Author Topic: Black Woman attacked for Carrying Confederate Flag.  (Read 26909 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Black Woman attacked for Carrying Confederate Flag.
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2013, 08:24:42 PM »
I agree with this. But in 1860's info wasn't being twittered. Also, Lincoln was still President - elect and couldn't do much but wait. I argue that Lincoln did a kick ass job in the situation he was handed. He had A LOT of complex political issues to deal with. We can second guess him all day long, but at the end of the day, we have 50 states.
Telegraph was very fast and railroad communication was efficient.  A little distance off my property lies an old Telegraph Pole.  There are still many that stand in the South and an effort is underway to preserve them.  You can find many if you look up the old telegraph lines maps.  Pretty fun to search them out and walk the line.

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2013, 08:25:11 PM »
Again in his own words daddy he did not bri ng this war based on slavery .. His own words daddy..

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
« Reply #152 on: February 01, 2013, 08:29:24 PM »
Again in his own words daddy he did not bri ng this war based on slavery .. His own words daddy..

Not understanding this. Can you clarify?
The answer is "yes".

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2013, 08:33:16 PM »
Telegraph was very fast and railroad communication was efficient.  A little distance off my property lies an old Telegraph Pole.  There are still many that stand in the South and an effort is underway to preserve them.  You can find many if you look up the old telegraph lines maps.  Pretty fun to search them out and walk the line.

Sounds like you can ditch your cell phone and go with telegraph! Let us know how it works out for you! lol  :D

I'm kidding, but telegraph wasn't as quick and reliable as one might think.
The answer is "yes".

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2013, 10:26:16 PM »
SLAVERY!!!

Your post suggests that you accept it. Lincoln did not. Lincoln could have easily avoided all war if he chose to accept slavery. Sure! Why even have a war?

Owning another man as "property" was disgusting for him. And worth the bloody war if it meant ending that institution in the U.S. forever.

these guys pretend that slavery was a non-issue. when in reality it was the crux of the issue.  they say it was about economics, and i say "yeah, about whether economics based on slavery or economics based on industry would prevail".

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #155 on: February 01, 2013, 10:29:37 PM »
the funny thing is TA acts like nobody knows all these facts he is bringing up to defend his case.

back in the fifth grade i was telling kids at school how the civil war had nothing to do with slavery, and that is was all about "tarriffs"(my words exactly, when i was 12 years old).

then i grew up and realized that being the class clown was no longer that great. and i took a real honest look at what happened.

yes, the southern economic system was being oppressed by the northern economic interests.

BUT WHAT WAS THAT SOUTHERN ECONOMIC SYSTEM BASED UPON????

WHY DID THE FIRST STATE DECIDE TO LEAVE THE UNION? THEY GAVE A PRIMARY REASON, THEY STATED IT EXPLICITY = SLAVERY.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #156 on: February 01, 2013, 10:33:52 PM »
i mean, honestly.  the first state to leave the union could have left their reasoning unknown. just leave, say your no longer interested in being a part of the union, your going to seperate in a totally non violent way, and that you hope relations between you and the union continue to be positive.

and then we could look at their secession and say, you know it looks like they are leaving cuz they dont want slavery banned, but they didnt say that so were gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and think it is simply about economic oppression.

but no, they went ahead and said.. just in case you guys thought we might not be motivated by a desire to protect slavery..  let us make it real clrea for you =  WERE LEAVING CUZ OF SLAVERY, BITCH

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #157 on: February 01, 2013, 10:40:28 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: February 01, 2013, 10:54:19 PM »
the funny thing is TA acts like nobody knows all these facts he is bringing up to defend his case.

back in the fifth grade i was telling kids at school how the civil war had nothing to do with slavery, and that is was all about "tarriffs"(my words exactly, when i was 12 years old).

then i grew up and realized that being the class clown was no longer that great. and i took a real honest look at what happened.

yes, the southern economic system was being oppressed by the northern economic interests.

BUT WHAT WAS THAT SOUTHERN ECONOMIC SYSTEM BASED UPON????

WHY DID THE FIRST STATE DECIDE TO LEAVE THE UNION? THEY GAVE A PRIMARY REASON, THEY STATED IT EXPLICITY = SLAVERY.

::)
Sure you did, pathological liar.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: February 01, 2013, 10:56:41 PM »
i mean, honestly.  the first state to leave the union could have left their reasoning unknown. just leave, say your no longer interested in being a part of the union, your going to seperate in a totally non violent way, and that you hope relations between you and the union continue to be positive.

and then we could look at their secession and say, you know it looks like they are leaving cuz they dont want slavery banned, but they didnt say that so were gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and think it is simply about economic oppression.

but no, they went ahead and said.. just in case you guys thought we might not be motivated by a desire to protect slavery..  let us make it real clrea for you =  WERE LEAVING CUZ OF SLAVERY, BITCH
What part of the North had no interest in ending slavery at the time do you not understand?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #160 on: February 01, 2013, 10:57:05 PM »
::)
Sure you did, pathological liar.
nice rebuttle.   :)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2013, 10:58:14 PM »

Can you show me where in the North Carolina Ordinance of Secession, slavery is mentioned?  Oh whats that?  Nowhere to be found.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2013, 10:58:39 PM »
What part of the North had no interest in ending slavery at the time do you not understand?
are you calling the confederacy complete fucking morons?  cuz if the north had no interest in ending slavery, then they are stupid as shit for saying the reason they were leaving was because of slavery!  ;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #163 on: February 01, 2013, 11:02:22 PM »
I just love seeing Tdongz get owned in practically every thread by True Adonis and 333386. I guess he is too stupid to learn his lesson. Just comes back for more.
X

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #164 on: February 01, 2013, 11:04:54 PM »
Can you show me where in the North Carolina Ordinance of Secession, slavery is mentioned?  Oh whats that?  Nowhere to be found.
 1st state to secede = south carolina.

south carolina= in great detail outlines why slavery is the key issue that motivated their secession.

and south carolina, as historians everywhere do, made note of the fact that the divide between the confederacy was based upon "slave holding" and "non slave holding states"  (if the war wasnt about slavery, then why was the division of the country based upon slavery?)

lol

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: February 01, 2013, 11:05:33 PM »
are you calling the confederacy complete fucking morons?  cuz if the north had no interest in ending slavery, then they are stupid as shit for saying the reason they were leaving was because of slavery!  ;D
Slavery wasn`t the reason moron.  On March 2,1861 The North passed the Permanent Slavery Act in both houses of Congress which stated that Slavery was not to be meddled with whatsoever by ensuring that Congress could not end Slavery within any state.  This was AFTER 7 States had already seceded.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #166 on: February 01, 2013, 11:07:16 PM »
Slavery wasn`t the reason moron.  On March 2,1861 The North passed the Permanent Slavery Act in both houses of Congress which stated that Slavery was not to be meddled with whatsoever by ensuring that Congress could not end Slavery within any state.  This was AFTER 7 States had already seceded.

if you dont understand, let me make this clear

just because the north was willing to allow slavery

does not mean

that the south believed them

;D

furthermore, the first state to secede, along with a majority of the confederacy, listed slavery as their primary motivation for leaving.

;D

come on dude..

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: February 01, 2013, 11:13:11 PM »
if you dont understand, let me make this clear

just because the north was willing to allow slavery

does not mean

that the south believed them

;D

furthermore, the first state to secede, along with a majority of the confederacy, listed slavery as their primary motivation for leaving.

;D

come on dude..
The Confederacy grew from seven states to eleven states when Lincoln made it clear he was going to launch an invasion to force the seceded states to rejoin the Union.  Voters in the Upper South states of Arkansas, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia initially rejected secession by substantial margins.  They were willing for their states to remain in the Union as long as Lincoln allowed the Deep South states to leave in peace.  However, when Lincoln left no doubt he was going to use force, new votes were held in the Upper South states, and this time the results were strongly in favor of secession. It should be noted that these four states did not secede because of slavery but because they believed it was illegal and immoral to maintain the Union by violence.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #168 on: February 01, 2013, 11:33:13 PM »
The Confederacy grew from seven states to eleven states when Lincoln made it clear he was going to launch an invasion to force the seceded states to rejoin the Union.  Voters in the Upper South states of Arkansas, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia initially rejected secession by substantial margins.  They were willing for their states to remain in the Union as long as Lincoln allowed the Deep South states to leave in peace.  However, when Lincoln left no doubt he was going to use force, new votes were held in the Upper South states, and this time the results were strongly in favor of secession. It should be noted that these four states did not secede because of slavery but because they believed it was illegal and immoral to maintain the Union by violence.
4 states. out of how many ?  :)

and the first one to secede listed what as its primary  reason for doing so?  :)

those 4 states, were they slave states, or were they non-slave states?  :)

were there any slave states in the union? were there any non-slave states in the confederacy?  :)

... i was in fifth grade telling my friends "the civil war wasnt about slavery, it was about tarriffs"  :)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: February 01, 2013, 11:48:22 PM »
4 states. out of how many ?  :)

and the first one to secede listed what as its primary  reason for doing so?  :)

those 4 states, were they slave states, or were they non-slave states?  :)

were there any slave states in the union? were there any non-slave states in the confederacy?  :)

... i was in fifth grade telling my friends "the civil war wasnt about slavery, it was about tarriffs"  :)

Delaware, Kentucky and New Jersey continued to have slavery.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: February 01, 2013, 11:49:45 PM »
Maryland was also a northern slave holding state.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #171 on: February 01, 2013, 11:53:08 PM »
learn something new every day  :)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: February 01, 2013, 11:57:32 PM »
We can also add Missouri as a Union Slave Holding state because they technically never left the Union.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: February 02, 2013, 12:28:04 AM »
no man is a slave if he is truly free in his heart

true story
T

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #174 on: February 02, 2013, 12:29:56 AM »
no man is a slave if he is truly free in his heart

true story

okay Viktor Frankl