Author Topic: The Clothes you would wear, if you had the funds....  (Read 31184 times)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
Re: The Clothes you would wear, if you had the funds....
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2010, 01:41:27 PM »
even more amazing grimek was 66 years old in giant pants pic.

Yeah that's amazing.  The dude in my opinion represented the peak of physical culture/bodybuilding.  Grimek and Reeves definitely brought some class and character to bodybuilding and weightlifting.  Squeaky clean?  Of course not but of above average character compared to the guys nowadays.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2010, 03:00:47 PM »
As opposed to discussing the ripped glutes of men in thongs?

On a BB board , funny that  :D

Its Jesus H Christ...not jesus age christ

for fucks sake will.....

I write my own script , can you tell ?  :D

body88

« Reply #152 on: August 05, 2010, 03:16:19 PM »
On a BB board , funny that  :D
I write my own script , can you tell ?  :D

Hoe masculine these bb's are as they apply their "dream tan" and dance around in a thong.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2010, 03:19:29 PM »
Hoe masculine these bb's are as they apply their "dream tan" and dance around in a thong.

Agree , they would be better at home discussing clothes on a BB board , the feminine bum cum cream puff queefs  :D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #154 on: August 05, 2010, 03:38:47 PM »
End of the thread  ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: September 07, 2010, 12:21:24 AM »
Old Navy?  How old are you man!  Their clothes are are made for high school teenagers.  At least step up to the GAP.  They are similar but cater to adults.  Old Navy clothes really suck! 

Are you saying that I should dress my age? That's crap! If the clothes fit, and they do, then there is no reason not to wear them....guess I am built like a teenager....ha, ha.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #156 on: September 07, 2010, 12:35:21 AM »
I wear the Jeff Lebowski line of clothing.
  ;D

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #157 on: September 07, 2010, 06:52:29 AM »
I wear Structure and American Eagle right now but when it comes to nice suit I have to go to the Wizard of Ah's.  www.ahfashion.com
A

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #158 on: September 07, 2010, 08:06:12 AM »
it's not about the 'name' that should make you decide who's brand to wear, it's about how it fits.

bigger guys will have to either go bespoke on one end ($$$$), or suit separates on the other ($$). for what a good bespoke suit costs you from saville row, you can fly to bangkok, find a good tailor and have 4 suits made for the same price including your airfare. i did this the last time i was there.

for those who don't have the bank roll to buy bespoke- recently because of fluctuations in my weight and i have two weddings coming up i bought two calvin klein suit separates and had them tailored to fit and i can't believe how good the cut is on me for an off the rack suit. highly recommend them for guys who don't have the bank roll for higher end stuff.

and, yeah some guys take shit too far and start being metro- but there is a huge difference between wanting to dress well, and being a little too into it.

surprised nobody has mentioned shoes- get good shoes if your thinking about upgrading your wardrobe. and im not talking whats hot at ALDO. a good pair of classic shoes that wont go out of style will cost you a bit more, but you'll have them for life and never replace them. the one thing you should never skimp on is your shoes. something like a pair of allen edmonds 5th avenues. a good pair of shoes should be one of the first things you buy.

all that being said- 6 out of 7 days of the week in the summer when im not at work i rock Jordan shorts and shoes, and whatever college team t shirt i grab off the shelf. thats how i always dress and always will- in the winter i have 3 pairs of jeans that are 10 years old i'll never throw out that i wear and i wear fucking flannel and a haynes tshirt cause thats what im most comfortable wearing. it isnt about dressing a certain way to impress anyone- its about being comfortable in what you are wearing, but being able to look also look good when you need to.
b

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #159 on: September 07, 2010, 08:16:14 AM »

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #160 on: September 07, 2010, 09:25:18 AM »

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #161 on: September 07, 2010, 09:28:00 AM »
What would be your picks?

Here are mine:
Ermenegildo Zegna
http://www.zegna.com/

Kenneth Cole
http://www.kennethcole.com/home/index.jsp

thedailycosty.blogspot.com/

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #162 on: September 07, 2010, 10:49:14 AM »
F

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: September 07, 2010, 05:30:25 PM »

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #164 on: October 18, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »
Tailor made double breasted blazer; tailor made charcoal grey trousers or khaki; tailor made pastel blue or pink shirt; red necktie...Double breated jackets are made for guys with big upper bodies.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2010, 08:46:13 AM »
Does this guy look like a metro to you? This guy was always dressed to the nines and he was tearing off pussy like it was going out of style.

Nice find

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2010, 11:29:56 AM »
Its Jesus H Christ...not jesus age christ

for fucks sake will.....

Whats the H stand for?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #167 on: October 19, 2010, 12:05:45 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: November 26, 2010, 01:07:44 PM »
Tailor made double breasted blazer; tailor made charcoal grey trousers or khaki; tailor made pastel blue or pink shirt; red necktie...Double breated jackets are made for guys with big upper bodies.

Fashion experts (whatever that means) say only thin men should wear double breasted jackets and pleated trousers.

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #169 on: November 26, 2010, 01:15:19 PM »
Used to be into expensive brands n shit, now I don't give a shit as long as they fit well, look cool, and the outfit looks good as a whole.. it can be dirt cheap or expensive.. fit and look is more important than price/brand.

Fit is definitely the most important factor.

body88

« Reply #170 on: November 26, 2010, 01:22:19 PM »
Anyone with more than an 8 inch drop should wear mtm suits or go bespoke, period.

There is no set rule of who should wear what (aside from a few staples). You wear what fits you well. Quality is king, labels mean nothing (aside for about a dozen staples). Half the labels you dudes buy are made by manufactureres who sell their shit in sears, as well. You get what you pay for. If you pay full retail off the rack, you are a sucker. Bespoke and mtm are worth every cent.

Massive bodybuilders will never look good in a suit, as there comes a certain point when your propotions are just fucked up, period. A 50 inch chest and a 34 inch waist is not normal. It's never going to look right no matter what you wear.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: November 26, 2010, 03:55:03 PM »
docs are amazing

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: December 06, 2010, 11:07:21 PM »
most people wear shit that they see others wear, or shit they see in magazines or tv.....nobody has their own style anymore...this thread proves that...

bench

Agreed. Most of us suckers also imagine we look just as good as the models in these magazines do if we where the same clothes.

Being retired, I have little use for suits. I mostly dress casual. While I don't care about labels, I am a "clothes horse" in that I have a lot of clothes. Last year I rediscovered Structure cotton tee shirts that have a small amount of latex. I buy them to fit, XL. Every time I go to Sears, which carries this brand, I buy more of them. I must have every color they've ever come in in both long sleeve and short. They don't cost much, which is always nice.

The skinny fit Structure jeans feel good on. I bought a couple of pairs in different sizes. The 34" jeans feel a little tight when I first put them on, but they stretch out in about an hour and then feel great. If I don't wear a belt with them, they do tend to slip down some. while I don't like my pants hiked up, I am not into showing my ass crack to folks.

I used to like shrink to fit 501's and cowboy cut Wranglers. These seem too tight and too high waisted to me now. For a baggier fit, I wear Lucky Brand jeans....they make me feel so lucky! Ha, ha. While I go for comfort, I don't like looking sloppy. So, I never wear sweats, etc. I prefer sandals to sneakers both summer and winter.

When I have to dress up, I throw on a blazer or sport coat, sometimes over a dress shirt and sometimes just over a tee shirt. Oh the joys of being retired and old....no one cares what you wear. Ha, ha.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2010, 11:13:47 PM »
Fashion experts (whatever that means) say only thin men should wear double breasted jackets and pleated trousers.
They are wrong...double breasted jackets  if fitted properly make guys with a big chest look great.