Author Topic: Luke Wood ... There is still time  (Read 78078 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: luke wood..there is still time
« Reply #275 on: March 31, 2007, 07:30:58 AM »
hank wood = Robert the Bruce

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #276 on: March 31, 2007, 08:52:40 PM »
Look guys, trying to out do each other on the posts, just does not gel.  Your comments are mildly humorous but that is where it ends. 

I not interested in trading insults.  Sure, i enjoy laughing at the Mass Monsters and Industry Heavyweights (as much as the next Meathead).  But that is where the similarity stops.

My Questions remain unchallenged ; -Is not anyone concerned about the paths our professional athletes are  taking in the modern era?  -Does the freakazoid-drug-abuser have people scratching their heads, asking what next ?

As a thought, stop attacking the messenger!

Peace.

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #277 on: March 31, 2007, 10:36:01 PM »
Ok lets changes the subject!! WOW!! that LUKE WOOD is a HANDSOME man!!! :D

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #278 on: April 01, 2007, 12:50:20 AM »

Luke, you are a good sport with a great sense of humour.  So many Pros have abandoned Getbig over the years, they have found the criticism and insults too hard to deal with.

You continue to contribute to the 'forum' Luke; thankyou.  Your hundreds and thousands of fans across the planet appreciate it!

I think being an IFBB Pro must be the most difficult profession anyone could undertake.  I dont know how you do it?

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #279 on: April 01, 2007, 02:17:26 AM »
Randy Savage was married to Miss Elizabeth.  Is it true that she died under suspicious circumstances?

Randy had a wicked temper.  I remember he had a falling out with Hulk Hogan.  The Macho Man accused Hulkster of having an affair with his fair lady.

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #280 on: April 01, 2007, 03:39:54 AM »
Hey Luke when is Macho Man Randy Savage gonna be in Austrailia next?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW-YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! ;D

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #281 on: April 01, 2007, 04:51:44 AM »
Randy Savage had a violent temper. It was alleged that he would physically and emotionally abuse Miss Elizabeth. What a modern day tragedy.  Reminds me of a husband and wife team, languishing in a Las Vegas Detention Centre.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #282 on: April 01, 2007, 07:02:54 AM »
Randy Savage had a violent temper. It was alleged that he would physically and emotionally abuse Miss Elizabeth. What a modern day tragedy.  Reminds me of a husband and wife team, languishing in a Las Vegas Detention Centre.

randy savage always had a salami stuck in his ass when he was up in the ring, according to albert balobi.

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #283 on: April 01, 2007, 08:58:36 AM »
Thankyou very much!!! ;) very much appreciate your support!!

no probs any time.

the problem with the internet is all the haters but u handle them well.

good luck with ur workouts and next shows.

ps- hanky panky wood is the wierdest forum member i have ever observed in the history of the internet lol.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #284 on: April 01, 2007, 01:57:27 PM »
hank wood = Robert the Bruce

Outlaw53

• Getbig II
  • Country Classic Invitational. 7th August 2010
« Reply #285 on: April 01, 2007, 02:20:07 PM »
Well, that's stretching it a bit mate!
I've been eyeball-to-eyeball with you & trust me, I've seen better heads on cabbages! ;D

Mind you, this is a fuck-up/weird thread.  I can't believe it?

Luke's not a bad bloke.  This year has been a tough one for him, so the last thing he needs is crap like this.
Just let him get on with his training & ask him sensible questions instead of this type of rubbish.
He would be only too please to help a genuine fan.

Here is a photo of Luke, Guest Posing at my show last year.
As you can see, he was in top shape for it.

Cheers mate.

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #286 on: April 01, 2007, 03:08:09 PM »
Thankyou Outlaw mate!!! You and your lovley wife have become 2 of my dearest friends and the support you 2 give me is just ovewr whelming!!! You are a legend mate!!! Tell us about your new magazine mate??

Outlaw53

• Getbig II
« Reply #287 on: April 01, 2007, 03:31:07 PM »
Thankyou Outlaw mate!!! You and your lovley wife have become 2 of my dearest friends and the support you 2 give me is just ovewr whelming!!! You are a legend mate!!! Tell us about your new magazine mate??
Aw shucks, I don't want to hijack this intellegent thread on what dill you are are for training with Milos, but if you insist.................. ........

I am starting a new magazine here in Australia.  It is called Hardcore Aussie Muscle.  It will be 100% Aussie content, so I guess none of you guys will be interested, but hopefully it will do well here in Oz.  Our current batch of magazines are shit, so something like this is well overdue.  We will cover all States in Australia & have people in the UK & the US suppling us with info & photos of Aussies who compete overseas.

We have the support of all federations in Australia, in fact, they are all very pleased about it.  You guys get so much publicity over there, but here in Australia, our athletes get sweet fuck-all.  I would like to change this.

Here is a pic of our cover. 

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #288 on: April 01, 2007, 04:14:42 PM »
Aw shucks, I don't want to hijack this intellegent thread on what dill you are are for training with Milos, but if you insist.................. ........

I am starting a new magazine here in Australia.  It is called Hardcore Aussie Muscle.  It will be 100% Aussie content, so I guess none of you guys will be interested, but hopefully it will do well here in Oz.  Our current batch of magazines are shit, so something like this is well overdue.  We will cover all States in Australia & have people in the UK & the US suppling us with info & photos of Aussies who compete overseas.

We have the support of all federations in Australia, in fact, they are all very pleased about it.  You guys get so much publicity over there, but here in Australia, our athletes get sweet fuck-all.  I would like to change this.

Here is a pic of our cover. 

Good luck with the mag.  I hope you can get some strong sponsorship and a substancial-article and picture-base.  It must be hard trying to operate and be profitable within such a niche market?

One more thing, this thread was hijacked many pages ago by Getbiggers who have admiration and respect for Milos.  They are entitled to their views about this snake-of-a-man. 

Milos refuses to acknowledge that his 'love affair' with pharmaceuticals and his overt self-promoting-fitness-doctrines, lay at the central core, of everything that is corrupt and misguided about Professional Bodybuilding.

Not one intelligent or honest response has been penned to this thread. Only attack after attack on the messenger.

The attacks on myself (fictional Hank) are entertaining, even hilarious. But they do nothing to address the issues at hand!

Outlaw53

• Getbig II
« Reply #289 on: April 01, 2007, 04:29:20 PM »
Good luck with the mag.  I hope you can get some strong sponsorship and a substancial-article and picture-base.  It must be hard trying to operate and be profitable within such a niche market?
Cheers mate.

It is a very niche market that we are aiming for.  We are determined not to go down the old "12 week challenge" path & we won't be bothering with Bikini bimbos either.  We are only interested in people with muscles.  The response from advertisers has been overwhelmingly positive.  Of course, trying to get them to submit their artwork on time is a different kettle of fish!

We have truckloads of content, both text & photos, but the amount that we put in will be determined by how many advertisers we get on board.  The more we get, the more content we will pump out.  We are not trying to make a fortune or take over the world, just supply Aussies with a half decent magazine.

I'm always looking for more advertisers, perhaps you are interested? ;)

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #290 on: April 01, 2007, 04:39:30 PM »
Cheers mate.

It is a very niche market that we are aiming for.  We are determined not to go down the old "12 week challenge" path & we won't be bothering with Bikini bimbos either.  We are only interested in people with muscles.  The response from advertisers has been overwhelmingly positive.  Of course, trying to get them to submit their artwork on time is a different kettle of fish!

We have truckloads of content, both text & photos, but the amount that we put in will be determined by how many advertisers we get on board.  The more we get, the more content we will pump out.  We are not trying to make a fortune or take over the world, just supply Aussies with a half decent magazine.

I'm always looking for more advertisers, perhaps you are interested? ;)

Thanks for the thought, I am not in the 'advertising game' and will decline your offer.  I will just continue making an annoying nuisance of myself on Getbig!

I really hope the mag does well for you!  There is a strong and supportive bodybuilding community in OZ, which i know will be very positive and supportive of this publishing venture.

Maybe Dohertys and Tony from Bell St. Fitness would be interested in advertising in your mag?  I know these two have a lot of strong contacts in the industry.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #291 on: April 01, 2007, 04:56:09 PM »

Thanks for the thought, I am not in the 'advertising game' and will decline your offer.  I will just continue making an annoying nuisance of myself on Getbig!

I really hope the mag does well for you!  There is a strong and supportive bodybuilding community in OZ, which i know, will be very positive and supportive of this publishing venture.

Maybe Dohertys and Tony from Bell St. Fitness would be interested in advertising in your mag?  I know these two have a lot of strong contacts in the industry.

Outlaw53

• Getbig II
« Reply #292 on: April 01, 2007, 05:19:40 PM »

I really hope the mag does well for you!  There is a strong and supportive bodybuilding community in OZ, which i know, will be very positive and supportive of this publishing venture.

Both Tony's are supporting the magazine, as to be expected.
Us Aussie's love our BBing, so something like this is long overdue.

You could always subscribe if you don't want to advertise. ;D

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #293 on: April 01, 2007, 05:49:58 PM »
Both Tony's are supporting the magazine, as to be expected.
Us Aussie's love our BBing, so something like this is long overdue.

You could always subscribe if you don't want to advertise. ;D

Does not surprise me.  The Tony's do a lot for Bodybuilding downunder.  Two remarkable individuals.

Post details of when the mag will arrive.  Is it mail order only? Monthly publication? Price of mag?  Will you be including expose's of overseas bodybuilders?

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #294 on: April 01, 2007, 06:43:47 PM »
There is a bodybuilder in OZ who goes by the name of  " Monsta Dwarf. " He is little guy with a big personality.  He is kind of like a shorter version of Lee Priest, but has integrity and honesty.

When people think of Australian Bodybuilding, the first name that comes to mind, is indeed Lee. However, the roots go a lot deeper than this 'outspoken, angry and unstable little man.'

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #295 on: April 01, 2007, 06:45:16 PM »
outlaw with ur mag, u gotta fix up the font on hardcore and with the general writing on the cover make it blend in with the cover more it looks like its been stuck on.

good luck with the mag, the current aussie mags suck. make it hardcore.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #296 on: April 01, 2007, 07:14:44 PM »
Outlaw, you said that you wont be including the ' babes in bikinis' stuff in this mag.  As much as this content may detract from the 'essence of hardcore', it will help with attracting sales.

Just a thought.  Because the higher the sales-figures the greater the advertising-support. Hence, magazine success and longevity.

I am not suggesting 'selling out' your 'hard-core principles ( by including half naked women). I just believe tha the wider the demograhic, the greater chance of success.

This is  a very competitive and ruthless market, and any 'edge' in gaining control of market-share, is, i believe, legitimate!

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #297 on: April 01, 2007, 07:31:43 PM »
The cover-shot of this magazine looks 'awesome!'

The layering of text, with its juxtaposition against the 'black and white photo' is visually dramatic.

The decision to go with the 'complimentary tonalities' of red, black and silver, ties together beautifully, the entire package!

It is a very striking and 'eye-catching' cover.  Good Stuff!

Outlaw53

• Getbig II
« Reply #298 on: April 01, 2007, 10:01:54 PM »
Thanks guys, I take all comments on board.

The cover is pretty much as it is, just a bit of fine tuning & tweaking up, but the basically we are happy with it.
As for the "Barbie Dolls", I like them as much as the next man, but I'm not paying $7.95 to see chicks in bikinis.
We have plenty of suitable magazines over here full of Bimbos.

We may put a couple of photos in our "Snapshots" section, a bit like MD does, but they will not be featured, we've got too many good BBers who deserve to be featured instead.

I'm not really worried about taking $$$ off the general public.  Others are already doing that, we will stick to what we know & suffer the consequences, good or bad. 
We are a serious BBing mag, so we want chicks with muscles, not models.

Magazine info:

$7.95 per issue
Bi monthly - 6 issues per year.
It will be available in newsagents all over Australia, as well as in good gyms & via subscription.
I have no idea how much it will be for overseas buyers, but I will find out in the next few weeks.
We will only cover shows overseas, that Aussies compete in.
We have the Aussie Pro Show & the Arnold Classic in our first issue, but we will probably cover the Mr Olympia, whether Aust has a representative or not.  It's the big-dance, so we need to put it in.
We have an interview with Pommy Pro BBer John Hodgson coming up in the second issue.
It is due out in mid June.

So long as an Australian is involved, or it happens on Australian soil, we will do our best to cover it.

Neil Gardner, (Monsta), will be involved with the magazine, (unfortunately, he is a good friend of mine & will get the shits if I don't let him write some stuff for us) :D 
He has already written a great piece for the first issue.

I have got most of Australia's best BBers involved, so we have plenty of credibility as far as writers & content goes.
I wish I could show you the mock-up that we have done.  In a word, it's stunning!  Everyone who has seen it, loves it.

Hopefully for Australian BBing, it will be successful.

Thanks again for your input, support & interest.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #299 on: April 01, 2007, 10:28:12 PM »
Thanks guys, I take all comments on board.

The cover is pretty much as it is, just a bit of fine tuning & tweaking up, but the basically we are happy with it.
As for the "Barbie Dolls", I like them as much as the next man, but I'm not paying $7.95 to see chicks in bikinis.
We have plenty of suitable magazines over here full of Bimbos.

We may put a couple of photos in our "Snapshots" section, a bit like MD does, but they will not be featured, we've got too many good BBers who deserve to be featured instead.

I'm not really worried about taking $$$ off the general public.  Others are already doing that, we will stick to what we know & suffer the consequences, good or bad. 
We are a serious BBing mag, so we want chicks with muscles, not models.

Magazine info:

$7.95 per issue
Bi monthly - 6 issues per year.
It will be available in newsagents all over Australia, as well as in good gyms & via subscription.
I have no idea how much it will be for overseas buyers, but I will find out in the next few weeks.
We will only cover shows overseas, that Aussies compete in.
We have the Aussie Pro Show & the Arnold Classic in our first issue, but we will probably cover the Mr Olympia, whether Aust has a representative or not.  It's the big-dance, so we need to put it in.
We have an interview with Pommy Pro BBer John Hodgson coming up in the second issue.
It is due out in mid June.

So long as an Australian is involved, or it happens on Australian soil, we will do our best to cover it.

Neil Gardner, (Monsta), will be involved with the magazine, (unfortunately, he is a good friend of mine & will get the shits if I don't let him write some stuff for us) :D 
He has already written a great piece for the first issue.

I have got most of Australia's best BBers involved, so we have plenty of credibility as far as writers & content goes.
I wish I could show you the mock-up that we have done.  In a word, it's stunning!  Everyone who has seen it, loves it.

Hopefully for Australian BBing, it will be successful.

Thanks again for your input, support & interest.

OK, that clears that up!

Outlaw, you come across  as an intelligent, positive and articulate person.  You obviously know what you want from this magazine,  and have the contacts and connections within Australia, to achieve a fruitful-publishing-result.

I admire your commitment and bravery in establishing a magazine of this nature.  I believe you are onto a winner here!

I imagine an Aussie-Pro like Lee Priest, would be in 'your sights' further down the track?  As you would be well aware, this guy has a massive world-wide fan base, and i imagine his future inclusion in the magazine would NOT 'harm'  your sales-figures?