Author Topic: Bradley Martyn - Buys A Raptor  (Read 5425 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Bradley Martyn Buys A Raptor
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2018, 02:03:05 AM »
Los of people say that about the 40mm Daytona but I think it’s perfect size.I don’t much care for big watches although I do love the deepsea other than that at 43mm I’m all for 40mm.Wht size is your preference?
40 is the right size. When you start going over say 43, then they (the watches) start looking ostentatious.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2018, 02:43:51 AM »
My fave of late has been a Breitling Super Avenger II which I can get away with a pretty good size wrist (and its fun to wear). I would say 44 and up. I had a black dial deepsea which I regret flipping it so may get the Cameron. Also the Yachtmaster has become more appealing for some reason (it's different). I do like the 40mm hulk sub though but that seems to be a bit limited.

A Pam 1305 may be next and that's 47mm but titanium.

Next few I will keep because I have a grandson now.

Some are very stubborn about posting on social media so it's their own fault. Chris Bumstead has a huge following on IG but doesn't post as much on YT and people bug him all the time. He's just leaving money on the table.

Just got rid of the Cameron deepsea a few weeks back,I loved that watch also had the black dial a couple years ago and really miss that too.The hulk I’ve had 3 times and loved that one too and the demand for that is crazy,it was selling for 10500-11500 up until about two weeks ago now they are starting to come down a bit to 9800-10200.Hopefully they go back to normal again,I paid 7800-8200 for each one of mine brand new.i do like the breitling super avenger II although never seen one in the flesh.Also a fan of the ym II.never tried a Panerai as they always seemed way to big to me.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2018, 02:47:19 AM »
Never liked to wear my GMT's because they felt too small.

44mm Panerai's was perfect. Biggest in had were the U-Boats at 50mm. Can't imagine wearing anything bigger (not sure what else is bigger, aside from that 60 or 80-something Panerai Stallone has.

Always liked the Omega Seamaster at 45mm.

50mm is huge,I couldn’t imagine sporting that on my wrist and my wrist is 7.75”.Would feel very aware of my wrist at all times with something that big.I tried on the omega planet ocean once and i did like the look but once on the wrist was just to big.You are not alone on the 40mm seeming to small,common opinion about Rolex it seems.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2018, 02:48:22 AM »
40 is the right size. When you start going over say 43, then they (the watches) start looking ostentatious.

Yeah 40 is the sweet spot for me.Other wise would feel like I have flavor flavs necklace on my wrist.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2018, 02:53:40 AM »
50mm is huge,I couldn’t imagine sporting that on my wrist and my wrist is 7.75”.Would feel very aware of my wrist at all times with something that big.I tried on the omega planet ocean once and i did like the look but once on the wrist was just to big.You are not alone on the 40mm seeming to small,common opinion about Rolex it seems.

Think my wrists are smaller than that even. You get used to the 50. Thw thickness is even more impressive than the diameter. I've got a few ig pics wearing the leather one (with the black case. Had one with stainless case as well and rubber strap.).