Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman explaining why he was delusional about coming back  (Read 11811 times)

Rudee

• Getbig V
Re: Ronnie Coleman explaining why he was delusional about coming back
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 02:37:14 PM »
I cannot understand what hes talking about :<

I can understand most hardcore british guys or aussies but Coleman... I think, for him, it got worse with age, it sounds like he has problems talking.

I mentioned before that Ronnie sounds like he has a mouth full of marbles when he talks.   And when he's eating and talking at the same time, forget about it. 

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2013, 02:41:32 PM »
yep, and i'll fully admit that i'm fucking terrified of this

i gotta give guys like njflex and musclecenter huge props for maintaining themselves for years on end, coz i'm sure that once i hit my goals and develop the body beautiful that i'll say to myself "fuck it" and just stop training altogther coz it's so goddamn fucking boring training but not making any progress >:( >:( >:(

maybe we should do another contest since sev ducked out on me lol

I got so much respect for njflex...can't even put it into words.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2013, 02:52:08 PM »
I like how he said he wasn't going to give jay a heads up, and that he wanted to see what happens to Jay on stage...

Also, for those who say that they can't understand him, please...are you serious?
Try listening to a guy with a strong southern accent while he has 'bacco in his mouth...

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2013, 03:10:10 PM »
ronnie coming to terms with reality

every getbigger must watch this

20:30

After viewing this I gained a modicum of respect for Ronnie. 

To the point, he's not intelligent but neither is he stupid.  He perhaps more than any before or since, abused his body to achieve his goals and now he's paying the price.  I believe him when he says he knows what is coming for Jay and would add that the same end result waits for all who play the game to the extreme levels they now do.

Thanks for posting this up.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 05:14:12 PM »
Ronnie is like Lemmy from Motorhead. Full of drugs, wasting away, but still funny as hell.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2013, 05:22:49 PM »
But here is the thing, he is 8 time Mr. O. He doesn't need to prove anything to anybody. I believe this is where having a grounded family life, like Haney has, comes into play. Ronnie doesn't have that. All he has is bbing, and that defined him. Haney was Mr. O and a husband, and a father, with support from his family. Once he left, he was a husband and father, and was grounded.
All Ronnie has now is injuries, Sandows, a lot of kids and a supp business...What he could do is put the same focus he had when he was winning into his business.

If you watch those videos from when he was competing all he did was train, watch television, eat, and drive around to local restaurants for comped food. Other than the gym there is nothing focused about getting to drench your food in bbq sauce while on a precontest diet. I think he has to adopt not the same focus he had in later years as MR O like described above but to get back that focus that he had when he was working full time and training for the earlier Mr O's. 2 different worlds IMO
"

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2013, 05:23:54 PM »
it doesnt get any easier thats for sure when u get older, ive been lifting since 76 n dont plan on stopping no time soon, im just making adjustments to my training n diet cause i cant train heavy no more n i have to really watch what i eat. u got to go with the tide and not against it when you get up there in age
R

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2013, 05:26:29 PM »
If you watch those videos from when he was competing all he did was train, watch television, eat, and drive around to local restaurants for comped food. Other than the gym there is nothing focused about getting to drench your food in bbq sauce while on a precontest diet. I think he has to adopt not the same focus he had in later years as MR O like described above but to get back that focus that he had when he was working full time and training for the earlier Mr O's. 2 different worlds IMO
i agree...
Also, all Ronnie had to do is read getbig, and he would have recognized how delusional he was a lot sooner.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2013, 02:32:47 AM »
yep, and i'll fully admit that i'm fucking terrified of this

i gotta give guys like njflex and musclecenter huge props for maintaining themselves for years on end, coz i'm sure that once i hit my goals and develop the body beautiful that i'll say to myself "fuck it" and just stop training altogther coz it's so goddamn fucking boring training but not making any progress >:( >:( >:(

maybe we should do another contest since sev ducked out on me lol

Been at this for 22 years.....you can make all kinds of changes and chalenges and keep it interesting!!

Njflex is the man!
Mr. AZ 2003

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2013, 02:39:10 AM »
But here is the thing, he is 8 time Mr. O. He doesn't need to prove anything to anybody. I believe this is where having a grounded family life, like Haney has, comes into play. Ronnie doesn't have that. All he has is bbing, and that defined him. Haney was Mr. O and a husband, and a father, with support from his family. Once he left, he was a husband and father, and was grounded.
All Ronnie has now is injuries, Sandows, a lot of kids and a supp business...What he could do is put the same focus he had when he was winning into his business.

You should have wrote this about Jay too, since he threw away a family, the wife and a hard penis for the delusional dream of defeating Phil and Kai and getting that "one more" Sandow  ::).   

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2013, 02:40:06 AM »
You should have wrote this about Jay too, since he threw away a family, the wife and a hard penis for the delusional dream of defeating Phil and Kai and getting that "one more" Sandow  ::).   

He still has his dog.....right?
Mr. AZ 2003

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2013, 02:41:50 AM »
Been at this for 22 years.....you can make all kinds of changes and chalenges and keep it interesting!!

Njflex is the man!

yeah, i guess you're right

and maybe that's why i never train my calves, coz once i hit the level where i want to be then i can always work on bringing up my calves ;D

and yep, njflex is an all the way good dude

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2013, 06:35:19 AM »
Q: Is Jay coming back?

Ronnie's answer:
"Now THAT is not happening... I saw the pictures..."

"He can't fool me.  Same thing that happened to me, is happening to him now."

"He don't have a clue."   "I think he's gonna try to come back, diet down, look in the mirror, and say wait a minute..."

His voice?  Ronnie's tongue grew like the rest of him.  Sounds like it barely fits in his mouth now.

Brilliant knowledge from Ronnieabout aging.  

Interesting,  this should be a sticky thread till Olympia weeken and see how it goes.

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2013, 06:48:38 AM »
Remember Ronnie has an degree in chemical aging from Arlington University.

Marine

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2013, 09:48:01 AM »
lLISTEN PUPILSSSS

DORIAN YATES,,,,,THE GH ABUSER,, RONNIE THE PREGNANG GUT AND LEE HANEY THE PHAGGOT ELF AND ARNOLD THE EGO PHAGGOT, ZANE THE SKINNY PHAGGOT AND COLUMBO TJE SHORT PIECE OF SHIT ARE THE MOST OVERRATED WINNERS.

THEY DID NOT DESERVE THEIR OLYMPIAS
....NOT ALL 6-8

KEVIN LEVRONE > RONNIE > DORIAN

NASSER
FLEX
bERTIL FOX > LEE HANEY

I AN NOT SAYING THEY ARE NOT CHAMPIONS JSUT NO 6-8 TIMES

NO WAY

MR OLYMPIA

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2013, 09:48:46 AM »
marine=fail
T

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2013, 09:59:40 AM »
WHO THE FUCK INTERVIEWS A BODYBUILDER WHILE EATING!!!!!!!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2013, 11:05:21 AM »
thanks b,,dj,drj for the props,,what these guys do with themselves ,what they take,periods to do it in,,small window to do it and be successful is one in a million,,,,and for decades and come out looking good in the end,labrada,demey, vince taylor come to mind still built and not crippled,or torn up.the rigors for yrs thses guys do to get on stage yr after yr and improve and try to hang with competition must be nuts.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2013, 02:21:27 PM »

Good post! There are some people that seems to get away with it though(?). Robby Robinson still looks great and lives a BB lifestyle. But in general, if your only identity is BB, you have problems as you get older, just like those pathetic homecoming queens who only have their looks. As they age, they resort to all kinds of insane plastic surgery, but youth is never coming back.

NN

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2013, 02:40:53 PM »
Jay and Phil, to an extent...put your life and wife on hold for most of your 20s and 30s, just for a Sandow (s).

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2013, 09:34:39 PM »
 A king has his reign... and then he dies.. it's inevitable...

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2013, 09:43:23 PM »
Hello people Phil DID win in 2011. Ronnie has his years mixed up.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2013, 03:15:00 AM »
yet, Vince Taylor, who trained with lightweights still looks good. And so does Darrem Charles. And even Albert Beckles when he was in his 50s looked good. Serge Nubret was in his 40s during Pumping Iron.

Ronnie broke himself down...and he was stubborn..he should have retired after the injury...best to be a retired 180-200 pound Mr. Olympia, then a broke down, melted pudding pop version with delusions.

The guys you mentioned where nowhere near Ronnies level of physique  ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2013, 03:56:56 AM »
The guys you mentioned where nowhere near Ronnies level of physique  ::)
doesn't matter, Ronnie was an also ran before he made it as Mr. O (I believe he was overlooked), and Vince at the time had the most wins, and is still up there with the all time greats in terms of wins. Albert Beckles had a career that spanned the 60s, 70s, 80s, I think even the early 90s.
Darrem, still looks good, and has been competing since the early 90s.

Like Shawn had said, what made Ronnie, broke Ronnie...if Ronnie never won the Mr O, and still was just cruising and didn't try to lift the world (which meant injuries) I think he would still be in decent shape...
He pushed the envelope, and when you do that, don't be surprised when the envelope falls off the table...

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2013, 04:43:21 AM »
you are a lil delusional,cause that focus in the prime years he CANT adopt to the world of business,cause how can he manage who will buy his products?!one day he can do great and another he will not,thats the name of the game you cant predict,its not training any more!
and please dont tell me that he is doing some job,cause hes only doing like a celebrity appearances and people are buying his products cause of the videos they saw on youtube nothing else!
he only texts his girls all over the world god knows how many kids he have,but this is not a job...and his popularity will soon start to decline and he will be more and more humble...damn todays ronnie is unrecognizable versus the cocky arrogant ronnie as a mr olympia...its time to sit down dear ronnie,
BTW do you think when people ask him whats your job,that he say "am 8 time mr olympia" hahaha 99.99999999999999999999 population doesnt even care,its like ask me and i say you know am IBF SNOOKER CHAMPION some organization blabla