Author Topic: Is God Cruel?  (Read 35481 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Is God Cruel?
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2008, 01:09:09 PM »
Why did you do this OzmO?  Did God really tell you to do it or did you make that up?

What if God told me to do it?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2008, 01:11:13 PM »

Why did you do it?  Did or didn't God tell you to do it?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2008, 01:12:51 PM »
Why did you do it?  Did or didn't God tell you to do it?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2008, 01:18:35 PM »

If you enjoy smacking kids for no reason and on top of that making up a story that God told you to do it, then you got what you deserve.

Do you believe there is a God?  Do you believe that God is NOT cruel?  Why?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008, 01:20:44 PM »
If you enjoy smacking kids for no reason and on top of that making up a story that God told you to do it, then you got what you deserve.

Still can't answer my question can you Loco?   What if God told me to do it?

And do you really think I'd go up to a child a smack them in the face?   ::)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2008, 01:22:56 PM »
Still can't answer my question can you Loco?   What if God told me to do it?

And do you really think I'd go up to a child a smack them in the face?   ::)

God did not tell you to do it.  God would not tell you to do it.  God has not told anybody to smack a kid in the face.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2008, 01:26:58 PM »
God did not tell you to do it.  God would not tell you to do it.  God has not told anybody to smack a kid in the face.

So now you decided what God does and doesn't do?   You speak for God?

answer the question loco what if god told me to do it?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2008, 01:28:15 PM »
So now you decided what God does and doesn't do?

answer the question loco what if god told me to do it?

You know I go by what the Bible says.

What did the kid do?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2008, 01:31:32 PM »
Yes.  But certainly not a personal god like in the bible.

So there is a God, but

1.  He is not personal
2.  He is not the God of the Bible

Why?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2008, 01:41:13 PM »

What did the kid do?

If you know what the bible says then how do you know he didn't tell me?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2008, 01:47:28 PM »

What did the kid do?

What does it matter what the kid did or didn't do?  It didn't matter to the GOD of the OT.

answer the Question loco.  what if God told me to do it?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2008, 01:49:02 PM »
If you know what the bible says then how do you know he didn't tell me?

How do I know God didn't tell you to smack a random kid in the face because of Adam's and Eve's sin?  Well, first of all the Bible says that kid, like all of us is already paying and will continue to pay for Adam's sin, death, sickness, suffering etc.  So God wouldn't directly tell you to go smack him because of Adam's sin.  That's ridiculous.  

Now, if Adam had not sinned, there wouldn't be crazy child abusers in this world that would go up to a kid at the park and smack him in the face and then say that God told him to smack the kid because of Adam's sin.  Therefore, in a way, the kid who got smacked by the crazy child abuser is indeed suffering, indirectly, as a consequence of Adam's sin.

Do you believe that God is NOT cruel?  Why?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2008, 01:56:18 PM »
How do I know God didn't tell you to smack a random kid in the face because of Adam's and Eve's sin?  Well, first of all the Bible says that kid, like all of us is already paying and will continue to pay for Adam's sin, death, sickness, suffering etc.  So God wouldn't directly tell you to go smack him because of Adam's sin.  That's ridiculous.

Now, if Adam had not sinned, there wouldn't be crazy child abusers in this world that would go up to a kid at the park and smack him in the face and then say that God told him to smack the kid because of Adam's sin.  Therefore, in a way, the kid who got smacked by the crazy child abuser is indeed suffering, indirectly, as a consequence of Adam's sin.

Do you believe that God is NOT cruel?  Why?

No more ridiculous than god Telling me or a group of Jews to kill children.

But since you speak for God, what if God told me to do it?

P.S.  do you really think I'd randomly hit a child?   ::)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2008, 02:09:34 PM »
No more ridiculous than god Telling me or a group of Jews to kill children.

But since you speak for God, what if God told me to do it?

P.S.  do you really think I'd randomly hit a child?   ::)

Your analogy of yourself targeting a random kid at the park, not for anything his/her parents did, but for Adam's sin is terrible.  No offense.  You'll have to come up with one that at least comes close to parallel with the Old Testament.

In the Old Testament, God told Israel to destroy wicked nations, along with their children.  God did not tell Israel to go kill only the children.  God did not tell Israel to go kill children because of Adam's sin.  See how your analogy is not good?

I don't speak for God.  If you really think that I do, then you either have not read the Bible or simply forgot what it says.  God speaks for Himself.

You believe there is a God, but that He is not cruel.  Why?  If there is a God and if He is cruel, He will not cease to exist and He will not cease to be cruel just because you don't like it.

As for children suffering for the sins of the parents, it happens everyday.  You have mocked Christians and you have mocked the God of the Bible before because casual sex is a sin.  Tell me, does casual sex not have consequences?  Tell me, in millions of cases do children not suffer because of their parent's casual sex?  What did this children do?  Yet they suffer because of their parent's sin.  What answer have you or the God that you believe in for this?  Is your God cruel?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2008, 02:13:27 PM »
Your analogy of yourself targeting a random kid at the park, not for anything his/her parents did, but for Adam's sin is terrible.  No offense.  You'll have to come up with one that at least comes close to parallel with the Old Testament.

In the Old Testament, God told Israel to destroy wicked nations, along with their children.  God did not tell Israel to go kill only the children.  God did not tell Israel to go kill children because of Adam's sin.  See how your analogy is not good?

I don't speak for God.  If you really think that I do, then you either have not read the Bible or simply forgot what it says.  God speaks for Himself.

You believe there is a God, but that He is not cruel.  Why?  If there is a God and if He is cruel, He will not cease to exist and He will not cease to be cruel just because you don't like it.

As for children suffering for the sins of the parents, it happens everyday.  You have mocked Christians and you have mocked the God of the Bible before because casual sex is a sin.  Tell me, does casual sex not have consequences?  Tell me, in millions of cases do children not suffer because of their parent's casual sex?  What did this children do?  Yet they suffer because of their parent's sin.  What answer have you or the God that you believe in for this?  Is your God cruel?

Still can't answer the question (what if God told to do it) other than to say God wouldn't say that followed by your denial of saying that you speak for God.

Your reaction and responses speak volumes.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2008, 02:31:07 PM »

Still can't answer the question (what if God told to do it) other than to say God wouldn't say that followed by your denial of saying that you speak for God.

Your reaction and responses speak volumes.

OzmO, what makes you so "superior" and who put you in such high position over me that you can ask me questions and demand answers all the while ignoring my questions?  Are you not going to answer my questions?

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2008, 02:43:18 PM »
The bible is full of the God-condoned mass murder of men, women, children, babies in the most barbaric fashion, including the dashing of babies against rocks, ripping open the bellies of pregnant women (does that constitute abortion?) savage rape and multiple rape (gangbangs), the wholesale slaughter of animals, slavery, kidnapping, etc... the list goes on endlessly.

Cruelty is a human word.  How can you ascribe human emotion/logic to the Creator of all? I guess if you believe, you just have to follow the rules and not interpret or question the motives, since it would be beyond the comprehension of any human to know the "mind" of God.

Figgs had an interesting point a lot earlier in the thread.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2008, 04:38:48 PM »
The bible is full of the God-condoned mass murder of men, women, children, babies in the most barbaric fashion, including the dashing of babies against rocks, ripping open the bellies of pregnant women (does that constitute abortion?) savage rape and multiple rape (gangbangs), the wholesale slaughter of animals, slavery, kidnapping, etc... the list goes on endlessly.

Cruelty is a human word.  How can you ascribe human emotion/logic to the Creator of all? I guess if you believe, you just have to follow the rules and not interpret or question the motives, since it would be beyond the comprehension of any human to know the "mind" of God.

Figgs had an interesting point a lot earlier in the thread.

Hey Deedee!  God did order the destruction of wicked nations, including their children.

But please do show me where in the Bible God orders "the dashing of babies against rocks, ripping open the bellies of pregnant women, savage rape and multiple rape (gangbangs".  I'm not just asking you to please show me where in the Bible this happened, but where exactly in the Bible does God order or condone the above.  Just because it's in the Bible doesn't automatically mean that God approves of it.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2008, 04:41:43 PM »
OzmO, what makes you so "superior" and who put you in such high position over me that you can ask me questions and demand answers all the while ignoring my questions?  Are you not going to answer my questions?

So now we've sunk to defecting the issue have we?

It was a simple question with a good point.

You can't answer it and i understand why. 

It is a sad thing that you have to defend this alleged god's word in this way that it cannot stand up to simple questions with out you having to use debate tactics to deflect from the issue.   Must not be all that great of a "word" if it has to be defended like this.

And you should be ashamed of yourself to presume you speak for god and can decide what he does or does not say.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2008, 04:42:34 PM »

Hey Deedee!  God did order the destruction of wicked nations, including their children.

But please do show me where in the Bible God orders "the dashing of babies against rocks, ripping open the bellies of pregnant women, savage rape and multiple rape (gangbangs".  I'm not just asking you to please show me where in the Bible this happened, but where exactly in the Bible does God order or condone the above.  Just because it's in the Bible doesn't automatically mean that God approves of it.

how do you think they killed them loco?  Gave them sleeping pills?   ::)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2008, 04:45:42 PM »
So now we've sunk to defecting the issue have we?

It was a simple question with a good point.

You can't answer it and i understand why. 

It is a sad thing that you have to defend this alleged god's word in this way that it cannot stand up to simple questions with out you having to use debate tactics to deflect from the issue.

And you should be ashamed of yourself to presume you speak for god and can decide what he does or does not say.

Why is it so hard for you to answer my questions?  You're so good at mocking other people's faith, but when asked simple questions, you can't answer.

So what if God asked you to smack a little kid at the park?  What do you want me to answer?  Would you do it?  That's only for you to answer.  I guess the answer is yes, you would do it.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2008, 04:46:31 PM »
how do you think they killed them loco?  Gave them sleeping pills?   ::)

I don't know, and neither do you.  The Bible doesn't say.  Beheading probably.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2008, 05:43:57 PM »
The killing of children is a very hard thing to try to get your mind around.  The only thing I can really say about it is that I guess you've got to have faith that God - who is all knowing - knew what He was doing.

How do you defend the killing of children STella?

How do you tell yourself it was ok for God to kill all those young babies, and those little boys and girls who were only a few years old.

We recently had one 7 year old killed and sexually assaulted here in Sweden. She was lost for several days before found. The whole nation is mourning.

Her name: Engla (a Swedish form of Angel)

Consider that one little girl. And her murder multiplied by thousands.

And done by God?

How is the act justified?

How is it right?

And most importantly:

STella, why do you follow a God who murders so many babies and children?
As empty as paradise

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2008, 05:47:56 PM »
Why is it so hard for you to answer my questions?  You're so good at mocking other people's faith, but when asked simple questions, you can't answer.

So what if God asked you to smack a little kid at the park?  What do you want me to answer?  Would you do it?  That's only for you to answer.  I guess the answer is yes, you would do it.

that's just it, i was trying to answer your question:

Why did you do this OzmO?  Did God really tell you to do it or did you make that up?

First you assumed i did hit a child to the point you asked if i did it.

Then you asked:  Did God really tell you to do it or did you make that up?

I replied what if god told me to do it?  Which you still haven't answered.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2008, 07:07:41 PM »
that's just it, i was trying to answer your question:

First you assumed i did hit a child to the point you asked if i did it.

Then you asked:  Did God really tell you to do it or did you make that up?

I replied what if god told me to do it?  Which you still haven't answered.

To which I did answer that the God of the Bible won't tell you to smack a child in the face.  First of all, you don't even believe in the God of the Bible.  Second of all, the God of the Bible already told Christians to turn the other cheek in order to win non-Christians over to Jesus Christ.