Author Topic: Forbes.com: Roethlisberger One Of Most Disliked People In Sports  (Read 997 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Talk about the tide turning.  Woods near the top too.  T.O. and AI seem to be on the list ever year.   

Forbes.com: Roethlisberger One Of Most Disliked People In Sports
Posted: 9:09 am EDT June 21, 2010
Updated: 9:24 am EDT June 21, 2010

NEW YORK -- Forbes.com released its yearly list of the most disliked people in sports and Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger came in at number 3.

For the second year in a row, Michael Vick topped the list, with 69 percent of those polled citing Vick as someone they "Dislike a lot," "Dislike," or "Dislike some" according to E-Poll Market Research.

"The general public largely still knows him for the dog fighting," said Gerry Philpott, E-Poll's CEO, citing his unusually high 54 percent awareness rating. "If you were to limit the responses to just NFL fans, Vick's number would probably skew lower."

To measure public opinion of sports figures, E-Poll surveyed 1,100 people nationwide, aged 13 or older. Forbes limited eligibility to those currently active in sports as a player, coach, manager, broadcaster, agent or owner. A 10 percent minimum awareness level was also a prerequisite.

Right behind Vick in this year's poll: Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis. Also making the list is fellow NFL owner Jerry Jones.

Others making an appearance: baseball's Alex Rodriguez and Mark McGwire (McGwire's return to coaching this year made him eligible for the list), along with football wide receiver diva Terrell Owens and NBA star Gilbert Arenas.

The most significant new entries this year are Tiger Woods and Ben Roethlisberger.

Accusations of sexual assault against Roethlisberger by a Georgia college student didn't lead to formal charges, but many say it greatly damaged his image.

The assault allegation "was bad, but the videos of Ben at the night club didn't help him either," said Cindy Rakowitz, a Los Angeles-based crisis management consultant. "His apology didn't seem sincere, nor did it get as much air play as the video of him handing out shots and dancing to Miley Cyrus."

Forbes.com Top 5 Most-Disliked People In Sports:

1. Michael Vick

2. Al Davis

3. Ben Roethlisberger

4. Tiger Woods

5. Jerry Jones

To read the full Forbes.com article click here.

http://www.wpxi.com/sports/23974742/detail.html

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Forbes.com: Roethlisberger One Of Most Disliked People In Sports
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 06:34:34 PM »
Haha, Al Davis #2.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 09:09:27 PM »
jerry jones? serously?

i hate the cowboys as much as the next guy but what the fuck has jerry jones done to warrant hate?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 07:18:44 PM »
kobe was on trial for rape, he repaired his reputation and i expect big ben to do the same

E
E

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 08:31:30 PM »
Where is Lane Kiffin at??
D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 11:10:33 AM »
Where is Lane Kiffin at??

Using his used car salesman approach to the next stop after he flames out badly at USC...

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 08:20:46 PM »
Using his used car salesman approach to the next stop after he flames out badly at USC...

That is my dream and beating O$U  8)
D