Author Topic: Was that the most underrated Pro ever ??  (Read 5456 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Was that the most underrated Pro ever ??
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2021, 11:55:50 AM »
I tried looking for pics of Pavol and I can't find any clear pics of his whole body from contests! Quite amazing, a guy who competed as much as he did and it's like there is almost no record of him as far as good pics. I mean he placed maybe his best in 02-03 and there is shit for pics, there are better pics of Arnold circa 1960-65.

Royalty probably went looking for pics and that's the best he could do  :D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2021, 12:00:06 PM »
I tried looking for pics of Pavol and I can't find any clear pics of his whole body from contests! Quite amazing, a guy who competed as much as he did and it's like there is almost no record of him as far as good pics. I mean he placed maybe his best in 02-03 and there is shit for pics, there are better pics of Arnold circa 1960-65.

There aren't too many pics from the old NoCs.........likely have to get old magazines or something.
Y

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2021, 12:01:09 PM »
I am a straight male, so I don't have archived pictures of oiled up men from 2nd tier 1990s bodybuilding contests readily available.

I'm sorry but that's a pathetic response, and I have no problem with you :D
Who cares if you did have saved pics, he is already burned into your brain and memory! His name immediately popped into your mind as "underrated bb"  :D

There aren't too many pics from the old NoCs.........likely have to get old magazines or something.

That's true but I had problems finding any good pics of the dude.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2021, 12:04:55 PM »
I'm sorry but that's a pathetic response, and I have no problem with you :D
Who cares if you did have saved pics, he is already burned into your brain and memory! His name immediately popped into your mind as "underrated bb"  :D

That's true but I had problems finding any good pics of the dude.

As you said, it's all subjective.  But I do remember him being a consistently good at all the NoCs - Munzer too.  They were both always the fan favorites there.

"Underrated" is kind of a dumb criteria anyway.  There are no ratings to look at to see who is rated under where they should be.
Y

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2021, 12:08:43 PM »
In the mid 90s walking around  golds venice, Aaron baker was as much of a freak as Dillet was, he was officially the Mr Tank Top Mr Olympia, he looked better than Flex who grew on stage, and Cormier who whilst big just didn't stand out back in the 90s. But like Flex got appreciated and better when on stage , Aaron walking around with his super thickness looked one another level, on stage he looked a little narrow was the only thing that held him back plus his WBF history he wasn't established enough in the IFBB prior to command respect after his escapade like some others, but none of the WBF guys went well upon their return.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2021, 12:34:15 PM »
Some think he was overrated.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2021, 12:55:03 PM »
Paco started out with tons of potential but then started getting blocky at the end.  He could dial it in hard as nails and vascular. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2021, 12:59:33 PM »
Pavol jablonicky. Maybe not underrated in terms of placings he's had a couple good show results but seems alot of people don't remember him
My vote as well.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2021, 01:10:21 PM »

No I actually didn’t try.

I’ve seen Pavol in person in 1996. I’m not sure why everyone now is on his jock LOL.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2021, 01:11:00 PM »

Could you have found a worse photo or at least one from when he was bodybuilding not pursuing his failed acting career.  :)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2021, 01:16:59 PM »
Paco started out with tons of potential but then started getting blocky at the end.  He could dial it in hard as nails and vascular.

His structure was absolute disaster from the start. Not necessarily affected much by his bb practices. Long, wide waist, short arms and legs. All genetics. Without the mass he wouldn't have gone anywhere, no way to make that structure aesthetic. Freakiness was all he had going for him.

I'm thinking about one show in Europe where he looked absolutely nuts with the conditioning, mass and vascularity.

Could you have found a worse photo or at least one from when he was bodybuilding not pursuing his failed acting career.  :)

Baker was legit, looked crazy at his best.  :)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2021, 01:19:12 PM »

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2021, 01:23:18 PM »

I'm thinking about one show in Europe where he looked absolutely nuts with the conditioning, mass and vascularity.

Here.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2021, 01:23:29 PM »
Is that Apollo Creed? ???

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2021, 01:35:15 PM »
Savolainen

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2021, 01:41:17 PM »

The marriage with Ky-homo destroyed him.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2021, 01:58:38 PM »
I bet Narcissistic Deity has some pics of Pavol....when he see this thread hopefully he can post some good clear contest shots.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2021, 02:16:34 PM »
Savolainen

Hardly underrated with those oilbag balloons...

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2021, 02:16:52 PM »

haha i always wondered the story behind this pic

the most underrated pro ever is chris cormier

should've gotten 2nd at the olympia at least once or twice, and should have at least 2 arnold's

E
E

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2021, 03:39:06 PM »
No I actually didn’t try.

I’ve seen Pavol in person in 1996. I’m not sure why everyone now is on his jock LOL.
Pavol started out in another bodybuilding organization and that could be why he never got better placings.  I remember first seeing him in the mags in the late 80's or early 90's and thinking "who the Hell is that!"  He looked awesome but placed pretty low.  I figured it was because he was a Slav, or Pollock, or whatever he was.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2021, 03:55:02 PM »
I believe it was Pavol who suggested to  Heath that Phil should compete.

That alone undoes any and all underrating.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2021, 05:17:01 PM »
I remember originally seeing pavol from 1988 Ifbb amateur worlds in australia, he was stand out along with Munzer and Renel Janvier, first time i had ever seen striated glutes. Javier conditioning was unbelievable, Pavel was thick as but was basically a blown up light heavy competing as a heavy at this stage. I think he placed well over the years, I can't ever remember him getting robbed overly, structurally he was always going to struggle at the very top olympia level. But great physique and good to see him still at it in his 50s

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2021, 04:44:34 AM »
I remember originally seeing pavol from 1988 Ifbb amateur worlds in australia, he was stand out along with Munzer and Renel Janvier, first time i had ever seen striated glutes. Javier conditioning was unbelievable, Pavel was thick as but was basically a blown up light heavy competing as a heavy at this stage. I think he placed well over the years, I can't ever remember him getting robbed overly, structurally he was always going to struggle at the very top olympia level. But great physique and good to see him still at it in his 50s

Great point he was never even close top tier unlike baker and Cormier

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2021, 05:23:31 AM »
That's a great everyday look, easy to maintain without a ton of gear.

Pavol and Roland are both good choices.

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2021, 05:26:23 AM »
I believe it was Pavol who suggested to  Heath that Phil should compete.

That alone undoes any and all underrating.
That was Claude Groulx, IIRC.