Author Topic: Michael Jordan says he’d beat LeBron James in one-on-one  (Read 15477 times)

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
Michael Jordan says he’d beat LeBron James in one-on-one
« on: October 01, 2013, 08:27:48 AM »
In his prime, Michael Jordan thinks he would have defeated LeBron James and other NBA legends in a game of one-on-one. But there’s one matchup Jordan wasn’t sure about.

Jordan was interviewed by Ahmad Rashad for an upcoming promo video for NBA 2K14. He said he’d like to have played games against Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Julius Erving, Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade, among others, and was confident in his ability to defeat all comers.

“I don’t think I would lose,” Jordan said, “other than to Kobe Bryant because he steals all of my moves.”

The clip hasn’t yet been fully released, so it’s impossible to say whether Jordan dropped the mic and stared at the camera for seven seconds after delivering that line.

You want to know why MJ’s the greatest? Because he can lower the boom on two future of Hall of Famers in the course of a single sentence. I’m better than LeBron and Kobe is derivative, he’s saying. That’s trash-talking gold.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/michael-jordan-lebron-james-kobe-bryant/

[/youtube]

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Michael Jordan says he’d beat LeBron James in one-on-one
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 08:29:24 AM »
Jordan would have trouble keeping Lebron back from getting to the rim.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 08:35:44 AM »
It would be close but Jordan could never be stop.

3 guys hanging on him, still score.

Jordan the most unstoppable force offensively with Kobe.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 08:37:46 AM »
jordan got the refs to blow a whistle every time he went down the lane.  

kobe USED to get those same calls, hence his early legendary unstoppable status.

Then, the league stopped this, and now we see Kobe being very stoppable.

Lebron gets hammered every time he goes down the lane. I don't see him playing til he's 35 like Kobe or MJ.  He gets beaten up nightly.  By 31 or 32, he'll lose a year to a major injury, or like Dwight Howard, his shoulders will just give out.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 08:39:57 AM »
Speaking of Basketball

This season is gonna be great, the East is strong.

Heat, Bulls, Pacers and the Nets.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 08:43:04 AM »
Indiana and Chi will both be beasts in the East.

But BALD LeBron is going to be an animal.  He isn't the timid insecure dude trying to impress.  He's married and bald now.  He's accepted his fate in life and now he's gotten 2 straight rings. 

He will be on attack mode like never before.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 08:43:18 AM »
In his prime, Michael Jordan thinks he would have defeated LeBron James and other NBA legends in a game of one-on-one. But there’s one matchup Jordan wasn’t sure about.

Jordan was interviewed by Ahmad Rashad for an upcoming promo video for NBA 2K14. He said he’d like to have played games against Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Julius Erving, Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade, among others, and was confident in his ability to defeat all comers.

“I don’t think I would lose,” Jordan said, “other than to Kobe Bryant because he steals all of my moves.”

The clip hasn’t yet been fully released, so it’s impossible to say whether Jordan dropped the mic and stared at the camera for seven seconds after delivering that line.

You want to know why MJ’s the greatest? Because he can lower the boom on two future of Hall of Famers in the course of a single sentence. I’m better than LeBron and Kobe is derivative, he’s saying. That’s trash-talking gold.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/michael-jordan-lebron-james-kobe-bryant/

And?Its true , multiple teams have shown in the playoffs that if you stop Lebron from getting in the paint and his 20 foot pull-up jump shot is off then you can make him score 8 points in an NBA finals game (lol) and shut him down for the series.Jordan was never stopped.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 08:46:55 AM »

Branchs Ears

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 08:52:18 AM »
Michael would have LeBron beaten before the game even started.
LeBron would end up lying on the court in the fetal position by the time the game was over and it would have nothing to do with who's better physically.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 09:06:21 AM »
why don't he play him now , years ago when franco harris was closing in on jimmy brown's  record for total rushing yards. brown challenged him to a contest of football skills.   long story short harris won but he wasn't the one to break the record.than brown was going to come back at 48 years old and play for the raiders to put the record higher. he changed his mind.
F

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 09:16:21 AM »
jordan got the refs to blow a whistle every time he went down the lane.  

kobe USED to get those same calls, hence his early legendary unstoppable status.

Then, the league stopped this, and now we see Kobe being very stoppable.

Lebron gets hammered every time he goes down the lane. I don't see him playing til he's 35 like Kobe or MJ.  He gets beaten up nightly.  By 31 or 32, he'll lose a year to a major injury, or like Dwight Howard, his shoulders will just give out.

You must be 15 years old.

Jordan would get beaten on EVERY NIGHT. The Pistons and later the Knicks, whom by the way were more physical than any team currently in the NBA, would put their best defender on Jordan and when he came down the lane, THE ENTIRE TEAM would hack him to death. Jordan would still score over 30 points against them and maybe a double nickel for good measure.

I would have liked to see Lebron do the same thing. I doubt he could do the same. He is playing against teams that are nowhere as physical and has disappeared in a few games already. And I don't want to hear about "well, he wants Wayde and Bosh to get their shots". That's BS. If that's true, then that's even more of a reason to believe that Jordan is still better because Jordan didn't care about anyone else's feelings. If he had to run over his teammates to win, he would do it. That right there solidifies Jordan as the greatest ever. His desire to win and to do anything it took to win.

Another thing, Jordan didn't leave town like a punk and join up with 2 other players in order to even have a chance at smelling the title. Jordan stayed where he was and made everyone around him better. A lot of you say, "oh, he had Pippen". Pippen himself has admitted that Jordan made him into a Hall of Fame player. Every player, coach and manager of those Bulls teams say the same thing. Jordan made the Bulls dynasty. Princess Lebron couldn't do the same thing in Cleveland so he joins up with Wayde and Bosh in Miami.  HEHEHEHEHEH! In my eyes that will always be a HUGE black mark in his career.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 09:19:27 AM »
why don't he play him now , years ago when franco harris was closing in on jimmy brown's  record for total rushing yards. brown challenged him to a contest of football skills.   long story short harris won but he wasn't the one to break the record.than brown was going to come back at 48 years old and play for the raiders to put the record higher. he changed his mind.

HEHEHE!

Yeah, Jim Brown at 48 was going to make an NFL team where the safety alone would make him look like an 8 year old boy. Please.

At his prime, Jordan wouldn't even break a sweat with Lebron or with any other basketball player from this current generation.

How soon they forget!!

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 09:28:43 AM »
You must be 15 years old.

Jordan would get beaten on EVERY NIGHT. The Pistons and later the Knicks, whom by the way were more physical than any team currently in the NBA, would put their best defender on Jordan and when he came down the lane, THE ENTIRE TEAM would hack him to death. Jordan would still score over 30 points against them and maybe a double nickel for good measure.

I would have liked to see Lebron do the same thing. I doubt he could do the same. He is playing against teams that are nowhere as physical and has disappeared in a few games already. And I don't want to hear about "well, he wants Wayde and Bosh to get their shots". That's BS. If that's true, then that's even more of a reason to believe that Jordan is still better because Jordan didn't care about anyone else's feelings. If he had to run over his teammates to win, he would do it. That right there solidifies Jordan as the greatest ever. His desire to win and to do anything it took to win.

Another thing, Jordan didn't leave town like a punk and join up with 2 other players in order to even have a chance at smelling the title. Jordan stayed where he was and made everyone around him better. A lot of you say, "oh, he had Pippen". Pippen himself has admitted that Jordan made him into a Hall of Fame player. Every player, coach and manager of those Bulls teams say the same thing. Jordan made the Bulls dynasty. Princess Lebron couldn't do the same thing in Cleveland so he joins up with Wayde and Bosh in Miami.  HEHEHEHEHEH! In my eyes that will always be a HUGE black mark in his career.

Oh Lord, you live on a different planet it seems. Jordan actually would get beat up against the Pistons and the Bulls would lose though Jordan was great. But fuck, by the beginning of the 90s he was untouchable and actually the Knicks would get fucked by the refs year after year against the Bulls. Jordan was also great at the game's politics and schemes.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 09:32:22 AM »
But who would win between spiderman or the hulk  ???

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 09:42:20 AM »
Speaking of Basketball

This season is gonna be great, the East is strong.

Heat, Bulls, Pacers and the Nets.
Agreed!

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 09:58:20 AM »
Oh Lord, you live on a different planet it seems. Jordan actually would get beat up against the Pistons and the Bulls would lose though Jordan was great. But fuck, by the beginning of the 90s he was untouchable and actually the Knicks would get fucked by the refs year after year against the Bulls. Jordan was also great at the game's politics and schemes.

Oh Lord, you have your head up your rear it seems.

Jordan broke through and beat the Pistons. Exiled them.

You sound like a butthurt fan talking about the Knicks getting screwed by the referees. That is the lamest excuse used by losers who can't accept someone being better than them.

Refs? Come on now. Don't be a twink.

vinnydountsnyc

• Getbig III
  • ''Billy is border line retarded'' Colette Nelson
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 10:02:59 AM »
He should grow the fuck up and realize he's 50 years old and that basketball is in his past and doesn't define him as a human being .....sad nee grow
911 INSIDE JOB !

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 10:15:34 AM »
Some of the older guys might remember a one on one game between Kareem and Dr. J.

It wasn't even close. Kareem killed him.

Size matters.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 10:20:12 AM »
I was in 7th or 8th grade watching Jordan murder my beloved Cavs every single night during the playoffs, although we did take it to 7 games when I was in 8th grade.  My dad says it was fixed for drama and so they'd all get another game paycheck :)

I believe if Jordan was playing today, he woudln't get the calls he got then.

He would get winged or dinged of any kind of contact, and he'd be on the line.  I'd love to see how many PPG he got from the stripe.  Yes, he was awesome and amazing, and yes, lebron is an underachieving entitled idiot... but LeBron doesn't get those calls when he gets mugged.  nobody does anymore.  Call it the youtube result, the donaghey effect, whatever.  They call shit more consistently now.  Mega stars don't get all those calls like they used to.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 10:53:41 AM »
Video added

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2013, 11:11:32 AM »
Michael would have LeBron beaten before the game even started.
LeBron would end up lying on the court in the fetal position by the time the game was over and it would have nothing to do with who's better physically.
True...Mike would do anything to win. Have the opponents wife, kids, and mother kidnap. Have dude's former coach kidnapped and place in cold storage. Whatever it takes, Mike would do it.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2013, 12:06:11 PM »
Prime Jordan would shit all over Lebron in a game of one on one.  Lebron is not a one on one player nor is he particularly great in the post.  Lebron is best in transition because he's so big, fast and strong.  The only compelling one on one game would be between Jordan and Kobe. 

Branchs Ears

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2013, 12:15:03 PM »
Prime Jordan would shit all over Lebron in a game of one on one.  Lebron is not a one on one player nor is he particularly great in the post.  Lebron is best in transition because he's so big, fast and strong.  The only compelling one on one game would be between Jordan and Kobe.  

The Michael/Kobe game would be the best to watch. Similar games and both would rather die than lose. That wouldn't be a game, it would be a war.
The one that I find very interesting would be the Michael/Dr. J matchup. I think Michael is probably too quick for Dr. J to stop but I'd be very interested in seeing how Michael would go about keeping Dr. J from scoring.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 12:20:35 PM »
Prime Jordan would shit all over Lebron in a game of one on one.  Lebron is not a one on one player nor is he particularly great in the post.  Lebron is best in transition because he's so big, fast and strong.  The only compelling one on one game would be between Jordan and Kobe. 
Remember when Kobe was yelling at Lebron during the All Star Game to "shoot the ball"?
Well, if you don't shoot against Jordan, he's going to annihilate you, and embarass you in the process.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 12:24:11 PM »
 JORDAN > kobe