Author Topic: Good parenting or not?  (Read 1955 times)

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: Good parenting or not?
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2014, 05:09:01 AM »
Whilst having a lovely holiday meal ,our adjacent table ,a German family with smal children caught our attention.
A three year old child was plying up a bit so the mother in an attempt to get the child in line grabbed her arm pinned it to the table and pressed a steak knife on it with the obvious ultimatum that behave or get slashed.
Now I attempted to see if the child had old scars as a result of previous excrursions but she seemed unscathed.
The child however seemed pretty traumatised but ten minutes later she was fucking around again and was dragged out to a quiet location for an obvious beating and then brought back.
Seems the knife trick doesn't work in case anyone considers it in the future, unless you go through with it of course.

that parenting technique is called how to create a serial killer

I would have said something

its poor parenting that has led to the child being unruly in the first place

T

Simple Simon

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2014, 08:34:45 AM »
that parenting technique is called how to create a serial killer

I would have said something

its poor parenting that has led to the child being unruly in the first place

I don't speak German or I would have cut in (pardon the pun)

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2014, 08:40:43 AM »
I don't speak German or I would have cut in (pardon the pun)

surely just rasing your voice and speaking slowly like all brits on holiday would have done the trick
T

Simple Simon

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2014, 08:53:30 AM »
surely just rasing your voice and speaking slowly like all brits on holiday would have done the trick
Raising your voice to a woman who is prepared to put a knife to a her child's arm may not be the wisest thing to do.