Author Topic: for moen, da-vinci and other fashionable fellas  (Read 18411 times)

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: for moen, da-vinci and other fashionable fellas
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 05:47:54 AM »
WTH? He is looking for some nice kicks, not something that will get him kicked in the head or laughed at.

Sambas, or Nike's indoor soccer shoes (the ones with the neon soles), Reebok Classics, old school Sauconys, adidas running, or Nike Waffles in diff colors, or any of the various lowtop Chuck Taylors---which
 never go out of style.
Thank me later, or check out SOLE magazine.

If he needed a pair for exercising, of course these wouldn't be suitable.

But laughed at, why? And besides, who cares? People will laugh at or with anything. That is, the type of people da_vinci has mentioned several times now at least.

I hope you're not advising him to walk around on the street wearing a pair of these?

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 05:48:33 AM »
Lol yes i'm only busting his sponsored balls

:D

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 05:49:54 AM »
Shape wise most of these "shoes" are a danger to the human eye.
The cock and forza shoe seem ok, though latter one looks like a chicks handbag.

Post up some pairs that are bruce approved. I can't wait to see what you and Hulkotron are going to come up with  8)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 05:58:48 AM »
it's a "euro thing" brother

i'm just trying to adapt to my surroundings and respect my euro brothers by showing some love and taking in the best they have to offer 8)

p.s. brits are almost as a big of dullards as americans, but mainland europe is on a different level so to speak, and even the dutch dudes got some cool style to them, pink shirts and all ;D
Ah, yes the "funny shoes wearing Euros" that come to Latin American countries
If he needed a pair for exercising, of course these wouldn't be suitable

But laughed at, why? And besides, who cares? People will laugh at or with anything. That is, the type of people da_vinci has mentioned several times now at least.

I hope you're not advising him to walk around on the street wearing a pair of these?

If you want dope style, you go Air Max 95s, in a myriad of colors...or Jordans---because everybody recognizes Jordans, and can be a talking point ("I had the Jordan Vs"). Or Air Force Ones, all white or all black with white swoosh. Or all white reebok classics. You want a "clean" look, something that shows that you're stylish, yet pays homage to the old school.

A clean look never gets laughed at---like ties, stripes and patterns never go out of style.
With shoes a clean look and a great colorways is the way. Just look at a Nike's Air Presto...the shoes are the shit. Great colorways (infinite) very comfortable, and very stylish.

Those other shoes show a "I'm trying too hard" vibe.

And no, not those. There are these Nike indoor soccer shoes, all black, but with a swoosh on the forefoot, and bright neon sole.

The ones you showed would be good with baggy sweatpants or jeans.

No, not those, although those are

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 06:04:25 AM »
Judging by the shoes he buys and asking other dudes about the colors and brand etc I would say that dj is the type of fella that spins at the Blue Oyster on sat nights.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2012, 06:07:53 AM »
It's somewhat of a consensus that Americans have no taste, and your shoe advice confirms just that Parker  :P

Air Max'es are worn by marginal, lower class people here in Europe. The same with the other shoes you mention. They are shoes worn by people on welfare :D

You seriously think these Air Max 95's are better looking than any of the ones I posted? They are absolutely horrible looking!

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2012, 06:10:39 AM »
Just look at what you are advising to poor dj181 :o

I like you Parker but your taste in sneakers is terrible to say the least.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2012, 06:14:26 AM »
dj181: Because I care for you and your well being, promise me one thing please, never ever take clothing or shoe advice from Americans, only from Europeans, I think both da_vinci and me can give you good advice so there's no need to listen to other people on this board  :D

In real life: consult homos, they generally have good taste.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2012, 06:16:00 AM »
Have to agree here, Air Max 95's, TN's and 97's are usually worn by purveyors of low quality cannabis resins

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2012, 06:20:44 AM »
Have to agree here, Air Max 95's, TN's and 97's are usually worn by purveyors of low quality cannabis resins

I think our Polish gardener wears Air Max'es  :o (no racist!)

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2012, 06:23:37 AM »
It's somewhat of a consensus that Americans have no taste, and your shoe advice confirms just that Parker  :P

Air Max'es are worn by marginal, lower class people here in Europe. The same with the other shoes you mention. They are shoes worn by people on welfare :D

Americans are known to going out while wearing some unwashed/worn out shit and being PROUD of it. In Germany for ex. - if you see a female that's dressed like shit and generally looks messed up, with unwashed hair, worn out jeans, etc.. 9 out 10 chances are - she's american, the same goes for guys, tho' guys seem to be more stylish than females. To take a fashion advice from american it's like to take advice on steroids from J.Genova.

"Air Max'es are worn by marginal, lower class people here in Europe. The same with the other shoes you mention. They are shoes worn by people on welfare

You seriously think these Air Max 95's are better looking than any of the ones I posted? They are absolutely horrible looking!
" - Exactly. That's what some old fella would wear here in Europe, with socks way up to his knees in addition to some horrible lookin/cargo shorts lol..

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2012, 06:30:50 AM »
I think our Polish gardener wears Air Max'es  :o (no racist!)

Bingo! ask him if he sells weed

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2012, 06:35:51 AM »
Americans are known to going out while wearing some unwashed/worn out shit and being PROUD of it. In Germany for ex. - if you see a female that's dressed like shit and generally looks messed up, with unwashed hair, worn out jeans, etc.. 9 out 10 chances are - she's american, the same goes for guys, tho' guys seem to be more stylish than females. To take a fashion advice from american it's like to take advice on steroids from J.Genova.

"Air Max'es are worn by marginal, lower class people here in Europe. The same with the other shoes you mention. They are shoes worn by people on welfare

" - Exactly. That's what some old fella would wear here in Europe, with socks way up to his knees in addition to some horrible lookin/cargo shorts lol..

It's something I've systematically noticed throughout the years. Whether it be clothing, shoes, cuisine, cars, ... many Americans seem to be stuck in the Stone Age.

Even something as basic as bread, there are hardly any or even no bakeries in the US. They buy their bread in supermarkets and from what I've heard, the quality is terrible.

I don't want to generalize too much though, I'm sure there are Americans who did evolve and have developed a fine taste.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2012, 06:39:52 AM »
dj181: Because I care for you and your well being, promise me one thing please, never ever take clothing or shoe advice from Americans, only from Europeans, I think both da_vinci and me can give you good advice so there's no need to listen to other people on this board  :D

In real life: consult homos, they generally have good taste.

agreed man agreed

i gotta throw off this american yoke of mine, and embace my Euro roots 8) but not my British roots, as it's best that i stick with my Austrian, German, and French roots ;)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2012, 06:42:07 AM »
It's something I've systematically noticed throughout the years. Whether it be clothing, shoes, cuisine, cars, ... many Americans seem to be stuck in the Stone Age.

Even something as basic as bread, there are hardly any or even no bakeries in the US. They buy their bread in supermarkets and from what I've heard, the quality is terrible.

I don't want to generalize too much though, I'm sure there are Americans who did evolve and have developed a fine taste.

Adam / TA is a beacon of hope that blazes strong over the atlantic, joining us all in a united quest for fine living.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2012, 06:46:41 AM »
Bingo! ask him if he sells weed

I doubt it. He, like many Poles, is only into Vodka. He even brews it. Nice guy from what we can tell  :P

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2012, 06:47:28 AM »
Fuck me, there are some shit shoes in this thread.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2012, 06:51:15 AM »

Tastes vary---but those shoes that posted were tasteless...they look like someone with some cheap cologne would wear.
I mean, it was diesel that set the tone for shoes like that 10 yrs ago---and said companies (the ones who make those shoes) bank on some poor soul (sole) to spend money on gaudy shoes just because of the name.
Let me put it like this---since this is a bodybulding board---you hook up everything like how Cornier looks...nothing out of place, symmetry, style, class, aesthetics.
It's simple really. Remember I said it's the colorways that really set things off...

BTW, when Euros come over here, one thing that they are amazed about is our portion of food. We fat Americans know how to eat.

Now where are my Air Kukinis?

**da_Vinci, it's the colorways that set off the Air Max 95s---you get a dope colorway and yes, they are better.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2012, 06:52:04 AM »
Adam / TA is a beacon of hope that blazes strong over the atlantic, joining us all in a united quest for fine living.

The one thing cuisine-related I've heard from him consisted of this, I kid you not:

There is a specific name for it that I can't remember, but just looking at it, I can only conlude that he still has a long way to go just as well  :D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2012, 06:52:31 AM »
Judging by the shoes he buys and asking other dudes about the colors and brand etc I would say that dj is the type of fella that spins at the Blue Oyster on sat nights.

He's seems more the type that gets spun ;)

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2012, 06:54:17 AM »
agreed man agreed

i gotta throw off this american yoke of mine, and embace my Euro roots 8) but not my British roots, as it's best that i stick with my Austrian, German, and French roots ;)

You are orginally from the US? Why the move to Poland? You may have told me this already but I tend to forget a lot now that I'm smoking weed more often  :P

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2012, 06:59:49 AM »
I can't imagine poland being a best choice to live in.. Plenty of meatheads, and generally a poppulation of not overly smart people (no offence to decent polaks).

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2012, 07:00:37 AM »
Tastes vary---but those shoes that posted were tasteless...they look like someone with some cheap cologne would wear.
I mean, it was diesel that set the tone for shoes like that 10 yrs ago---and said companies (the ones who make those shoes) bank on some poor soul (sole) to spend money on gaudy shoes just because of the name.
Let me put it like this---since this is a bodybulding board---you hook up everything like how Cornier looks...nothing out of place, symmetry, style, class, aesthetics.
It's simple really. Remember I said it's the colorways that really set things off...

BTW, when Euros come over here, one thing that they are amazed about is our portion of food. We fat Americans know how to eat.

Now where are my Air Kukinis?

**da_Vinci, it's the colorways that set off the Air Max 95s---you get a dope colorway and yes, they are better.

Tastes vary yes, but I believe taste is definitely objectifiable. My taste in sneakers is good, the ones I posted are stylish and have class (as far as that is possible for sneakers of course, they are still sneakers).

The ones you posted lack both, even though they are about as expensive as mine. The ones you posted, one should only wear to actually play sports with. And even then, I would make other choices. There's no way you can walk outside with them and not be seen as a low(er) class fool. Just sayin'  8)

I like you Parker but shoes are just not your forte  ;D

Portion sizes are indeed a lot bigger in the US. The whole "bigger is better" mentality is yet another thing America is regularly mocked for.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2012, 07:17:49 AM »
I wear these to the gym. nothing crazy but I'm 47 years old, you DO have to make some concessions to age in your wardrobe choices..or you look like a pathetic boob who's trying to be 15 years younger than he is

I have to agree a bit with the assesment of Parker's taste in sneakers...his Black is showing big time.

of those other sneakers posted, the more sedate ones are quite nice..those pantofolos are pretty cool, but a few of them are horribly loud and juvenile looking, and very gay.

There are some cool american sneakers, and if you broaden your horizons and look at some hiking shoes, you can get some very cool looking and unique footwear that every other dickhead isn't rocking, and they are indestructible.

i have had my Merells for 5 years and they still look fresh

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2012, 07:29:11 AM »
I can't imagine poland being a best choice to live in.. Plenty of meatheads, and generally a poppulation of not overly smart people (no offence to decent polaks).

It's probably very cheap to live, I assume that's why he went there?