Author Topic: Duck Dynasty Saga Ends. Phil Robertson Back On A&E  (Read 6918 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Duck Dynasty Saga Ends. Phil Robertson Back On A&E
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2013, 01:30:09 PM »
Loco - let's do a quick review of my belief

I believe that Phil (and anyone) should be allowed to say whatever the fuck he wants and the rest of us can choose to agree with him or not agree with him and even mock him for his stupid and bigoted beliefs

the source of his beliefs don't make him immune from criticism, mockage, etc..

Can I make that any easier for you to understand

This I understand, and I agree.

Now, is it okay to spin what he said, twist what he said, lie about what he actually said to sensationalize, exaggerate in order to push an agenda?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2013, 01:47:57 PM »
This I understand, and I agree.

Now, is it okay to spin what he says, twist what he says, lie about what he actually said to sensationalize, exaggerate in order to push an agenda?

you seem to have forgotten that all I did was post his very own words

here is my first post on this thread

what exactly do you think was my spin or exaggeration?

now we can get more pearls of wisdom like these:

Robertson thinks black Americans were treated just fine in the Jim Crow-era South, and that they were happy there.
"I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."

Robertson thinks the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor because they didn't believe in Jesus.
 "All you have to do is look at any society where there is no Jesus. I’ll give you four: Nazis, no Jesus. Look at their record. Uh, Shintos? They started this thing in Pearl Harbor. Any Jesus among them? None. Communists? None. Islamists? Zero. That’s eighty years of ideologies that have popped up where no Jesus was allowed among those four groups. Just look at the records as far as murder goes among those four groups."

Robertson hates gay people.
 Robertson in 2010: "Women with women, men with men, they committed indecent acts with one another, and they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversions. They’re full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant, God-haters. They are heartless, they are faithless, they are senseless, they are ruthless. They invent ways of doing evil."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/when-you-defend-phil-robertson-heres-what-youre-really-defending-2013-12#ixzz2oj6FVlTg

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2013, 01:51:14 PM »
Straw Man, is it okay or not to spin what he said, twist what he said, lie about what he actually said to sensationalize, exaggerate in order to push an agenda?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2013, 01:54:26 PM »
Straw Man, is it okay or not to spin what he said, twist what he said, lie about what he actually said to sensationalize, exaggerate in order to push an agenda?

I didn't spin or twist  anything he said

I posted his direct quotes

btw - I'd love to know what you think is my agenda (other than what I've stated repeatedly which is to allow people to say whatever they want and let everyone judge for themselves whether it's moronic and bigoted)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2013, 02:02:34 PM »

It's a very simple question that requires a yes/no answer.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2013, 02:05:53 PM »

It's a very simple question that requires a yes/no answer.

depends on the situation

give me an example

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2013, 02:25:03 PM »
gay mafia had to retreat this time  ;D

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2013, 03:36:01 PM »
Will television not become boring if everybody who says something nutty is banned?