Author Topic: My personal Cons vs Pros of Bodybuilding  (Read 5480 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: My personal Cons vs Pros of Bodybuilding
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2023, 05:04:59 AM »
I think after any serious injury you will always try to avoid putting yourself in that situation again, even ona subconcious level

I ruptured 2 discs in my low back in 1988, I dont squat or deadlift, I dont do bent over rows, in fact I dont even spot people on bench press in case I have to take the bar and bend over putting my back at risk.
I dont pick dumbells up for people who want to ego lift

I am so concious now of my lower back I am sure I overcomensate and dont push as hard as I could on certain exercises

Thing is, I would sooner train at 90% for a year than 12 months at 100% and sit around injured for 3 months

I've seen some experts argue about back pain on IG. Some of them think some bulging is ok and everyone has bulging anyway after a certain age. They say that some are in severe pain and some don't feel any back pain, even if their bulging is way worse. With some patients they finally try to force them to lift because the pain doesn't resolve and inactivity will just make eveything worse as their weakened muscles don't support  the spine as well. I remember seeing some documentary where they tried to force patients to do painful movements even when they were crying in pain. Pain experts always say you have to form an unavoidant relationship with back pain, or any pain, where they will always likely to be in pain but they have to accept it  :D

NoPEDsNoBB

• Getbig IV
  • ........Ya!
« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2023, 12:05:26 AM »
I've seen some experts argue about back pain on IG. Some of them think some bulging is ok and everyone has bulging anyway after a certain age. They say that some are in severe pain and some don't feel any back pain, even if their bulging is way worse. With some patients they finally try to force them to lift because the pain doesn't resolve and inactivity will just make eveything worse as their weakened muscles don't support  the spine as well. I remember seeing some documentary where they tried to force patients to do painful movements even when they were crying in pain. Pain experts always say you have to form an unavoidant relationship with back pain, or any pain, where they will always likely to be in pain but they have to accept it  :D

Sounds stupid, unsafe, wrong and unnecessary.
We feel pain to know something's wrong.. to stop doing whatever's harming us.....
We shouldn't just try to get used to it and ignore it, Ronnie-styles.

It's like your car has bad engine knock.. and instead of finding and fixing the problem, you dial down the sensitivity of your knock sensors instead so your car doesn't "feel pain" and feel/be power restricted - and end up blowing the motor.

Made me think of this

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2023, 04:23:16 AM »
The "Pros" of getting off boat-loads of BB drugs after 2+ decades of abuse, with no tissue gain:

1. Blood pressure can return to normal.
2. The IG model type behavior of posting half-nude selfies may subside.
3. The massive mood swings and daily arguments might subside.
4. Kidneys get a break from the fluid retention and moon-face.
5. Hairline might stop taking a beating.
6. The plaque build-up might slow down.

The "Cons" of getting off boat-loads of BB drugs after 2+ decades of abuse, with no tissue gain:

1. Zero