Author Topic: FRANCO COLUMBU: 120 GRAMS OF PROTEIN: High Protein is a lie. Other diet Myths!  (Read 39739 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
The bottom line is this:

There are many ways to prepare for a show...the one constant I've seen in my 28 years of training and competing...is high protein. You need X-amount of calories just to sustain the amount of muscl mass you have. As one gets bigger and puts on more mass over time...their protein rquirements also get higher. In order to get lean while retaining muscle, the only way to get those calories....is from protein.

What Adonis is preaching has already been tried...many times. This isnt innovative or even original. Dr. Mario DePasquale (and probably some before him) brought this "revolutionary" method to the WBF back in the 90's....with dismal results.

I am personal friends with a few of the guys that were on the WBF, and had to follow this diet made up of high fat foods, high sugar foods, etc....a caloie is a calorie. The physiques displayed were among some of the worst I've ever seen on a pro stage...these guys looked like my balls (with all due respect to my balls!)

The answer to this great debate is simple....IT'S IN THE MIDDLE.

LIKE ALL THINGS IN LIFE...THE ANSWER LIES RIGHT WHERE PEOPLE FAIL TO LOOK...IN THE MIDDLE.

Gez...lets see..should I take 500g. of protein or 100g.??

Should I do 30 sets per bodypart, or 4?

Should I cut my water out 4 days out or 2 hours before the show?

Should I train heavy all the time, or mix in some rep work?

etc.

etc.

EXTREMES are the worst thing a competitive BB can do...every action will produce an equal and greator re-action...usually not for the better.

I agree, works for me.

Moderation Moderation Moderation
S

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
LOL @ the sucking of Bob's dick "Tu Holmes", you were pretty quick to question me.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
The problem is that everyone wants to make a science project out of getting ready for a show....

If I had a dime for every question I've had over the years reguarding extremes in bodybuilding...well....I'd have a shitload of dimes!

The more complicated a program becomes...the more shit there is to try and figure out where it went wrong...if the K.I.S.S. methodology applies to anything...it should be contest prep.

Easy formula...if I only have 4 things to concentrate on...I only have 4 things to look at in the event I come in off.

If you have 20 things you're juggling...where the fuck do you look? Could be number 6 was off, could have been 6,7,14 and 20, etc. etc......tough to fix something when you dont know what to fix.

Making things more EFFICIENT is the key...not making them more complicated.

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
It’s well known that they took steroids in the Pumping Iron days. Even Schwarzenegger has come clean about this. Fact is, they didn’t have the information back then about how dangerous the drugs are.

What information are you refering to Franco?

He sees those symptoms in today’s bodybuilders, some of whom are so massive they make the Pumping Iron bunch seem small. Columbu sees a lot of fat stomachs, which indicates to him that drugs are rampant. He tells young athletes and bodybuilders to stay off the juice, including Human Growth Hormone (HGH).

Yep, using steroids puts fat on your stomach. Without steroids Franco would not have made it out of Sardinia. This guy really is as dumb as he looks.

Why do you think so many guys today look pregnant?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
LOL @ the sucking of Bob's dick "Tu Holmes", you were pretty quick to question me.

HEY!! No one sucks the dick of chick except Mrs. Chick...dont be sick, ya prick! ;D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

When did I do that? In regards to what? I must have missed that...

As far as Bob goes... I really don't care who he is (no offense Bob) He's never done anything for me.

You must have me confused with someone else... He said something I agree with,. How is that "sucking his dick"?

If you said you like to bang hot chicks and I agreed with that, would I be sucking your dick too?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Say that 3 times fast!
S

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
HEY!! No one sucks the dick of chick except Mrs. Chick...dont be sick, ya prick! ;D

aahahaha, you know what I mean. Kiss your ass, etc.

Anyway, tu holmes, nevermind.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
aahahaha, you know what I mean. Kiss your ass, etc.

Anyway, tu holmes, nevermind.

HEY!! No one kisses my ass except my lass...dont be crass ya large mouth bass! ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
The bottom line is this:

There are many ways to prepare for a show...the one constant I've seen in my 28 years of training and competing...is high protein. You need X-amount of calories just to sustain the amount of muscl mass you have. As one gets bigger and puts on more mass over time...their protein rquirements also get higher. In order to get lean while retaining muscle, the only way to get those calories....is from protein.

What Adonis is preaching has already been tried...many times. This isnt innovative or even original. Dr. Mario DePasquale (and probably some before him) brought this "revolutionary" method to the WBF back in the 90's....with dismal results.

I am personal friends with a few of the guys that were on the WBF, and had to follow this diet made up of high fat foods, high sugar foods, etc....a caloie is a calorie. The physiques displayed were among some of the worst I've ever seen on a pro stage...these guys looked like my balls (with all due respect to my balls!)

The answer to this great debate is simple....IT'S IN THE MIDDLE.

LIKE ALL THINGS IN LIFE...THE ANSWER LIES RIGHT WHERE PEOPLE FAIL TO LOOK...IN THE MIDDLE.

Gez...lets see..should I take 500g. of protein or 100g.??

Should I do 30 sets per bodypart, or 4?

Should I cut my water out 4 days out or 2 hours before the show?

Should I train heavy all the time, or mix in some rep work?

etc.

etc.

EXTREMES are the worst thing a competitive BB can do...every action will produce an equal and greator re-action...usually not for the better.

Bob,

His methods are ENTIRELY different.

Please do not group me without fully knowing my Principles.

Furhtermore,  High Protein is NOT a common trend.

Look back further into bodybuilding if you need more justification.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
It's been a common trend in the 28 years i've been doing it...and every pro I know over that time.

What makes your methods any different than DePasquales?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
It's been a common trend in the 28 years i've been doing it...and every pro I know over that time.

So what you're saying is that because the masses do it, then it must be the right thing...

Hmm... Remember when the masses thought the world was flat?

thisiskeith12

HEY!! No one kisses my ass except my lass...dont be crass ya large mouth bass! ;D

Bob, have you been drinking?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Chic really about  time dude you chipped in here. I just feel bad for the newbs @ getbig to get mislead by this type of confusion true adonis is blurring around for either attention or "revolutionary dieting principles" that either kills your muscles or barely to maintain it.

http://www.ivannikolov.com/nutrition/index.html

Check that link out, this dude has an awesome physique from Bulgaria if i'm not misstaken, he's a natural if it matters.  A very SIMPLE approach to dieting just like most people who do it right!

You annoy me.

I am not trying to mislead anyone or tell anyone to do anything they don`t want to do.

They do need to know the truth though.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
So what you're saying is that because the masses do it, then it must be the right thing...

NO, he is saying do it because it works. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel!!!!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
The problem is that everyone wants to make a science project out of getting ready for a show....

If I had a dime for every question I've had over the years reguarding extremes in bodybuilding...well....I'd have a shitload of dimes!

The more complicated a program becomes...the more shit there is to try and figure out where it went wrong...if the K.I.S.S. methodology applies to anything...it should be contest prep.

Easy formula...if I only have 4 things to concentrate on...I only have 4 things to look at in the event I come in off.

If you have 20 things you're juggling...where the f**k do you look? Could be number 6 was off, could have been 6,7,14 and 20, etc. etc......tough to fix something when you dont know what to fix.

Making things more EFFICIENT is the key...not making them more complicated.

This is my approach totally.

Efficiency. In all aspects, even economically.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V

Yeah...about the same time they thought they could eat anything they wanted to and look good! ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
Believe me, bro...If bodybuilders thought they could eat bullshit all day long AND get in contest shape...they would have figured it out yeeeeeeeears ago....

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

Well, it works like this. I have come up with a formula that determines down to the exact limit of how much heat I release in a closed system. I have come up with this formula based solely on each individuals performance so Anyone is capable of doing this.

Here is a before and after. I haver ALWAYS been a hard trainer and have used conventional methods in the past regarding diet. I have gotten lean on the typical bodybuilder diet, but I also got WEAKER,more tired,felt awful and not to mention it is inconvenient,not economical or practical.

I got fat eating Chicken Breast and Oatmeal and eating clean, I got Ripped eating, Ice Cream and Krispy Kreme.

The idea of eating 700 lbs of meat(350 grams of protein a day for a year) to build about 48 ounces of muscle(about the lifetime natural limit`s average muscle building potential) is just an inefficient waste of heat energy. The body is an effecient processor and science dictates that eating in this manner is futile and pointless. This being based on the conversion of energy. It simply makes zero sense to put in 700 lbs of potential energy to convert into 48 ounces of a different form of stored potential energy. It does not add up!
Matter can neither be created nor destroyed so as you can see, most of this 700 lbs is just wasted potential energy.

Now my equation can be utilized by anyone to be whatever Bodyfat their heart desires at any given time. This means anyone can also hold whatever conditioning they want indefinitely since they know their heat values. They can adjust accordingly at any moment up or down to manipulate fat storage.....You can essentially pick a single date on the calendar and to the DAY, determine EXACTLY what bodyfat you will be.

I also do no cardio and lift about 3 or 4 days a week.

The best part is, you do this by eating whatever your heart desires. I like Burger King,Krispy Kreme,Cake and Cookies and Pizza. So that is what I eat. I also eat off the Food Network. And my favorite, Ice Cream! Everyday! hahah MY girlfriend is one hell of a cook and we like to pick up specials from the fish market as well. The choices are limitless....Whatever you want.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Yeah...about the same time they thought they could eat anything they wanted to and look good! ;D

I think that people on average were actually slimmer back then were they not? Not morbidly obese like people of today?

Oh, and they had a life span roughly equal to todays professional bodybuilders anyway... Wonder why that is?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Believe me, bro...If bodybuilders thought they could eat bullshit all day long AND get in contest shape...they would have figured it out yeeeeeeeears ago....
Some have. Most haven`t.

Let us even use you as an example.

You follow the GI index when in a caloric defecit.  You have never stopped to realize that it is pointless to do so as if you are burning everything you ingest, you safely remove Insulin Response from the equation in its entirety.

Couple that, with the fact that the American Diabetic Association laughs at the GI index and does not accept it.

Take that for what it is worth my friend.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
You know what dude? I dont even know why i got my foot into this one, its going nowhere.

It's like that dude "John Brown" from the White Rapper show.

Question: John Brown, what are you gonna do with the ghetto dude?

Answer: I'm gonna revive it spiritually and economically

Everything works guys! 

HALLELUJAH HOLLA BACK  ::)
#

thisiskeith12

TA, sometimes, I think of food as orgasmic.

Well, it works like this. I have come up with a formula that determines down to the exact limit of how much heat I release in a closed system. I have come up with this formula based solely on each individuals performance so Anyone is capable of doing this.

Here is a before and after. I haver ALWAYS been a hard trainer and have used conventional methods in the past regarding diet. I have gotten lean on the typical bodybuilder diet, but I also got WEAKER,more tired,felt awful and not to mention it is inconvenient,not economical or practical.

I got fat eating Chicken Breast and Oatmeal and eating clean, I got Ripped eating, Ice Cream and Krispy Kreme.

The idea of eating 700 lbs of meat(350 grams of protein a day for a year) to build about 48 ounces of muscle(about the lifetime natural limit`s average muscle building potential) is just an inefficient waste of heat energy. The body is an effecient processor and science dictates that eating in this manner is futile and pointless. This being based on the conversion of energy. It simply makes zero sense to put in 700 lbs of potential energy to convert into 48 ounces of a different form of stored potential energy. It does not add up!
Matter can neither be created nor destroyed so as you can see, most of this 700 lbs is just wasted potential energy.

Now my equation can be utilized by anyone to be whatever Bodyfat their heart desires at any given time. This means anyone can also hold whatever conditioning they want indefinitely since they know their heat values. They can adjust accordingly at any moment up or down to manipulate fat storage.....You can essentially pick a single date on the calendar and to the DAY, determine EXACTLY what bodyfat you will be.

The best part is, you do this by eating whatever your heart desires. I like Burger King,Krispy Kreme,Cake and Cookies and Pizza. So that is what I eat. I also eat off the Food Network. And my favorite, Ice Cream! Everyday! hahah MY girlfriend is one hell of a cook and we like to pick up specials from the fish market as well. The choices are limitless....Whatever you want.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V

Ta in all seriousness then, if you have such a plan NO ONE can comment on it, believe in it, or follow it!!!!! if we don't know how it is applied. So, if you never reveil it how can we possibley take you seriously.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
Some have. Most haven`t.

Let us even use you as an example.

You follow the GI index when in a caloric defecit.  You have never stopped to realize that it is pointless to do so as if you are burning everything you ingest, you safely remove Insulin Response from the equation in its entirety.

Couple that, with the fact that the American Diabetic Association laughs at the GI index and does not accept it.

Take that for what it is worth my friend.

I've never been in a caloric deficiet when dieting for a show..my calories go up significantly. Calories from Protien replace calories from carbs...it's that simple.