room, no? 

In any event, no the IRS did not target 100 percent of liberal groups the way it did with tea party groups.  Here is what the IG said:

“Our audit did not find evidence that the IRS used the ‘progressives’ identifier as selection criteria for potential political cases between May 2010 and May 2012,” George wrote in the letter obtained by The Hill.

The inspector general also stressed that 100 percent of the groups with “Tea Party,” “patriots” and “9/12” in their name were flagged for extra attention.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/06/27/irs-inspector-general-no-liberal-groups-werent-targeted-the-way-tea-party-groups-were/

To answer your questions:

1.  Of course the president used the IRS to target political opponents, which benefitted him.  He didn't give someone a memo with that kind of directive.  He didn't have too.  He just publicly criticized those groups and said they needed to be investigated.  That's why the targeting happened.  Those people did exactly what the president wanted them to do.  Is there a smoking gun?  Of course not.

2.  Yes.

Less than Zero Proof of this but since you believe then you must believe that he also told them to scrutinize groups with the word "Emerge" in their names

Why do you think Obama would want to deny 501c4 status to groups that train Democratic women to seek office?

http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/domestic-taxes/317855-dems-irs-screened-for-acorn-successors-dem-groups
The new information from Cummings and Levin also shows that IRS officials were told to keep their eyes open for so-called Emerge groups, organizations that encourage and train Democratic women to seek office. The IRS eventually denied tax-exempt 501(c)(4) status to Emerge America.

As long as were on the topic apparently the IRS also had a policy of giving additional scrutiny to groups with the work Progressive in their title
Since you believe that Obama was directing all this from the Oval Office why do you think he wanted to targets groups with the word Progressive?

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2013/08/20/20106920-a-nail-in-the-coffin-of-the-irs-scandal?lite
The documents include an IRS training presentation that instructs IRS employees to screen tax-exemption applications for Democratic leaning "Emerge" organizations alongside "progressive" and "tea party" organizations.

Maybe all this is actually what has been said all along that the problem is the the IRS was put in the position of having to decide whether 501c4 were eligible for tax exempt status in the first place since the law reads they must be organized EXCLUSIVELY for social welfare which is in conflict with a later IRS rule which says that 501c4  organizations can qualify if they are “PRIMARILY ENGAGED” in social
welfare purposes.

This change now required the IRS to actively scrutinized these applications

None of that explains why Obama would want to target groups with the words Emerge and Progressive and actually (presumably) tell the IRS to deny democratic leaning groups while not denying a single TeaBag groups

that really is a puzzle

I can't figure out why he would do that

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 04:01:11 PM »

Politicususa "Real Liberal Politics"

That says it all...lol

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 04:05:57 PM »
Politicususa "Real Liberal Politics"

That says it all...lol

fucking moron

the quotes are from the congressional hearing
they could have been posted from Sesame Street and been no less valid

btw - you are not even a legitimate Coach so why do you keep referring to yourself as a coach

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 05:07:09 PM »
fucking moron

the quotes are from the congressional hearing
they could have been posted from Sesame Street and been no less valid

btw - you are not even a legitimate Coach so why do you keep referring to yourself as a coach

Don't get your panties in a ruffle, Nancy. lol

Because they said it "Real Liberal Politics" I'm sure it's over...lol.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 05:28:35 PM »
Don't get your panties in a ruffle, Nancy. lol

Because they said it "Real Liberal Politics" I'm sure it's over...lol.

you can get the same info from my links or from any new source

the facts remain the same although you've never been one who was too concerned about facts

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 06:28:19 PM »

You're doing the same thing moron.  Not all of the facts are even out.  And you've got a clown pleading the 5th.  ::)

You keep declaring it over when the only actually known is that there is more to learn.

Typical Canadian douchebaggery

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2013, 07:14:09 AM »

You're doing the same thing moron.  Not all of the facts are even out.  And you've got a clown pleading the 5th.  ::)

You keep declaring it over when the only actually known is that there is more to learn.

Typical Canadian douchebaggery

Sure, why then did you guys jump in with issa and blame Obama if you were so for due process.