Author Topic: Season Finale of Sons of Anarchy  (Read 67974 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Season-Finale of Sons of Anarchy
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2014, 05:03:39 PM »
All juice's problems started because he was trying to hide that he had a black father so he wouldn't get kicked out the club.  Two seasons later, Tig is openly dating a pre op tranny and nobody cares.
Y

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2014, 05:11:35 PM »

Agree on unser disagree on Gemma.  Gemma couldn't be spared.  It wasn't just for what she did, but for all subsequent actions that it led to.  That one action ruined everything - his marriage, the club, the streets, etc....and changed the way things were handled (preacher, etc)  I hope someone on the net does a body count chart for how many got killed because of it.

And, if I recall, preacher got killed because of either someone pulling a gun, or they thought something else happened.  Didn't waste him for making the tape, did they?

2 people on the bed got wasted.  preacher was on the floor begging them not to kill him, as he was only wounded.  they gave him the headshot.  i guess cause he witnessed them killing the wrong person. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2014, 05:13:56 PM »
My HOPE is that Sutter will go home, smoke pot for a month and write an AMAZING show with the best elements of SOA + the Shield.   Imagine a BETTER version of "Walking dead" where they don't act like whiny punks all day long... or a show about a construction crew that robs places at night... or some cool mobster show... with that cast, you can do anything.  imagine Tig and Shane and Mackey and the captain(s) and unser, all in new roles... that show would rock, no matter what it was. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2014, 05:15:35 PM »
My HOPE is that Sutter will go home, smoke pot for a month and write an AMAZING show with the best elements of SOA + the Shield.   Imagine a BETTER version of "Walking dead" where they don't act like whiny punks all day long... or a show about a construction crew that robs places at night... or some cool mobster show... with that cast, you can do anything.  imagine Tig and Shane and Mackey and the captain(s) and unser, all in new roles... that show would rock, no matter what it was. 

That would be kind of cool.

SoA was a good show.  It  just didn't end early enough before it got stupid.  When Clay survived the season of the attempted hit on Tara, that was it.
Y

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2014, 05:28:37 PM »
My favorite line on the show was in the first episode. Some days your the Beemer, some days your the God dammed deer...

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2014, 02:40:06 AM »
Good show, people take it way too seriously and do too much thinking.
Like Shatner says to the nerds in the star trek convention audience (SNL)

"Its just a TV show damnit, just a tv show"  "Hey you, you ever kissed a girl"
"Get out of your parents basement, get a life people"...

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2014, 03:11:32 AM »
I learned to suspend my belief in the 1st episode, when Juice turned to Jax and told him he'd hacked the fbi's computers

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2014, 03:17:24 AM »
After Juice left the warehouse where his president patch was stripped, I think he should have gone on his motorcycle and drive to Sylva, NC. There, he should knock on Goodrum's trailer and say to him: "It is time. Let's sell some bitcoins, bro".

The show should end there.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2014, 06:27:11 AM »
After Juice left the warehouse where his president patch was stripped, I think he should have gone on his motorcycle and drive to Sylva, NC. There, he should knock on Goodrum's trailer and say to him: "It is time. Let's sell some bitcoins, bro".

The show should end there.

;D :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2014, 07:07:06 AM »
Suicide.... it was kinda a bitch move.  Let's think of a better alternative ending...

He *could* have saved up some blood in a freezer for a month,covered his bike in it, pushed it off a cliff to a fiery crash to fake his death (Yes, the Charming keystone cops would have believed it), then hitch hiked his way out of town, with Vic Mackey being the trucker that picks him up on the way out of town.

It's a way for the 2 chief actors of Sutter's two shows leaving town together, maybe joking about starting over in a new city and cracking open a beer as they turn up some music and drive out of town.   Everyone thinks Jax died, the room is open for a sequel as Jax returns in 15 years, having made his fortune in a cool show where Jax + Milos (mackey) build a new series in a new city.

Pork_Chop

• Getbig III
  • Registered since 2003
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2014, 07:47:39 AM »
As entertainment goes, the entire series was very entertaining, especially "Laying Pipe" season 5.

But the ending.... if it looked poorly done by today's standards, well, it will look absolutely terrible in years to come.

I think 'less is more' when shooting those types of endings, a glimpse of the truck and then it fades out. Instead they tried to show frame by frame of him driving 10mph towards it.

And the cheesy crows, the bread and the hamlet quote at the end - appalling.

If i was shooting it, i'd ask for a big budget and would have maybe faded the truck into a flashback of his father - stood there open-armed to meet him in the middle of the road with his arms open. Like a surreal donnie darko moment.

Instead we get a piece of bread and a CGI crow  ;D

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2014, 11:30:11 AM »
This show has jumped the shark.  I can't get past the lead guys horrible acting.

THE WHOLE SHOW is as irritating as hell.

most unrealistic portrayal of a bike group. has the overwhelming thumbs down from the harley community.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2014, 11:35:13 AM »
Telling your kid that you love him when you say you want him to hate the thought of you when your gone...

Yeah, that stuck out for me too... If that's what he really wanted he should have slapped the mom in front of them and drove off...

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2014, 01:52:17 PM »
I will miss the show.  I have a lot of the same judgements posted here but sad nonetheless.  This is probably because I never got into 'shows' that I regularly watched but SOA was an exception.  I think the kids never getting to know their dad sucked.  Tough scene to get through as a dad myself. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2014, 02:29:55 PM »
I will miss the show.  I have a lot of the same judgements posted here but sad nonetheless.  This is probably because I never got into 'shows' that I regularly watched but SOA was an exception.  I think the kids never getting to know their dad sucked.  Tough scene to get through as a dad myself. 

Just remind yourself of the people he killed or had killed and their kids.. it should help

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2014, 02:42:19 PM »
Sopranos still tops it by miles

Ron Jeremy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2014, 02:46:32 PM »
The Wire- Best show ever.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2014, 03:26:13 PM »

Like comparing the Beatles and Nickleback

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2014, 03:53:07 PM »

And The Shield was better than Sopranos.Sopranos had a few really bad seasons.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2014, 04:03:54 PM »
Got a few long haul flights this year, might have a look at the shield, dont watch much tv, usually work train or sleep, but holidays and flights are the exceptions

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2014, 02:57:43 AM »
Can someone explain the homeless lady, who kept appearing, gave him the blanket, etc? (A ghost of his father or some shit)?
Reason that the bread was there at the end when he died? (She was eating that when she gave him the blanket to hide under to kill the african american gentleman criminal...

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2014, 03:24:07 AM »
Jax is not the type of person who kills himself. Shitty ending.

He should have gone out like 240 describes or like a real gun fight.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2014, 06:03:15 AM »
And The Shield was better than Sopranos.Sopranos had a few really bad seasons.

Yup, until the last season The Shield was an awesome show.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2014, 06:14:14 AM »
Jax is not the type of person who kills himself. Shitty ending.

He should have gone out like 240 describes or like a real gun fight.

Jax was the whiniest, most self-engrossed, selfish person the entire series.  Oh, it's all about his feelings, his emotions, blah blah.  Suddenly he decides on suicide?   Stupid.

I hope sutter reads this thread and secretly re-films the last 5 minutes of the show.  Release it as a "web short".   Jax saves up blood in a little mini-fridge at the bike shop.   He paints his bike with the stored blood, and drives it off a 500 foot gorge, fiery explosion down mountain into water.   Presumed dead by that weak ass police force, convinced Jax was going to suicide it.  He hitch hikes with Vic Mackey/Milos, and smirks as he drives past the hapless sheriffs examining the exploded bike crime scene.  "Where you headed?" asks Milos.  "I've got big plans..." says Jax, and it fades out.

Jax gets to close all those stories up neatly, he might return for his kids one day, and the viewer is intrigued with "woah, wasting all those people and faking death was only the warmup... I wonder what his BIG PLANS are?"

Mr Sutter - Go film that.  The fans deserve the alternate ending.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2014, 06:19:31 AM »
x