Author Topic: Dorian at the 94 Olympia...holy shit...  (Read 24039 times)

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
Re: Dorian at the 94 Olympia...holy shit...
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2006, 12:11:29 AM »
Holy fukin  shit....look at those calves.... :o
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2006, 02:01:55 AM »
Robbery and the Olympia go hand and hand. ::)

Labrada beat Haney in 89 and 90.

Ray beat Yates in 94 and El Sonbaty beat him in 97.

im with you on the 89,90 and 97 calls...not so sure about the 94 call though, but i can see that it coulda went that way.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2006, 03:25:56 AM »
Dorian looks dense as f**k there! Do you have that video?

I taped it onto video off Sky Sports years ago,and then transferred it onto dvd and was able to take those screencaps,but i have no idea how to put the video on the net,at the moment my dvd player on my computer is playing up so i can`t even show any more screencaps.Sorry.
If i do manage to sort these problems out,then i`ll definitely put the video on youtube.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2006, 12:20:31 AM »
Holy Shit!  Somebody has to know where to find more pics of Dorian a week after the Olympia.  He looks fucking incredible in this shot.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2006, 12:37:51 AM »
in my oppinnion dorian got beat in 94 fair and square by an in shape shawn ray...he was so ON. Shawn, you shod have been mr O ON AT LEAST ONE OTHER OCASION

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2006, 02:41:31 AM »
you obviously have reading comprehension problems.

You are worthless. You have not made 1 intelligent contribution to the truce thread whatsoever. However, you have been owned so many times I'm surprised you keep coming back for more.

haha

you're gay

rayisnumerouno

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2006, 04:42:27 AM »
Dorian was a unique and obviously great bodybuilder but when one can lend an objective eye to watching that video (with a knowledge of what the other competitors looked like that year), it is impossible IMO to say her should have won.  Both his arms and legs were "small" overall when compared to the size of his torso.  He couldn't even flex his left arm which looked like an amateurs.  He did have a very reasonable waist line, a great back, and great calves but the weakness of his pecs, arms, and legs in judging in an unbiased manner should have prevented him from winning.  BTW I'm not one that subscribes to the theory of "if a guy is the biggest/has the most mass and is in shape then he should win" (and that goes for Ronnie & Jay too)  bodybuilding is about more than that to me... and 1994 was not Dorian's year.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2006, 08:32:42 AM »
Dorian was a unique and obviously great bodybuilder but when one can lend an objective eye to watching that video (with a knowledge of what the other competitors looked like that year), it is impossible IMO to say her should have won.  Both his arms and legs were "small" overall when compared to the size of his torso.  He couldn't even flex his left arm which looked like an amateurs.  He did have a very reasonable waist line, a great back, and great calves but the weakness of his pecs, arms, and legs in judging in an unbiased manner should have prevented him from winning.  BTW I'm not one that subscribes to the theory of "if a guy is the biggest/has the most mass and is in shape then he should win" (and that goes for Ronnie & Jay too)  bodybuilding is about more than that to me... and 1994 was not Dorian's year.

exactly. Well said.

this is what everyone has been saying.

Yet, some, like ND refuse to believe it and insist that their version of reality is the correct one ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2006, 01:28:31 PM »
Yates is dense in that shot, looks good. A shame it's largely squandered by glaring flaws, including amateur-level arms. As a result, despite the pros he deserved to lose a few times to others who were more deserving, who now aren't looked at in the same way. Thank Weider politics for that, politics that some here keep pretending don't exist.. :o

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2006, 01:29:24 PM »
Both his arms and legs were "small" overall when compared to the size of his torso.  He couldn't even flex his left arm which looked like an amateurs.  He did have a very reasonable waist line, a great back, and great calves but the weakness of his pecs, arms, and legs in judging in an unbiased manner should have prevented him from winning.
Pithy.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2006, 01:42:18 PM »

Momo pwned Dorian here

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2006, 01:44:47 PM »
Uh that year I would have given it to Shawn. Superior physique.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2006, 02:00:34 PM »

Momo pwned Dorian here

Where is this pic from?  It looks like it could be Yates' first NOC where Benaziza won.

As to the Dillet comparison, any advantages from the front were destroyed from the back.
Y

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2006, 02:06:49 PM »
Where is this pic from.  It looks like it could be Yates' first NOC where Benaziza won.

it was yates' first olympia win :-\

Flower Boy Ran Away

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2006, 02:09:27 PM »
it was yates' first olympia win :-\

There's Vince with the ole eye patch

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2006, 02:14:18 PM »
yup. its a shame. Had Vince shown up looking like he did at the ironman and Arnold Classic that year, it is likely he would have beaten Yates that year:

ironman vince vs. olympia 92 yates.

don't forget: Vince was no slouch in the back department at the time.
Flower Boy Ran Away

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2006, 02:17:12 PM »
If I'm not mistaken....Shawn Ray had something to say about believing Vince about the eye incident

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2006, 02:17:12 PM »
yup. its a shame. Had Vince shown up looking like he did at the ironman and Arnold Classic that year, it is likely he would have beaten Yates that year:

don't forget: Vince was no slouch in the back department at the time.

Oh jesus here we go again lol Vince wasn't going to beat Yates not by a long shot , Vince competed at 210lbs he wasn't big enough to match Yates for size & conditioning .

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2006, 03:10:48 PM »
Oh jesus here we go again lol Vince wasn't going to beat Yates not by a long shot , Vince competed at 210lbs he wasn't big enough to match Yates for size & conditioning .
What a coincidence that this sentiment is right out of Flex.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2006, 04:11:05 PM »
yup, dorian said that Vince Taylor was basically the reason that he "overdieted" and came in a little flat in 92, while in 93 he did not go for conditioning at the expense of size.

he came in bigger in 93, but not has hard at least in the lower back and midsection.

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2006, 04:41:11 PM »
yup, dorian said that Vince Taylor was basically the reason that he "overdieted" and came in a little flat in 92, while in 93 he did not go for conditioning at the expense of size.

he came in bigger in 93, but not has hard at least in the lower back and midsection.

Wrong . he chose to come in lighter due to the smaller guys like Ray , Levrone and Labrada and Taylor ! and he was a LOT bigger in 93 and had the exact same conditioning as 92 , kid you really need to learn about bodybuilding because your knowlege is weak.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2006, 04:43:09 PM »
Wrong . he chose to come in lighter due to the smaller guys like Ray , Levrone and Labrada and Taylor ! and he was a LOT bigger in 93 and had the exact same conditioning as 92 ,
I think this is correct.
bodybuildersreality.com

Alex23

« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2006, 05:05:49 PM »

Oh Brother...  Hulkster, the Dorian dellusion is embarrassing to look at...  ::)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2006, 05:17:04 PM »
Wrong . he chose to come in lighter due to the smaller guys like Ray , Levrone and Labrada and Taylor ! and he was a LOT bigger in 93 and had the exact same conditioning as 92 , kid you really need to learn about bodybuilding because your knowlege is weak.

that is exactly what I said moron!

He came in lighter to go for conditioning rather than size because of mainly Taylor (and Ray) in 1992

its right out of flex mag.

oh, and in 1993 he had a supergut standing in the symmetry round compared to 1992.

you, my friend, are a retard.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2006, 05:20:39 PM »

92 vs. 93 conditioning.

notice: 92 has more definition in the abs. Arms and quads as smooth as ever...

ND, you are such a tool.

you are very easy to prove wrong.
Flower Boy Ran Away